Royalty of Brunei: News & Photos 3: April-July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Royal Palace - Part 2

Attachments

• MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 278
  • MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 236
  • MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 262
  • MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 206
  • MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 272
  • MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 356
  • MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 399
  • MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 369
  • MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 306
  • MASRI_016.sized.jpg
    MASRI_016.sized.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 244
At the Royal Palace - Part 3

Attachments

• MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 353
  • MASRI_018.sized.jpg
    MASRI_018.sized.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 350
  • MASRI_019.sized.jpg
    MASRI_019.sized.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 300
  • MASRI_020.sized.jpg
    MASRI_020.sized.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 399
  • MASRI_021.sized.jpg
    MASRI_021.sized.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 282
  • MASRI_022.sized.jpg
    MASRI_022.sized.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 276
  • MASRI_023.sized.jpg
    MASRI_023.sized.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 268
  • MASRI_024.sized.jpg
    MASRI_024.sized.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 244
  • MASRI_025.sized.jpg
    MASRI_025.sized.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 288
  • MASRI_026.sized.jpg
    MASRI_026.sized.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 304
Queen Saleha visits the Kuala Lampur Hospital

Attachments

• ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 257
  • ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 308
  • ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 243
  • ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 227
  • ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 232
  • ARIF_11.sized.jpg
    ARIF_11.sized.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 297
  • ARIF_19.sized.jpg
    ARIF_19.sized.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 221
  • ARIF_20.sized.jpg
    ARIF_20.sized.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 255
  • ARIF_21.sized.jpg
    ARIF_21.sized.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 217
Zina said:
Nice that you had a good experience BOLK. Sometimes they are friendly, sometimes not, depending on their mood and if they know you. Of all the times I have encountered Raja Isteri, she never makes eye contact! I think she is intimidated by certain types of people, and charmed by others, like yourself. :D

The Crown Prince is always friendly whenever I met him though. And Prince Qawi always smiles and waves when I saw him.
Is that so ????? then how lucky I was !!!!!!!! yes that day she's really friendly, may she had a good day eeeemmm, and I'm quite shy when I first have eye contact with her, and I thought she not gonna look at me again, but no .....
..... and wow, U have such an experience with Raja Isteri and the rest of royal family!!!!! how often U have that opprtunity? .... me? once in life time may be .....

BOLK said:
Is that so ????? then how lucky I was !!!!!!!! yes that day she's really friendly, may she had a good day eeeemmm, and I'm quite shy when I first have eye contact with her, and I thought she not gonna look at me again, but no .....
..... and wow, U have such an experience with Raja Isteri and the rest of royal family!!!!! how often U have that opprtunity? .... me? once in life time may be .....

Being in Brunei, we bump into the royals all the time :eek: . Small country. But Raja Isteri never goes shopping here, so we wouldnt meet her in the shops here. You were lucky:)

Ephram said:
DYMM Raja Isteri is on 4 day State Visit, right? You encountered her at KLCC? Wow! that would be a great honor. What an experience....
Yes, I think today is last day, yes I feel very honoured, to have her hand.

Yes! you are one of the lucky ones BOLK to have met the Queen in a shopping spree. I bump into her a few years ago at a store in London and the shop was closed for her but the people in the store including myself could still shop around. She knew my friends and I quite well and we all talked shop, excellent! :)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Doesn't the sultan realize the ill-effects of marriages within the family? The Crown Prince obviously married outside the family, most likely to ensure a healthy bloodline for the succession of the throne. Why wouldnt the sultan want the same for Princess Majeedah? I know you wont have an definite answer ofcourse but what do the average people say about this?

Well Humera, I'm pretty sure they do realize it. The average people would definitely think it will not be a good move, for the sake of their offsprings, as Zina have mention some of Prince Qawi's siblings are not very well, as it goes with one of Princess Norain's daughter too.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes I saw the pictures of Prince Muhammad's kids. Its hard to believe they are Prince Qawi's brothers and sisters!
Honestly I find it all quite alarming. The sultan really should have more sense than this. He should keep his daughter's best interest in mind. I dont get why he cant have her marry a commoner, like the CP. Or perhaps a malaysian royal? dont they have any eligible bachelors?

Apparently Princess Majeedah and Princess Hafizah do have commoner boyfriends but are very unlikely to marry them. A few of the malaysian royals were introduced but weren't approved. Sorry I don't know why. Actually Princess Mutawakillah, 2nd oldest daughter of Sultan is supposed to get married 1st before Princess Majeedah but apparently refused to and is furthering studies aboard. A few years ago she was suppose to marry a distant cousin of hers but it did'nt work out, apparently he was to 'girlish', they even went on holiday together to get to know one another.

Health vs Wealth and Power

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes I saw the pictures of Prince Muhammad's kids. Its hard to believe they are Prince Qawi's brothers and sisters!
Honestly I find it all quite alarming. The sultan really should have more sense than this. He should keep his daughter's best interest in mind. I dont get why he cant have her marry a commoner, like the CP. Or perhaps a malaysian royal? dont they have any eligible bachelors?

Humera, Thank you for all the photos you post throughout the board, I enjoy very much seeing the pictures.

This couple has most likely had a battery of genetic testing, the means of which are unlimited. Perhaps the results of such testing confirm that the odds are in their favor.

Genetic testing has advanced significantly over the years and would be easy to do in this family.

In relation to the subject of intermarriage, Prince Salman of Saudi Arabia says:

"There is always the element that says 'you don't want to touch it,' " said Prince Salman bin Sultan, chairman of the Prince Salman Center for Disability Research. But that, he said, is no longer possible or wise. The effects of intermarriage will be part of a comprehensive disability study that the center expects to complete in coming months, and international groups including the World Health Organization are trying to help develop policies to address the issue.”

Saba

Saba said:
Humera, Thank you for all the photos you post throughout the board, I enjoy very much seeing the pictures.

This couple has most likely had a battery of genetic testing, the means of which are unlimited. Perhaps the results of such testing confirm that the odds are in their favor.

Genetic testing has advanced significantly over the years and would be easy to do in this family.

In relation to the subject of intermarriage, Prince Salman of Saudi Arabia says:

"There is always the element that says 'you don't want to touch it,' " said Prince Salman bin Sultan, chairman of the Prince Salman Center for Disability Research. But that, he said, is no longer possible or wise. The effects of intermarriage will be part of a comprehensive disability study that the center expects to complete in coming months, and international groups including the World Health Organization are trying to help develop policies to address the issue.”

Saba

you're welcome saba:)
its interesting you brought up the genetic testing issue. I have an Iranian friend whose brother is supposed to marry a cousin. The couple has to go to a doctor first and get their blood tested and everything to make sure that any potential offspring will be healthy. But I think that intermarriage becomes dangerous particularly when there's too much of it. Like with the Bruneian royals. I think that it is misleading too because the fact that it isnt forbidden in Islam leads people to think they can do it as much as possible. Eventhough intermarriage is not encouraged in the Islamic tradition. I believe the Prophet himself encouraged his followers to marry outside their families.

alfie said:
Apparently Princess Majeedah and Princess Hafizah do have commoner boyfriends but are very unlikely to marry them. A few of the malaysian royals were introduced but weren't approved. Sorry I don't know why. Actually Princess Mutawakillah, 2nd oldest daughter of Sultan is supposed to get married 1st before Princess Majeedah but apparently refused to and is furthering studies aboard. A few years ago she was suppose to marry a distant cousin of hers but it did'nt work out, apparently he was to 'girlish', they even went on holiday together to get to know one another.

you know it would be interesting to see who Princesses Azemah and Fadzillah marry. The spend so much time in London with their mother.
I didnt know Majeedah and Hafizah had boyfriends. If they're from good families then I dont see why they cant marry them.
Is it just me or is the sultan more strict about who his daughters marry? as opposed to his sons I mean.

Last edited:
I found a few of my dad's invitation cards from Princess Rashidah's wedding in 1996. We kept them for 8 years, you can see the paper's oxidised a bit! Just thought you guys might be interested... The guests' souvenirs from that wedding were cooler than the ones from the crown prince's wedding.. hehehe!Here's a scan of the invitation to the Majlis Istiadat Bersuruh Diraja.
The other invitations look similar except the date and the dress code of course!

Attachments

• m-bersuruh-cover-front.jpg
    m-bersuruh-cover-front.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 877
  • m-bersuruh-cover-back.jpg
    m-bersuruh-cover-back.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 613
  • m-bersuruh-inside-1.jpg
    m-bersuruh-inside-1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 519
  • m-bersuruh-inside-2.jpg
    m-bersuruh-inside-2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 447
~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're welcome saba:)
its interesting you brought up the genetic testing issue. I have an Iranian friend whose brother is supposed to marry a cousin. The couple has to go to a doctor first and get their blood tested and everything to make sure that any potential offspring will be healthy. But I think that intermarriage becomes dangerous particularly when there's too much of it. Like with the Bruneian royals. I think that it is misleading too because the fact that it isnt forbidden in Islam leads people to think they can do it as much as possible. Eventhough intermarriage is not encouraged in the Islamic tradition. I believe the Prophet himself encouraged his followers to marry outside their families.
Many societies some Islamic some not practice intermarriage between close relatives and/or among tribes of people that know one another closely. The Islamic World League of Saudi Arabia has addressed this issue and the ethical debate continues. Persons that intermarry often live in a society where social lives are restricted, populations small and access to others is limited. In some societies intermarrying was practiced to consolidate power and protect inheritances.

It has taken generations for the genetic consequences of intermarrying to be talked about openly. Science and genetic studies have proven the spread of genetic diseases suffered from marrying close in the bloodline. Most people given the opportunity to test for genetic risks would say no a marriage where the risks were too high. I have read that “Among more educated Saudis, marrying relatives has become less common and younger generations have begun to pull away from the practice.”

Having been tested for generic diseases could very well be part of the explanation why there are some older unmarried children in many royal families. It wouldn’t be surprising if some of them never married, not just in Brunei.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
you know it would be interesting to see who Princesses Azemah and Fadzillah marry. The spend so much time in London with their mother.
I didnt know Majeedah and Hafizah had boyfriends. If they're from good families then I dont see why they cant marry them.
Is it just me or is the sultan more strict about who his daughters marry? as opposed to his sons I mean.

If those daughters carry genes that have a high risk of a child being born with life threatening disease, a man may not be willing to marry her and vice versa for the male carriers. As people become more aware of the risks within a family those from outside are just as cautious when considering marrying into a family.

Saba said:
If those daughters carry genes that have a high risk of a child being born with life threatening disease, a man may not be willing to marry her and vice versa for the male carriers. As people become more aware of the risks within a family those from outside are just as cautious when considering marrying into a family.

oh yes ofcourse. But the Sultan's wife and ex-wife aren't related to him as far as Im aware. Which is why I dont think his daughters are in any danger of outsiders rejecting them or being cautious. It is the lower ranks within the family which are of more concern. Like Prince Muhammad. His son, Prince Qawi, is very good looking but as you can tell from what everyone's been discussing, his parents are the siblings of the Sultan and the Queen. Which is why there is concern about Princess Majeedah marrying Qawi.
She's a very attractive woman and seems like the intellectual type. I hope for her sake that everything works out for her.

His Majesty and Her Majesty have separate itineraries on their state visit to Malaysia

His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Muizaddin Wadaullah, the Sultan and Yang DiPertuan of Brunei Darussalam, and Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha, continued with their programs as part of Their Majesties's state visit to Malaysia.

His Majesty on Friday morning consented to tour the Malaysian National Service Programme's Setia Ikhlas Camp in Ulu Semenyih in Selangor. His Majesty was greeted by His Highness Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj, the Sultan of Selangor; and the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato Seri Mohd Najib; the

Chief Minister of Selangor, Dato Seri Doctor Khir Toyo; and other senior government officers from the Malaysian Ministry of Defence and the National Service Programme.

After inspecting the guard-of-honour, His Majesty consented to watch a demonstration of an unarmed combat by 64 members of the National Service, and signed a plaque to mark the visit. The National Service training programme was established to instill communal solidarity as well as national integration, besides enhancing the spirit of patriotism among youths. To date, some 170 -thousand trainees have undergone the programme.

In the afternoon, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam performed the Friday Prayer at the Federal Territory Mosque in Kuala Lumpur together with His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-pertuan Agung of Malaysia. From the Federal Territory Mosque, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang

Di-pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong consented to proceed to the Istana Negara for a luncheon.

The close relationship between the two leaders portrayed the intimacy of the royal families of both countries. His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam views the relations between Brunei and Malaysia as a close family relation that has been long established. Meanwhile in a separate itinerary, Her Majesty the Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha toured the National Planetarium in Kuala Lumpur. The Planetarium is one of the tourist attractions which offer its visitors a better understanding of space. Apart from exhibiting some interesting features in the field of astronomy, it is also serves as a Science Space Research Centre. The royal entourage also included Her RoyalHighness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam.

In the afternoon, Her Majesty the Raja Isteri proceeded to the Istana Melawati in Putrajaya for a luncheon. The function was hosted by Her Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Raja Permaisuri Agong. Also present were Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam, the wife of the Malaysian Prime Minister, Datin Sri Endon,Tun Doctor Siti Hasmah and several wives of Malaysian cabinet ministers. Besides giving them opportunity to hold discussions, the exchange of visit also foster good relationship towards effort in developing the country.

Attachments

• MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 230
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 239
  • MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 311
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 368
  • MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 413
  • MASRI_021.sized.jpg
    MASRI_021.sized.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 321
  • MASRI_024.sized.jpg
    MASRI_024.sized.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 393
  • MASRI_029.sized.jpg
    MASRI_029.sized.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 348
  • MASRI_031.sized.jpg
    MASRI_031.sized.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 378
  • MASRI_032.sized.jpg
    MASRI_032.sized.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 254
The two monarchs perform Friday Prayers - April 29 ,2005

Attachments

• MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 335
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 314
  • MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 229
  • MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 295
  • MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 444
  • MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 243
  • MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 349
  • MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 382
  • MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 230
April 29, 2005 - Luncheon at the Royal Palace

Attachments

• MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 349
  • MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 366
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 346
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 288
  • MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 237
The two Queens at a luncheon - April 29

Attachments

• ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 283
  • ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 265
  • ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 491
  • ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 418
  • ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 386
  • ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 395
  • ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 310
  • ARIF_09.sized.jpg
    ARIF_09.sized.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 358
  • ARIF_10.sized.jpg
    ARIF_10.sized.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 311
  • ARIF_11.sized.jpg
    ARIF_11.sized.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 274
Queen Saleha tours the National Planetarium in Kuala Lumpur

Attachments

• ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 279
  • ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 307
  • ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 237
  • ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 251
  • ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 227
  • ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 324
  • ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    ARIF_07.sized.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 233
  • ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    ARIF_08.sized.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 230
  • ARIF_10.sized.jpg
    ARIF_10.sized.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 208
more pictures....

Attachments

• ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 331
  • ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 226
  • ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 230
  • ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    ARIF_06.sized.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 346
  • ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 252
  • MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 278
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 227
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 321
  • MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 316
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 247
reception....

Attachments

• ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 224
  • ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    ARIF_03.sized.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 251
  • MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 337
  • MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 575
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 318
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 275
  • MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 370
  • MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 293
  • MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 271
  • MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 282
Dang Ayah said:
I found a few of my dad's invitation cards from Princess Rashidah's wedding in 1996. We kept them for 8 years, you can see the paper's oxidised a bit! Just thought you guys might be interested... The guests' souvenirs from that wedding were cooler than the ones from the crown prince's wedding.. hehehe!Here's a scan of the invitation to the Majlis Istiadat Bersuruh Diraja.
The other invitations look similar except the date and the dress code of course!

thanx for those scans Dang Ayah.
You wouldn't happen to have pictures of Princess Rashidah's wedding would you? I have only seen one picture of her as a bride and would love to see more:)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
oh yes ofcourse. But the Sultan's wife and ex-wife aren't related to him as far as Im aware. Which is why I dont think his daughters are in any danger of outsiders rejecting them or being cautious. It is the lower ranks within the family which are of more concern. Like Prince Muhammad. His son, Prince Qawi, is very good looking but as you can tell from what everyone's been discussing, his parents are the siblings of the Sultan and the Queen. Which is why there is concern about Princess Majeedah marrying Qawi.
She's a very attractive woman and seems like the intellectual type. I hope for her sake that everything works out for her.

Sometimes a gene skips a generation, a grandparent of either parent could have had a gene that skipped the parents; however their children became carriers. There may be children which are ill of which the public is unaware, we will never know. It's not always easy finding a proper mate :eek: but I am sure everyone will manage and be just fine.

Oh my, I see lots of news pics, thanks, off to take a look!

I think we have a lot of the pics somewhere. I just have to dig through the piles of books and newspapers in the attic. But I managed to find this article from Muhibah magazine! Hope that would do for now... hehehe I think I made a mess! I better tidy up the attic before my parents find out!

Attachments

• rashidawed1.jpg
    rashidawed1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 525
  • rashidawed2.jpg
    rashidawed2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 603
  • rashidawed3.jpg
    rashidawed3.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 440
  • rashidawed4.jpg
    rashidawed4.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 539
  • rashidawed5.jpg
    rashidawed5.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 549
  • rashidawed6.jpg
    rashidawed6.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 461
Dang Ayah said:
I think we have a lot of the pics somewhere. I just have to dig through the piles of books and newspapers in the attic. But I managed to find this article from Muhibah magazine! Hope that would do for now... hehehe I think I made a mess! I better tidy up the attic before my parents find out!

thanx so much Dang Ayah. I'd love to see more pictures, if you find them:)

Last edited:
KL military honour for Sultan

MALACCA, West Malaysia (Bernama) - His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has become the first foreign Head of State to be made an honorary life member of Malaysia's elite Royal Rangers Paratrooper Regiment.
He was presented the paratrooper's wings and maroon beret of the regiment during his visit to its headquarters at the Terendak Camp here yesterday by Army Chief Jen Datuk Seri Abdul Aziz Zainal.

Also present were Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob, Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Malacca Chief Minister Tan Sri Mohd Ali Rustam and Armed Forces Chief Admiral Datuk Seri Mohd Anwar Mohd Nor.

Shortly after his arrival, the Sultan took the salute and inspected a guard-of-honour mounted by three officers and 103 men of the 15th Battalion of the Royal Malay Regiment. He attended a briefing on the operations of the camp by Third Division Commander Mej Jen Datuk Abdullah Babu before being taken on a tour of the camp.

He also watched a demonstration by the paratroopers which included abseiling and free-fall parachuting.

His Majesty ended the official visit to Malaysia after a farewell audience at Istana Negara in Kuala Lumpur yesterday before leaving for home.

Attachments

• MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 284
  • MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 380
  • MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 374
  • MASRI_028.sized.jpg
    MASRI_028.sized.jpg