Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisa

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
The Sultan has reportedly shelled out £5 million (around 9 million dollars!) on 12 Rolls Royce. The Sultan is quite generous though, as half will go to his brother Prince Jefri.

HELLO article

The Sultanate must have recovered from the Amadeo scandal. Free spending times are here again. I suppose that the people of Brunei must have a very high standard of living compared to other nations of Southeast Asia.

You mentioned P. Jefri. I thought the Brunei Royal family tried to distance itself from him because of the Amadeo financial scandal?

I was discussing this on another board today. Not only does it sound incredibly tacky, but such consumption is, IMO, really, truly disgusting, particularly for a leader.

S

Yes we Bruneians sadly do have high standard of living :blush: . and Prince Jefri, well he is famuly no matter what, and he is the favourite brother.

Sean you think The Sultan spends alot thats nothing compared to His wife Raja Isteri

Originally posted by Titania@Jan 30th, 2004 - 8:21 am
Yes we Bruneians sadly do have high standard of living :blush: . and Prince Jefri, well he is famuly no matter what, and he is the favourite brother.

Sean you think The Sultan spends alot thats nothing compared to His wife Raja Isteri
It's 'his' money she's spending. And he is the one spending on things like palaces, cars, etc. So much money and opportunity squandered, AFAIC.

I THOUGHT HE AND HIS WIFE WERE GETTING A DIVORCE? SHE IS THE ONE WHO USE TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT RIGHT?

he had two wives...he recently divorced his 2nd wife, the once upon a time flight attendant. at this point i dont mind replacing her haha. any dishy stories on the sultan's eldest son, muhtadibillah? i think that's his name, pls correct me if i'm wrong. cheers!

Oh yesss...any news on Sultan's son, Muhtadee Billah? I heard he's been showing off his girlfriend during the Eid festivities...any truth to this...Hai Nadia...it's you right,Nai!

Originally posted by mya@Jan 31st, 2004 - 7:50 pm
I THOUGHT HE AND HIS WIFE WERE GETTING A DIVORCE? SHE IS THE ONE WHO USE TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT RIGHT?
He divorced Princess Mariam, who was his 2nd wife. Rajah Isteri (Queen) Saleh is still married to the Sultan. Saleh, unlike Mariam, is of royal birth.

Sean .~

shasha,
sheesh woman, do u keep a leash on these things??? hee hee, yerp it's me your luvly nai. so, who's the 'unfortunate' girl and where was muhtadee billah flaunting her? :woot: by the way, what was that nick we gave him? teddy? ted? dee dee? :p

Not to point out the obvious but why is this in the Middle Eastern Royalty forum?

Originally posted by Sean.~+Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:30 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:30 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Titania@Jan 30th, 2004 - 8:21 am
Yes we Bruneians sadly do have high standard of living  :blush: . and Prince Jefri, well he is famuly no matter what, and he is the favourite brother.

It's 'his' money she's spending. And he is the one spending on things like palaces, cars, etc. So much money and opportunity squandered, AFAIC. [/b][/quote]
sean if i wer u i would be worried if its my money that they are spending! You know what it seems that you are on watch with royal spending, is it because you envy them? the best thing that you should do sean is enjoy reading and not commenting with issues that doesnt concern you! my advice to you is that you mind your own business!

Originally posted by jedski26+Feb 14th, 2004 - 3:08 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jedski26 @ Feb 14th, 2004 - 3:08 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:30 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Titania
@Jan 30th, 2004 - 8:21 am
Yes we Bruneians sadly do have high standard of living  :blush: . and Prince Jefri, well he is famuly no matter what, and he is the favourite brother.

It's 'his' money she's spending. And he is the one spending on things like palaces, cars, etc. So much money and opportunity squandered, AFAIC.
sean if i wer u i would be worried if its my money that they thing that you should do sean is enjoy reading and not commenting with issues that doesnt concern you! my advice to you is that you mind your own business!are spending! You know what it seems that you are on watch with royal spending, is it because you envy them? the bestthing that you should do sean is enjoy reading and not commenting with issues that doesnt concern you! my advice to you is that you mind your own business! [/b][/quote]
Um, excuse me, but you have no right whatsover to tell me or anyone one else as to what they can or should comment on. This is a discussion forum (look up the meaning), where people are free to discuss what they want about royals and royalty related subjects. What are you going to do, send the Jordanian Intelligence Services after everyone whose comments you don't like? This isn't Jordan, where freedom of speech is limited. In any case, no one is forcing you to read anything (and I didn't start this thread).

And no, to answer your rather silly question, I'm not envious of demagogues and dictators. Nor am I envious of those who have the misfortune of living under them. Furthermore, since you thought it appropriate to dispense 'advice' to me, I feel compelled to return to favour. Thus, my advice to you is to learn to respect divergent perspectives and to learn how to responded to arguments with substantive arguments and analysis (rather than basically telling people to shut-up because you don't like what they have to say). It's the only way you will be able to influence peoples' thinking and opinions. Also, work on treating other members with more respect, and perhaps work on your writing skills so that you make more sense in future and don't come across in the manner in which you did.

Finally, in response to your last sentence, be advised that the global poltical affairs and economic development and finance issues are actually my business (literally). Moreover, in today's 'globalized' world, "issues" and events that take place in different areas of the world are no longer confined to national and regional boundaries. Things like poverty, terrorism (which often feeds on the former), environmental degredation, weapons proliferation, struggles for national deterination, trade, unequal distribution of resources, etc. etc. have consequences that affect all of us. Thus, as far as I'm concerned, it is everyones responsibility to speak up when they feel necesssary in order hold world leaders to account. It's obvious from your posts you're from a politcal culture which teaches to simply accept the status quo and not to ask critical and broader questions.

A reminder to please not attack another member's opinion or even for having an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sharing it here, whether you agree with it or not. If you disagree and choose to post a reply expressing such, please be civil about it rather than attack a member(s) for their opinions.

Thank you.

Alexandria

Originally posted by jedski26+Feb 14th, 2004 - 3:08 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jedski26 @ Feb 14th, 2004 - 3:08 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:30 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Titania
@Jan 30th, 2004 - 8:21 am

sean if i wer u i would be worried if its my money that they are spending! You know what it seems that you are on watch with royal spending, is it because you envy them? the best thing that you should do sean is enjoy reading and not commenting with issues that doesnt concern you! my advice to you is that you mind your own business! [/b][/quote]
Royals spend our money that is why their business is our business.

pardon me...correct me if i'm wrong, but the last time i checked, morocco's still a northwest african country...so what's that got to do with the ME? it's just probably a mix up with the discussions being mostly about muslim royalties,leaders etc. so don't blame it on somebody's poor geographical bearings :huh: cheers!

hallo ;)
i heard he is going to get married this year (maybe have to marry). some believe it is his cousin, princess hamidah and others believe it is his commoner girlfriend. i think the name of his commoner girlfriend is emily steward. maybe someone has pictures of her? does someone know something about this upcoming wedding?

258cde  Posted: Apr 21st, 2004 - 5:26 pm
Maroco is not ME
Pardon me .... I take it Maroco is Morocco (different spelling in different countries).
and ME is the Middle East ?

Mind you, in the USA, ME is short for Maine. :)

(And imho ME is me, the quintessence of my persona)

Hi Sean! Do you have more informations or pictures about this wedding?
Thanks

Originally posted by Duke@May 16th, 2004 - 1:25 am
Hi Sean! Do you have more informations or pictures about this wedding?
Thanks
Hi there,

The wedding doesn't take place until Sept, so no, I don't have any pictures yet Hopefully there will be lots when the time comes :)) I've given the link to an article though, and will post any additional information I come across.

Take care,

Sean

how old is the crown prince?
im afraid the link isn't working.
seventeen is pretty young for a girl though.
I wonder if this is the same prince who apparentely gave an extravagant gift to Mariah Carey a couple of months ago...i forget what it was, a piece of jewellery i think.
I also remember watching something on tv about members of the royal family of Brunei shipping beautiful women from the US to one of their palaces and taking them on shopping sprees. That family sounds quite corrupt. The prince isn't much to look at either. I hope the poor girl knows what she's getting into.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@May 16th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
I wonder if this is the same prince who apparentely gave an extravagant gift to Mariah Carey a couple of months ago...i forget what it was, a piece of jewellery i think.
I also remember watching something on tv about members of the royal family of Brunei shipping beautiful women from the US to one of their palaces and taking them on shopping sprees. That family sounds quite corrupt. The prince isn't much to look at either. I hope the poor girl knows what she's getting into.
Corrupt and, IMO, guilty of extremely bad taste. They seem to prefer a style that I refer to as "Louis-Farouk". No doubt this wedding will be quite the Louis Farouk event, with the Golden Rolls Royce Chariot being brought out, as well as the newely ordered diamond encursted cars . Tacky.

The Crown Prince is 30 years of age.

Originally posted by Sean.~+May 16th, 2004 - 6:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 16th, 2004 - 6:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@May 16th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
Corrupt and, IMO, guilty of extremely bad taste. They seem to prefer a style that I refer to as "Louis-Farouk". No doubt this wedding will be quite the Louis Farouk event, with the Golden Rolls Royce Chariot being brought out, as well as the newely ordered diamond encursted cars . Tacky.

The Crown Prince is 30 years of age. [/b][/quote]
The marriage is probably arranged. The CP is getting older and it will be hard to find a virgin in his age group. So the Brunei courtiers have found a school girl for him to marry. I'm not really impressed with CP Mutahdee. He comes across like a dolt to me.

hi Ephram,

i would like to know some things about brunei royalty.

1) how many wives do prince jeffri, mohammed and sufri have?
2) do the wives of these princes receive princess titles?
3) i noticed that prince jeffri did not attend the wedding? does he still participate in royal duties?
4) who is prince sufri's wife? she is very beautiful? also, i would like to know why she does not wear the cloth to cover her head?
5) i'm also very curious as to why the sultan divorced his second wife. do you have any thoughts about this?

thank you Ephram!

cutie said:
hi Ephram,

i would like to know some things about brunei royalty.

1) how many wives do prince jeffri, mohammed and sufri have?
2) do the wives of these princes receive princess titles?
3) i noticed that prince jeffri did not attend the wedding? does he still participate in royal duties?
4) who is prince sufri's wife? she is very beautiful? also, i would like to know why she does not wear the cloth to cover her head?
5) i'm also very curious as to why the sultan divorced his second wife. do you have any thoughts about this?

thank you Ephram!
Prince Jefri, at last count, has four wives. He has 17 natural children, and 18 adopted.
Prince MOhammed has one wife and has had only one wife. They've been married about 33 years.
The Sultan had two wives but divorced the younger wife in 2003, Princess Mariam. She is the mother of the current second in line to the throne, Prince Abdul Azim. I mean, she should have seen his ways; a year after she had Prince Abdul Azim, Queen Saleha gave birth to Prince Abdul Malik, who is my Bruneian prince.

I agree, Prince Sufri's wife is very pretty. I notice that she does not wear a head covering like the rest of the Brunei royal women. I think Princess Sarah, P. Al-Muhtadee Billah's wife, looks far better without the headcovering. She too is a beautiful young lady.

By the way, what illness does Prince Sufri have that causes him to have so many large bumps and lumps on his skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom