Hereditary Prince Alois and Princess Sophie Current Events 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the UN Hereditary Prince Alois sent a video message to the United Nations:

Last edited:
Hereditary Prince Alois received the new Swiss Ambassador Michael Flügger today, September 23:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Hereditary Prince Alois attended the award ceremony of the "Energy and Climate Workshop Liechtenstein" today:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Yesterday, October 23, Hereditary Prince Alois participated in the virtual event "The UN at 75 - the role of the Right of Self-Determination":

** Pic **

The Princely House supported the government's proposal to use the quiet time over the holidays to reduce the number of cases.

"We would all have preferred to celebrate the holidays without these restrictions, but let's use these days to consistently reduce the number of cases. In addition, I ask everyone to follow the guidelines and recommendations in a disciplined manner and thank the government for their broad support, ”Hereditary Prince Alois appeals in a letter."

https://www.volksblatt.li/nachricht...ellt-sich-hinter-die-massnahmen-der-regierung

She looks like a christmas angel. Wonderful. I like it!

Wow what did Pss Sophie do to her hair.?

Well, I like her hair, but I think, the question is rather: "What did Pss Sophie not do to her hair?"

If they have a lockdown like here in Germany, then the barber shops are closed...

So, her "big hair" might be a political gesture as well - no hair maintenance for anybody, not even for the Princess.

Last edited:
Actually, that is her natural hair texture- big and curly. If you look back to photos of her first years in marriage you'll see big-haired Sophie. We're just use to her getting silk presses.

I've always found this family interesting, and Sophie especially very appealing. It's always struck me how they don't seem to be subjected to paparazzi attention, or perhaps they just eschew it very effectively. Members of most reigning families will be photographed out and about as they go about their personal business, but I've never even seen a photo of Alois or Sophie - or any other member of the princely family - driving a car. I assume that they naturally do run errands and socialize, but they seem to maintain their privacy to a degree that is impressive. Even if there is some standard in Liechtenstein that snapping photos of the princely family is not the done thing, it's notable that the foreign papparazzi isn't more interested in this billionaire family.

I've always found this family interesting, and Sophie especially very appealing. It's always struck me how they don't seem to be subjected to paparazzi attention, or perhaps they just eschew it very effectively. Members of most reigning families will be photographed out and about as they go about their personal business, but I've never even seen a photo of Alois or Sophie - or any other member of the princely family - driving a car. I assume that they naturally do run errands and socialize, but they seem to maintain their privacy to a degree that is impressive. Even if there is some standard in Liechtenstein that snapping photos of the princely family is not the done thing, it's notable that the foreign papparazzi isn't more interested in this billionaire family.

I also find this family interesting. But it is not a family that piques the interest of the press. I would like to see more news about them, especially about the children of Alois and Sophie who seem to be very discreet.
I wonder if a Grace Kelly had married a reigning prince of Liechtenstein if everything would be different?
It is very interesting all the mystery that surrounds this family.

Last edited:

This is largely due to living in a small country where the press leaves the family alone - no photographer would dare to snap a member of the princely doing private things. There is not enough interest in the family outside the area to generate income for photographers.

On day 2 of the meeting of the Heads of State of the German-speaking countries Hereditary Prince Alois and Princess Sophie attended a meeting at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research:

** Pic **

This is largely due to living in a small country where the press leaves the family alone - no photographer would dare to snap a member of the princely doing private things. There is not enough interest in the family outside the area to generate income for photographers.
Unless the heir marries a famous woman then all things will change. But this family is discreet for a reason.

Yes they dont want press attention, so the odds are that it is unlikley that anyone senior in the family would marry anyone famous...

Liechtenstein is a very small country with a few newspapers and no paparazzi. It is not the norm for a photographer to snap a member of the princely family out and about, such as visiting a restaurant, shopping, etc. It is not done.

Unless the heir marries a famous woman then all things will change. But this family is discreet for a reason.

Unlikely to happen, but the press is more controlled ... the two main newspapers do not largely write about the princely family except for official events. I often look at the Volksblatt to see what is happening and you will never see a fluff piece on a member of the princely family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Hans Adam is the wealthiest ruler on the Continent with his personal fortune estimated at about 4 billion dollars.:eek:

The fact that the Princely family apparently prefers a discreet life well out of the spotlight doesn't surprise me at all.

I vaguely remember reading about one of the young Liechtenstein princes datimg supermodel Adriana Lima some years ago but it didn't last long...and again I am not surprised.

Last edited:
I’m sure that all royal families would prefer a quiet discreet life out of the spotlight. However, in some cases the media within the country doesn’t allow that. Example the British tabloids and associated media.

Prince Hans-Adam and his family of Liechtenstein don’t receive any allowances from the State, not to cover their duties or for just simply being part of the RF; that might be part of the explanation for the disinterest in covering their romances, private lives etc!

:previous: I was thinking more along the lines of potential kidnap threats and fortune hunters. All it might take is a marriage to a Grace Kelly to bring that type of unwanted media attention to tiny Liechtenstein...and they would prefer to avoid it apparently.

I’m sure that all royal families would prefer a quiet discreet life out of the spotlight. However, in some cases the media within the country doesn’t allow that. Example the British tabloids and associated media.

Prince Hans-Adam and his family of Liechtenstein don’t receive any allowances from the State, not to cover their duties or for just simply being part of the RF; that might be part of the explanation for the disinterest in covering their romances, private lives etc!

The Fürst and his son the Erbprinz receive no income from the State but all their expenses are met. So their accomodation, representation, transportation, security, facilities, utilities and staff are paid for. The portrayal is "wow, that head of state does it all for free" but that is factually nonsense.

The billions of wealth attributed to the Fürst in popular media are also not the personal wealth but the fortune of the House, with the large art collection as main element.

To paraphrase the late Duchess of Alba: "Rich? Rich? I can not go to the supermarket with a Rembrandt under my arm" meaning that a family can be wealthy in assets but not necessarily in cashflow. The family Von und Zu Liechtenstein is quite extended and almost all of them work for their living. I can not think of any Liechtenstein Prince rolling their Euros or Swiss Francs in Monte-Carlo or Marbella.

Last edited:
Liechtenstein is a very different Principality in comparison to Monaco who's Princely family would be far better known compared to that of Liechtenstein .

Also the Liechtenstein Princely Family appear to be very discreet and are rarely in the media.

Does anyone know the details why Prince Alois became the regent in 2004?

It seems to be tradition. Prince Hans-Adam's father also did the same thing in 1984.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom