Royalty of Brunei: News & Photos 2: February-April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Princess looking glamorous in red and black.

Attachments

• MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 329
  • MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 395
  • MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 419
  • MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 374
  • MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 356
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 475
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 521
  • MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 438
  • MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 365
Thanks for all the great photos Humera. Sarah looks great, but I think she should dress more casually when she's outside touring the Park or walking around the City. She looks like she just stepped out of the Palace, in all her finery and jewellery . I'm sure she must have been very hot while walking around outside in her long clothes and head scarf. She should dress to suit the occasion, like other royalty from around the world do. But Sarah tends to just wear the same style dresses for every occasion, whether indoors or outdoors. This must be due to protocol from the Brunei religious authorities.

I must say though, that black and red outfit Sarah wore to dinner, is unlike any other local , Bruneian design, as I've never seen anything like it! Looks like some sort of Halloween costume to me - absolutely ghastly. It's just my personal opinion and I don't want to cause offence. But that red is not like the red she's worn before..it's horrible:eek: And what's with the skirt - black and red pleats? Tasteless! Prince Sufrii's wife could give Sarah some tips on clothes.

Zina said:
Thanks for all the great photos Humera. Sarah looks great, but I think she should dress more casually when she's outside touring the Park or walking around the City. She looks like she just stepped out of the Palace, in all her finery and jewellery . I'm sure she must have been very hot while walking around outside in her long clothes and head scarf. She should dress to suit the occasion, like other royalty from around the world do. But Sarah tends to just wear the same style dresses for every occasion, whether indoors or outdoors. This must be due to protocol from the Brunei religious authorities.

I must say though, that black and red outfit Sarah wore to dinner, is unlike any other local , Bruneian design, as I've never seen anything like it! Looks like some sort of Halloween costume to me - absolutely ghastly. It's just my personal opinion and I don't want to cause offence. But that red is not like the red she's worn before..it's horrible:eek: And what's with the skirt - black and red pleats? Tasteless! Prince Sufrii's wife could give Sarah some tips on clothes.

Yes I was shocked by the skirt too. Perhaps its an attempt by her to find her own unique style? But since she's still so young and only beginning to experiment, I wouldn't be too harsh on her. The black looks good on her though.
I do agree that her outfits for outdoor events were too formal. She could've chosen to wear simple jeans and a shirt without the headscarf like she does at informal and even semi-formal events in Brunei. But like you said, I think it has to do with protocol, which must especially be observed on an official visit abroad.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Yes I was shocked by the skirt too. Perhaps its an attempt by her to find her own unique style? But since she's still so young and only beginning to experiment, I wouldn't be too harsh on her. The black looks good on her though.
I do agree that her outfits for outdoor events were too formal. She could've chosen to wear simple jeans and a shirt without the headscarf like she does at informal and even semi-formal events in Brunei. But like you said, I think it has to do with protocol, which must especially be observed on an official visit abroad.

Everybody makes fashion faux pax once in while, royalty is no exception. I do hope Sarah will develop her own style which is simple and elegant, like Sufri's wife..not too fancy. With her good looks, she need not over-do it with her dress. Brunei royal ladies do tend to look over colorful and un-coordinated in their dress. But Sarah, with her commoner background , I'm sure has a better idea of what is tacky and what's not. Perhaps that red and black outfit was chosen by someone for her, and she had no choice.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The Crown Prince and Princess visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens

Hey, really like Princess Sarah smiling so heartily, a rare sight to catch ehr pearlies. :p She must be really enjoying herself alot.

Zina said:
Everybody makes fashion faux pax once in while, royalty is no exception. I do hope Sarah will develop her own style which is simple and elegant, like Sufri's wife..not too fancy. With her good looks, she need not over-do it with her dress. Brunei royal ladies do tend to look over colorful and un-coordinated in their dress. But Sarah, with her commoner background , I'm sure has a better idea of what is tacky and what's not. Perhaps that red and black outfit was chosen by someone for her, and she had no choice.

yes you're right. Prince Sufri's wife is very elegant.
Here's CP Sarah dressed more appropriately, though she did manage to seek in a few diamonds;)

March 11, visiting the Singapore Sports School.

Attachments

• MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 447
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 315
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 317
  • MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    MASRI_005.sized.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 275
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 265
  • MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    MASRI_008.sized.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 253
  • MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    MASRI_009.sized.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 275
  • MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    MASRI_010.sized.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 310
more pictures from the visit to the Singapore Sports School

Attachments

• MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    MASRI_011.sized.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 275
  • MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    MASRI_012.sized.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 341
  • MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    MASRI_013.sized.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 321
  • MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    MASRI_014.sized.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 274
  • MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    MASRI_015.sized.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 473
  • MASRI_016.sized.jpg
    MASRI_016.sized.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 232
  • MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    MASRI_017.sized.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 240
  • MASRI_018.sized.jpg
    MASRI_018.sized.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 254
March 11-The CP visits the Technological University in Singapore. He's accompanied by Prince Qawi. I sense that Princess Majeedah's engagment might be announced soon...

Attachments

• HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 315
  • HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 327
  • HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 374
  • HARUN_03.sized.jpg
    HARUN_03.sized.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 231
  • HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 211
  • HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 236
CP visits the Caldecott Broadcast Centre

Attachments

• HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 318
  • HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 229
  • HARUN_10.sized.jpg
    HARUN_10.sized.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 306
  • HARUN_13.sized.jpg
    HARUN_13.sized.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 303
  • HARUN_14.sized.jpg
    HARUN_14.sized.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 208
  • HARUN_15.sized.jpg
    HARUN_15.sized.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 218
  • HARUN_27.sized.jpg
    HARUN_27.sized.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 248
  • HARUN_25.sized.jpg
    HARUN_25.sized.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 314
  • HARUN_23.sized.jpg
    HARUN_23.sized.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 240
  • HARUN_21.sized.jpg
    HARUN_21.sized.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 230
More pictures of the CP in Singapore

Attachments

• HARUN_16.sized.jpg
    HARUN_16.sized.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 224
  • HARUN_15.sized.jpg
    HARUN_15.sized.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 322
  • HARUN_14.sized.jpg
    HARUN_14.sized.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 250
  • HARUN_13.sized.jpg
    HARUN_13.sized.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 226
  • HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 216
  • HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 338
  • HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 226
  • HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 239
  • HARUN_19.sized.jpg
    HARUN_19.sized.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 215
  • HARUN_20.sized.jpg
    HARUN_20.sized.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 217
March 12- Crown Prince and Princess visit a local stadium

Attachments

• HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 303
  • HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 356
  • HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 402
  • HARUN_07.sized.jpg
    HARUN_07.sized.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 311
  • HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 589
  • HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 375
Nice pictures, Humera..I love Sarah in that pants & jacket suit, she looks so much smarter. And it is refreshing to see her not wearing the headscarf at the stadium visit.

Sarah's skin is so snow-white! I thought the Crown Prince & Qawi were fair, but Sarah is so much more fairer skinned! Despite that, her face and the Crown Prince's face are quite similar in features..wide faced, big eyes, and similar nose and smile...they could almost be brother and sister, they look so much alike:)

Yes that suit was very nice Zina. Sarah looked much thinner in it too. Maybe she has lost the few pounds she gained after her wedding.

I believe the couple has now wrapped up their visit to Singapore. Here's some pictures

Attachments

• MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    MASRI_001.sized.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 264
  • MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    MASRI_007.sized.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 244
  • MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    MASRI_006.sized.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 434
  • MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    MASRI_004.sized.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 307
  • MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    MASRI_003.sized.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 273
  • MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    MASRI_002.sized.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
March 13- The CP and other members of the royal family at a Hassanal Bolkiah Trophy event.

Attachments

• RAFEE_09.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_09.sized.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 248
  • RAFEE_05.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_05.sized.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 270
  • RAFEE_01.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_01.sized.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC_5471.sized.jpg
    DSC_5471.sized.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC_5399.sized.jpg
    DSC_5399.sized.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 265
  • ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    ARIF_05.sized.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 269
  • ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    ARIF_04.sized.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC_5441.sized.jpg
    DSC_5441.sized.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 386
Reina said:
She looks bored as heck

i dont think she's bored, just tired. Its been a long visit but if you look at all the other pictures, she looks like she has enjoyed it immensely. I think she visited more places and met more people than the crown prince himself.

Before She Was Royal

I thought I would upload this old photo of P.I Sarah . It was going around the country, via email, shortly before the engagement was announced. I suppose that people outside the region would not have seen this yet..so enjoy.

Attachments

• Sarah.jpg
    Sarah.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,321
you know the crown prince is ugly and spoiled. the crown princess is real young

Hello to one and all... As a Bruneian, I am a bit surprised at seeing the reactions and comments of people from all over the world regarding the Bruneian royal family. It is true they have lots of money but once they go about their daily business, they try to be as modest as they can...

Hehe, there was a post where one member asked abt the identity of PAP Masna's son and daughter-in-law... I see that it was answered and might I add a little more facts to that. PA Haji Abdul Wadood's wife's full name is Pengiran Seti Aminah Binti Pengiran Othman. The two met during a choir session Mena (P.S. Aminah's self-given nickname!) was having in preparation for a performance for Maktab Sains Student Reunion where P.A. Wadood was part of the committee!.( I'll post a picture of us in the choir nxt time) and you should know something a little more interesting... Mena was in the same batch as Wadood's youngest brother, P.A. Hj Abdul Qudduus and was also in the same class for 2 years...in Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan.

Mena attended her upper sixth form until the end of its first term before getting married to Wadood. She was in the same house with PAIPA Sarah the yellow Hulubalang. Sarah was the captain of her house's team in last year's interhouse basketball tourney and I did accidentally made a quiet offence against her in defence! oops! shh.. anyways that was before the big engagement announcement! *SHOCK* But our team lost... hehehe... THANK GOD! (my teammates would be furious if they hear me say this!)

Hahahaha...

And there was another incident which made my whole class laughed... there was a contingent of youth athletes from S'pore who were visiting our school! They were brought to our class and were introduced to Qudduus... and our Malay teacher politely asked him to go to the front and introduced himself to them. So the S'porean athletes just suddenly took out their cameras and aligned themselves beside him and started snapping away! and also asking for autographs! And the rest of us were left trying to digest what was going on and when we got the idea... we just laughed... I mean what a place to take pictures in... A dark corner class and the messy whiteboard as the background! We were glad our Malay class session was interrupted that day anyway! hahahaha...I'm not sure what duus felt after that though!!!

I hope you enjoyed what I had to tell... I might scan some school mag pics of Sarah and Mena and other princes and princesses and royalties from our school!...But I should warn you... we look geeky in those pics! (maybe its the uniform!) hehehe

Cheeers!

P/s: I am not a royalty...although there are speculations we might descend from people who worked in the palace! That's because we came from a village in the Kampong Ayer where its people used to work there!!!

Hi Dang Ayah, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing with us .:) It's a rare privilege to hear personal stories from people who know Sarah and the other royals. Looking forward to your pictures and more stories - Cheers!

Zina said:
Nice pictures, Humera..I love Sarah in that pants & jacket suit, she looks so much smarter. And it is refreshing to see her not wearing the headscarf at the stadium visit.

Sarah's skin is so snow-white! I thought the Crown Prince & Qawi were fair, but Sarah is so much more fairer skinned! Despite that, her face and the Crown Prince's face are quite similar in features..wide faced, big eyes, and similar nose and smile...they could almost be brother and sister, they look so much alike:)
Are you kidding. Crown Prince has a pair of dead fish eyes inherented from his mother that is not very attractive, while Sarah has a good pair of large eyes due to her european heritage. Everytime I see the picture of Crown Prince, I just see his eyes and not in a good way. I thought the children all inhereted their mother's traits more than father's who is actually a more attractive one in the family.

MS choir pics w/ Mena...

Here's some pictures of the MS(Maktab Sains) Reunion in 2003:

1. Mena is singing soprano. Front row. 8th from left w/ bulging side pocket (She might have forgotten to take out her stuffs before the show!) Wadood looks on.:)

2. Choir still singing as Wadood chats with the Crown Prince.

3. Some of the choir members with Mena in the bus en route to Jerudong Park Polo Club (the venue)!

College Song:
Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan
Gedung ilmu pengetahuan
Lambang kemajuan watan
Brunei Darussalam

Di sini pelajar bersatu padu
Dari desa dan kota
Membentuk peribadi
Mengasuh fikiran
Berkorban dan berjaya
Bersinar berbakti
Selama-lamanya
Ke seluruh negara

Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan
Gedung ilmu pengetahuan
Lambang kemajuan watan
Brunei Darussalam

Di sini pelajar bersatu padu
Dari desa dan kota
Membentuk peribadi
Mengasuh fikiran
Berkorban dan berjaya
Lambang EXCELSIOR
mesti dijaga
Brunei maju jaya...

Attachments

• choirjppc1.jpg
    choirjppc1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 630
  • choirjppc2.jpg
    choirjppc2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 463
  • choirbus1.jpg
    choirbus1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 699
lori said:
Are you kidding. Crown Prince has a pair of dead fish eyes inherented from his mother that is not very attractive, while Sarah has a good pair of large eyes due to her european heritage. Everytime I see the picture of Crown Prince, I just see his eyes and not in a good way. I thought the children all inhereted their mother's traits more than father's who is actually a more attractive one in the family.

Nope, I meant it seriously. If you look back on some of the Sarah/Billah pictures from "Curahin Kasih" in the previous Brunei Royalty threads - you can see the similarities. Eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth are all same size and shape. Both of them have round faces. Their smiles are the same. I think they are a perfect match! It is said that people who look alike, do tend to fall for one another. I agree though that she has nicer eyes.

Lots of people here in Brunei did note that P.I Sarah resembles the Crown Prince's sister, Hafizah. Especially in the first official photos of Sarah and her prince dressed in blue. Although Sarah is much prettier than Hafizah.

lori said:

I do think that the CP's eyes are a little too round. But I have to disagree about Sarah's eyes. They're not large. Atleast not what I consider large. My idea of big, beautiful eyes are the kind that Queen Rania has, almond-shaped eyes like hers are universally considered the best. A lot of south asians and middle-easterners have eyes like that. But I suppose people from different regions have different perspectives about that sort of thing.
As for the Sultan's kids, I think that his children from his second wife are better looking. Princess Azemah is very pretty, infact I think that she's the Sultan's prettiest daughter. As for Queen Saleha's daughters, I think that Princess Majeedah is the most attractive.

Dang Ayah said:
Hello to one and all... As a Bruneian, I am a bit surprised at seeing the reactions and comments of people from all over the world regarding the Bruneian royal family. It is true they have lots of money but once they go about their daily business, they try to be as modest as they can...

welcome to TRF Dang Ayah and thanx for sharing your informative comments. Im sure your unique perspective on the Bruneian royals will be greatly appreciated. I hope you'll be around to participate in this thread and others about the royal family (ie. in the jewellery forum)

March 19, 2005

Attachments

• HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    HARUN_08.sized.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 400
  • HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    HARUN_09.sized.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 960
  • HARUN_07.sized.jpg
    HARUN_07.sized.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 333
  • HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 300
  • HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 431
Pengiran Anak Isteri Sarah graces RBA’s charity netball tournament

March 20, 2005
Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah binti Pengiran Salleh Ab Rahaman has consented to attend the final match of a netball tournament organised by the Royal Brunei Airlines. The three-day charity tournament was organised to raise money for the fund of Tsunami Victims.
On arrival at the Indoor Stadium of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas, Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri was greeted by the wife of the Chairman of Royal Brunei Airlines, Datin Hajah Rosnah and the Chairlady of the organising committee, Dayangku Halizah binti Pengiran Mat Jair.
Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri then was introduced to the managers of the team who were taking part in the tournament.Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri consented to watch the final match between the Jade One team and the Blunette team. Twenty one teams took part in the charity game. The proceeds from the tournament will go to the Tsunami Victims Fund. Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri consented to present prizes to the winners.
Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri also presented a cheque of two thousand and one hundred dollars to the Director of the Community Development, Datin Hajah Adina Haji Othman, who's also Secretary of the Tsunami Disaster Relief Fund.
Radio Television Brunei

Attachments

• HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 375
  • HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 324
  • HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 352
  • HARUN_06.sized.jpg