Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HM the Sultan's visit to germany, June 8-10, 2011

HM the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah is on his 3-day official visit to Germany (June 8-10, 2011).

The Sultan was greeted by president Wulff on June 8th.
**Pic** - credits Reuters via daylife

The Sultan met Chancellor Angela Merkel on June 9th.
**Pic** - credits Reuters via daylife

daylife gallery

July 15th 2011: HM the Sultan's 65th birthday

65th Birthday of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
On July 15, 1946, at the Istana Darussalam in Brunei, the eldest son of His Majesty, Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Sa’adul Khairi Waddien, then the Sultan of Brunei, was born.

Commemorative Stamps To Mark Sultan's 65th Birthday | Local News
More about stamps

Celebrations at Brunei Darussalam on July 15th, 2011
Nation greets the ruler

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** **Pic 4** **Pic 5**
More photos

HM attends the Sovereign's Parade

HM the Sultan consented to officiate the Sovereign's Parade Ceremony for the 5th Intake of Officer Cadets at the Parade Square of the RBAF Officer Cadet School in Sungai Akar Camp on July 27th, 2011.
This year, a total of 24 Officer Cadets have successfully completed 42 weeks of military training. [...]
After receiving the Royal Salute, His Majesty inspected the Sovereign Parade that comprised 18 male and 6 female Officer Cadets of the 5th Intake.[...]
The prestigious Sword of Honour bestowed by HM went to 19491 Officer Cadet (U) Awang Muhammad Adib bin Haji Hashim.
The monarch then met the 24 Officer Cadets and their families personally before moving on to sign the Royal Parchment and a 'Book of Journey'. - Source

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** **Pic 4**
**Pic 5** **Pic 6** **Pic 7** **Pic 8** - credits infofoto

HM Queen Saleha consented to grant an audience to the wife of the outgoing Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Germany, Mrs Maria Fernanda Bruns.
The audience took place at the Istana Nurul Iman.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** - credits infofoto

Brunei Sultan Urges to Set Up Islamic Criminal Law

"What else are we waiting for?" His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, posed the question with regard to the establishment of Islamic Criminal Law during a meeting with the Brunei Islamic Religious Council (MUIB), Syariah officials and the Attorney General's Chambers Monday.

Islamic Criminal Law in Brunei: Don't delay | The Jakarta Post

Implement Islamic criminal law now, urges Brunei sultan

China's PM visit to Brunei - November 20, 2011

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao meets with Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah in Bandar Seri Begawan
During their talks, Wen said the China-Brunei relationship is an example of harmonious coexistence and common development between big and small countries.
Since China and Brunei established diplomatic ties 20 years ago, the two countries have respected each other, treated each other as equals and had friendly exchanges, injecting impetus to bilateral ties, Wen said.

daylife gallery

HM the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah has consented to inaugurate a new ship for Brunei Royal Navy on December 12th, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3**
**Pic 4** **Pic 5** - infofoto

Kasumi said:
The newspaper is not sure, it's just speculations.;)

Your right it could be a rumor !!:)

Last edited:
HM the Queen Saleha has granted a private audience to the wife of Brunei Armed Forces generals due to the Armed Forces Day celebrations. The audience was held on January 30th, 2012 at Istana Nurul.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** - infofoto

I like Her Majesty's colourful outfit. And observe the little Princess Ameerah's photo on the table (pic#3). I believe that the Queen loves ex-Princess Azrinaz children like her own ones.

VietNamNet - Brunei, Vietnam look towards strengthening ties | Brunei, Vietnam look towards strengthening ties

Brunei sultan agrees to free fishermen - Social Issues - VietNam News
Sultan of Brunei Haji Hassanal Bolkiah has decided to free nine Vietnamese fishermen, who have been detained for fishing in Brunei's territorial waters since January 20. The decision was made promptly after talks between the Sultan and Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh in Brunei.
During their meeting, the Sultan acknowledged the important achievements of the Vietnamese people in their doi moi (renewal) process and expressed his appreciation for the multi-faceted friendship between the two countries, noting that the two sides needed to enhance co-operation in the coming time for mutual benefit.

Sultan Bolkiah Pilots Own Plane To Philippines

The Sultan of Brunei made a grandiose entrance to the Philippines by piloting his own plane. :cool:

Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, who arrived on Monday afternoon, was seen on the pilot seat of his Airbus 340-212 upon landing. :cool:

Sultan Bolkiah is in the Philippines for his two-day state visit. :flowers:

Last edited:
The sultan of Brunei has rejected foreign criticism of the countries impending introduction of a form of strict Islamic Sharia law, saying it is not a backwards step.
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah said all races should unite under Sharia law and that the new penal code was a 'great achievement' for the small Southeast Asian nation.
Starting in April, Brunei will begin implementing a version of Sharia that allows for penalties such as amputation for theft and stoning for adultery.
Read more: Sultan of Brunei hits back at foreign criticism of Islamic Sharia law | Mail Online

Brunei adopts sharia law amid international outcry - CNN.com
Brunei has become the first East Asian country to adopt sharia law, despite widespread condemnation from international human rights groups.

The Islamic criminal law is set to include punishments such as flogging, dismemberment and death by stoning for crimes such as rape, adultery and sodomy. The religious laws will operate alongside the existing civil penal code.

During a ceremony Wednesday morning, the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, announced the commencement of the first phase of the sharia-based penal code, according to the government's official website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think we will be applying Shria law to his younger brother the extremely wild Prince Jefri, he of the fornicating watches and statuary?

I found on Wikipedia, that queen Saleha died this year in June. Is that true? I can´t find any other source.

I found on Wikipedia, that queen Saleha died this year in June. Is that true? I can´t find any other source.

Only English language wiki states this. It looks like someone just edited her page to say that. Anyone can change it back.

Only English language wiki states this. It looks like someone just edited her page to say that. Anyone can change it back.

Yeah, I noticed that it´s only on english wikipedia, but still i´m confused.

Just I looked at the official page "The Prime Minister's Office Brunei" that in 6 September the Queen with her husband they went together in a wedding. So i think it's very alive. I do not know why the Wikipedia died her.

Last edited:
Just I looked at the official page "The Prime Minister's Office Brunei" that in 6 September the Queen with her husband they went together in a wedding. So i think it's very alive. I do not know why the Wikipedia died her.

Thank you, for making it clear. Well so the only mystery that remains is why wikipedia "killed" her :ROFLMAO:

Banning Christmas Hassan Bolkiah?Why kiddo?Afraid?..Of what?......What ultimate pityfull childish bs is it to ban Christmas..Freedom of speech,freedom of religion...Never heard of probably....What an enlightened leader you are..Not!!Laughable..:ROFLMAO:

What if we would ban mosques & islam here?The outcry...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom