Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was their duty to get along. There is a king in africa that has 30 wives.

I think it's interesting that none of the sultan's children look like him, only like his two wives.

cutie said:
I think it's interesting that none of the sultan's children look like him, only like his two wives.
maybe thats for the best

Pictures from the October 2000 visit of the Wessexes to Brunei

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 457
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 693
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 513
yeah, i think so. The sultan is quite handsome. I wonder where his genes went?

The Queen of England's visit to Brunei, September 18, 1998

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 694
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 609
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 402
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 432
more from the visit

Attachments

• 1g.jpg
    1g.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 1m.jpg
    1m.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 1l.jpg
    1l.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 1k.jpg
    1k.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 1j.jpg
    1j.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 1i.jpg
    1i.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 717
  • 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 655
ABUJA, NIGERIA: Brunei Minister of Foreign Affairs, His Royal Highness Haji Mohammed Bolkiah, accompanied by his wife arrives in Abuja 04 December, 2003 to attend the Commonwealth summit. (Photo credit should read PIUS UTOMI EKPEI/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2783855.jpg
    2783855.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 224
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI: Prince Jefri (L), younger brother of Bruneian Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, is seen at the 20th National Day celebrations in Bandar Seri Begawan, 23 February 2004. The excesses of the royal family made world headlines in the 1990s when the sultan reined in one of his younger brothers, Prince Jefri, after he blew more than 15 billion USD through reckless investments and a famous globe-trotting, playboy lifestyle. Woman at right is unidentified. AFP PHOTO/ROSLAN RAHMAN (Photo credit should read ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 3024351.jpg
    3024351.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 296
Does anyone have pictures of the Sultan's daughter's wedding. I heard it was a big one.

I've been doing a search of Corbis and Gettyimages but didnt find anything on the daughter's wedding. I'm going through some more sites now. Lets hope it works.

I wish they keep their scaves all the way...i do not understand why thet took away their head scarves (e.g. the queen during the dinner with queen Elizabeth, e.g. Sarah, the new princess during her engagment when she was wearing the black t-shirt.

how come? its not such a big deal. There are millions of muslim women out there who wear scarves just on religious occasions or going into a mosque, for example. I think in the case of the Bruneian royalty, its more the case of tradition/protocol than religion. Religiously speaking, a headscarf is not a requirement. If the Bruneian royal women choose to wear it most of the time, atleast in Brunei, Im sure they can choose not to wear it when they dont want to. I dont know why its being made such a big deal of.

I agree with you, Matesha. I think the Sultan's wife looks better with her headcovering on. If it is no big deal she could skip it altogether except when attending religious events. It appears a tacky and dupe behaviour to wear it all the time in Brunei and then skip it during a single trip to England.

La la said:
I agree with you, Matesha. I think the Sultan's wife looks better with her headcovering on. If it is no big deal she could skip it altogether except when attending religious events. It appears a tacky and dupe behaviour to wear it all the time in Brunei and then skip it during a single trip to England.
That wasnt a trip to England. It was Queen Elizabeth's state visit to Brunei.
Now its one thing to say someone looks better with her head covered and another to say she should cover. She doesnt have to if she doesnt want to.

OK, how come she didn't wear her headcovering then? I saw her wearing it when meeting the Swedish Royalties and when she was the Swedish Queen and other women only.

well both the sultan's wives didnt cover their hair at the reception, probably so they could wear their tiaras. It would've looked odd if they'd worn their tiaras on top of the hijab. Queen Saleha wore a tiara on a hijab at her son's wedding banquet a couple of weeks ago and it does look strange

Attachments

• 51284865.jpg
    51284865.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 291
cutie said:
I think P. Abdul Mateen looks like his dad. He's the youngest of the Sultan's children.

Sorry, to ask but i don't now very much from Brunei. Is a very rich contry, isn't it? Every womem have a very impressive jewels..........................and how many wifes are the sulton? Some1 can tell me wear i can have good information for the contry and from there royal famely?

ABUJA, NIGERIA: Brunei Minister of Foreign Affairs, His Royal Highness Haji Mohammed Bolkiah, accompanied by his wife arrives in Abuja 04 December, 2003 to attend the Commonwealth summit. (Photo credit should read PIUS UTOMI EKPEI/AFP/Getty Images)

I read somewhere that Prince Mohammed has only one wife and is suppose to being very much in love - true ??

Headscarves

I see that there is much discussion about the women of Brunei, in particular the royal women, and headscarves.

There must be "some rule of thumb" somewhere about when and when not to wear one.

I myself prefer the Queen without a scarf.

charlottestreasures said:
The royal visit of the Countess of Wessex - who is the other woman sitting on the divan with her and the Queen??
I think she is princess Miriam Sultan's other wife (now ex wife)....Sultan used to company by both of his wives in royal event or royal visit.

I think that the two queens did not wear headscarves when QEII visited brunei, is that they place more importance on their England guests, and wanted to show that they are westernized too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom