Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Zina for answering our questions. If you don't mind, are you from Brunei?

You must be referring to the Sultan? At least he's the only one I find attractive in the immediate royal family.

Last edited:
I found this picture of the previous Sultan (the current Sultan's dad) and two of his sons. Can anyone identify which two sons are in this picture?

Thanks.

Zina said:
He is the son of Princess Masna.
so my guess was right after all!!
You've been so much help Zina. I hope you'll stick around and answer some of the many questions we've all had about the Bruneian royals if you dont mind. Its an interesting family and one we know so little about.

La la said:
You must be referring to the Sultan? At least he's the only one I find attractive in the immediate royal family.
Haha... I totally agree with you! But nowadays, he looks as though he's ailing, not quite as dapper as he used to be. Hope he's alright...

Some older pics

1. GUILDFORD, UNITED KINGDOM: HRH Prince Mohamed Bolkiah (2nd-R), the Foreign Minister of Brunei, talks 13 June 2002 in Guildford to the Britain's Duke of Kent (R), Chancellor of Surrey University, after his son Pengiran Muda Abdul Fattaah (C) graduation ceremony at Guildford Cathedral where Fattaah received a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics. AFP PHOTO MARTYN HAYHOW (Photo credit should read MARTYN HAYHOW/AFP/Getty Images)

2. GUILDFORD, UNITED KINGDOM: Prince Mohamed Bolkiah (3rd-L), the Foreign Minister of Brunei, surrounded by his family, attends 13 June 2002 in Guildford at Surrey University the graduation ceremony of his son Pengiran Muda Abdul Fattaah. Fattaah received a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics. AFP PHOTO MARTYN HAYHOW (Photo credit should read MARTYN HAYHOW/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 51349774.jpg
    51349774.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 51349776.jpg
    51349776.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 8,608
1. LONDON - FEBRUARY 15: American model Jerry Hall and Prince Azim of Brunei attend the Launch Party for the new fashion accessory mobile phone: Xelibri held at Old Billingsgate Market the biggest party of London Fashion Week on February 15, 2003 in London. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)

2. LONDON - DECEMBER 15: Prince Azim and sisters arrive at the "Masks in Aid" charity evening, where celebrity-designed masks are auctioned off for charity, held at Banqueting House, Whitehall Palace on December 15, 2003 in London. (Photo by Steve Finn/Getty Images)

3. May 4, 2004. Jada Pinkett Smith & Prince Azim

Attachments

• 3174014.jpg
    3174014.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 2812969.jpg
    2812969.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 9,871
  • 50926612.jpg
    50926612.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5,616
~*~Humera~*~ said:
1. LONDON - FEBRUARY 15: American model Jerry Hall and Prince Azim of Brunei attend the Launch Party for the new fashion accessory mobile phone: Xelibri held at Old Billingsgate Market the biggest party of London Fashion Week on February 15, 2003 in London. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)

2. LONDON - DECEMBER 15: Prince Azim and sisters arrive at the "Masks in Aid" charity evening, where celebrity-designed masks are auctioned off for charity, held at Banqueting House, Whitehall Palace on December 15, 2003 in London. (Photo by Steve Finn/Getty Images)

3. May 4, 2004. Jada Pinkett Smith & Prince Azim
Did P. Azim stand in front of a high-powered fan before arriving it these events? his hair reminds me of Cybil Shepherd's bad hair-day a few months ago! I don't understand the hair at all.

I heard that one of the crown prince's requirement of a bride is that she must be of mixed parentage.Wonder why? Is it because of the influence of his step mother?

Anyone knows how CP Muhtahdee met Princess Sarah? I mean Princess Sarah's like 17 and still in school. How could she have met the prince? heard there was some kind of selction of bride going around for the prince and Sarah's managed to win his heart . Is that true?

Minnie said:
I heard that one of the crown prince's requirement of a bride is that she must be of mixed parentage.Wonder why? Is it because of the influence of his step mother?

Anyone knows how CP Muhtahdee met Princess Sarah? I mean Princess Sarah's like 17 and still in school. How could she have met the prince? heard there was some kind of selction of bride going around for the prince and Sarah's managed to win his heart . Is that true?
I have heard that they were introduced by mutual friends. P. Sarah's best friend at school recently married one of CP Mutahdee Billah's cousins. She suggested that the CP and Sarah meet.

I've also heard the story that the CP handpicked Sarah from a room of virgins on his 30th birthday. Don't know which story is true.

I heard about the picking of a bride for the CP on his 30th b/d story too.But the story contracdicts with another story.

One of Sarah's good friend Rabiatul recounted that the couple met last Oct (2003) and within a month of knowing each other they were enagaged. If this was true then the prince could not have selected is bride amongst a room of virgin on his 30th b/d coz he would have been engaged to Sarah by then.

Would be really interested to learn about how a fairy tale come true. Whatever the case and circumstance, seems that Sarah and the CP are destined to meet

Im pretty sure the story about the crown prince meeting Sarah through the wife of Princess Masna's son is true. Both girls are good friends, as Zina has mentioned. Im sure Princess Sarah will be eternally grateful to her friend for introducing her to a future King.

yeah. I was also wondering where you got the pictures from. They looked very much candidly taken and the prince appeared unshaved.

Would love to read up more on the lovely couple. Anyone knows what this commerative album "Curahan Kasih " (showers of love) is about and where to get it? I read about this in the papers which mentioned that this album's about asia's best couple and the princess/prince is on it.

What exactly does "Dayangku" mean? is it lady? Or for that matter the guys " Awangku"

You are right Humera.

wonder if you might know where to get this Asia's best couple of the year commemorative ablum : Curahan Kasih. read in the papers , the album's featured the lovely newly wed royal couple

Minnie said:
You are right Humera.

wonder if you might know where to get this Asia's best couple of the year commemorative ablum : Curahan Kasih. read in the papers , the album's featured the lovely newly wed royal couple
Sorry Minnie but I dont know anything about that.
Perhaps Zina will answer your question.

September 28, 2004

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 655
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 530
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 808
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 507
  • 1g.jpg
    1g.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 650
  • 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 504
One lucky girl. Aleady carrying herself like a Qeen at the age 17

Did she have to leave school to marry the King? i'm assuming she must right to take up her royal duties...

Princess Sarah's still in school after marriage It was reported in the papers that she was determined to complete her A levels and she said that she will leave it to the palace to decide the fate of her education.

I suppose a university education would be even more important given her task of discharging royal duties. She mentioned about a marine biologist ambition, not sure if she will still pursue that now.

I would think she would complete her education, particularly given her position as future queen. She'd have to be well educated.

Sept 24, 2004
Members of the royal family and Princess Sarah's parents

Attachments

• HAMADI_05 copy.jpg
    HAMADI_05 copy.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 549
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 611
  • RAMLI_04 copy.jpg
    RAMLI_04 copy.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 425
  • RAMLI_02 copy.jpg
    RAMLI_02 copy.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • HAMADI_17 copy.jpg
    HAMADI_17 copy.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 766
  • HAMADI_11 copy.jpg
    HAMADI_11 copy.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 492
  • HAMADI_07 copy.jpg
    HAMADI_07 copy.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 550
September 23, 2004
Crown Prince and Princess with Prince Sufri and wife Faezah

Attachments

• MASRI_009 copy.jpg
    MASRI_009 copy.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 354
  • MASRI_014 copy.jpg
    MASRI_014 copy.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 379
  • MASRI_016 copy.jpg
    MASRI_016 copy.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 378
  • MASRI_020 copy.jpg
    MASRI_020 copy.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 501
  • RAFEE_012 copy.jpg
    RAFEE_012 copy.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 784
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 578
She isnt an ugly girl.She is better lookaing than him. She isnt pretty but neither ugly.She is still young her looks are still developing.

Does the bruni royal famil women have a choice whether if they want to cover or not? And do they have to cover at every function?
There is a picture of the crown prince and cprincess, she isnt coverd but then at a party she is.
Can someone plz explain it.

Guess Who said:
Does the bruni royal famil women have a choice whether if they want to cover or not? And do they have to cover at every function?
There is a picture of the crown prince and cprincess, she isnt coverd but then at a party she is.
Can someone plz explain it.
Apparently the younger women of the family only cover when they're at home. When the Sultan's younger daughters are abroad they don't wear a head covering. When P. Sarah and CP Al-Muhtadee Billah were honeymooning in Venice and Milan, she didn't wear a headcovering when they went on walkabout.

guess who
i agree-she is average looking but she has potiential.

Thankx bluetortuga.
I have noticed that when abroad they dont cover, and at official enagments they are all covered.So i think in such stuff they have to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom