Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinneret5764 said:
What degree did P. Majeedah receive? Where was she studying?

She received a Masters of Arts in Environment Development at King's College, University of London where she studied from Sept 2003 till Sept 2004. She did her degree at UBD(University Brunei Darussalam) a few years ago, I can't remember the degree she did but it might be pubilc policy like Princess Rashidah did at UBD.

Last edited:
Minnie said:
Hi Alfie

That would be fantastic and hope it is not too much of a trouble. Thanks again and hope to read them.

:)

Hi Minnie

I need some time to get the poem done..hope you understand..

alfie said:
Hi Everybody! Sorry I've been away for a couple of days for work.....

Everyone was away for a couple of days...
ANway..so King's College. Not bad! It is so nice the whole family was there! But I wish PSarah did not have to wear that veil all the time. SOmeone I know from Brunei sid that they try to keep her not as good looking as she really is.

Reina said:
ANway..so King's College. Not bad! It is so nice the whole family was there! But I wish PSarah did not have to wear that veil all the time. SOmeone I know from Brunei sid that they try to keep her not as good looking as she really is.

Oh! dear..that isn't nice..Well as long as Crown Prince Billah loves the way she looks it doesn't matter, have to pleased the hubby only ;) Anyways I heard Princess Majeddah's wedding is going to fall in March or April 2005 but it's not confirmed just yet.

I know I may be a bit repetitious when I ask this, but could someone post pics from when CP Billah went to Petra. Thanks! I have been lookign everywhere.

Reina said:
I know I may be a bit repetitious when I ask this, but could someone post pics from when CP Billah went to Petra. Thanks! I have been lookign everywhere.

Here you go Reina..The photos of Crown Prince visit to Petra. Prince Qawi is also in one of the photos. He always accompanys Crown Prince to official trips before Crown Prince's marriage to Princess Sarah now that the Crown Prince has Princess Sarah to accompany him to official visits. Prince Qawi will accompany his future bride Princess Majeedah to official functions instead.

Attachments

• crown prince in jordan2.jpg
    crown prince in jordan2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 962
  • crown prince in jordan.jpg
    crown prince in jordan.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • crown prince in Petra2.jpg
    crown prince in Petra2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,010
  • s in Petra1.jpg
    s in Petra1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 990
2005, the year of royal weddings

alfie said:
Oh! dear..that isn't nice..Well as long as Crown Prince Billah loves the way she looks it doesn't matter, have to pleased the hubby only ;) Anyways I heard Princess Majeddah's wedding is going to fall in March or April 2005 but it's not confirmed just yet.

Hi Alfie, welcome back, we missed your posts! Did you hear anything about Princess Hamidah (P. Jefri's daughter) marrying Princess Masna's son, Moktar? I heard it will take place in April too.

All these cousins, marrying each other! But it is a good thing that P. Hamidah and her fiancee are not as closely related, compared to P. Qawi and P. Majeedah. I do think Qawi and Majeedah make a handsome couple though. I'm sure things will work out great for the two of them. Qawi looked very smiley at Majeedah's graduation. :)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Here are the thumbnails of the grad pics
I guess everyone was there, except for Princess Mutawakillah and Fadzillah. Or maybe they're just not in the pics.

Zina thanks for posting the pictures here. How did you bring the pictures over as attachments?

alfie said:
Hi Minnie

I need some time to get the poem done..hope you understand..

Hi Alfie!

No worries , take your time. Hope it's not too much of a trouble really. I suppose you could just post the original poem as it is.

Only when it is convenient for you. There's really not urgency. :)

Reina said:

Exact sentiment about Sarah's veil. She's really pretty with her hair and all - wish they could take pictures of her more often that way.

hope they aren't insecure about women being too beautiful .

alfie said:
Hi Everybody! Sorry I've been away for a couple of days for work.....
So everybody knows Prince Qawi is Princess Majeddah's future husband. Princess Majeddah graduated from Masters of Arts in Environment Development at King's College, University of London where she has been studying from Sept 2003 till Sept 2004.

Here's a photo of Prince Qawi during last year Asean Summit in Laos.

hmm Master...Smart gal, Princess Majeedah. She looks the intellectual sort to me.

Sarah's looking rather contemplative (tired?) in these recent photos. Are we looking to hear about a royal pregnancy soon?

Minnie said:
Zina thanks for posting the pictures here. How did you bring the pictures over as attachments?

You are welcome Minnie. I just scanned the pictures and saved them in a folder. Then uploaded them, using the "Manage Attachments" facility on the site.

I will try and add more, when I have time :)

Minnie said:
Exact sentiment about Sarah's veil. She's really pretty with her hair and all - wish they could take pictures of her more often that way.

hope they aren't insecure about women being too beautiful .

I really do not think that they are trying to hide Sarah's beauty by making her wear the head scarf :) All the royal ladies wear it, not only Sarah. Also Sarah has appeared without the scarf, in local newspapers and also in the local TV news!

Besides which, Sarah looks gorgeous with or without the scarf..so if they were trying..its not working ;)

Minnie said:
hmm Master...Smart gal, Princess Majeedah. She looks the intellectual sort to me.

Sarah's looking rather contemplative (tired?) in these recent photos. Are we looking to hear about a royal pregnancy soon?

All of their Majesties' daughters are academically gifted..unlike the sons.

The pregnancy rumours began after Sarah was photographed on her Honeymoon in Milan, showing a slight tummy. She was wearing tight jeans and a shirt. However Sarah has always been slightly chubby. During the wedding she most likely wore a girdle under her outfits to hide it.

I think it's not fair to speculate about pregnancy, so soon after her marriage...Sarah would have every right to feel annoyed .:cool:

Zina said:
Hi Alfie, welcome back, we missed your posts! Did you hear anything about Princess Hamidah (P. Jefri's daughter) marrying Princess Masna's son, Moktar? I heard it will take place in April too.

All these cousins, marrying each other! But it is a good thing that P. Hamidah and her fiancee are not as closely related, compared to P. Qawi and P. Majeedah. I do think Qawi and Majeedah make a handsome couple though. I'm sure things will work out great for the two of them. Qawi looked very smiley at Majeedah's graduation. :)

Thanks! Zina. Yes I heard about Princess Hamidah and P.A. Ali together with the news of Princess Majeedah and Prince Qawi but I didn't want to say anything yet about P.A. Ali.

alfie said:
Thanks! Zina. Yes I heard about Princess Hamidah and P.A. Ali together with the news of Princess Majeedah and Prince Qawi but I didn't want to say anything yet about P.A. Ali.

Is it P.A Ali? Oops - Masna's sons do look alike:rolleyes:

Zina said:
All of their Majesties' daughters are academically gifted..unlike the sons.

The pregnancy rumours began after Sarah was photographed on her Honeymoon in Milan, showing a slight tummy. She was wearing tight jeans and a shirt. However Sarah has always been slightly chubby. During the wedding she most likely wore a girdle under her outfits to hide it.

I think it's not fair to speculate about pregnancy, so soon after her marriage...Sarah would have every right to feel annoyed .:cool:

hee.... but i guess it's better (more diplomatic also) to view it as with child rather than "chubby"

How many years has P. Abdul Azim been studying in London? I remember there was some contraversy a few years ago about officials at Oxford trying to give him a place to study there in spite of the fact that his academic performance was no where near Oxford's minimum requirements.

Thank you so much alfie for the pics!!!

here's two pictures from the Crown Prince and Princess' honeymoon

Attachments

• K107172_06.jpg
    K107172_06.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • K107172_08.jpg
    K107172_08.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,212
Zina said:
Is it P.A Ali? Oops - Masna's sons do look alike:rolleyes:

Yes! there do Zina hehehe But I recognise them by their height. Just remember P.A. Ali is the 3rd son of Princess Masna and he is the tallest in their family, further more he is the one who plays polo like a pro.

kinneret5764 said:
How many years has P. Abdul Azim been studying in London? I remember there was some contraversy a few years ago about officials at Oxford trying to give him a place to study there in spite of the fact that his academic performance was no where near Oxford's minimum requirements.

He has been in London together with his sisters around 2 years now.

Royal Family in Singapore 26/01/05

Photos during Singapore 2 days State Visit 26/01/05. During the State Visit His Majesty the Sultan will receive an honorary Doctorate of Law from University of Singapore.

Attachments

• Their majesties with granddaughters.jpg
    Their majesties with granddaughters.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,960
  • Crown prince & princess sarah at changi, Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    Crown prince & princess sarah at changi, Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 432
  • Crown prince & princess sarah at changi,2 Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    Crown prince & princess sarah at changi,2 Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 362
  • royal couple in Changi, Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    royal couple in Changi, Spore 26.01.05.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 519
  • Queen Saleha & princess raheemah2.jpg
    Queen Saleha & princess raheemah2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,944
  • Queen Saleha & princess raheemah.jpg
    Queen Saleha & princess raheemah.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,921
  • Queen Saleha in  Spore.jpg
    Queen Saleha in Spore.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,937
  • Sultan & Deputy PM Spore2.jpg
    Sultan & Deputy PM Spore2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Sultan & Deputy PM Spore3.jpg
    Sultan & Deputy PM Spore3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,934
  • Sultan & Deputy PM Spore.jpg
    Sultan & Deputy PM Spore.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,943
~*~Humera~*~ said:
here's two pictures from the Crown Prince and Princess' honeymoon

Molto Bellisimo!!! the lovey dovey couple with the picturerisque and romantic Pointe Vecchio florence as backdrop ahhh.... simply lovely. :p
Thanks Humera! It's good enough to bask in their happiness and admiration for each other......:p

alfie said:
Photos during Singapore 2 days State Visit 26/01/05. During the State Visit His Majesty the Sultan will receive an honorary Doctorate of Law from University of Singapore.

Alfie, how long will the royalties be in Singapore? Heard they shop alot there and own quite a few properties.

Minnie said:
Alfie, how long will the royalties be in Singapore? Heard they shop alot there and own quite a few properties.

Two days on State Visit Minnie. Yes! they do own lots of properties in Singapore.

Honeymoon Photos

Thanks for the Honeymoon photos Humera :) Such photos are hard to find, and would never be in our local newspapers or magazines. So, its great that you can post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom