Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes Laila I agree with you.

Looks like the Sultan is back performing his duties.
No honeymoon for the newlyweds? or perhaps they had a really short one:rolleyes:

Pics from Infofoto:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 477
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 383
~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes Laila I agree with you.

Looks like the Sultan is back performing his duties.
No honeymoon for the newlyweds? or perhaps they had a really short one:rolleyes:

Pics from Infofoto:

I think they had a very short honeymoon. I heard the the wife is here but I don't konw where she's staying. Saw him opn tv. I might be wrong but I'm sure that his face is pratically glowing

During HM trip to New York recently, along with him, his new wife, while the 1st one in London. The rumor is after New York, they flew to London, staying at Dorchester, as his 1st wife in their palace ................ eeemmmm

Attachments

• cdyg.jpg
    cdyg.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 798
BOLK said:
During HM trip to New York recently, along with him, his new wife, while the 1st one in London. The rumor is after New York, they flew to London, staying at Dorchester, as his 1st wife in their palace ................ eeemmmm

From what I've heard, they're not staying at Dorchester...they stay somewhere else where there is less Malays around. I heard most of the maids are non-malays so that they will not talk abt their whereabouts. I heard the 2nd wife went to surgery. I'm not sure what kind of surgery but some ppl told me that's comestic surgery. :confused:

that is sad if she had cosmetic surgery. She is very pretty the way she is.

Yeah, she has a very pretty face. She is a little pudgy so maybe it was plastic surgery, a liposuction or a tummy tuck.

Last edited:
New pictures of the royal family greeting well wishers and diplomats at the royal palace during the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr. Queen Saleha has finally made a public appearance. The Sultan's new wife is also present, along with the Crown Prince and Princess Sarah, her mother, Datin Faezah, Pincess Rashidah's kids.
I believe Princess Rashidah herself wasn't present due to her pregnancy.
Pictures from Infofoto.

Attachments

• ARIF 09.jpg
    ARIF 09.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,788
  • ARIF 10.jpg
    ARIF 10.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,230
  • ARIF 12.jpg
    ARIF 12.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,090
  • ARIF 17.jpg
    ARIF 17.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 809
  • ARIF 22.jpg
    ARIF 22.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 10,777
  • ARIF 24.jpg
    ARIF 24.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 506
  • ARIF 28.jpg
    ARIF 28.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 482
  • ARIF 30.jpg
    ARIF 30.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 413
  • ARIF 26.jpg
    ARIF 26.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4,041
yeah thats her. She looks nice. I haven't seen any close-ups of her so far, only profile shots.

I thought it was Azeemah at first but then I saw the other pictures where she's greeting the people placed between Queen Saleha and CP Sarah and realized only Azrinaz would be given 'precedence' over Sarah. She looks very nice. I really like that dress she's wearing.

Last edited:
I know, thats a dead give-away isnt it? The BRF is so particular about due precedence to rank.

More Eid pictures (Infofoto)

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 2c.jpg
    2c.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 631
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 660
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 621
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 9,985
The Queen is really a patience lady to have you 2nd person standing next to you.

Now a note on style; I like Azrinaz version of the head scarf: very hip.

Queen Saleha such a good lady, what a first lady in Brunei Darussalam. As my point of view the Queen can stay beside with the local malaysian girl to shake hand with the people of brunei on Hari Raya day, all because she think about her country and the sultan's situation. The Sultan should know all these, everything she did,is because of her husband the Sultan of Brunei. U always my queen.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thousands greet royalty at Istana Nurul Iman [/FONT]
More than 32,000 well-wishers visited the Istana Nurul Iman yesterday, the second day of open house for Hari Raya Aidilfitri, to greet His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha and YTM Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar.

http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/nov7h2.htm

Looks like the new bride doesnt have a royal title yet.

Pictures from Infofoto:

Attachments

• ZUL-IZZI_004.jpg
    ZUL-IZZI_004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 596
  • ZUL-IZZI_005.jpg
    ZUL-IZZI_005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 357
  • ZUL-IZZI_009.jpg
    ZUL-IZZI_009.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 599
  • ZUL-IZZI_010.jpg
    ZUL-IZZI_010.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 716
  • ZUL-IZZI_011.jpg
    ZUL-IZZI_011.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 661
More pictures from Infofoto:

Attachments

• MASRI_005.jpg
    MASRI_005.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 384
  • MASRI_009.jpg
    MASRI_009.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 481
  • MASRI_010.jpg
    MASRI_010.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 826
  • MASRI_013.jpg
    MASRI_013.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 613
  • MASRI_014.jpg
    MASRI_014.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 512
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 631
ANYONE notice that during "salam" (shaking hands) with Azrinaz, the subjects didn't kiss her hand, whereas with Queen that's the protocol.????????
And regarding her dress, the designer charged her ( or rather GOB) above RM20 K (USD4 K) for the workmanship alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FHEEEWWWWWW
:eek:

I didnt see the tv footage so Im not sure if they kissed Azrinaz's hand or not. Maybe its because she doesnt have a royal title?
The articles refer to her as YAM. What does that stand for?

BOLK said:
ANYONE notice that during "salam" (shaking hands) with Azrinaz, the subjects didn't kiss her hand, whereas with Queen that's the protocol.????????
And regarding her dress, the designer charged her ( or rather GOB) above RM20 K (USD4 K) for the workmanship alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FHEEEWWWWWW
:eek:

On the Infofoto site there is a pic of subject kissing Azrinaz hand. It is in the album Junjung Ziarah Hari Pertama, dated 11/05/05 by Abdullah_003. Perhaps it was overlooked when viewing the album.
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15532

Last edited:
yes I thought I saw someone bending over her hand.
Most of those pictures look the same and since we're supposed to be conserving bandwidth I didnt post all of them.
In the last set of picture Azrinaz looks almost dishevelled, not as "put together" as she was in the previous pictures.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I didnt see the tv footage so Im not sure if they kissed Azrinaz's hand or not. Maybe its because she doesnt have a royal title?
The articles refer to her as YAM. What does that stand for?

She's since been given the title YTM - Yang Teramat Mulia - a common royal title, but not a very important one.

BOLK: It's true that most people did not kiss her hand and some even walked past without acknowledging her. It reflects the public majority's opinion of her.

Zina said:
She's since been given the title YTM - Yang Teramat Mulia - a common royal title, but not a very important one.

BOLK: It's true that most people did not kiss her hand and some even walked past without acknowledging her. It reflects the public majority's opinion of her.

thanx Zina. I dont know what to call her, she's not a princess and since I dont speak Malay I find the other bruneian titles confusing. Is YTM similar to the title Prince Sufri's wife has? Faezah is called a "Datin" if I recall correctly and someone said that it roughly translates to "lady",

btw..is it really true about people walking past Azrinaz? would people actually be that rude when they're inside the royal palace?

Anyone of you have wedding photo of the The Sultan with Queen Saleha or ex-Queen Mariam?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx Zina. I dont know what to call her, she's not a princess and since I dont speak Malay I find the other bruneian titles confusing. Is YTM similar to the title Prince Sufri's wife has? Faezah is called a "Datin" if I recall correctly and someone said that it roughly translates to "lady",

btw..is it really true about people walking past Azrinaz? would people actually be that rude when they're inside the royal palace?

She is a princess literally, since she is now married to the Sultan. Its just that there is stilla procedur to take to legally announce her as a princess.

No i dont think that people would be that rude... :)

altagrace said:
Now a note on style; I like Azrinaz version of the head scarf: very hip.

agreed. At least she doesnt look like a christmeas tree. other ladies tend to wear flowery headscarf with lots of designs for clothes as well....

if only she would cover her head like the Queeen....

Sultan in South Korea

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP469710_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP469710_guest.jpg.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 268
  • AP469714_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP469714_guest.jpg.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 222
the Sultan, Queen, and Azrinaz leaving for Malaysia for the ASEAN summit. The Crown Prince and Princess Sarah saw them off.
pictures from Infofoto:

Back
Top Bottom