The Sultan's Birthday: 2006-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRHAmy said:
I agree. I didn't even know the Sultan had a second wife, is she new? I haven't seen her before in public engagements such as these. I know having a second wife is accepted there but it seems like Queen Saleha didn't look too happy in those pictures, but I don't know what she is thinking so I can't speculate any further on it.

Is there any information or thread started on his second wife?

He married her almost a year ago and she just had their first child, a son. I believe, that was when she was elevated to the title of 'princess', after the baby was born. There is a thread about her already around here.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to insult anyone here, but I don't see the point of having more than one wife. If I was a first wife, I'd be severely unhappy if my husband married again.

Isn't the president of the Philippines short? :D She's less than 5 feet tall, I think. I like her; she's got spunk and tenacity. Even at her height, she can hold her own with other heads of state. But I'm from the Philippines, so I could be partial! :p

Last edited:
Alfie, who is the lady sitting before HRH Nor'ichsani in Majelis Persantapan Bagi Pegawai Brunei Form, is she Amal Jeffria or Amal Nasibah ? If you don't mind I'll ask you : Are you in Ring 1, 2 or 3 because you know all the details, suppose you don't want to answer this question it's ok and thank you. Maybe someday we will "copy darat" !

I just loved the way Princess Basma of Jordan looked. I had never seen her before in a tiara. Just beautiful.

yeah, i was also about to ask where are datin faezah and prince sufri. i really wanted to see how datin faezah looked like because she's always looked gorgeous.

It seems Im not the only one who missed seeing the elegant Datin Faezah at the birthday festivities. I haven't seen any pictures of her in months and was looking forward to her appearance at the Sultan's birthday celebrations.

Fireworks at the birthday banquet (Infofoto)

A few articles on the birthday:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Payrise in His Majesty's Service [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam yesterday gave a special birthday gift, announcing an accelerated increment to the salaries of government servants. Borneo Bulletin

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Birthday bonanza from His Majesty [/FONT]
Government servants especially of lower rank were treated to a special thank you gift by His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam when the benevolent ruler announced a special increment in their salaries, yesterday.

"I am grateful to note that government revenue and financial standing have improved lately. As an expression of gratitude for the contributions made by the public service, especially those at mid and lower levels, I happily announce the issuing of a special pay rise in the form of accelerated increment specifically for this year only. "For those who are currently in government service details of their salary increase will be announced though the Prime Minister's Office circular. For staff in Division Four and Five, their living cost allowance will also be increased. For those on a daily pay rate, I wish to announce that their annual increment is set to increase to a more appropriate level," Borneo Bulletin

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]60th Birthday banquet [/FONT]
blank.gif

Article: Borneo Bulletin
Pictures: (Borneo Bulletin)

Attachments

• 16pic30.jpg
    16pic30.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 739
  • 16pic31.jpg
    16pic31.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • 16pic32.jpg
    16pic32.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 784
  • 16pic33.jpg
    16pic33.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 814
  • 16pic26.jpg
    16pic26.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 678
  • 16pic28.jpg
    16pic28.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 816
  • 16pic29.jpg
    16pic29.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 782
  • 16pic27.jpg
    16pic27.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 846
HRHAmy said:
I agree. I didn't even know the Sultan had a second wife, is she new? I haven't seen her before in public engagements such as these. I know having a second wife is accepted there but it seems like Queen Saleha didn't look too happy in those pictures, but I don't know what she is thinking so I can't speculate any further on it.

Is there any information or thread started on his second wife?

Since her wedding almost a year ago, Azrinaz Mazhar has appeared at many public engagements (with the Sultan and/or Queen Saleha), both at home and abroad and up until a couple of weeks before she gave birth to her son. The Sultan's birthday was her first public appearance since giving birth in June.
You can find pictures in the various news threads for the Sultan, the Royal Family of Brunei, and ofcourse in the HRH Princess Azrinaz thread.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Tutong's tribute to His Majesty [/FONT]

Thousands thronged the field of the Tutong Community Complex to greet His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam as the district came alive in resplendent colours for the Get-Together Ceremony in conjunction with His Majesty's 60th birthday.

Hundreds of school children from the district were out in force lining up along the roads to greet His Majesty and members of the royal family.
Yesterday's get-together was the first for His Majesty in a series of events with people from all four districts.

His Majesty arrived at the helipad near the official residence of the Tutong District Officer and was greeted upon arrival by Pehin Dato Awang Hj Adanan, Minister of Home Affairs; Pehin Dato Awang Haji Dani, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs; Permanent Secretaries at the Ministry of Home Affairs; and Tutong District Officer, Awang Abdul Mutalib bin Haji Mohd Idris.

Accompanying His Majesty to the event were His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, HRH Prince Abdul Azim, HRH Prince Abdul Malik and HRH Prince Abdul Mateen. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan greeted by Tutong well-wishers [/FONT]
Thousands of loyal subjects flocked to the field of Tutong District's Community Hall Complex to extend their sincerest birthday wishes to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto and Borneo Bulletin

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal b'day banquet for uniformed personnel [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam last night hosted a royal banquet in conjunction with the monarch's 60th birthday at the Istana Nurul Iman, which was attended by all uniformed personnel.

Also present were Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha, Her Royal Highness Pg Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar, His Royal Highness Prince Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah, His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah and Her Royal Highness Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah as well as other members of the royal Family. Borneo Bulletin

I love the first picture, Princess Sarah has such an adorable smile; quite a few laughs being shared in some of the other pictures as well.

Pictures from Infofoto

More pictures from last night's banquet for uniformed personnel (Infofoto)

Attachments

• 5H SAHRIN 006.jpg
    5H SAHRIN 006.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 5MASRI_015.jpg
    5MASRI_015.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 5MASRI_024.jpg
    5MASRI_024.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 254
Question (maybe it was posted before): why Sarah doesn't wore her tiara when the Sultan's wives wore?
Thank you all or those photos:)

How nice pics! I always loved Brunei Royalty photos. They party offered to the Sultan was just lavish. And the Brunei women dresses and hijabs more wonderful than ever.

Vanesa.

Samirah Abdullah said:
Alfie, who is the lady sitting before HRH Nor'ichsani in Majelis Persantapan Bagi Pegawai Brunei Form, is she Amal Jeffria or Amal Nasibah ? If you don't mind I'll ask you : Are you in Ring 1, 2 or 3 because you know all the details, suppose you don't want to answer this question it's ok and thank you. Maybe someday we will "copy darat" !

Princess Masna is sitting next to her. As the photo shows here.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,485
prince mateen always looks serious in pictures. i don't see pictures of him smiling, unlike prince malik or the CP.

i love the pic that humera posted wherein the raja isteri, cp and sultan are all looking at azrinaz and smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
i_s_s_a said:
i love the pic that humera posted wherein the raja isteri, cp and sultan are all looking at azrinaz and smiling.

Well I like that one too. I just imagined that the three of them just laughed at Azrinaz funny joke.

Please, can some of you tell me who this ladies are?

Thank you very much!

Daniela

Is this perhaps one of Sultan's brothers and his wife?

Daniela

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i cant wait for next year's celebrations!! and his coronation anniversary.

Daniela said:

the two ladies in the front are the Sultan's sisters, Princess Umi Kalsum and Princess Masna. I've forgotten the name of the elder lady in the glasses. Perhaps someone else could help

Yes that's Prince Muhammad, the Sultan's brother in the middle, and next to him is his wife Princess Zariah, who is also Queen Saleha's sister.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Temburong greets Sultan [/FONT]
In a fabulous show of unison, residents of Temburong District yesterday displayed their adoration and undivided loyalty towards His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.

Thousands of citizens and residents took to the field of Pekan Bangar Community Hall Complex to pay tribute to their beloved ruler.
His Majesty arrived in Pekan Bangar by helicopter and was greeted on arrival by Minister of Home Affairs, Pehin Dato Awg Haji Adanan, his Deputy, Pehin Dato Haji Dani, the Ministry's Permanent Secretaries and Temburong District Officer, Pg Abd Haris bin Pg Hj Shabudin. More than 2,000 school children wearing different ethnic costumes lined up the road towards the complex waving flags to welcome the monarch. Borneo Bulletin

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan visits Temburong Cultural Exhibition [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam received a warm welcome from residents of Temburong during the monarch's visit to the Cultural Exhibition held at the District Community Hall in Belalong, Temburong yesterday.
Accompanying His Majesty were His Royal Highness Prince Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Azim, His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Malik and His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Mateen. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

Attachments

• 2MASRI_025.jpg
    2MASRI_025.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 3MASRI_030.jpg
    3MASRI_030.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 346
  • 3MASRI_028.jpg
    3MASRI_028.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 424
  • 3BAHAR_03.jpg
    3BAHAR_03.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela

the two ladies in the front are the Sultan's sisters, Princess Umi Kalsum and Princess Masna. I've forgotten the name of the elder lady in the glasses. Perhaps someone else could help

Quote:

Yes that's Prince Muhammad, the Sultan's brother in the middle, and next to him is his wife Princess Zariah, who is also Queen Saleha's sister.

Thanks Humera!

Daniela

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]KB's right royal tribute [/FONT]

Thousands of people made a spectacular scene in their festive best at the Padang Bandaran Kuala Belait yesterday morning to pay tribute to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam who visited them in conjunction with the 60th Royal Birthday Celebrations. Belait was the third district to host the get-together ceremony with His Majesty.
Hundreds of school children waved flags along Jalan Maulana welcoming His Majesty and members of the royal family, as they arrived at the Padang. Brunei Online

Pictures from Infofoto

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Diplomatic corps banquet for Sultan [/FONT]
Heads of the Diplomatic Missions presented His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam last night with a cake and a birthday song, when he consented to attend a banquet they hosted in honour of His Majesty's 60th birthday at the Royal Berkshire Hall, Jerudong Park Country Club.Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

More pictures from the banquet (Infofoto)

Attachments

• 3HMYUSOF 024_DSC_1430.jpg
    3HMYUSOF 024_DSC_1430.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 3HMYUSOF 026_DSC_1436.jpg
    3HMYUSOF 026_DSC_1436.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 201
  • 3HMYUSOF 027_DSC_1434.jpg
    3HMYUSOF 027_DSC_1434.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 167
Some more pictures from the diplomatic corps banquet (Infofoto)

Attachments

• ABDULLAH_06.jpg
    ABDULLAH_06.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 320
  • ABDULLAH_07.jpg
    ABDULLAH_07.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 441
  • ABDULLAH_08.jpg
    ABDULLAH_08.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 559
  • ABDULLAH_09.jpg
    ABDULLAH_09.jpg