Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very welcome Minnie and Zina:)
Im glad you liked the honeymoon pics as much as I did.

more pics from the state visit to singapore

Attachments

• ARIF_03.jpg
    ARIF_03.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 275
  • ARIF_04.jpg
    ARIF_04.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 405
  • ARIF_09.jpg
    ARIF_09.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 220
  • ARIF_02.jpg
    ARIF_02.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 342
the Sultan recieving an honorary degree

Attachments

• HARUN_014.jpg
    HARUN_014.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 499
  • HARUN_016.jpg
    HARUN_016.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 268
  • HARUN_009.jpg
    HARUN_009.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 379
  • HARUN_006.jpg
    HARUN_006.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 376
  • HARUN_005.jpg
    HARUN_005.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 517
  • HARUN_004.jpg
    HARUN_004.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 343
  • ARIF_07.jpg
    ARIF_07.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 321
  • ARIF_06.jpg
    ARIF_06.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 330
  • ARIF_05.jpg
    ARIF_05.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 299
  • ARIF_01s.jpg
    ARIF_01s.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
and more......

Attachments

• HARUN_023.jpg
    HARUN_023.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 329
  • HARUN_026.jpg
    HARUN_026.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 255
  • HARUN_028.jpg
    HARUN_028.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 402
  • HARUN_029.jpg
    HARUN_029.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 253
  • HARUN_030.jpg
    HARUN_030.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 250
  • HARUN_031.jpg
    HARUN_031.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 247
and finally.....

Attachments

• HARUN_08.jpg
    HARUN_08.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 264
  • HARUN_09.jpg
    HARUN_09.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 325
  • HARUN_07.jpg
    HARUN_07.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 458
  • HARUN_04.jpg
    HARUN_04.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 414
  • HARUN_03.jpg
    HARUN_03.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 311
  • ARIF_09.jpg
    ARIF_09.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 378
  • ARIF_07.jpg
    ARIF_07.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 219
  • ARIF_05.jpg
    ARIF_05.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 217
  • ARIF_02.jpg
    ARIF_02.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 228
  • HARUN_01.jpg
    HARUN_01.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 325
I notice P. Abdul Mateen always looks so serious in public outings. He must have alot on his mind.

I think P. Sarah's choice of outfit in the final group of pictures was not good. Those two pieces don't match at all. Stripes and florals together are never good.

IS P. Sarah permitted to speak? But she is only 17 so she must be bored out of her mind. I kind of feel a bit sorry for her cuz she could be doing normal things that 17 year olds do. But I think she is happy still though. But I do see why her mom would be concerned.

Princess Sarah gets to do most things girls of her age do. She goes to school, she goes out to gyms, concerts etc. But she is the Crown Princess. Going for state visits abroad is part of her job. Granted she's a bit too young but not much younger than some other royal ladies ie. the late Princess Diana when she got married.
Princess Sarah should be almost 18 now...i dont know when her b'day is.

kinneret5764 said:
Her b-day is in April. Not sure of the exact day.

Princess Sarah 18th Birthday is on the 9th of April 2005. I think Princess Sarah is doing a great job as Crown Princess. She certainly can hold up a conversation with Crown Prince of Japan during her royal wedding and other diplomatic and royal families from other countries. I'm confident she will excel in her duties as Crown Princess towards the future.

kinneret5764 said:
I think P. Sarah's choice of outfit in the final group of pictures was not good. Those two pieces don't match at all. Stripes and florals together are never good.

I agree with you kinneret. However, this is not the first time that Sarah has worn such mis-matched clothing. It makes me wonder, does she pick out her outfits personally, or does she have a "dresser" who selects her clothes that Sarah wears for formal duties.

Interestingly, all the royal women do wear outfits that "clash", very frequently. Too bright, too colorful and rather mis-matched patterns.

If I were in Sarah's position, I would take control of my own selection of clothes.

kinneret5764 said:
Here's a better pic and profile:

Here are more photos of P.Qawi and his other royal cousins. Princess Masna, Princess Norain, Princess Umi Kalsum, Princess Nashibah and Princess Amal Rakiah's children. All the princesses are HM Sultan of Brunei's sisters.

Attachments

• p.qawi & siblings.jpg
    p.qawi & siblings.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 5,157
  • p.qawi2.jpg
    p.qawi2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 5,064
  • p.qawi.jpg
    p.qawi.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 5,031
  • P.A. Wadood & wife2.jpg
    P.A. Wadood & wife2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 4,997
  • P.A. Wadood & wife.jpg
    P.A. Wadood & wife.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4,983
  • royal cousins1.jpg
    royal cousins1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 5,008
  • royal cousins2.jpg
    royal cousins2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 5,063
  • royal cousins3.jpg
    royal cousins3.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 5,014
  • royal cousins4.jpg
    royal cousins4.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 5,069
  • royal cousins5.jpg
    royal cousins5.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 5,107
alfie said:
kinneret5764 said:
Here's a better pic and profile:

Here are more photos of P.Qawi and his other royal cousins. Princess Masna, Princess Norain, Princess Umi Kalsum, Princess Nashibah and Princess Amal Rakiah's children. All the princesses are HM Sultan of Brunei's sisters.

alfie are the pictures meant to be enlarged? they're too small.
I noticed that there are some pics of Abdul Wudood and his pretty wife Aminah.
Are they from the Crown prince's wedding?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
alfie said:
alfie are the pictures meant to be enlarged? they're too small.
I noticed that there are some pics of Abdul Wudood and his pretty wife Aminah.
Are they from the Crown prince's wedding?

yes, Humera it's meant to be enlarged, not sure why can't be though. I'll try making it larger. Yes, there are from the Crown Prince's wedding. On the second row, first picture the third guy(tall) is P.A.Ali future husband of Princess Hamidah. The other two are P.A.Hadi & P.A. Kadir(both sons of Princess Norain)

Last edited:
alfie said:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes, Humera it's meant to be enlarged, not sure why can't be though. I'll try making it larger. Yes, there are from the Crown Prince's wedding. On the second row, first picture the third guy(tall) is P.A.Ali future husband of Princess Hamidah. The other two are P.A.Hadi & P.A. Kadir(both sons of Princess Norain)

would you mind telling me who Princess Norain is?
I might've seen a picture of her but I cant put a name to the face.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
alfie said:
would you mind telling me who Princess Norain is?
I might've seen a picture of her but I cant put a name to the face.

Princess Norain is the sister of Sultan. Her husband was the late P.A. Yusof (Queen Saleha's brother) Here are two photos of her and her sister Princess Masn during the Women Police Force's Aniversary which there are patrons.

Attachments

• princess masna & norain2.jpg
    princess masna & norain2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 696
  • princess masna & norain.jpg
    princess masna & norain.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,029
Crown Prince Billah & Princess Sarah,last Saturday night 29.01.05 Hassanal Bolikah Stadium watching a Charity Football Match between Singapore and Brunei.

Attachments

• royal couple at friendly football match 29.01.05.jpg
    royal couple at friendly football match 29.01.05.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,619
royal couple

More photos of royal couple from Curahan Kasih.

1st photo was taken at a dinner honouring the Crown Prince. The dinner was organised by Brunei's Ministry of Education. Cannot be certain if Sarah and the Crown prince were dating at that time, or not. It looks like other students were also invited to that function.

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4,149
  • royalbluecouple.jpg
    royalbluecouple.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,258
  • royalpinkcouple.jpg
    royalpinkcouple.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 23,888
  • sarahinpink.jpg
    sarahinpink.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 5,191
Last edited:
Thank you, alfie & Zina for the pics.
I've never seen them before.

Your welcome Humera! Here are more photos, enjoy!

Attachments

• crown prince prize1.jpg
    crown prince prize1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,236
  • crown prince prize2.jpg
    crown prince prize2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,305
  • crown prince prize3.jpg
    crown prince prize3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,404
  • crown prince prize4.jpg
    crown prince prize4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,293
  • crown prince prize5.jpg
    crown prince prize5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,244
  • crown prince prize6.jpg
    crown prince prize6.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3,261
Indeed, thank you for the lovely pictures - apart from not being easy to find many of them, they are very lovely showing two kindly looking young Royals who seem to be a very good match. Would you be so kind to tell us more about CP Sarah's family? Thank you.

Zina said:
More photos of royal couple from Curahan Kasih.

1st photo was taken at a dinner honouring the Crown Prince. The dinner was organised by Brunei's Ministry of Education. Cannot be certain if Sarah and the Crown prince were dating at that time, or not. It looks like other students were also invited to that function.

Great photos Zina!!! Agree with blueice about the exclusivity of these photos and really thanks to Zina that we get to see them here. Look forward to more pictures frm the book and insights

Sarah's really a down to earth and conservative gal with nice simple dress sense from the pictures. It's nice to see her blossoming even more beautiful now.

Blueice said:
Indeed, thank you for the lovely pictures - apart from not being easy to find many of them, they are very lovely showing two kindly looking young Royals who seem to be a very good match. Would you be so kind to tell us more about CP Sarah's family? Thank you.

Hi Blue ice

since i am at this section, I hope i can try to answer from the little that i know of the family (anyone please correct and add to my understanding) . Sarah's father , Abdul Rahaman , is a a minor royal bruneian , remotely related to the sultan and he works with the water dept . Sarah's mum Suzanne Aeby is swiss and works as a nurse in a bruneian hospital. Apparrently the parents met when they were studying in London back in the 70's. Sarah has two siblings - brothers , Irwan and Adrian. (not sure what they are doing). Hope this helps.

From what I know and read from, Sarah's family is rather well to do therefore the match with CP is really a compatible one.

alfie said:
Your welcome Humera! Here are more photos, enjoy!

Thanks Alfie.!!! :p Wouldn't otherwise be able to see these pictures anywhere else either no matter how hard i googled search or webcrawled or yahooed :D

Look foward to more. Just wondering though. these photos can't be save right?

alfie said:
Crown Prince Billah & Princess Sarah,last Saturday night 29.01.05 Hassanal Bolikah Stadium watching a Charity Football Match between Singapore and Brunei.

hmm.. looks like even Cp's also getting more roundish in the face. :p

Marriage bliss really makes one put on. ;)

Minnie said:
Hi Blue ice

since i am at this section, I hope i can try to answer from the little that i know of the family (anyone please correct and add to my understanding) . Sarah's father , Abdul Rahaman , is a a minor royal bruneian , remotely related to the sultan and he works with the water dept . Sarah's mum Suzanne Aeby is swiss and works as a nurse in a bruneian hospital. Apparrently the parents met when they were studying in London back in the 70's. Sarah has two siblings - brothers , Irwan and Adrian. (not sure what they are doing). Hope this helps.

From what I know and read from, Sarah's family is rather well to do therefore the match with CP is really a compatible one.

Thanks a lot, Minnie - much appreciated! :) I was rather sceptic upon the first announcement of CP's marriage to such a young person, wondering how a teenage girl would manage the new role and stressful, demanding life style under constant public scrutiny, dealing with all the responsibilities that position implies. Yet, if we can put any trust to available photos, the couple appear genuinely content even radiant on them, as most recently (happily) married couples tend to be.

CP Sarah so far proved to be rather stable, mature and adaptable young lady despite her young age - her posture, calmness and dignity, the way she carries herself - absolutely regal in a natural way, without false pose. She appeared to be in control of the situation and herself all the time, dealing with protocol with ease - without expressing any signs of tension, insecurity or stress. Truly admirable qualities even for a person with much more experience than she has.

Although CP Sarah's mother Swiss origins were no secret, as well as family's relation with Royal Family, I was curious regarding professional background of her parents and siblings - thanks again for the information, it certainly helped :) Regards.

Blueice said:

Here are a few pictures of CP Sarah's family

Attachments

• showLayoutImage5.jpg
    showLayoutImage5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6,509
  • MASMALEH_011.jpg
    MASMALEH_011.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,656
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 3,576
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Here are a few pictures of CP Sarah's family

Thanks a lot, Humera - very nice photos indeed. It seems that CP Sarah apparently inherited her kind, calm and agreeable personality from both her parents. The family photo is especially lovely, with so much family warmth. :)

Sarah's family

Not many people would know that Sarah has a half-brother from her mother's first marriage, to a Swiss man, and her half-brother also attended the Wedding.

I don't think that Sarah's father came from a particularly wealthy family. He was working in the water works dept. after all.

It's a common misconception that non-Bruneians might have...but the title "Pengiran" is very common here in Brunei, and means that a person is descended from royalty. Considering Brunei's tiny population, and that Brunei has had 29 Sultans...that makes half the country "Pengirans" - and they're usually not any wealthier than the rest of us! It would not be really accurate to say that they are all "relatives" of the Royal Family. Perhaps its more accurate to call them descendants of previous royal generations.

It's a gross exaggeration to say that Sarah's father was a minor "relative" of the Sultan's or that Sarah was a "distant cousin" of the Crown Prince, as according to many articles from outside media. However..They are, of course, related now, because Sarah has married the CP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom