State visit from Jordan: May 13-15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like QRania purple colour it's being while i didn't see her in colour like this and she is wearing a new tiara:flowers:
princess Azrinaz looks wonderful too she is fantastic young lady.
i don't know what PAish is wearing so awful dress.
her Gallery of photos: 130508 SANTAP

Last edited:
Is that a new tiara fo Queen Rania and the Sultan's young wife, Princess Azrinaz?

-Ayvee

Sharing the above views, I have to say that Queen Rania looked stunning: a regal purple dress ... It was a great opportunity to showcase a new tiara (I believe it is a new one). Hopefully we shall be able to see a closer photo of this tiara.
I am not keen on the colour of Queen Saleha's outfit, whereas Princess Azrinaz's one is a good choice. It is strange that Princess Azrinaz did not cover her hair as Queen Saleha did.

Last edited:
The tiara may be borrowed, I think the one she wore during the state visit to the Netherlands was also borrowed.

Mademoiselle Lilo;765186]i like QRania purple colour it's being while i didn't see her in colour like this and she is wearing a new tiara:flowers:
princess Azrinaz looks wonderful too she is fantastic young lady.
i don't know what PAish is wearing so awful dress.
her Gallery of photos: 130508 SANTAP

Princess Aisha (who is an army officer) is wearing the same sort of unifom like her brother the king and other Jordanians (but she is wearing it with a skirt). The woman standing next to her - is this her twin sister Zain?
QRania looks really great. A wonderfull dress. P.Azrinaz is very beautiful, too, but I miss a bit a smile on her face.

Last edited:
I wonder if Rania's tiara isn't a converted necklace. I believe she did that for one of the tiaras she wore on the 2001 state visit to Great Britain, which I don't recall having seen since except in one formal portrait. It's not unusual for royal women to convert necklaces to tiaras and tiaras to necklaces. I also noticed that the earrings appeared to be new.

Is there any way to find video of the visit?

Last edited:
I thought that was Princess Zein but I wasn't sure, I was hoping you might be able to cofirm the lady's identity, Veram98!

Princess Azrinaz does look quite drained in some of the photos, hasn't she recently given birth?

Is that a new tiara fo Queen Rania and the Sultan's young wife, Princess Azrinaz?

-Ayvee

Yes, Azrinaz is wearing a new tiara. It appears to be a very simple design. Too bad we don't have a close-up.
Queen Rania's tiara looks lovely as well.

The woman standing next to her - is this her twin sister Zain?
QRania looks really great. A wonderfull dress. P.Azrinaz is very beautiful, too, but I miss a bit a smile on her face.

In this photo posted by Little_star, you can see Princess Zein on the far right. She has cut her hair really short and apparently put on a bit of weight (or perhaps its her dress?)

Princess Azrinaz does look quite drained in some of the photos, hasn't she recently given birth?

Princess Azrinaz gave birth to a daughter on January 28. I agree that she doesn't look her best at this visit.

Wow, that's Zein?! I thought the lady looked familiar but I would never have guessed it was her if you hadn't pointed it out, Humera!

I think I have to disagree with most of you, I thought Princess Azrinaz looked very nice, yes not the best she has looked but she looked very nice., Queen Rania looked beautiful, like the dress, hair & make-up.

Visit to the museum, I didnt like her outfit. Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?

Royal Orders

More pictures from Infofoto

The Sultan of Brunei conferring upon His Majesty King Abdullah the 'Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei' and the 'Most Esteemed Family Order Laila Utama' on Her Majesty Queen Rania.
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

His Majesty King Abdullah conferring upon Her Majesty Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz, 'Wisam an-Nahada / Order of the Renaissance.'
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

For more information, visit the following pages:
BRUNEI - Orders and Decorations
JORDAN - Orders and Decorations

Last edited:
Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?

no but they were accompanied by Princess Rashidah, the Sultan and Queen Saleha's eldest child, along with Princesses Basma, Aisha, and Zein.

I think I have to disagree with most of you, I thought Princess Azrinaz looked very nice, yes not the best she has looked but she looked very nice., Queen Rania looked beautiful, like the dress, hair & make-up.

Visit to the museum, I didnt like her outfit. Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?

I didn't think that Rania looked her best --- her lock of hair hanging in her face looked sloppy -

Princess basma looks so good and fresh.
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9205/2bhalim05yo8.jpg
pity there is not alot of pics of Princess sarah she is a sush lovely young woman.
I like rania's in purple the colrours is nice but the dress it self not big choice,her make-up during whole visit is beautiful but outfits not sur and her hair in first pics it's awful hairdo.

Last edited:
The tiara may be borrowed, I think the one she wore during the state visit to the Netherlands was also borrowed.

Sure, too was borrowed her Boucheron tiara, but it´s usually Muna and Queen Noor too had borrowed tiaras.

More from today at the Nurul Iman Palace

King holds talks with Sultan of Brunei

Bandar Seri Begawan, May 13 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei on ways of boosting bilateral ties in all fields as well as issues of concern o the Islamic world.

The two leaders expressed their interest to expand cooperation in various fields and proceed with measures to sign agreements still being examined in the economic, tourism and defence fields.

His Majesty and the Sultan of Brunei also reviewed investment, air transport, vocational and academic cooperation and a number of Islamic issues. News Part 2 of article

Pictures from Petra and Infofoto
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

I thought also it was Princess Zain but the face look differnt and also less weight from old pictures I have seen. Dos anyone know who exactly went on the trip?

Queen Rania look gorgeous at the gala. I think she should wear tiara more often. But i just have one problem, i think the jewelry that she wore is not glamor enough for Brunei. She should wear a necklace and brooch too.

As for Queen Saleha, I also adore her. Although I have to agree that the color that she wore at the Gala is not the best choice. Especially the Order that she wore also consist green color. She also need to try new clothing line. Almost all her dress look the same, only different color and pattern. And perhaps she should buy a new tiara too. I've seen her wearing that tiara so often.

The Princess Azrinaz, i don't really like her. She might be beautiful. but for me she still 'the other lady'. But i have to say, among the royal ladies of Brunei, perhaps she have one of the most good taste in fashion. At the Gala, she wear a nice tiara. But i don't like her hairstyle. She should do something with it, rather than just like that.

Princess Basma in other hands, she look nice. Her tiara is very nice. I think Queen Rania should wear something like that. And also Princess Basma's necklace look wonderful in her tiny neck..

I wonder why the other royal ladies didn't wear tiara... From many pictures I saw that no member of Brunei Royal Family except the Queen and Princess Azrinaz ever wear tiara in formal occasion, except on their wedding day. Does anyone know why?? Thanks..

i open it a minute ago to send photo but now he don't open i really don'tknow why sorry!!!

I can't open any link that originates from Brunei. Is there a problem there?

Back
Top Bottom