Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinneret5764 said:
Any recent pics of P. Sarah?
Found this picture of Sarah wearing grey, on another site. I have never seen it before, and I thought it was a nice picture to include here.

The other pics are from the book "Curahan Kasih" - 1 is of the royal couple when they were courting and the other of Sarah on a school field trip.

Attachments

• DK Sarah.jpg
    DK Sarah.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 957
  • royalcouple.jpg
    royalcouple.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,003
  • schooltripsarah.jpg
    schooltripsarah.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Zina said:
Found this picture of Sarah wearing grey, on another site. I have never seen it before, and I thought it was a nice picture to include here.

The other pics are from the book "Curahan Kasih" - 1 is of the royal couple when they were courting and the other of Sarah on a school field trip.

Hi Zina

Thanks for the lovely pictures! In fact I was looking for the book " curahan kashi" .do you know anywhere i could purchase that? anymore pictures found in the book as well? would love to see more of Sarah's picture before meeting the prince or of younger days example.

The first picture of Sarah in gray is actually purple. I have seen the other version of the same outfit somewhere in the royalty brunei thread and Sarah as usual looks resplendent but she looks especially good in this one.

Minnie said:
Hi Zina

Thanks for the lovely pictures! In fact I was looking for the book " curahan kashi" .do you know anywhere i could purchase that? anymore pictures found in the book as well? would love to see more of Sarah's picture before meeting the prince or of younger days example.

The first picture of Sarah in gray is actually purple. I have seen the other version of the same outfit somewhere in the royalty brunei thread and Sarah as usual looks resplendent but she looks especially good in this one.
was trying to google search for the book curahan kashi but can't find information anywhere else but i found this with more picture of the lovely princess.

http://www.bruneistudent.com/zeroskull/rc_forum2.jpg

Thank you all for very lovely pictures and interesting information about Brunei Royalties - I truly enjoy reading your informative and well balanced posts - much appreciated. :)

Blueice said:
Thank you all for very lovely pictures and interesting information about Brunei Royalties - I truly enjoy reading your informative and well balanced posts - much appreciated. :)
I'm afraid Curah Kasih is not available in local stores. It was a gift from the His Majesty the Sultan and Her Majesty the Queen to the royal couple(crown prince billah & princess sarah) on their wedding day and only given to the guests during their wedding ceremony 9th Sept 2004 including other special gifts.

I have a photo of Princess Sarah when she was younger. The other photo is with her grandfather.

Attachments

• princess sarah & her grandfather.jpg
    princess sarah & her grandfather.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,799
  • princess sarah early years.jpg
    princess sarah early years.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,571
Minnie said:
was trying to google search for the book curahan kashi but can't find information anywhere else but i found this with more picture of the lovely princess.

http://www.bruneistudent.com/zeroskull/rc_forum2.jpg
I'm afraid you can't purchase the book 'Curah Kasih' Minnie sorry. It was a gift for the royal couple from His Majesty and Her Majesty and was only given to guests on the royal wedding on the 9th Sept 2004. There is even a beautiful letter from their Majesties to the Royal couple in the book and one very good poem about life written by His Majesty's late father and the crown prince's grandfather.

hi Alfie

Thanks for the great looking pictures. Hrh highness's really an affectionate person from the picture with granddad.

So what's in the book curahan kasih? I only read about it in the papers but they did not say much about the bool except that it is a commemorative book. If not too much of a trouble hope you can post more of Sarah's pictures from the book like school days trips etc etc.

would you be able to reproduce the poem here?

Pictures of the Sultan, his four sons, and others offering Eid prayers.

Attachments

• HARUN_004.sized.jpg
    HARUN_004.sized.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 294
  • HARUN_002.sized.jpg
    HARUN_002.sized.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 265
  • HARUN_005.sized.jpg
    HARUN_005.sized.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 302
  • HARUN_009.sized.jpg
    HARUN_009.sized.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 201
  • HARUN_010.sized.jpg
    HARUN_010.sized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 285
  • HARUN_013.sized.jpg
    HARUN_013.sized.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 265
  • HARUN_018.sized.jpg
    HARUN_018.sized.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 218
  • HARUN_022.sized.jpg
    HARUN_022.sized.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 407
  • HARUN_006.sized.jpg
    HARUN_006.sized.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 270
More photos from Curahan Kasih

Minnie said:
Hope you can post more of Sarah's pictures from the book like school days trips etc etc.

Here are some. Left to Right: Picture of a very happy couple; Sarah on her school trip (looking very much like the supermodel!); Crown Prince first meeting Sarah on his visit to her college. At Wimbledon , UK around June 2004. I will try and add more later on.

Attachments

• sarah1.jpg
    sarah1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 444
  • wimbledon.jpg
    wimbledon.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 949
  • royalvisit.jpg
    royalvisit.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,299
  • happycouple.jpg
    happycouple.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
I was wondering if someone could put pics of when the Crown Prince went to Petra? Thank you.

Minnie said:
hi Alfie

Thanks for the great looking pictures. Hrh highness's really an affectionate person from the picture with granddad.

So what's in the book curahan kasih? I only read about it in the papers but they did not say much about the bool except that it is a commemorative book. If not too much of a trouble hope you can post more of Sarah's pictures from the book like school days trips etc etc.

Hi Minnie...my pleasure.I am in the process of reproducing the poem.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Pictures of the Sultan, his four sons, and others offering Eid prayers.
These pics were taken in London recently in Brunei Hall, Norfolk Square. Brunei Hall is where brunei students studying in London can live and also those students outside London can spend the weekend holidays. In some of the photos you can also see Princess Majeddah's future husband :)

Last edited:
Zina said:
Here are some. Left to Right: Picture of a very happy couple; Sarah on her school trip (looking very much like the supermodel!); Crown Prince first meeting Sarah on his visit to her college. At Wimbledon , UK around June 2004. I will try and add more later on.
Thanks Zina, :) really look forward to more from the Curahan Kasih book. Hrh is truly stunning! no matter which angle, she's absolutely gorgeous and a head turner. On the picture with CP meeting her in school, wonder if that's what caught CP's eyes. Wish could meet Sarah in person.

Zina, could ask a favour of a larger picture on Sarah with the sunglasses? hehe maybe want to pin that up as a poster. :p

alfie said:
Hi Minnie...my pleasure.I am in the process of reproducing the poem.
Hi Alfie

That would be fantastic and hope it is not too much of a trouble. Thanks again and hope to read them.

:)

alfie said:
These pics were taken in London recently in Brunei Hall, Norfolk Square. Brunei Hall is where brunei students studying in London can live and also those students outside London can spend the weekend holidays. In some of the photos you can also see Princess Majeddah's future husband :)
which one is he?;)

Princess Majeedah's future husband

~*~Humera~*~ said:
which one is he?;)
I believe it must be Pengiran Muda Abdul Qawi, (popularly known as "Prince Qawi", (even though he's not strictly a prince) who is Princess Majeedah's future husband.. since he's been shown on Brunei TV news, in the UK with HM and CP Billah. I guess the cat's out the bag!

Prince Qawi is the son of Prince Mohammad (The Sultan's brother). PQ is very closely related to Princess Majeedah. PQ's parents are brother and sister to Princess Majeedah's parents.

Actually it is said that he is being forced to marry P. Majeedah, as he has a long time girlfriend. Pg. Muda Abd. Qawi's mother is said to be very controlling. Ah well, the path of true love never did run smooth !

Minnie said:
Thanks Zina, :) really look forward to more from the Curahan Kasih book. Hrh is truly stunning! no matter which angle, she's absolutely gorgeous and a head turner. On the picture with CP meeting her in school, wonder if that's what caught CP's eyes. Wish could meet Sarah in person.

Zina, could ask a favour of a larger picture on Sarah with the sunglasses? hehe maybe want to pin that up as a poster. :p
Ok Minnie, I have made it so that if you click on the pictures, a bigger picture will open up. That is as large as I can make it, with my limited knowledge!

Thanks a lot, zina and alfie for all the lovely photos. :)

Zina said:
I believe it must be Pengiran Muda Abdul Qawi, (popularly known as "Prince Qawi", (even though he's not strictly a prince) who is Princess Majeedah's future husband.. since he's been shown on Brunei TV news, in the UK with HM and CP Billah. I guess the cat's out the bag!

Prince Qawi is the son of Prince Mohammad (The Sultan's brother). PQ is very closely related to Princess Majeedah. PQ's parents are brother and sister to Princess Majeedah's parents.

Actually it is said that he is being forced to marry P. Majeedah, as he has a long time girlfriend. Pg. Muda Abd. Qawi's mother is said to be very controlling. Ah well, the path of true love never did run smooth !
I find it strange that P. Abdul Qawi and P. Majeedah would marry as they are full first cousins. Abd. Qawi's mother (P. Zariah) is Q.Saleha's sister (Majeedah's mother) and his father (P. Mohammed) is the Sultan's full brother (Majeedah's dad). Aren't the families concerned about potential birth defects of any children due to such close inbreeding?:confused:

Zina said:

thanx for the info zina. Would you mind pointing him out in the eid pictures I've posted?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx for the info zina. Would you mind pointing him out in the eid pictures I've posted?

He is in the third picture which you posted . PMA Qawi is at the far right of the front row.

Last edited:
kinneret5764 said:
I find it strange that P. Abdul Qawi and P. Majeedah would marry as they are full first cousins. Abd. Qawi's mother (P. Zariah) is Q.Saleha's sister (Majeedah's mother) and his father (P. Mohammed) is the Sultan's full brother (Majeedah's dad). Aren't the families concerned about potential birth defects of any children due to such close inbreeding?:confused:

Yes, I find it strange also kinneret. Especially since CP Billah was allowed to marry a commoner instead of his cousin, which his parents originally wanted. I imagined that the Royals had come to their senses and we would see less of these intermarriages. But it appears not. Unless at the last minute, Majeedah is allowed to marry somebody else, as in the case of CP Billah.

Hi Zina

Molto gracias, wow !the picture are so clear !!!!!!

More pictures of the royal family ( not really sure how to post pictures here direct) attending Princess Majeedah graduation in uk - seems like the whole entourage of royalty is there including prince Azim and sister. Anyone knows which university is this?

http://www.infofoto.org.bn/album524

~*~Humera~*~ said:

P. Qawi is the gentleman behind P. Majeedah in this photo:

Attachments

• HARUN.sized[1].jpg
    HARUN.sized[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 906
I think P. Qawi is cute. He's certainly better looking than is dad! What's with P. Mohammed's semi-Don King haircut?

kinneret5764 said:
P. Qawi is the gentleman behind P. Majeedah in this photo:

yes I noticed that! thanx.
I guess the fact that he was at her grad means the engagement is more or less official

Here are the thumbnails of the grad pics
I guess everyone was there, except for Princess Mutawakillah and Fadzillah. Or maybe they're just not in the pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0059.sized.jpg
    DSC_0059.sized.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 468
  • HARUN.sized.jpg
    HARUN.sized.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 387
  • HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    HARUN_01.sized.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 430
  • HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    HARUN_02.sized.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 527
  • HARUN_03.sized.jpg
    HARUN_03.sized.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 466
  • HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    HARUN_04.sized.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 809
  • HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    HARUN_05.sized.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 535
  • HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    HARUN_06.sized.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 562
  • HARUN3.sized.jpg
    HARUN3.sized.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 499
Close ups of Princess Sarah and Princess Azemah who looks very pretty as usual.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 607
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 690
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Close ups of Princess Sarah and Princess Azemah who looks very pretty as usual.

Hi Everybody! Sorry I've been away for a couple of days for work.....
So everybody knows Prince Qawi is Princess Majeddah's future husband. Princess Majeddah graduated from Masters of Arts in Environment Development at King's College, University of London where she has been studying from Sept 2003 till Sept 2004.

Here's a photo of Prince Qawi during last year Asean Summit in Laos.

Attachments

• Prince Qawi SSEAYP Laos 2004.jpg
    Prince Qawi SSEAYP Laos 2004.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom