Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
someone from RF who is a brunei citizen said that it was originally Queen`s family who owned the country. she said that she learned from the text book of brunei history at school. :)

Of course the history text book got tell you how many Sultan. We have to learn all about the history in Brunei. We have to learn by hard all the Sultan's name.

julial said:
someone from RF who is a brunei citizen said that it was originally Queen`s family who owned the country. she said that she learned from the text book of brunei history at school. :)

Queen Saleha's father never was Sultan :p Someone's got their facts mixed up.

I believe it was our Sultan's uncle - Ahmad Tajuddin - who was the Sultan without any sons. He only had daughters (Princess Nor Ehsani, who is the little old lady wearing glasses often accompaying Raja Isteri Saleha, and the lady royals at functions). Princess Nor Ehsani would have been the Ruler, if law allowed women to rule. Since not, the throne went to Begawan (our Sultan's late father). And then from Begawan to Hassanal Bolkiah, our current Sultan.

I read somewhere that the Queen and the Sultan are related e.g. distant cousins. Can anyone confirm?

altagrace said:
I read somewhere that the Queen and the Sultan are related e.g. distant cousins. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. They are first cousins. The Sultan's late mother and the Queen's late father were siblings if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know why the rest of 3 youngest sisters of Sultan never joint the function ? Their names are 1. Amal Nasibah, 2. Amal Jefriah and the other I forgot her name. Only P. Masnah, P. Noraini and P Amal Umi Kalsum who are attended the function even with Sultan or Q. Saleha. Why the rest of 3. Please explain to me ?

Zina said:
Queen Saleha's father never was Sultan :p Someone's got their facts mixed up.

I believe it was our Sultan's uncle - Ahmad Tajuddin - who was the Sultan without any sons. He only had daughters (Princess Nor Ehsani, who is the little old lady wearing glasses often accompaying Raja Isteri Saleha, and the lady royals at functions). Princess Nor Ehsani would have been the Ruler, if law allowed women to rule. Since not, the throne went to Begawan (our Sultan's late father). And then from Begawan to Hassanal Bolkiah, our current Sultan.

I know the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin wife and Princess Nor Ehsani's mother very well. She was a princess from Selangor Malaysia and she died in 1993 due of kidney cancer at the edge of 82years and was buried at the royal Selangor Mausoleum in Klang/Selangor/Malaysia. She was the favourite aunt of the late Sultan Selangor Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah and very well liked and loved by her family in Malaysia. But I guess the Bruneian never really get to know her that well especially the current generation.

spoiltbrat99 said:
I know the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin wife and Princess Nor Ehsani's mother very well. She was a princess from Selangor Malaysia and she died in 1993 due of kidney cancer at the edge of 82years and was buried at the royal Selangor Mausoleum in Klang/Selangor/Malaysia. She was the favourite aunt of the late Sultan Selangor Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah and very well liked and loved by her family in Malaysia. But I guess the Bruneian never really get to know her that well especially the current generation.

If I'm not mistaken the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin also had 3 other daughters from a different wife (Bruneian but was not made official wife). There are also called princesses but are not in the lime light like Princess Nor Ehsani (I guess maybe because they are not 'gehara' meaning their mom was not from a royal blood or was not the Queen, or something like that).
It's interesting to know the royal family history. Since Brunei is so small, no wonder everyone is almost always related to one of the royals...:)

Alfie, do you know Azrinas lives, the question is she stays in the same palace with the Queen or different ? I heard there was "Selamatan 40 hari" for Azrinas in Nurul Iman palace, it was true ?

Samirah Abdullah said:
Alfie, do you know Azrinas lives, the question is she stays in the same palace with the Queen or different ? I heard there was "Selamatan 40 hari" for Azrinas in Nurul Iman palace, it was true ?

Yes! she lives in Istana Nurul Iman. The same palace as the Queen. Different floors. The palace is huge, so they are unlikely to bump into each other everyday.
Yes! "40 days" was held yesterday afternoon at Istana Nurul Iman.

The biggest event is coming up this saturday 15th July 2006. The Sultan's 60th birthday.

Ya... Allah I feel sorry a 1000 X to my dearest Queen Saleha how HM puts her in the same palace even the palace is very huge !!! When Mariam still His wife, she stays in different palace/Nurul Izza. Alfie did you see at Princess Radiah wed the body language between Queen and HM and now I known much why the Queen no talk to Him in the public again. We can see QS and HM in Thailand last month no smile or talk both of Them. HM daughter Princess Mutawakila more older then Azrinas can you imagine how QS feels as a mother !!!!! I thought after He divorces Mariam it's finish/final e...e...e... looking for more younger from His daughters from QS.

Samirah Abdullah said:
Ya... Allah I feel sorry a 1000 X to my dearest Queen Saleha how HM puts her in the same palace even the palace is very huge !!! When Mariam still His wife, she stays in different palace/Nurul Izza. Alfie did you see at Princess Radiah wed the body language between Queen and HM and now I known much why the Queen no talk to Him in the public again. We can see QS and HM in Thailand last month no smile or talk both of Them. HM daughter Princess Mutawakila more older then Azrinas can you imagine how QS feels as a mother !!!!! I thought after He divorces Mariam it's finish/final e...e...e... looking for more younger from His daughters from QS.

Well, I guess we shouldn't assume what's happening between the King and Queen. I believe the Queen has more dignity than what we thought. She is born as a though Queen, so I believe she handles it well. We shouldn't speculate this and that when they "didn't talk to each other" (which I don't know how true that is).

Legal battle for the Sultan of Brunei & 3 Aussie investors

I thought you might be interested to read this article about the Sultan of Brunei being taken to court over a payment he did not make for a small 400 year old of koran present for his new wife.

"The sultan, his bride, the $10m relic and an unholy legal battle"

July 23, 2006

THREE Sydney investors have launched legal action against one of the world's richest men, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei, claiming he refused to pay for a wedding present for his second bride.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...d-the-10m-relic/2006/07/22/1153166632186.html

This story doesn't gel. Allegedly three businessmen had discussions with the office of the Sultan about the Sultan buying an artefact worth "A$10 million" (It was A$8 million in another paper). Negotiations did not proceed, and the businessmen are claiming they intend to sue. Sue over what? There is no mention of a signed contract, so there is no legal obligation.

The story gets fishier with the involvement of a "KGB colonel" and "cloak and dagger meetings", and now the businessmen reportedly say they "might" give the artefact to a local Sydney mosque, or give it to the Sultan anyway.

Here's an official statement:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]PM's Office denies purchase of antique Quran [/FONT]
The Prime Minister's Office yesterday issued a statement to clarify recent reports published in several foreign newspapers on an alleged agreement for the purchase of an antique miniature Quran involving His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.
Borneo Bulletin

Question

Hello,
What is the name of His MAjesty's mother? how come it is not printed in His majesty's biography?

Brunei Abode Of Peace And Kind!

Just dropping by just to say that most of the locals in Brunei has a lot of misconception about His Majesty, HM is a good man, generous really generous! During Ramadhan HM will give Saudi Arabian dates to his people for FREE! What the people want from HM he will give it for FREE. And I checked some website that HM is still the WORLD'S richest man but HM wanted to keep a LOW profile....whatnot GOD BLEES you Majesty...Amin...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really know about The Sultan but I like the way He keep in touch with His people like He did on Ramadhan and Hari Raya. In some countries, it's hard for the people to see their King or Queen, but Bruneian Royals made it possible.

WOW! it's gold everywhere!

A380

there is a rumour going abt the Sultan gonna buy the new A380 plane for personal use... any idea?:ROFLMAO:

I heard that also, on an airline forum. Someone has looked into it--he would be a good candidate. The better question though is will the plane ever be produced--there have been a slew of production issues.

Sultan of Brunei's Private Airplane

This Airbus 340 aircraft was "remodeled" in Waco . Yes, the sinks are solid gold and one of them is Lalique crystal. The Sultan bought the aircraft for roughly $100M; had it flown to Waco, brand-new, had the interior completely removed; and had the folks at E-Systems (now Raytheon) install $120M worth of improvements inside and outside.

http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/o.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/2.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/1.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/3.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/41.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/5.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/6.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/8.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/7.JPG
http://gallery.techarena.in/data/519/medium/9.JPG

Last edited:
wow! If this is what the airplane looks like, what more their bedrooms/rooms at the palace?

His Majesty the Sultan is in the official visit to Cambodia. Here's some picture,

Arrival in Cambodia,

RAFEE_06

RAFEE_02

The official welcoming ceremony in the Palace

RAFEE_04

RAFEE_34

RAFEE_36

RAFEE_17

The exchange gifts ceremony

RAFEE_20

RAFEE_21

Sultan Brunei meets King Sihamoni in the Throne Room

RAFEE_22

RAFEE_25

His Majesty leaving the Palace

RAFEE_32

His Majesty pay visit to the monument of independence

MASRI_006

The State Banquet hosted by the King of Cambodia

RAFEE_01

RAFEE_04

RAFEE_06

MASRI_003

MASRI_013

MASRI_011

Why he goes now alone? Whay does he bring both of his wives ? Anyone knows ?

Cantik said:
Why he goes now alone? Whay does he bring both of his wives ? Anyone knows ?

As far as I know, His Majesty doesn't always take his wives with him especially if he goes abroad. Sometimes he takes one of them to accompany him, or just goes alone.
Her Majesty Raja Isteri used to accompany him to Thailand but I'm not sure about Azrina.
His Majesty also used to take Azrina with him to Malaysia and Her Majesty Raja Isteri remained in Brunei.
I didn't know if both wives used to go abroad together at the same time, to the same event.

Queen Saleha and Azrinaz did accompany the Sultan abroad a while back. I cant be too sure of the event but I think it might've been in Malaysia. The Sultan was attending a conference (perhaps for ASEAN?) with other Asian leaders and later on there was a gala at which he was accompanied by both his wives.

HM the Sultan, HM Raja Isteri and HRH Pengiran Isteri is in London right now after attending HRH Princess Mutawakillah's Bar ceremony.

There will be a meet and greet session with all Bruneian residents in the UK this Sunday, 2nd December 2007, at Hotel Intercontinental, London.

Back
Top Bottom