Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flying said:
why sultan divorce to his second wife?
No reason was given for the divorce when the announcement was made. The Royal family of Brunei is incredibly private. The sultan's second wife, Mariam, was stripped of all her titles but she did receive perhaps the biggest divorce settlement in history!

galuhcandrakirana said:
You are right about it, it is even quiet dificult/rare to find websites about this royal family, but I have some:
Brunei royal weding website http://www.royalwedding.bn/

The crownprince Al muktadee website. [url="http://www.crownprince.bn/Level1.asp?Category=english"]http://www.crownprince.bn/Level1.asp?Category=english[/url]
thanx galucandrakirana, but those are wedding sites, I already used them in the the Crown Prince's wedding thread in the wedding forum.
We're actually looking for info on other members of the royal family like Prince Sufri and his wife. I have spent hours looking for it but cant find anything useful.

Here's another royal couple from Brunei I'd like to know about.

Attachments

• R002-004.jpg
    R002-004.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 610
  • R002-005.jpg
    R002-005.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 566
The are probably brunei nobles. i think it would be even more difficult to find any info.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
a picture of his wife
Can someone please tell me her name, and if they have any kids?
Her name is Datin Faezah and I don't know whether she has children or not.

cutie said:
The are probably brunei nobles. i think it would be even more difficult to find any info.
You are very true, Cutie. They are Brunei noble and it is extremely very difficult to identify them through the net unless by someone who is very related to the royal circle of Brunei. Even the information on some members of the Brunei Royal Family is very difficult to find.

Humera,

I think the young man could be the son of prince mohammed. Just a guess.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Does anyone know what Yang Mulia Datin Hajjah Faezah translates into? I mean what's Faezah's title? On the Bruneian English news sites she's not identified as "Her Royal Highness" or "Princess"
As far as I know the title "Datin" in Malaysia is conferred during Sultan's investiture and official birthday to commoners who have contributed for the service to the country. "Datin" can be approximately like "Lady". Datin usually conferred to women who serve in government circle. She is regarded as woman who is elite but not necessarily being royal or noble. Perhaps the same thing apply to Yang Mulia Datin Hajjah Faezah.

Thanx Ephram. All I could find out about Sufri's wife was her name and that she has no HRH title. Do you know if Prince Sufri had another wife and whether he divorced her? I've also read that Prince Sufri is ill at times. Is it due to his skin condition or something else?

cutie said:
Humera,

I think the young man could be the son of prince mohammed. Just a guess.
Yeah I was guessing he could be a nephew of the Sultan, either the son of one of the sultan's brothers or his sisters, perhaps Princess Masna. The website I got that picture from didnt mention his name but did identify him as "HRH" so he must be a member of the immediate royal family.

Thats a very cute couple I must say. His wife is pretty.

cutie said:
why does faezah have no headcovering, no title, no orders?
I believe from the Datin title she has, she is from Malaysia. Faezah is a typical name in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. Headcover is not a big deal in Brunei, unlike in Iran

Beautiful People

Brunei.jpg
Prince Sufri and his wife.

looking closer, faezah is not beautiful in a natural way. her makeup is a bit heavy, but she knows how to carry herself.

Some Old News

Oct. 28 2002
Yesterday Princess Kamilah, daughter of Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalam, married Awangku Hashim binti Pengiran Haji Mohammad at the Royal Berkshire in Jerudong Park. The wedding was among others attended by Queen Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha and other members of the royal family.

Old Articles

"Being a cousin of Pingiran Mazuin Hamzah (popular teenage singer during the 80s who later married to Sultan Brunei's brother) certainly helped in initially propelling the name, Amy Mastura to the lips of many. Though, for many of her loyal fans, she's likely to bound to success on her very own. "

Ex Prince’s Wife Stripped Off Of Royal Title

Bandar Seri Begawan – His Majesty Sultan Hajl Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah, Sultan of Brunei, YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana, Grand Chamberlain hereby announced that the title "Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini" bestowed upon Dayang Mazuin Binti Hamzah, the former wife of His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah, has now been withdrawn with immediate effect

And more old news

Thought this old news article was interesting due to the fact that it lists the Sultan's two wives on this official visit. Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness. The two wives visited a Museum .​
BRUNEI SULTAN’S RECIPROCAL VISIT TO MYANMAR​

• At the invitation of Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council of the Union of Myanmar Senior-General Than Shwe and Daw Kyaing Kyaing who had visited Brunei Darussalam last April, His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulan, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Her Majesty Raja Isteri Penjiran Anak Hajah Saleha and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Hajah Mariam and goodwill delegation arrived Yangon on the morning of 29 May by special flight to pay a State Visit to Myanmar.

• In the afternoon 29 May, Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajal Saleha and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Hajah Mariam and party visited the Myanmar Gems Museum and Gems Mart on the Kaba Aye Pagoda Road.

Prince Jefri was married to a Malaysian singer, the former Amy Mastura?

The name Faiza is common in Pakistan as well. Very pretty name.
I only wonder, like most people here, how Prince Sufri managed to get such a pretty wife.
I wonder what his other wife looked like. Ex-wives in the Bruneian royal family may get large settlements but they're entirely stripped of royal rank, privilege and from what I've heard, not even mentioned in the family. I wonder how the Sultan's kids from his second wife feel about that. Atleast they're included in all family occasions.

cutie said:
Maybe he is not the son of princess masna, because he is an HRH.

yeah you might be right about that. Also, his wife is wearing white, unlike the other royals. Its especially hard to figure out who he is since I didnt see him sitting with the royal family/his parents during the wedding festivities.

I guess the same name has difference spellings in difference countries. Like Lillian, Lillien, Lilianne.

I'm sure the kids of the second wife are doing fine in London. There are many pictures of them on the net.

Last edited:
Oh Im sure she is. I've seen pics of her with her kids in London too. Although I wonder if she and Queeh Saleha got along well before the divorce, atleast they seemed to in the pictures I've seen. They even carried out official duties together. I must admit thats a bit strange.

Also, the kids spend more time in Brunei I believe. They've been accompanying the crown prince and princess almost every day to their official duties. The two sons, I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom