Royalty of Brunei: News & Photos 3: April-July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnie said:
Grazie millie Humera!

These are terrific pictures and Sarah's looking stunning as usual. Sarah seemed like a really affectionate person towards CP as evident from these pictures (and also many others previously) - Sarah's usually standing and pressing really close to the Prince.

Being a great fan of Sarah and a biased one at that, I thought the thread was getting "bored" from the lack of news of the gorgeous princess. until these pictures posted by Humera. Thanks for sharing Humera!!

As a keen observer of the her royal highness too , I thought Sarah has put on more weight than before , quoting from the pictures of the visit to Singapore , at the football function. To put it in good light, I think these are just signs of happiness and definitely prosperity.

you're welcome Minnie:)
I found more pics for the honeymoon and will post them as soon as I have more time. You'll love them too!

Here are the pictures I was talking about
These were taken in Rome

Attachments

• 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 669
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 892
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 451
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 474
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 615
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 735
In Verona
few places more romantic for a honeymoon!

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 578
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 3,602
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 674
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 467
and some more..

Attachments

• 1j.JPG
    1j.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 1k.JPG
    1k.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 469
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 409
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 463
Humera Thanks so much for posting the honeymoon pics. Sarah is adorable, she looks so fresh and carefree like an teenager should.

There will be plenty of time to worry about her hair and weight. Part of her appeal is that she isn't trying to be a glamour girl and dolled up everytime she goes out. Sarah will certainly be an asset and keep the CP young in spirit for a lifetime. I love it when she smiles, she seems very confident, free and comfortable with herself.

Saba said:
Humera Thanks so much for posting the honeymoon pics. Sarah is adorable, she looks so fresh and carefree like an teenager should.

There will be plenty of time to worry about her hair and weight. Part of her appeal is that she isn't trying to be a glamour girl and dolled up everytime she goes out. Sarah will certainly be an asset and keep the CP young in spirit for a lifetime. I love it when she smiles, she seems very confident, free and comfortable with herself.

you're welcome Saba:)
and I totally agree with you. Sarah has been a breath of fresh air for the Bruneian royal family. She shows a lot of promise.

Sultan's Nephew has eyes for Aussie girl!!

I've heard that one of the sons of Sultan of Brunei's adopted brother is dating an Aussie girl. She is apparently of mixed races of Singaporean-Malay-Arab-Indian and Belgian descent as well.
She is studying at one of the universities in Perth and is apparently quite stunning.

shamds said:
I've heard that one of the sons of Sultan of Brunei's adopted brother is dating an Aussie girl. She is apparently of mixed races of Singaporean-Malay-Arab-Indian and Belgian descent as well.
She is studying at one of the universities in Perth and is apparently quite stunning.

The Sultan has an adopted brother? Can you tell us the name, and the son's name too?

the sultans adopted brother is named Waisallah or something that sounds like that. his sons name is Haji Yusri. quite handsome and pretty loaded too. works for the islamic bank of brunei.. the adopted brother is not well known amongst the public as they are quite private. but they are more strict in Islam and also the family is very close with Princess Masna.
anymore questions feel free to ask me!!

Congratulations! to Crown Prince Billah on being appointed Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office starting 24th May 2005. We are very proud he has a major post in the government now.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Pictures from the banquet for the Pakistani PM

I don't think he is the PM (the PM is Musharraf, right?) He is probably the President of Pakistan, so he probably assumes more of a figurehead position.

Reina said:
I don't think he is the PM (the PM is Musharraf, right?) He is probably the President of Pakistan, so he probably assumes more of a figurehead position.

General Pervez Musharraf is the President of Pakistan. Shaukat Aziz is the PM.

Sultan of Brunei's Nephew has eyes for Aussie girl!!

Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Zina
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamds

The Sultan has an adopted brother? Can you tell us the name, and the son's name too?

Yesterday, 10:39 PM
shamds

the sultans adopted brother is named Waisallah or something that sounds like that. his sons name is Haji Yusri. quite handsome and pretty loaded too. works for the islamic bank of brunei.. the adopted brother is not well known amongst the public as they are quite private. but they are more strict in Islam and also the family is very close with Princess Masna.

shamds said:

Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Zina
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamds

Yesterday, 10:39 PM
shamds

shamds we've already seen your replies on the last page, no need to repeat yourself ;)
And if you'd like to reply to someone's post just click on the "Quote" button at the of their post

The Sultan's adopted brother!

Zina said:

To Humera

Sorry to offend you, but just having some problems in sending messages on my computer which is why the message i originally sent got repeated.
Again, Sorry..

shamds said:
Sorry to offend you, but just having some problems in sending messages on my computer which is why the message i originally sent got repeated.
Again, Sorry..

oh no you didnt offend me, sorry if it sounded that way.
I was just trying to help out.

more honeymoon pics - October 2004, Milan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,119
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 674
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 611
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 689
Sultan of Brunei's adopted brother!

I have the proper name of the sultan of Brunei's adopted brother. His name is Haji Wahsalfelah. He has also been knighted by Queen Elizabeth years ago apparently. He has 10 children from 1 wife, half of who are married. He lives at Istana Nurul Iman with his wife and children who have not yet married.

His 8th child, a son by the name of Haji Yusri is studying in Perth at a university completing a Business degree. The girl he is rumoured to be in love with is an Australian born muslim of Singaporean-Malay/Indian/Arab/Belgian ethnicity. She is also studying Computer Science at a university in Perth, Western Australia and is a commoner. She is known to be a simple, friendly and very down-to-earth person which is what initially attracted the Bruneian royal to her, apart from her being a strong practicing Muslim like him- she wears the "hijab" or "head scarf" wherever she goes even to university unlike Crowne Princess Sarah. Her inner and outer beauty and supermodel features such as her tall 1.75m height are also reasons how the friendship began. She is said to be slightly taller than the bruneian royal in love with her, Haji Yusri. Haji Yusri is also best friends with this girl's brother which is how they also initially met and introduced to one another.

Haji Yusri has only introduced this girl to his elder sister who was studying in perth as well. She has not been personally introduced to his family yet but is rumoured to be meeting them at the end of this year during her university holidays for a rumoured Engagement..!! His family is said to be very excited to meet her as she will be a great asset to the royal family..

It will be nice to get some fresh blood into the Bruneian royal family and maybe Crowne Princess Sarah has finally met her match....hehe...

*N.B.:-To Humera, i'm glad everything is cleared up and no offences caused.

Does anybody know how tall Crown Princess Sarah is?

La la said:
Does anybody know how tall Crown Princess Sarah is?
i think crowne princess sarah is about 1.65-1.7m tall. she is a little short. i read that somewhere.

shamds said:
It will be nice to get some fresh blood into the Bruneian royal family and maybe Crowne Princess Sarah has finally met her match....hehe...

hmm..interesting.
CP Sarah is also "fresh blood." And ofcourse whomever this woman is, cant be Sarah's match because she is the Crown Princess and future Queen.
Also because adopted members of the royal family are not in the spotlight as the royal family itself is. So she's not likely to receive media attention.
btw...do you mind my asking how you know so much about this girl? I mean do you personally know her?

Last edited:
alfie said:
Congratulations! to Crown Prince Billah on being appointed Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office starting 24th May 2005. We are very proud he has a major post in the government now.

Yes, he is now an Army General, Deputy Inspector of Police and now this! What more could a boy want :)

shamds said:
i think crowne princess sarah is about 1.65-1.7m tall. she is a little short. i read that somewhere.

No offence Shamds , but Princess Sarah is not short. She is about the same height as the Crown Prince, I have seen them together, in the flesh. I am 1.65m and Sarah is a lot taller than i am :)

As for Sarah, not wearing tudong, that is not a bad thing..don't forget Sarah comes from mixed parentage. Her mother is Swiss. Most Eurasians are not inclined to be religiously conservative.

I agree with Humera also, the sultan's adopted brother, is not really "royal", apart from living at the Palace. Even many Bruneians have never heard of him. If you mean, that Sarah has met her match in beauty, I think I understand. But most people will never see this Aussie/Arab girl in the light of day, to even compare her with Sarah, if the family are that private!

Zina said:
No offence Shamds , but Princess Sarah is not short. She is about the same height as the Crown Prince, I have seen them together, in the flesh. I am 1.65m and Sarah is a lot taller than i am :)
As for Sarah, not wearing tudong, that is not a bad thing..don't forget Sarah comes from mixed parentage. Her mother is Swiss. Most Eurasians are not inclined to be religiously conservative.
I agree with Humera also, the sultan's adopted brother, is not really "royal", apart from living at the Palace. Even many Bruneians have never heard of him. If you mean, that Sarah has met her match in beauty, I think I understand. But most people will never see this Aussie/Arab girl in the light of day, to even compare her with Sarah, if the family are that private!

I second the agreement with Zina & Humera, Crown Princess Sarah can't be a match/compared to this Aussie girl. If she will marry Hj Yusri it won't be an official wedding, just a private ceromony, will not even be mention in the local newspapers. I also agree with Zina that Crown Princess Sarah is pretty tall compared to a lot of local bruneian ladies. I also agree with Zina & Humera that the sultan's adopted brother is not really 'royal' they cannot ascend any royal throne or have any royal titles to their name.
Thanks! Humera for the latest honeymoon photos :)

Love the Honeymoon pix

Thanks to Humera for all the great Honeymoon pics. Sarah looks great in these casual jeans and checked shirt and sneakers - typical teenager!

The royal couple are obviously happy together, though some people in Brunei disagreed with the arranged union. Still they appear to be a Perfect match!

you're welcome alfie and Zina:)

I found some older pics of the royal family
These are from the Sultan's birthday celebrations in 2003

Attachments

• 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 627
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 762
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 786
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 692
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 676
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 627
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 709
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 625
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 763
1. Princess Masna and Madeleine Albright, July 2000
2. February 2004 National Day celebrations

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 465
Really? USually it is the PM who has the power and the President who is the figurehead. But then again the poltiical system could be similar to France's where the President is the figurehead, but also has the most power. I see now.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
General Pervez Musharraf is the President of Pakistan. Shaukat Aziz is the PM.

Reina said:
Really? USually it is the PM who has the power and the President who is the figurehead. But then again the poltiical system could be similar to France's where the President is the figurehead, but also has the most power. I see now.

that is true. The PM in Pakistan is the one who is more involved in the governing of the country. I guess it can be a little deceptive because Pres. Musharraf has such a high profile in the media around the world, mostly due to the instability in the region since September 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom