State visit from Jordan: May 13-15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im so excited about the Brunei visit!
It should be very colourful and interesting. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Jordanian State Visit to Brunei: May 2008

Looking forward to the visit to Brunei - a lot of jewellery, colourful outfits, and grand reception:) It would be also great to see Queen Rania undertaking a solo engagement.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal welcome for Jordan's King and Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal welcome for Jordan's King and Queen[/FONT]

I'm really looking forward to this particular visit, hopefully there will be lots of gorgeous outfits. They haven't had a big state visit for a while so fingers crossed this one will be very glam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us hope that Queen Rania will wear stunning outfits as this is the perfect occasion.

Thanks for the photos. I'm not overly familiar with the Brunei Royals but is that the Sultan's first wife on the left and his second on the right (Princess Azrinaz?!)?

I hope the King grows his beard again soon, he looks so odd without it! Rania looks ok, I'm not overly enamoured with the outfit but at least it's smart.

Last edited:
... is that the Sultan's first wife on the left and his second on the right (Princess Azrinaz?!)?
Spot on. Queen Saleha on the left, Princess Azrinaz on the right. ETA: Princess Azrinaz is the third wife; the second is no longer on the scene.

Last edited:
Many thanks, Warren. How long have the Sultan and his first wife, Queen Saleha, been married?

Long term - 1965. :)

What were the queen and king of Jordan presented with from the sultan and his wife?

thank you all for photos:flowers:
what a lovely second wife the sultan have sublime i never see any photo of her she is a beauty.
and the princess Sarah is beautiful too is she the sultan dauther?

What were the queen and king of Jordan presented with from the sultan and his wife?
I am starting to feel invisible, :bang: doesn't anyone have an answer?

ok thanks Little_star :flowers:she had a young face this is why i thought is first place she is the sultan's dauther.

I'm really glad to see Princess Aisha with them! I don't think she ever accompanies them on foreign trips.

Isn't Princess Basma good friends with the Brunei Royals?

I am starting to feel invisible, :bang: doesn't anyone have an answer?
We see exactly what you see auntie; in any case only allowing an hour for members to respond to your question is somewhat impatient.

At a guess it could be a Brunei order or decoration being presented to Rania, but as the object is pictured side on it is impossible to be certain.

I'm really glad to see Princess Aisha with them! I don't think she ever accompanies them on foreign trips.

Isn't Princess Basma good friends with the Brunei Royals?

I think it´s the first time that Aisha is with them during state visit.

Yes Basma is a good friend of Sultan and Saleha.

The king and queen of Jordan received royal orders. I don't know which ones but since they looked completely yellow, I presume they are the highest ones the sultan can give. A secondary order is yellow with red stripes I believe.

The sultan did not receive an order as I suspect he already has one. His wives, meanwhile, received the second highest orders Jordan has to give. The order has the same colours as the Jordanian flag. The top order is a maroon-type colour.

I apologize for not knowing the names of any of the orders. I'm less familiar with them.

Back
Top Bottom