Godparents of the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
I am searching for the godparents for the children and grandchildren of Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein. Does anyone know who they are?

That's interesting. It looks like Godfathers and Godmothers are already family members. My Godparents are not people that I'm related too.

Neither are mine. But assuming if something grave happens to the parents then the godparents are the ones to rear the children. I like the idea of the siblings taking on that responsibility and keeping the children within the family. Adds further mystery to the family also.

Neither are mine. But assuming if something grave happens to the parents then the godparents are the ones to rear the children. I like the idea of the siblings taking on that responsibility and keeping the children within the family. Adds further mystery to the family also.

You got that right! :lol: The Princely family is really interesting. Most other royal/princely families create connections to other families through the role of godparents. I also didn't know that the godparents take over in the event something happens to the parents. I think in some cases, parents have a will that specifies someone, but anyway that's getting off topic. I wonder who is Theodora's godparent (Astrid and Alexander's daughter)?

Who are the godparents of Alois and Sophie's children?

Based on old christening pictures I guess:
- Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein (father's brother) is a godfather of Joseph-Wenzel Maximilian Maria
- Princess Elisabeth in Bayern (mother's sister) is a godmother of Marie Caroline Elisabeth Immaculata
- Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein (father's brother) is a godfather of Georg Antonius Constantin Maria
- Hereditary Count Alexander of Quadt (1st cousin of his mother) is a godfather of Nikolaus Sebastian Alexander Maria

Back
Top Bottom