State visit from Jordan: May 13-15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The infofoto site seems to be down at the moment, we'll have to exercise a little patience to see the new pictures.

Thanks for the photos, the dressl ooks lovely and the shoes are very chic.

Thank´s Lilo!! Dress is lovely.

Thank you M.lle Lilo for posting the pictures. I like both QRania's dress and hairdo of today. Princes Zein (on the 3rd picture) really changed a lot. I do not think that the shorter hairs suit her very much.

An article (with photos) of yesterday's museum visit:

Their Majesties King Abdullah II Ibni Al-Hussien King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah yesterday visited the Brunei Museum in the capital.
King Abdullah II, Queen Rania visit Brunei Museum

"At the end of the tour, King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, accompanied by HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah, left the museum for Istana Edinburgh"

Istana Edinburgh is the palace where official guests reside during their stay in Brunei.

An article about yesterday's school visit:

Bandar Seri Begawan, May 14 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, a keen advocate of promoting universal access to quality education, was accompanied by the princess of Brunei for a visit to the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah (YSHHB) School, Wednesday, where the Queen toured the state of the art facility.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Queen Rania visits school in Brunei

More from Day 1

Official welcome at the Nurul Iman Palace:

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9
Photo 10
Photo 11
Photo 12
Photo 13
Photo 14
Photo 15
Photo 16
Photo 17
Photo 18 – Lady Faizah, wife of Prince Sufri, can be seen in the background (right)

Brunei Museum treasures shown to Jordan royals

THEIR Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan yesterday visited the Brunei Museum, accompanied by Her Royal Highness Princess Hjh Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah. Brunei Museum treasures shown to Jordan royals | The Brunei Times

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

More from Day 1 - banquet

Brunei, Jordan ties further strengthened

HIS Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam yesterday consented to host a State Banquet in honour of His Majesty King Abdullah II, the King of Jordan, at Istana Nurul Iman.

. . . The Jordanian King took the opportunity to welcome His Majesty the Sultan to visit Jordan in the near future.

King Abdullah II also expressed his personal gratitude towards receiving the Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei, Darjah Kerabat Mahkota Brunei (DKMB) earlier on in the day as it symbolises "the enduring friendship between our families and peoples — a pledge of our continuing partnership, in an important and turbulent century". Brunei Times

Just before the banquet:

Photo 1
Photo 2 – (L-R) Princes Abdul Mateen and Abdul Malik (sons of the Sultan), Prince Sufri (brother of the Sultan) and Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah.

The royals making their way to the Throne Room for the banquet.
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

Sultan Hassan al Bolkiah and King Abdullah delivering their speeches:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

more colourful moments from the banquet:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6 – lovely picture of Queen Rania and a better view of her tiara
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

I think Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz should changes their sit position. That way the Queen can chat with Queen Rania rather than being left out while The King talking to the Sultan. Poor her.

Humera,

How did you find all of those photos from Brunei Times? I went to the site and couldn't see any slideshows or anything of that nature with any of the stories on the visit. I'm wondering if the paper has any photos from Day 2, considering the Infofoto site is still down.

I think Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz should changes their sit position. That way the Queen can chat with Queen Rania rather than being left out while The King talking to the Sultan. Poor her.
I think that it is the order of precedence: each king gets to sit next to the other one's queen, and as the Sultan's 2nd wife isn't queen she is 2 places away from him. Gosh I wouldn't like to be anyone's second wife. Or one of 2 :cry:

May 14, 2008

Their Majesties visit Darulifta State Mufti, YSHHB School

Their Majesties King Abdullah II Ibni Al-Hussein of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah visited the Darulifta State Mufti building yesterday afternoon.

. . . . . . . . . The royal delegation was then led to the Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Islamic Exhibition Gallery, which houses antiquities from the personal collection of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam. Their Majesties visit Darulifta State Mufti, YSHHB School (article with photos - this link will expire within a week)

A more permanent link to the above article (without the pictures): Brudirect.com* - Local News

Pictures from the visit to Darul Ifta:
King Abdullah II, Queen Rania, HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah and others in a group photo

State Mufti greeting King Abdullah II

King Abdullah II signing a royal parchment

King Abdullah II and Queen Rania taking a closer look at some of the mini manuscripts on display

King Abdullah II being greeted by staff of Darulifta on arrival

King Abdullah II attending a briefing prior to a tour around the Darulifta State Mufti building. Looking on is HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah

State Mufti presenting a souvenir to Queen Rania

King Abdullah II and Queen Rania taking a closer look at a giant al-Quran on display

Being briefed on the manuscripts on display

Touring the Darulifta State Mufti building

visit to YSHHB School:
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah with Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah

HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah during yesterday's tour – also pictured are Princesses Zein and Basma

Queen Rania is welcomed by the Minister of Communications

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah at Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah (YSHHB) Foundation School

Queen Rania interacts with a child in the computer room

Queen Rania interacts with a student

Students wave mini-flags to greet the royalty

A visit to the swimming pool

Presentation of a souvenir

Last edited:
Sorry but seeing this thread again I realized that I saw any pics of Queen Rania in front on gala dinner. Can anyone show me some?

Is it possible to clean up this thread? None of the picture links work.

Back
Top Bottom