Royalty of Brunei: News & Photos 2: February-April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alfie said:
Hi! Everyone,

I'm back! Been very busy travelling around the world...Just want to inform you all that the royal wedding of Princess Hamidah (Prince Jefri's oldest daughter) and Pengiran Anak Ali (Princess Masna's third son)...[Yes..yes..their parents are siblings] are on for 17th April 2005 next weekend..It will be a private ceremony like the one of Princess Masna's oldest son Pengiran Anak Wadood last year. I will try and get some photos of the wedding.

welcome back alfie!:) Its nice to have you back. I was wondering what had become of you. I hope you had fun on your travels. It is a luxury indeed. I wish I had the time :(
And thanx for the info about the latest royal wedding. Its too bad its a private wedding. Does that mean there wont be any photos released through the official news agency?

Royalty at BASE prize presentation

The prize presentation for the BASE Science and Technology Week 2005 was held at the International Convention Centre, Berakas yesterday.
Present at the event were HRH Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah and YAM Pengiran Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Rahim.

The ceremony began with welcoming remarks delivered by BASE Vice President, Sukardi bin Suparjan, followed with a speech by guest of honour, Pengiran Datin Paduka Hajah Mariam bte Pengiran Haji Matarsat, Deputy Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Education.

The highlight of the ceremony was the presentation of prizes and certificates to winners of the BASE Science and Technology Week 2005.

Pengiran Anak Raheemah Sanaul Bolkiah bte YAM Pengiran Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Rahim and her classmate Dk Nabilah bte Pg Hafiz won first place in the Best RekaCipta Science BASE for Primary 3 category.

Both also emerged second in the category for Best Presenter in RekaCipta Science BASE for Primary 3.

Prizes were presented for various categories such as BASE 'Secondary Science Teachers' Seminar 2005, 13th BASE National Science Camp 2004, BASE Science Essay Writing Competition 2005, Young Scientists (Entomologist) Badge Awards 2005, Most Participated School, Best Booth Award, Best Ant Farm Award Level 6, Best Young Entomologists for Level 4, 5 & 6 and Rekacipta Science BASE 2005.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,331
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4,392
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4,285
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4,377
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4,322
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4,738
alfie said:
Hi! Everyone,

I'm back! Been very busy travelling around the world...Just want to inform you all that the royal wedding of Princess Hamidah (Prince Jefri's oldest daughter) and Pengiran Anak Ali (Princess Masna's third son)...[Yes..yes..their parents are siblings] are on for 17th April 2005 next weekend..It will be a private ceremony like the one of Princess Masna's oldest son Pengiran Anak Wadood last year. I will try and get some photos of the wedding.

They're first cousins? I didn't know that that was still done...Does anyone have a picture of the two of them? Now I'm curious about these two; usually, I just look for information on the Crown Princess.

Thank you Humera! unfortunately it wasn't a holiday trip :( it was a long work trip..I'm sure there would have some photos in the local newspapers. Today is the 1st functions of the royal wedding (majlis bersuruh), It's when the groom's family will ask the hand in marriage from the bride's family. Sorry I don't have any recent photos of Princess Hamidah but I do have a picture of Pengiran Anak Ali during the Crown Prince's wedding last year. The groom-to-be is an excellent polo player he has won a few competitons in Brunei. I did have a photo of him during the polo matches but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I will try my best looking for more pictures of this royal couple :)

Attachments

• siti ewa3.jpg
    siti ewa3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,209
It's Princess Sarah's 18th Birthday today, 9th April 2005...

Happy birthday to Princess Sarah! :)
I wonder if there are any functions planned?

Queen Saleha gives audience

Attachments

• DSC_0007.sized.jpg
    DSC_0007.sized.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC_0015.sized.jpg
    DSC_0015.sized.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC_0023.sized.jpg
    DSC_0023.sized.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0031.sized.jpg
    DSC_0031.sized.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC_0037.sized.jpg
    DSC_0037.sized.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0041.sized.jpg
    DSC_0041.sized.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC_0044.sized.jpg
    DSC_0044.sized.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0066.sized.jpg
    DSC_0066.sized.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0054.sized.jpg
    DSC_0054.sized.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC_0049.sized.jpg
    DSC_0049.sized.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 272
and some more pics

Attachments

• ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    ARIF_01.sized.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 316
  • ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    ARIF_02.sized.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 586
  • RAFEE_002.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_002.sized.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 333
There are no official functions that I've heard of just yet for crown princess's birthday celebration. However there will be a private party!

Sarah spent the morning of her birthday at Padang kebajikan Berakas as her college had a Sports' Day! She danced in a field performance and her house won the Sports' Day trophy! *feeling disappointed at my former house* grrr!

Oh and the college recently moved to its old (but renovated, refurbished) site, after ten years of occupying another building! Had a look around... so cool! hehe.. It will be Sarah's final year there!...Btw, her AS results weren't published in the same list as the other govt students! Smart move! hahaha but then many speculated she did badly which I don't believe! She's a hardworking girl.

Btw, her AS results weren't published in the same list as the other govt students! Smart move! hahaha but then many speculated she did badly which I don't believe! She's a hardworking girl.

Before Sarah got married, shortly after her engagement was announced, I did a keyword search on her on Google. I found her exam results online - from 2003 or something like that. They were really low - she just managed to get above the 50% marks in most of her subjects. What surprised me most - was her English language results were not much better than her Malay Language results! Maybe like Princess Diana - she's not academically gifted.

Dang Ayah said:
Sarah spent the morning of her birthday at Padang kebajikan Berakas as her college had a Sports' Day! She danced in a field performance and her house won the Sports' Day trophy! *feeling disappointed at my former house* grrr!

Oh and the college recently moved to its old (but renovated, refurbished) site, after ten years of occupying another building! Had a look around... so cool! hehe.. It will be Sarah's final year there!...Btw, her AS results weren't published in the same list as the other govt students! Smart move! hahaha but then many speculated she did badly which I don't believe! She's a hardworking girl.

Thats quite some info Dang Ayah. Hope it was fun for hrh . If you could, it would be great to see some pictures.

Do know if Sarah's planning for further studies like university?

Before Sarah got married, shortly after her engagement was announced, I did a keyword search on her on Google. I found her exam results online - from 2003 or something like that. They were really low - she just managed to get above the 50% marks in most of her subjects. What surprised me most - was her English language results were not much better than her Malay Language results! Maybe like Princess Diana - she's not academically gifted.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think that was her mid-year examinations! WOW! mid-years were always difficult for most of us who had extra-curricular responsibilities because that was the time where our schedule would be packed with competitions. Sarah, by then was already involved with the college's basketball team and also the national team too if I'm not mistaken! But, as August approaches, then our number of activities lessens, and we can afford to revise well for our big exams, which is usually in October/November.

Dang Ayah said:
Before Sarah got married, shortly after her engagement was announced, I did a keyword search on her on Google. I found her exam results online - from 2003 or something like that. They were really low - she just managed to get above the 50% marks in most of her subjects. What surprised me most - was her English language results were not much better than her Malay Language results! Maybe like Princess Diana - she's not academically gifted.

Yea, I think that was her mid-year examinations! WOW! mid-years were always difficult for most of us who had extra-curricular responsibilities because that was the time where our schedule would be packed with competitions. Sarah, by then was already involved with the college's basketball team and also the national team too if I'm not mistaken! But, as August approaches, then our number of activities lessens, and we can afford to revise well for our big exams, which is usually in October/November.[/QUOTE]

Dang Ayah, I am not sure why they would post mid results only.

I also did a google search on Sarah's results and the O levels grades were as what Zina said. In fact it seems that the Bruneian's Ministry of Education posted the entire nation's O levels results of students from EVERY SCHOOL including Sarah's school. Sarah didn't pass her Additional Mathematics and scored only 7 credits. Well, for someone that status, Sarah's hardly need to worry about grades and livelihood. If anything, academic achievements would be a personal pursuit. I think HRH Sarah's strength lie somewhere else and maybe not academically.

Was Sarah also on the School's debating team or something?

Dang Ayah said:

Yea, I think that was her mid-year examinations! WOW! mid-years were always difficult for most of us who had extra-curricular responsibilities because that was the time where our schedule would be packed with competitions. Sarah, by then was already involved with the college's basketball team and also the national team too if I'm not mistaken! But, as August approaches, then our number of activities lessens, and we can afford to revise well for our big exams, which is usually in October/November.[/QUOTE]

Yes I think especially now that she's Crown Princess, Sarah doesnt have to worry so much about her grades. If she doesnt want to continue her studies that is. But if she does, than Im sure she'll have to maintain a good academic standing.
Ofourse not everyone is academically inclined. Like the late Princess Diana who didnt have a higher education and it doesnt look like she intended to either.
CP Sarah certainly seems to be one of those who are more into sports and extracurricular activities.

Princesses Rashidah & Majeedah attend a convocation

Attachments

• HALIM002.sized.jpg
    HALIM002.sized.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 293
  • HALIM004.sized.jpg
    HALIM004.sized.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 338
  • HALIM005.sized.jpg
    HALIM005.sized.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 245
  • HALIM008.sized.jpg
    HALIM008.sized.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,569
  • HALIM009.sized.jpg
    HALIM009.sized.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 402
  • HALIM010.sized.jpg
    HALIM010.sized.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,784
  • ZUL_IZZI_0004.sized.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_0004.sized.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 291
Queen Saleha

Attachments

• ZUL_IZZI_003.sized.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_003.sized.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 281
  • ZUL_IZZI_002.sized.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_002.sized.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 283
  • ZUL_IZZI_001.sized.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_001.sized.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 316
  • HALIM003.sized.jpg
    HALIM003.sized.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 320
  • HALIM004.sized.jpg
    HALIM004.sized.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 279
  • HALIM001.sized.jpg
    HALIM001.sized.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 615
  • HALIM002.sized.jpg
    HALIM002.sized.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 236
http://www.brunei-online.com/sunday/news/apr10s2.htm

Here's an article about the college's sports day!
I made a mistake of saying Sarah's house won the sports trophy, they instead won the best team for March Past. In fact, her house have been winning the March Past for the past six years! In 1998, the Sports day had to be held indoors due to the Haze!

Royal Wedding 17.04.2005

Here are some photos of the royal wedding between YAM Pengiran Anak Hamidah & YAM Pengiran Anak Ali (short forms only hehe) I also attended the wedding yesterday. It was a beautiful ceremony the royal bride was very beautiful as well as the royal groom was handsome in their matching merun red wedding attire. Princess Sarah wore yellow very beautiful as usual :)

Attachments

• p.a.ali & p.a.hamidah wedding.jpg
    p.a.ali & p.a.hamidah wedding.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 10,011
  • raja isteri.jpg
    raja isteri.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 4,107
  • crown prince & princess.jpg
    crown prince & princess.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 4,139
  • princess masna & hubby.jpg
    princess masna & hubby.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3,965
  • queen & sister.jpg
    queen & sister.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 4,134
  • prince sufri & wife.jpg
    prince sufri & wife.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 6,602
  • prince mateen & prince malikl.jpg
    prince mateen & prince malikl.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 5,605
thanx for the pics alfie!
Im still hoping that the official news agency will have bigger pics.
btw...the groom is Prince Sufri's son right? from his first wife?

You most welcome Hummera! no, the royal groom is Princess Masna's 3rd son. The royal bride's mother( not wearing a head scarf) is in both of the pictures greeting Queen Saleha. Unfortunately & sadly the royal bride's father could not attend the wedding. But there will be another royal wedding reception in London which he will attend.

Attachments

• princess masna & queen.jpg
    princess masna & queen.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,774
  • queen & pengiran anak isteri pengiran norhayati2.jpg
    queen & pengiran anak isteri pengiran norhayati2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,780
  • queen & pengiran anak isteri pengiran norhayati.jpg
    queen & pengiran anak isteri pengiran norhayati.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,930
  • royal wedding 17.04.05 p.a.ali & p.a.hamidah.jpg
    royal wedding 17.04.05 p.a.ali & p.a.hamidah.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,944
alfie said:
You most welcome Hummera! no, the royal groom is Princess Masna's 3rd son. The royal bride's mother( not wearing a head scarf) is in both of the pictures greeting Queen Saleha. Unfortunately & sadly the royal bride's father could not attend the wedding. But there will be another royal wedding reception in London which he will attend.

oh yes I forgot. I got confused between Prince Sufri and Jefri.
The bride's father is Jefri right?
Im dying to see bigger pics of all the jewels and the clothing!
I guess the sultan's kids in London will also attend the reception.

alfie said:

The Sultan didnt attend either. Arent the second set of photos off the tv? I watched the news last night, they look the same.

I found some more pics

Attachments

• 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,211
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,246
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,649
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,079
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 7,837
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,906
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,310
  • 2c.jpg
    2c.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 734
  • 2d.jpg
    2d.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,931
  • 2e.jpg
    2e.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,881
Thanks! Humera :) Their are better photos. Yes Sultan and Prince Mohammad did not attend the royal wedding. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures myself because I didn't recharge my digital camera, sorry :eek: But we did take pictures with the royal couple after the ceremony and in the evening too. Those pictures aren't ready yet. I'll post them when they done. ;) This weekend in Empire Theatre there will be one of the first wedding reception for the royal couple.

Yes! the royal bride's father is Prince Jefri. I think so they will also attend the wedding reception including Sultan's 2nd daughter with Queen Saleha.

I found some more photos...

Attachments

• media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,872
  • media2.jpg
    media2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,896
  • media3.jpg
    media3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,354
  • media4.jpg
    media4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,991
  • media5.jpg
    media5.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,878
  • media6.jpg
    media6.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,850
  • media7.jpg
    media7.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,857
Princess Hamidah looks alot like her mother, and her husband resembles Prince Mohammad, but a younger version.

Princess Azemah and Prince Azim (behind model Eva Herzigova) at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara ball, 2004

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 3,119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom