Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone tell me what was the purpose of his visit to France? Merci

Boost for Brunei-French ties

His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam is conducting a working visit to France to strengthen bilateral ties.
During a recorded interview with state-broadcaster Radio Televisyen Brunei (RTB) telecast yesterday, French Ambassador to Brunei Patrick Bonneville said that His Majesty will be meeting French President Nicolas Sarkozy for the first time to discuss areas of cooperation between the two nations.
"This is the first time that His Majesty and our president will be meeting, so it is an important event, an important cornerstone in our relations," he said. Brudirect.com* - Local News

The Sultan at the Elysee Palace:
Photo 1
Photo 2

The Sultan, Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3 - Azrinaz has cut her hair really short!
Photo 4

I seldom see Queen Saleha wearing that kind of cloth but I like it. Love to see her. I like Azrinas new hair style too.

I don't understand why the Queen wear a white and purple veil over her blue suit?? Azrinaz looks great. But too much jewelry as usual. A simple pearl necklace and earing will be better.

Btw, does this two ladies accompany His Majesty to French?

Why is it that DPPW is always trying to be the "funny" man among the Royals? Why such sort of irony or should I say disdain for the rakiat? What sort of dress code does he follows? This is not nice at all. Always trying to get more attention than HM. He already destroyed the family unit by going after DPD and using him as scape goat and now this sort of attitude? For what?

Very unfortunate that neither HM the Sultan nor his aides/ministers learn anything from visiting moderate and affluential countries, specially Oman.
Sultan Qaboos is a beacon of light that should be emulated by other Muslim leaders. The way he handles his relationship with the people, seeking advice, spending time with villagers, etc. This gives him the upper hand in all decisions concerning his country!
Most definitely, Brunei could use something like this as HM the Sultan seams "unrelated" to the realities of current Brunei as if he was living in a bubble or fantasy island meticulously prepared/constructed around him by his aides/ministers, etc.!

Very unfortunate!

Observer08, please try and show a little more respect in your remarks and observations of the Bruneian Royal Family.

His Majesty as the Sultan and leader of the country has brought more good than harm. Otherwise, the country would have been in chaos a long time ago. He may live a far removed lifestyle than most in Brunei but he does listen to the rakyat. He reads the opinions page on brudirect.com, he accepts letters given to him by the public during outings here and there. When matters are brought to his attention, actions are taken.

How do you know the Sultan didn't learn anything from his visits? Do you read his memos? Perhaps you should campaign to become his personal adviser since you have given the impression that you know better. We should support our leader and pray for the best.

I am truly sorry if in any moment I offended the Royal Family. Far from it that is not at all my intention but Dang Ayah, we cannot simply "pretend" all is fine. Things are not fine and if HM was listening or doing what you say he does, things would have changed already. I am under the impression that you don't live in Brunei. As for being HM advisor, sorry I am just an Observer. He got plenty of advisors and none seam to be doing their jobs properly :) As for praying, yes we must but hoping for the best and only counting with luck won't do us any good. Support, HM will always have but things must be enforced in order to happen! Right now there is too much talk and no action (NATO).

I forgot something important: HM reading internet? HM reading letters from the people? That is the greatest urban legend of Brunei...
One can only wish for such access to HM. Unfortunately the bubble around him is very well maintained. The people benefitting from it are all very smart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hassanal Bolkiah, sultan of Brunei, left, and Najib Razak, Malaysia's prime minister, arrive at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders closing lunch, in Singapore, on Sunday, Nov. 15, 2009.
The APEC summit concludes today.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
Photographer: Munshi Ahmed/Bloomberg via Getty Images

HM the Sultan addressed the people of the kingdom and stressed that mankind, times and situations continue to change, but not so the Islamic law - Full article + video

State visit from New Zealand

HM the Sultan and HM the Queen Saleha granted an audience to New Zealand Governor-general Sir Anand Satyanand and Lady Susan Satyanand at Istana Nurul Iman on October 23th 2010.
Sir Anand and spouse arrived in the Sultanate yesterday for a three-day state visit.
Prior to the audience, His Majesty invited Sir Anand to the dais for the Royal Salute which was followed by the national anthems of both countries and a 21-gun salute.
The two leaders then inspected the Guard of Honour mounted by the Royal Brunei Land Force.
Sir Anand and Lady Susan were then introduced to the members of the royal family, state dignitaries, cabinet ministers and members of the diplomatic corps. - BruDirect
One more article

I sew Queen Saleha in London today with about 4 ladies. The Queen was dressed in a head scarf and a black knee length coat. She looked very serious and no smiles going out to anyone, she also had a very serious face with those with her.
What was nice was that she was very low profile, she did not have many ladies with her and not more than 2 security guards that were standing a dew feet a way in a discreet way.

^Wow, that is just amazing that you saw her. In which area did you see her? And did you see if the queen was wearing any jewelry?

Sultan's official visit to Netherlands January 13-14, 2011

His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei Darussalam arrived in Amsterdam for a two-day official visit to The Netherlands to further enhance bilateral relations. This is the first visit of His Majesty to the kingdom since both countries established diplomatic relations in 1984.
The monarch's itinerary included a meeting with Queen Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard of The Netherlands and other members of the Dutch royal family at the Noordeinde Palace today.

Photo gallery - Reuters via daylife

Dazzling,
Would you mind telling us, where did you see Her? In Harods?
I pray to Allah, give Her long life and blessing. She is a wonderful Lady and has "high" patience!!!! I hope in the rest of Her life, She is going to win the love and heart of Sultan!
For Naz : money is not guarantee to make someone happy, is it? It's not everything!!!!

HM the Sultan pays last respects to royal relative

HM the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah payed his last respects to Pg Anak Hjh Siti Salhah Pg Bendahara Pg Anak Hj Abdul Rahman who passed away yesterday morning.
The royal relative passed away at the age of 74.
During the visit, His Majesty was accompanied by and HRH Prince Hj Sufri BolkiahHRH Prince 'Abdul Malik to the house of the late Pg Anak Hjh Siti Salhah at Baitul Athirah, Kg Beribi. HRH Prince Mohamed Bolkiah also visited the deceased's residence at Baitul Athirah before His Majesty's visit yesterday. - Brunei Times article + photo
Brunei online

Back
Top Bottom