Liechtenstein Princely Family current events 2: Jan 2004 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Warren! I wish the photo was bigger though.

kerry said:
OMG!!! They all look so wonderful and happy! I love the the granddaughters in their pink and the grandsons in their matching suits. Prince Alfons looks so cute standing next to Pope Benedict. Thanks for the link Zanychick3000!

With his hand on his hip, he looks like he has a lot of personality. :lol:

Great pictures. Don't the boys look cute in their suits. :)
How long did they meet with the Pope?

Liechtenstein Royalty Visit Holy Father

VATICAN CITY, FEB. 4, 2007 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI received in an audience Liechtenstein's Prince Hans Adam II and Princess Marie and their family.

The audience was held Saturday.

The principality of Liechtenstein has declared 2007 the "Year of the Family."

Zenit News Agency - The World Seen From Rome

^ Today I read that the Pope is speaking out against the attack on families in Rome. (common law marriages and stuff) I wonder if their visit had anything to do with that?

Well, their visit was kind of low key, huh? I mean you can't pull up their current or future visits any where, at least to my knowledge. With the theme, "Year of the Family", leaves little room for doubt. I also read where the Pope was condemning abortion. So that is along the same lines.

BurberryBrit said:
I was just about to post, all the "parties" that the Liechtensteins throw look the same. Don't they even let loose? Then I saw this pic:

I spoke too soon! :ROFLMAO:
I agree with you BurberryBrit. I think the Liechtenstein royals prefer to have the image of a serious and dutiful family. I bet this family is really fun family to be around. You have to applaud them for remaining professional and scandal free compared to some royal families.

I like that about them. They don't seek media attention in a bad way. But why weren't they in Norway for the King's birthday?

kaydura0717 said:
I like that about them. They don't seek media attention in a bad way. But why weren't they in Norway for the King's birthday?

That's what I'm wondering. They seem to be somewhat alienated from the other families. (I don't know if that's the right word.) Usually there's one representative. I wonder, has there ever been any big bashes like Harold's done in Liechtenstein? Probably not. :sad: It would be nice, though, to see a ball in Liechtenstein. Or maybe there are but there are limited photos?

BurberryBrit said:
That's what I'm wondering. They seem to be somewhat alienated from the other families. (I don't know if that's the right word.) Usually there's one representative. I wonder, has there ever been any big bashes like Harold's done in Liechtenstein? Probably not. :sad: It would be nice, though, to see a ball in Liechtenstein. Or maybe there are but there are limited photos?

They were not in Norway as there a no close contacts between the Families. Also at the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit there was nobody there. The are usually represented at the benelux Events and in Spain.
A Ball in Liechtenstein was held for the Wedding of Hereditary Prince Alois and Duchess Sophie in Bavaira in 1993 in the Inner Court of the Vaduz Castle.

Stefan said:
They were not in Norway as there a no close contacts between the Families. Also at the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit there was nobody there. The are usually represented at the benelux Events and in Spain.
A Ball in Liechtenstein was held for the Wedding of Hereditary Prince Alois and Duchess Sophie in Bavaira in 1993 in the Inner Court of the Vaduz Castle.
They have any closer relationships with any orher Royal Family?

magnik said:
They have any closer relationships with any orher Royal Family?
The Belgium and Luxeumbourg royals.

Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein is married to Princess Margaretha of Luxemburg and Prince Philip Erasmus of Liechtensitein married Isabelle de l'Arbre de Malande who has some relationship to the Belgian royal family but I forget how.

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
Thanks for the photo. I can't read the caption. Do you know when this was taken and why? Maybe they were invited but couldn't attend for whatever reason.
The caption has the date and people: 8 April 2001. GD Henri, GD Maria Teresa, Haakon, Jean of Luxembourg, Mette-Marit, CPcess Victoria, Erbprinz Alois, Willem-Alexander, Felipe, and Erbprinzessin Sophie. The guard-box suggests they are outside the Grand Ducal Palace.

In April 2001 Grand Duke Henri hosted a party/ball/function to celebrate his installation as Grand Duke six months previously. All of the CPs attended except for the Prince of Wales who had other commitments. Other than those in the photo, guests included Prince Albert of Monaco, CP Frederik, Philippe & Mathilde, the Prince and Princess de Ligne, and most of the Grand Ducal Family including Prince Robert & Princess Julia and Robert's sister Charlotte.

Interestingly Haakon was accompanied by Mette-Marit, who was at the time his fianceé. This was her first official function outside of Norway, and provided a good opportunity for her to "meet and greet" one slice of the Gotha.

source: Point de Vue 11 April 2001.

BurberryBrit said:
Prince Philip Erasmus of Liechtensitein married Isabelle de l'Arbre de Malande who has some relationship to the Belgian royal family but I forget how.
Her godmother was Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians.

Last edited:
My-o-my how times and fortunes have changed. The last we've known the Princely Family's fortune was somewhere north of 3 billion dollars. I find it amazing since not all billionaires manage to hold onto their funds.

Found this old article on the family's net worth. Prince Franz Joseph II has to proud:flowers: : THE 1988 BILLIONAIRES, RANKED BY ASSETS - September 12, 1988

There are other royals listed also.

Last edited:
I think they have such a good understanding of investments and assets. They have wineries, and rice products and loads of antique art. And most of them seem to get educations and actually WORK to earn even more money. They're not just living off the kit (although I believe I read the Princes receive an allowance?). They have money but also an extremely high work ethic and drive to succeed.

I was wondering if anyone will make avatars of the Liechtenstein Royal Family. I don't know how to make avatars, and if no one will make any can somebody please tell how to make them.:flowers:

Tara20052 said:
I was wondering if anyone will make avatars of the Liechtenstein Royal Family. I don't know how to make avatars, and if no one will make any can somebody please tell how to make them.:flowers:

If there aren't any, just take your favorite picture and crop it to the appropriate size. On your computer, there's probably some picture modifying program (Paint, etc). Just shrik the pic down to the appropriate size. If that doesn't help, I'll try to explain it better.

BurberryBrit said:
... They're not just living off the kit (although I believe I read the Princes receive an allowance?). They have money but also an extremely high work ethic and drive to succeed.

Refreshing isn't it! Nice to see there are some royals out there paving their own way in this world and not living off the family name and purse. Even if they do get an allowance it is nice to know that they lead lucrative lives with their own 9 to 5's.

kerry said:
Refreshing isn't it! Nice to see there are some royals out there paving their own way in this world and not living off the family name and purse. Even if they do get an allowance it is nice to know that they lead lucrative lives with their own 9 to 5's.

Very refreshing. I'm sure their subjects (not sure if that's the right word in 2007?) really respect them.

It's taken four years to fill this thread, and we've now done it. :flowers:

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein current events thread part 3 commencing May 2007 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom