Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pics from ANP

Attachments

• 2647956.jpg
    2647956.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7,099
  • 2649720.jpg
    2649720.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3,066
Citizen2005 said:
Men are allowed to marry four...the thing is it is only during specific circumstances such as as in war time when there are more widows and children. and I do NOT see the sultan's reason for marrying a TWICE younger (and more) girl except to satisfy his pleasure......

Of course, he is not the only and not first one who did it BUT......:rolleyes:

This is when money prevails over ethics...:cool:

Exactly!;) It's very unfortunate that the one who suffers is his own family.You would think that would make a difference?!:(

BOLK said:
Hi Dang Ayah .... I've been waiting for you to post, now you know what I'm talking in previous thred right ???? actually at that time, I dare not mentioned that it's Sultan who wants to marry cos nothing official, and he's the king ....... totally not proper, but leave that alone.....
..... what me and Humera concerns is the Queen, how is she taking this ???

So he actually carried on with the marriage. I too knew of this marriage but it was a very critical topic at the royal household that nobody was allowed to talk about it i.e. ppl working at Istana Nurul Iman.
Well the Queen of course was not happy about it. This has happened twice now. But she has been coping well with the help of her children & family. What I've heard that they are trying to come to an agreement is that the 2nd wife will play an unofficial role as 2nd wife. They do not want to repeat the same mistake as the ex-2nd wife. We will see if this agreement will work out.
Btw I guess I can tell you all now that the marriage of the Sultan has came out that the expected marriage of Princesss Majeedah & Prince Qawi is not going to be held now. He was seen out with a few women in public..The rest I'll leave it to you all to figure out.

do you mean alfie that when Princess Mariam had an official role as second wife people werent happy about it?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
do you mean alfie that when Princess Mariam had an official role as second wife people werent happy about it?

Yes! definitely Humera. Especially the Royal Family.

Can someone shed light on what happen with the ex-2nd wife that led to the divorce?

another pic

Attachments

• n_27azrinaz.jpg
    n_27azrinaz.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,554
Eliza said:
Can someone shed light on what happen with the ex-2nd wife that led to the divorce?
I don't think a reason was given. He just announced it. Rumors were going around that they were seperated, she was stripped of all of her titles.

If you go through the Bruneian media, you'd never think the sultan had just married. This story's obviously being kept out of the press because the sultan wants it that way.
Im guessing his new wife will live at the royal palace?

Eliza said:

i think one of our more informed members might be able to answer your question better. But I've been told it was because people in the government and royal court weren't happy with it. Some people werent happy that the Princess Mariam had an official role. Im also assuming that people were very attached to Queen Saleha. Im sure they're taking her side again now with this latest marriage.

Dang Ayah said:
Yes, as soon as the news reached my ears I remembered about your question before!
Now, it isn't a wonder why the Sultan has somewhat of a difference in his smile lately when I see him in the news. HAH!

I know this is not the right thread but I just wanna tell u guys that Princess Sarah is according to a source in her school looking a bit chubbier now. Hehe, and I read in a message she posted to a mutual friend that she "still want food!"... I'm not implying anything here... just wanna share that she loves food so much now! LOL

Hi Dang Ayah,

Inferring from your message above, it would be great if Sarah is what we think she is . Was just wondering what and where was the message posted in that Sarah's said about her craving for more food? .

Hmm about the Sultan marrying again, that is really a bolt from the blue . :eek: Hope this tendency to marry more than one does not run in the family.

ohh...

alfie said:
So he actually carried on with the marriage. I too knew of this marriage but it was a very critical topic at the royal household that nobody was allowed to talk about it i.e. ppl working at Istana Nurul Iman.
Well the Queen of course was not happy about it. This has happened twice now. But she has been coping well with the help of her children & family. What I've heard that they are trying to come to an agreement is that the 2nd wife will play an unofficial role as 2nd wife. They do not want to repeat the same mistake as the ex-2nd wife. We will see if this agreement will work out.
Btw I guess I can tell you all now that the marriage of the Sultan has came out that the expected marriage of Princesss Majeedah & Prince Qawi is not going to be held now. He was seen out with a few women in public..The rest I'll leave it to you all to figure out.

Qawi seen in public with a few women.. hmm.. haven't heard that one before, wonder who they are ...

Qawi and HM Marriage

Qawi is a renowned playboy , isn't he? I've heard he has quite a few girlfriends, but nobody special.

As for the Sultan's new wife, she's not particularly pretty. Wonder what drew him to her? Most royal men only go for the prettiest ladies. At 26, she's younger than many of the Sultan's kids!

Personally, I think that the decision not to announce it in our local media is only going to turn the people against the marriage, even more. Many people never liked ex wife Hjh Mariam and this lady isn't even Bruneian, but Malaysian!

I was looking forward to the marriage of Princess Majeedah. I hope she'll marry someone she really loves. It seems to me that both her and Qawi weren't really willing to marry each other in the first place.

sigh...

Zina said:
Qawi is a renowned playboy , isn't he? I've heard he has quite a few girlfriends, but nobody special.

As for the Sultan's new wife, she's not particularly pretty. Wonder what drew him to her? Most royal men only go for the prettiest ladies. At 26, she's younger than many of the Sultan's kids!

Personally, I think that the decision not to announce it in our local media is only going to turn the people against the marriage, even more. Many people never liked ex wife Hjh Mariam and this lady isn't even Bruneian, but Malaysian!

I'm sure Bruneians aren't very happy bout the wedding, and I can bet that they do feel betrayed.

Bout Qawi, I heard that too.. still wondering who they are, and if he would ever end up with one of them..

Royal Wedding

Brunei Sultan weds ex-journalist - newspaper

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - The ruler of the oil-rich sultanate of Brunei has married a former journalist with a Malaysian television news station, the New Sunday Times newspaper reported on Sunday.

The private wedding ceremony of 58-year old Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and 26-year old Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim in the Malaysian capital on Saturday night contrasted sharply with previous celebrations involving members of the Brunei royal family
Full article

Brunei Sultan weds Azrinaz
Raja Nurfatimah Mawar Mohamed

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 20: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei married former TV3 newscaster Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim at a private ceremony here last night. One of the invited guests said the ceremony, held at 8.30pm, was attended by family members, relatives and close friends of the couple.
Full article with photos

Thanks for posting the article. After reading it I thought good for them. My only Question is did he divorce Sultana Saleha, how do his other family members percieve the marriage?:)

Idriel said:
Brunei Sultan weds ex-journalist - newspaper

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - The ruler of the oil-rich sultanate of Brunei has married a former journalist with a Malaysian television news station, the New Sunday Times newspaper reported on Sunday.

The private wedding ceremony of 58-year old Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and 26-year old Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim in the Malaysian capital on Saturday night contrasted sharply with previous celebrations involving members of the Brunei royal family
Full article

Brunei Sultan weds Azrinaz
Raja Nurfatimah Mawar Mohamed

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 20: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei married former TV3 newscaster Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim at a private ceremony here last night. One of the invited guests said the ceremony, held at 8.30pm, was attended by family members, relatives and close friends of the couple.
Full article with photos

Roshanah said:
Thanks for posting the article. After reading it I thought good for them. My only Question is did he divorce Sultana Saleha, how do his other family members percieve the marriage?:)

He hasn't divorced Queen Saleha. He is allowed to marry up to 4 women. No comment so far from his family about his new wife. Also no news about the role she will have officially.

well if you read all the comments from the members from the region on the last two pages and in the Queen Saleha thread, its obvious the royal family and Bruneians in general, aren't very happy about this. Especially Queen Saleha. Divorcing her is out of the question. Why would he divorce the woman who has been his wife and dutiful consort for decades, is the mother of 6 of his kids, including the Crown Prince, for this 26 year old woman? The fact that he doesnt even want the marriage to be announced in the Bruneian media shows that he wants to keep it as low key as possible. Without any apparent disruptions to the day-to-day function of the royal family.

This sounds fishy to me. One wife for duty and another for pleasure...sounds too much for me.

Yeah I think this is the case here.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
This sounds fishy to me. One wife for duty and another for pleasure...sounds too much for me.

Thanks Moonlightrapsody! I knew about His being able to have Four Wives but the only things Is that I thought that He was content with having two Wives. Now it seems I was wrong he he. As regards his family members, no news menas good news as far as I look at it.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
He hasn't divorced Queen Saleha. He is allowed to marry up to 4 women. No comment so far from his family about his new wife. Also no news about the role she will have officially.

Sultan's Office Denies Malaysian Press Report

Bandar Seri Begawan - The Office of the Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty the' Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has denied the truth of the content of an article that appeared in the Malaysian newspaper "Berita Harian" yesterday.

In a press statement yesterday, the Office of the Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam stated:

`By command of His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the Office of the Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam wishes to deny the truth of the content of the article titled `Majlis Perkahwinan di Brunei bulan depan' which appeared in the Malaysian newspaper 'Berita Harian' on 24 August 2005."

The Berita Harian article that appeared yesterday mentioned about the wedding ceremony expected to take place next month.

The press release also stated: "The Office of the Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam confirmed that His Majesty Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin-Waddaulah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam conducted 'pernikahan' with Puan Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Saturday 16 Rejab 1426/20 August 2005." -- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

BOLK said:
found old picture of his new wife

hmm...Can't help but notice that this new second wife does resemble the Queen Saleha of her younger days.

BOLK said:
Sultan's Office Denies Malaysian Press Report

im not sure I understand. Does that mean there will be no official wedding celebration?

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1838882005

Sultan weds Malaysian TV presenter

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of oil-rich, jungle-covered Brunei has married a former Malaysian TV journalist, making her the second wife of one of the world's richest men.
An announcement on Radio Television Brunei said the wedding between the 59-year-old monarch and 26-year-old Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim was held on Saturday in Kuala Lumpur, the main city in neighbouring Malaysia.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
im not sure I understand. Does that mean there will be no official wedding celebration?
yes, it seems that his office denying the grand ceremony .... how far it's true, we have to wait .....

~*~Humera~*~ said:

As far as I'm concern, there'll be no plans for the official wedding celebration. They just keep it as it is.

Back
Top Bottom