The Sultan's Birthday: 2006-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another bit

Attachments

• MASRI_006.jpg
    MASRI_006.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 327
  • MASRI_008.jpg
    MASRI_008.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 375
  • MASRI_011.jpg
    MASRI_011.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 329
Sarah is the Belle of the Ball here. Love the chocolate brown colour on her. It's nice to see her in plain colour designs rather than just flowery patterns.

Princess Azrinaz has started covering her hair, as I predicted she would after she got her royal title. :rolleyes: She's now dressing like Raja Isteri..

Last edited by a moderator:
Zina said:
Sarah is the Belle of the Ball here. Love the chocolate brown colour on her. It's nice to see her in plain colour designs rather than just flowery patterns.

Princess Azrinaz has started covering her hair, as I predicted she would after she got her royal title. :rolleyes: She's now dressing like Raja Isteri..

Yes Sarah does look lovely. I like seeing her every once in a while in something more elegant and understated.

About the style of Azrinaz's hijab, I think it might have something to do with the fact that the RBAF banquet was held in a religious atmosphere, as mentioned in the article below (second last paragraph).

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]RBAF hosts royal birthday banquet [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Supreme Commander of Royal Brunei Armed Forces last night consented to grace the RBAF royal banquet in conjunction with His Majesty's 60th Birthday celebration, at the Chancellor Hall of Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
The royal banquet was also graced by Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha and HRH Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar. His Majesty, Her Majesty and HRH were greeted on arrival by the Deputy Minister of Defence, Pehin Datu Singamanteri Col (Rtd) Dato Seri Paduka Hj Mohamad Yasmin Hj Umar. Borneo Bulletin

Colourful tribute to His Majesty

The skies above the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium lit up in a hue of colours Saturday night as the opening show of the Brunei International Tattoo 2006 turned out to be a befitting 60th birthday gift for His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam. Borneo Bulletin

Royal audience at the grand tattoo
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Last night, the Royal Brunei Armed Forces presented their Supreme Commander and Minister of Defence, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, with a perfect 60th birthday gift at a celebration of musical might in an electrifying opening of the Brunei International Tattoo 2006 (BIT 2006) at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas.

Accompanying His Majesty to the show were Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hjh Saleha, Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar as well as His Royal Highness Prince General Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah the Crown Prince and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah.
Also present were HRH Prince Abdul Malik, HRH Prince Abdul Mateen, HRH Princess Hajah Masna, and other members of the Royal family.

His Majesty the Sultan And Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and the Royal entourage received a Royal Salute followed by the National Anthem. His Majesty then proceeded to inspect a Guard of Honour.

Carrying the theme 'Together We Celebrate His Majesty's 60th Birthday', the tattoo showcased military bands and stunning cultural performances from thirteen countries - Brunei, Australia, China, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Oman, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan and United Kingdom. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

[/FONT]

Attachments

• 1BAHAR_07.jpg
    1BAHAR_07.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 1MASRI_009.jpg
    1MASRI_009.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 1BAHAR_08.jpg
    1BAHAR_08.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 1BAHAR_09.jpg
    1BAHAR_09.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 1MASRI_004.jpg
    1MASRI_004.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 271
  • 1RAMLI_004.jpg
    1RAMLI_004.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 338
Some more pictures (Infofoto)

Princess Azrinaz’s kebaya looks a bit too tight for comfort.

Society responsible for upkeep of environment

The maintenance, cleanliness and beauty of the environment is the responsibility of everyone in society, said Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hjh Saleha as she delivered a titah yesterday at the "Cleanliness and Landscape Competition" and "Live Flower Show" at The Rizqun International Hotel, The Mall, Gadong. Her Majesty also consented to officiate the event, which was held in conjunction with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's 60th birthday celebrations. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

Attachments

• upload5.jpg
    upload5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 334
  • upload6.jpg
    upload6.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 791
  • upload23.jpg
    upload23.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 307
  • upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 244
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal Affair at grand Concert Dirgahayu Emas [/FONT]

It was a grand Concert Dirgahayu Emas especially staged for His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in celebration of his 60th birthday at the Jerudong Amphitheatre last night
. . .

His Majesty's grandson, YAM Pengiran Anak Abdul Raqiib, was also on the stage. Guests had the honour of seeing performances by His Majesty's grand-daughters, YAM Pg Anak Raheemah Sanaul Bolkiah and YAM Pengiran Anak Hariisah Widadul Bolqiah, making the night a special and memorable one.

During their performances, YAM Pg Anak Raheemah recited a "Sajak Dirgahayu", while her younger sister, YAM Pg Anak Hariisah belted out "Tomorrow" and "The Greatest Love of All". Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

More pictures from Infofoto.
The pictures of the sultan with his grandkids are quite cute. Princess Rashidah's children already seem to be quite actively involved in public events.

Crown prince wife is getting prettier.Its nice to see her. also the new Queen, the SUltans wife is very attractive.

Last edited:
Why the new Sultan's wife doesn't cover her hair totally like all the other royal Brunei's women?Is there a difference or any meaning?

What a magnificent concert...And the Sultan grandchildren are lovely! :flowers:

Vanesa.

Big 60th Bday Concert

It was lasted for hours. I dont know where they got the entertainment from. The singers were amateurish and bland despite the flashy colourful costumes. Performances were nothing new or spectacular and No stars or local talent featured.

Listening to people around and about talking about the event, it was a complete waste of money and time.

More from the banquet (Infofoto)
The Sultan must have the longest birthday celebrations in the world

intandelima said:
His name is HRH Prine Abdul Azim

Does anyone know why the Sultan's son appeared on such a trashy show, I mean Bobby and Whitney have sunk to a new low.:neutral:

I hope that show never aired outside the United States.

I also was wondering why Princess Sarah and the Sultan's daughters don't wear tiaras?:)

Well...don't complain! originality is not a common thing in shows these last years...and in the whole world! A big yawn for all public shows and festivals...:lol:

Vanesa.

SASSY said:
Does anyone know why the Sultan's son appeared on such a trashy show, I mean Bobby and Whitney have sunk to a new low.:neutral:

I hope that show never aired outside the United States.

I also was wondering why Princess Sarah and the Sultan's daughters don't wear tiaras?:)

Would love to see that show.:lol:

I think only wives of monarchs wear them, as symbols of their status.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
More from the banquet (Infofoto)
The Sultan must have the longest birthday celebrations in the world

I think it's just this year cos he's 60.... :cool:

<edit> removed quoted images

Oh I dont know. I seem to recall the same thing last year, and the year before that, several banquets, visits to the various districts and so on, all spread out over several weeks.
I wonder what's in store for next year, with the 40th anniversary of the Sultan's ascension to the throne in October. I wonder if we'll see two separate celebrations for the birthday and the ascension anniversary or just one huge bash. Money's obviously not really an object but the latter option sounds more practical, especially when you have foreign guests and heads of states coming into the country.

Nobody answered my previous question,is there any meaning if the sencond wife of the Sultan doesn't cover completly her hair like his first wife and the other women of the royal family?

And I have an other question,the women in Brunei wear all scarves in their country,I mean like in Saudia Arabia or Iran,where scarf is obligatory even if they don't wear it oustide their countries.

Hi Tamara Khan, I will answer your questions. the first one is that the second wife have her own style of wearing the headscarf, she comes from Malaysia & the women there mostly wear the headscarves like hers, she only covers her hair during religious functions. The second is that wearing headscarves is obligatory during official functions. Most women government officers wear headscarves to work. Only a few don't wear them. But it isn't obligatory when you are just going out in public.

Ah ok,I see,I am very thankful alfie for the explaination.

I recall that I've seen pics of princess sarah outside Brunei without scarf and wearing a mini Burberry skirt,I think it was at her honeymoon.

I have looked at this thread for the first time, and have a few questions and comments:

Why don't European royals join in the Brunei celebrations like the King of Thailand?!

Is princess Sarah supposedly happily married? She looks very pensive.

The Queen doesn't look too happy standing to his second wife? What was her relationship with his other wife who the sultan divorced?

The King of Thailand was celebrating the 60th anniversary of his ascension to the throne. The Sultan, on the other hand, eventhough he turned 60 this year, has these lavish birthday bashes every year. Aside from Princess Basma of Jordan, who is a friend of the family, foreign royals dont usually attend the annual birthday celebrations (there are few exceptions ofcourse, I believe Prince Charles attended the Sultan's 50th birthday festivities).
The Sultan marks the 40th anniversary of his ascension to the throne next year, perhaps there will be more foreign royals invited then.

Humera said:
The King of Thailand was celebrating the 60th anniversary of his ascension to the throne. The Sultan, on the other hand, eventhough he turned 60 this year, has these lavish birthday bashes every year. Aside from Princess Basma of Jordan, who is a friend of the family, foreign royals dont usually attend the annual birthday celebrations (there are few exceptions ofcourse, I believe Prince Charles attended the Sultan's 50th birthday festivities).
The Sultan marks the 40th anniversary of his ascension to the throne next year, perhaps there will be more foreign royals invited then.

hello all,

any special anniversary ceremony for the upcomine birthday of HM on July 15, 2007? will there be foreign royals attending this time? how many invites?

July 15, 2007 - Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah turns 61 today

1. The ceremonial Guard of Honour parade this morning:
Image Gallery - Click Here

2. The audience and investiture ceremony at the Nurul Iman Palace this morning:

The Sultan arrives at the Throne Hall with Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz: Image Gallery - Click Here

Crown Prince Billah arrives at the ceremony with his wife Princess Sarah looking lovely in shocking pink: Image Gallery - Click Here

Prince Azim and the husband of Princess Basma of Jordan, followed by Prince Abdul Malik and Prince Abdul Mateen, Princess Rashidah and Princess Basma, Princess Majeedah and Prince Mutawakkilah

Prince Muhammad and Princess Zariah (behind them is Prince Sufri and his wife Faizah)

Members of the royal family arriving at the ceremony:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz listen as Sultan Bolkiah delivers his birthday speech: Image Gallery - Click Here

The Sultan, Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz during the ceremony: Image Gallery - Click Here

Members of the royal family and guests during the ceremony: Image Gallery - Click Here

3. The Sultan and Queen Saleha greet guests and well-wishers at the Nurul Iman Palace:

Princess Basma of Jordan and her husband: Image Gallery - Click Here

other guests: Image Gallery - Click Here

Last edited:
What a lovely pictures!!!! Thanks Humera.
Sarah looks really pretty and the princes look great on their military attire.
I also surprise on how Prince Mateen has grown up (I've just realize how tall he is:)) He's not a little prince anymore.

HM's Birthday Celebration in Belait District

Greetings from Brunei and from oil town Seria,

I'm a professional photographer in Brunei and this is my first post responding to enquiries I came across for photographs of the recent and on-going 61st Birthday Celebrations. His Majesty visited the Belait District where I live for a spectacular event held at the Jubilee Park (Taman Jubli) and I have a gallery to share.

BRUNEI SULTAN’S 61st BIRTHDAY. A CELEBRATION OF VIBRANCE. « A Moment Lived. A Journey Shared.

HM Birthday Kuala Belait Celebrations © Jan Shim Photography

Back
Top Bottom