The Sultan's Birthday: 2006-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
michelleq said:
Also, is it me or does the second wife not look too happy?
Maybe it was awkward for her to be in the same room with and walking next to the other wife.

planetcher said:
What's Princess Sarah's nationality?

I believe that she is half Swiss and Half Brunei (forgive me if I named the nationality wrong).

Last edited:
Sarah - Swiss/Malay Mix aka Eurasian

michelleq said:
I believe that she is half Swiss and Half Brunei (forgive me if I named the nationality wrong).

Sarah's mother is Swiss and her father is Malay making Sarah of Eurasian race.

Is there any picture of any foreign royal guest?
Also anyone know about those military uniform that HM and the princes wear? example what unit they represent and what their rank in the unit? Thanks alot!!! :)

michelleq said:
Is the lady dressed in red and walking with His Majesty in front of his wives the President of the Phillippines?

No, she is the president of the philippines herself.

Mind me asking, but during the royal banquet, the pictures shows that they are standing up. even the sultan. what are they waiting for? vips to sit? national anthem?

michelleq said:
Also, is it me or does the second wife not look too happy?

This is all new for the second wife and she has only recently given birth, quite a lot going on for her in recent months ;)

Here are some links of pictures where the second wife has a bit of a different expression, aka looks happy:
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=14329
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=13153
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=13180

There is a complete gallery of the celebrations and events where you can view all the photos at the infofoto link.

Saba said:
This is all new for the second wife and she has only recently given birth, quite a lot going on for her in recent months ;)

Here are some links of pictures where the second wife has a bit of a different expression, aka looks happy:
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=14329
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=13153
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=13180

There is a complete gallery of the celebrations and events where you can view all the photos at the infofoto link.

And maybe also she is feeling more than a bit nervous. Everything is new for her. Sitting on the throne, wearing a crown, attending a grand and official function. We should remember that she is just a common woman from Malaysia and not even born royal. So all this must be overwhelming to her.

Does anyone know the role of the old wife vis a vis the new wife/wives? And what is the Sultan's relationship to each of the wives? Do they all get along?

spoiltbrat99 said:
And maybe also she is feeling more than a bit nervous. Everything is new for her. Sitting on the throne, wearing a crown, attending a grand and official function. We should remember that she is just a common woman from Malaysia and not even born royal. So all this must be overwhelming to her.

That is a valid point that I did not take into consideration. (Duh) She very well could be nervous and/or overwhelmed.

This is the beauty of this board and others like it; different views of the same subject matter. I learn so much!

Thanks!

happy brithday to the sultan i hope he will have a very nice time, where

The King second wife look a little bit ausent,like out of the place...:eek:

Humera,
Thank you for answering my question. With the Brunei titles, it can get a little confusing and I always like to get to know new things about different royal families.
Thanks again,
Linda 85

Princess Basma looked really wonderful at the banquet. (see pictures posted by venus_samotracia on the last two pages)
I've noticed that Azrinaz seems to prefer pastels and paler shades. I love the outfits she wore, they're dazzling yet tasteful, same goes for her jewels and expecially her tiara.
Ofcourse its very likely that she's required to dress according to her rank and precedence, no one can be expected to outshine the wonderful Queen Saleha in brilliance. Still Azrinaz shows good taste.
I do agree with some posters that she looks a bit out of place in some of the pictures. It is quite natural I think, given the fact that she's not used to these types of gatherings. Its probably her first time meeting guests that the Sultan and Queen Saleha have known for years.

Some more pictures from last night's banquet (Infofoto)

linda85 said:
Humera,
Thank you for answering my question. With the Brunei titles, it can get a little confusing and I always like to get to know new things about different royal families.
Thanks again,
Linda 85

No problem Linda. It was very confusing for me at first as well but you eventually get used to it as you learn more about lesser known royal families, thats the beauty of this forum.

More pictures from the banquet (infofoto)

Pictures from the breakfast this morning (Infofoto)

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Breakfast with His Majesty [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam consented to have breakfast with four Asean leaders - Philippines President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Thailand's Premier Thaksin Shinawatra and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen - at the Li Gong Restaurant, Empire Hotel and Country Club. Borneo Bulletin

Last edited:
I have to confess that i don't now a lot of this famely but i have to say that the king look a very ansemen men, i just stnnig with the jewels!

Did anyone notice that one of HM's brother : Pengiran Sufri and his wife Datin Faezah is nowhere to be seen in this occassion? Why ???

What's the name of the Sultan's son who was on "Being Bobby Brown"?

azrinaz look very slim after giving birth....

Like the way Azrinaz cover her head...goes well with the tiara...very modern and look like a bridal veil. But she looks very mature with the hairstyle.

Why didn't the rest of the royal ladies wear tiara..will love to see Princess Sarah with her tiara.

planetcher said:
Maybe it was awkward for her to be in the same room with and walking next to the other wife.

I agree. I didn't even know the Sultan had a second wife, is she new? I haven't seen her before in public engagements such as these. I know having a second wife is accepted there but it seems like Queen Saleha didn't look too happy in those pictures, but I don't know what she is thinking so I can't speculate any further on it.

Is there any information or thread started on his second wife?

More pictures :) (From Bruno Press):

All the tiaras are magnificent! :eek: ;)

Attachments

• Brunei.jpg
    Brunei.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 505
  • Brunei 3.jpg
    Brunei 3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Brunei 4.jpg
    Brunei 4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Brunei 5.jpg
    Brunei 5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,237
  • Brunei 6.jpg
    Brunei 6.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 609
  • Brunei 7.jpg
    Brunei 7.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 521
  • Brunei 8.jpg
    Brunei 8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 532
  • Brunei 9.jpg
    Brunei 9.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 957
Last edited by a moderator:
Chad said:
PI Azrinaz looks put on weigth

Because she's just had a baby. Found interesting website and articles at this link.

http://www.theswanker.com/macammacam/2005/08/wedding_bells_f.html#comments

Back
Top Bottom