Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have relized in the past pictures i have seen that CP sara has put on some weight.She looked abit slimmer in her before wedding pictures.

I don't know if anybody noticed this, but check out the last pic. The size of that diamond brooch attached to her scarf is huge!!

Rhaegar said:
I don't know if anybody noticed this, but check out the last pic. The size of that diamond brooch attached to her scarf is huge!!
Princess Sarah has some stunning jewels, if you want to see them all, there are a lot of pictures in the Royal Jewels forum.

Guess Who said:
I have relized in the past pictures i have seen that CP sara has put on some weight.She looked abit slimmer in her before wedding pictures.
Maybe she's preggers?

Brunei Royal Family Exchanges Hari Raya Greetings

nite02_1.jpg

Bandar Seri Begawan – His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha have exchanged Hari Raya greetings with state dignitaries and foreign diplomats at the Baitul Rahmah of Istana Nurul Iman.

Present were His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince, and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah.

Also present were His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bolkiah and Yang Teramat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah, His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Mulia Datin Hajah Faezah as well as His Majesty's other sons, His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Malik and His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Mateen.

The function was also attended by His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Mulia Datin Hajah Faezah.

Also in attendance were His Majesty's daughters, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Saadatul Bolkiah, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah, Her Royal Highness Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah.

Other members of the royal family include Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Masna, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Amal Umi Khalthum Al-Islam, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Norehsani as well as grandchildren of His Majesty and other members of the royal household.

His Majesty's guests and their spouses comprise of YAM Pengiran Cheterias, Cabinet Ministers, members of councils, deputy ministers, foreign diplomats, Permanent Secretaries and senior government officials.

Meanwhile, the Istana Nurul Iman will be open for the public for three days starting today.

They can visit the Royal Palace from 10am until 12noon, and visiting hours resume at 2pm until 4pm.

The people in the country should not miss out on the tremendous opportunity to personally meet and convey their Hari Raya greetings to their beloved ruler and members of the royal family, commented a state broadcast. -- Courtesy of Radio Television Brunei
I believe their Hari Raya is like Eid to most other Muslims...

pdas1201 said:
I believe their Hari Raya is like Eid to most other Muslims...
Hari Raya is for ALL muslims

Hari Raya is EID EL FITRI which celebrates the end of the fasting month, Ramadan. In Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc, they say Selamate Hari Raya which means Happy EID EL FITRI..

NB: i am not Asian...but have good friends from Malaysia whom i knew during my graduate schooling..

Yeah I've noticed that the Bruneian press uses the words "Hari Raya" and "Aidilfitri" interchangeably.
Here are the rest of the pics from November 14

1. Princess Rashidah
2. Princess Majeedah & Hafizah

Attachments

• M & H.jpg
    M & H.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,964
  • Rashidah.jpg
    Rashidah.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4,076
  • 2 copy.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 463
  • HAMADI_05 copy.jpg
    HAMADI_05 copy.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,753
  • HARUN_01 copy.jpg
    HARUN_01 copy.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 879
Rhaegar,
Have you seen her wedding ring and the earings she wore on her wedding day?They were huge diamons, must of weighed each one over 40carats.

November 15, 2004: Junjong Ziarah Hari Raya Aid-il-fitri pertama

I must say Princess Sarah is looking exceptionally pretty in red, it suits her very well...
By the way, what is that jewel on the scarf, Princess Sarah wears it alot.

Attachments

• HALIM_001.sized.jpg
    HALIM_001.sized.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 780
  • HALIM_004.sized.jpg
    HALIM_004.sized.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 422
  • HALIM_005.sized.jpg
    HALIM_005.sized.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 867
  • RAMLI_002.sized.jpg
    RAMLI_002.sized.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 3,207
  • RAMLI_003.sized.jpg
    RAMLI_003.sized.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,887
The women of the royal family wear beautiful pins and brooches to keep their scarves in place. One is worn under the chin, and another at the bottom end of the hijab, under that, is usually a long necklace. I used to think they were all one big piece but if you look closely, it isnt.

Zina said:
I am from Brunei :)
Zina I have a question, I know the names of three of the sultan's daughters from his first wife, Princesses Rashidah, Majeedah, and Hafizah. What's the name of the fourth daughter? I only saw her at the crown prince's wedding, does she not carry out official duties like her other sisters? I also didnt see her in the Eid pictures.

Sultan's Daughter's Name

The other daughter is HRH Princess Mutawakillah Hayatul Bolkiah. She would normally be at the Palace during Hari Raya, with her sisters. She probably had her own reasons for not attending. Even Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah did not attend the morning raya greeting session, yesterday. She did attend in the afternoon however.

Guess Who said:
Rhaegar,
Have you seen her wedding ring and the earings she wore on her wedding day?They were huge diamons, must of weighed each one over 40carats.
Yes they were, and the necklaces were truly works of art. Thanks to whoever it was for the close ups in the Royal Jewels forum!

And I agree, Princess Sarah looks wonderful in red...

So does anybody know if she's continuing with her education?

Zina said:
The other daughter is HRH Princess Mutawakillah Hayatul Bolkiah. She would normally be at the Palace during Hari Raya, with her sisters. She probably had her own reasons for not attending. Even Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah did not attend the morning raya greeting session, yesterday. She did attend in the afternoon however.

thanx Zina.
There's another thing I'd like to know. Is Princess Rashidah the only married daughter of the Sultan? Are any of them engaged? Is there any talk in Brunei of who they might end up getting married to?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx Zina.
There's another thing I'd like to know. Is Princess Rashidah the only married daughter of the Sultan? Are any of them engaged? Is there any talk in Brunei of who they might end up getting married to?
So far, Princess Rashidah is the only married daughter of the Sultan. But there are rumours that Princess Majeedah is to marry soon. No idea who with, or if there is any truth in the rumours. If she does marry, it is likely to be an arranged marriage with one of her distant cousins. Unlike the Sultan's sons, the Sultan's daughters must marry nobility or blue bloods.

Zina said:
So far, Princess Rashidah is the only married daughter of the Sultan. But there are rumours that Princess Majeedah is to marry soon. No idea who with, or if there is any truth in the rumours. If she does marry, it is likely to be an arranged marriage with one of her distant cousins. Unlike the Sultan's sons, the Sultan's daughters must marry nobility or blue bloods.
oh really? I would've thought that its the sons who'd have to marry into the nobility since they're the ones first in line to the throne.
As for the sultan's kids from his second wife, would they have to marry with the consent of their father? eventhough their parents are divorced and they seem to spend most of their time in England? I've heard that the royal family doesn't even like the name of the former princess Mariam to be mentioned. If her kids marry in Brunei, as they're likely to, I wonder if she'd be allowed to attend the weddings.

Read in another thread and some papers that Crown Prince Muhtadee has a long time girlfriend before he married Sarah. Why didn't he marry his ex?

Minnie said:
Read in another thread and some papers that Crown Prince Muhtadee has a long time girlfriend before he married Sarah. Why didn't he marry his ex?
According to Malaysian newpapers, the CP parents thought his ex-girlfriend was "too common". I've never seen pictures of this ex-girlfriend; she left Brunei "in a huff" after CP's engagement to Sarah Salleh was announced. CP wanted a bride of mixed heritage. P. Sarah is half-Swiss; and she is also a distant cousin, her father being a member of Brunei's aristocracy, and a descendent of a previous Sultan.

The Crown Prince His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah met with Prince Andrew of York

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 412
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 454
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 455
Has anyone notice the CP Al-Mutahdee Billah wears the same shoes (black and brown) to almot every meeting. He must really like those shoes, or he bought many pairs of them so he would always have them at his disposal in working order.

OMG, Bluetortuga, I thought the very same thing. Actually went back and look at pics several times. He must like a PARTICULAR kind of shoe and probably got one for each day--after all, he is the son of Sultan of Brunei.

There is so much talk about the Sultan's children, what of the children of his other siblings? P. Mohammed's sons P. Qawi and P. Abdul Fattah seem to be doing very well, and are carving niches for themselves in business. Do these sons have in role in Brunei's government?

kinneret5764 said:
There is so much talk about the Sultan's children, what of the children of his other siblings? P. Mohammed's sons P. Qawi and P. Abdul Fattah seem to be doing very well, and are carving niches for themselves in business. Do these sons have in role in Brunei's government?
Im sure they'll have some role to play. The Sultan's brothers and sister have prominent roles in the Bruneian government. I think most of Prince Muhammad's kids are young (There's a picture of them on page 9)
I dont know what Princess Masna's son Abdul Wadood does.

I've been waiting to post these Eid pics from a couple of weeks ago.
There's finally a picture or two of Prince Sufri's wife Faezah.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 399
  • 0b.jpg
    0b.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 508
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 640
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 344
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 316
Some more Eid pics, from Nov 16

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 2 copy.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 2b copy.jpg
    2b copy.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 3bcopy.jpg
    3bcopy.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 421
  • 3copy.jpg
    3copy.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 4 copy.jpg
    4 copy.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 459
  • 4bcopy.jpg
    4bcopy.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 5copy.jpg
    5copy.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,044
If someone from Brunei is around, perhaps Zina, could you please tell me who the two little girls in the last picture (also in the 2nd picture in post #217) are?
Are they the daughters of Princess Rashidah, perhaps? or any other member of the royal family?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
If someone from Brunei is around, perhaps Zina, could you please tell me who the two little girls in the last picture (also in the 2nd picture in post #217) are?
Are they the daughters of Princess Rashidah, perhaps? or any other member of the royal family?
Yes, these two girls are P. Rashidah's daughters. I'm not sure of their names though.

kinneret5764 said:
Yes, these two girls are P. Rashidah's daughters. I'm not sure of their names though.
thanx.
They're adorable.
Do you know if they're twins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom