Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that today is HM Q. Salleha's brithday. I wish her a happy birthday. Too bad the Sultan was not in the country to celebrate with her.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Prince Azim of Brunei and his mother arrive at the celebrity screening of "Paycheck" at the Charlotte Street Hotel on January 12, 2004 in London. (Photo by Gareth Davies/Getty Images)
She looks really happy, even relieved. Who says divorce is painful? I think she looks much happier than when she was married to the Sultan.

plus she got an obscene amount of money out of it.
Her kids look happier with her too.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
plus she got an obscene amount of money out of it.
Her kids look happier with her too.
She looks amazing -- years younger. I didn't even recognize her. Good for her.

LONDON - OCTOBER 7: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) Crown Prince Azim of Brunei arrives at a dinner hosted by Donatella Versace at Cipriani, Davies Street on October 7, 2004 in London.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 501
well, well, so it is always good to get married to such a man though his appetite for women is so insane("faithful" is not a concept known in Brunei royalties I suppose...and so as the rest of the Asian regimes...), you get to bore prince and princesses plus loads of cash to support your luxurious lifestyle for rest of your life time !

For all that those women put up with, I say they deserve it (the money)

Queen Saleha

October 2, 2004

Attachments

• HALIM_0001sm.jpg
    HALIM_0001sm.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 570
  • ZUL_IZZI_0001sm.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_0001sm.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 526
  • ZUL_IZZI_0002sm.jpg
    ZUL_IZZI_0002sm.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 462
October 7, 2004

Attachments

• RAFEE_004.jpg
    RAFEE_004.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 582
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 650
  • RAFEE_006.jpg
    RAFEE_006.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 510
~*~Humera~*~ said:
October 7, 2004
I wonder who that Japanese kimono woman is!! Also Prince Sufri`s wife is so gorgeous-he is such a lucky man(so is she, for marrying a prince!)

she's obviously one of the guests the Queen is receiving. You can see many other women wearing their traditional dresses in the picture.

Sep 15, 2004
Various members of the royal family accompanying the Crown Prince and Princess to official duties

1. Princess Rashidah with husband
2. Princess Rashidah, husband, Prince Sufri's wife Faizah
3. Princess Sarah's parents
4. Crown Prince's brothers Azim, Abdul Malik & Abdul Mateen

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 564
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 620
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 478
  • 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 1h.jpg
    1h.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 502
  • 1g.jpg
    1g.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 621
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 396
Queen Saleha celebrates her birthday

October 9, 2004
1. Princess Hafizah, Prince Muhammad's wife Zariah, Queen Saleha, Princess Majeedah
2. Princesses Majeedah & Masna

Attachments

• Hafizah, Zariah, Queen, Majeedah.jpg
    Hafizah, Zariah, Queen, Majeedah.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 457
  • Majeedah, Masna.jpg
    Majeedah, Masna.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 343
  • singing.jpg
    singing.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 0b.jpg
    0b.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 340
Queen Saleha celebrates her birthday with ministers' wives

1. Princesses Masna, Majeedah & Zariah.
2. Princesses Rashidah & Hafizah

Attachments

• Masna, Majeedah & Zariah.jpg
    Masna, Majeedah & Zariah.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 402
  • Rashidah & Hafizah.jpg
    Rashidah & Hafizah.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 549
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 326
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 387
Hello article and pictures

15 OCTOBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/10/15/bruneiprincess/#enviarShe may be the wife of one of the world's wealthiest heirs, having tied the knot with Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee of Brunei in an opulent September ceremony, but newlywed Princess Sarah opted for a decidedly low-key approach to fashion during her Italian honeymoon.

The glitz and dazzle which marked the 17-year-old's numerous and lavish wedding outfits were nowhere in sight. And rather than sporting the traditional new bride's slew of carefully-picked outfits, Sarah took to the streets of Milan in conservative casuals unlikely to set her apart from fellow tourists in the northern Italian city.

Stepping out in the Italian fashion capital with her new husband, Sarah sported a tailored blue shirt worn with flared blue jeans and strappy high heeled sandals.

During their stay, the couple also enjoyed a visit to a local theme park - a fitting outing for the teenage bride and her new husband. For while Sarah is married to the heir to the Brunei throne, her taste is still very much that of most teenage girls. "She likes Britney Spears," a longtime school chum revealed, adding: "She likes Prince William, too, but she has her own prince now..."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/10/15/bruneiprincess/

Attachments

• brunei-dop2a.jpg
    brunei-dop2a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 5,074
  • Milan.jpg
    Milan.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8,355
As to why the Sultan divorced his second wife, apparently it's common knowledge that she cheated on him. It's something that's not officially announced, coz that would just tarnish the name and image of the Bruneian throne, but it's a small (Malay) world. Word gets around.

Last edited:
Rhaegar said:
As to why the Sultan divorced his second wife, apparently it's common knowledge that she cheated on him. It's something that's not officially announced, coz that would just tarnish the name and image of the Bruneian throne, but it's a small (Malay) world. Word gets around.
So who's the guy? The Sultan cheated on both his wives with slews of foreign callgirls. What goes around, comes around.

Apparently it was her bodyguard. As for the Sultan cheating, I think you got him confused with his brother Prince Jefri. He was the one who was embroiled in a scandal about some caucasian call girl who was "enslaved" or something like that, I can't quite remember the case. The same prince who was banished(?) for embezzellement. The Sultan's got a clean slate I think.

Rhaegar said:
Apparently it was her bodyguard. As for the Sultan cheating, I think you got him confused with his brother Prince Jefri. He was the one who was embroiled in a scandal about some caucasian call girl who was "enslaved" or something like that, I can't quite remember the case. The same prince who was banished(?) for embezzellement. The Sultan's got a clean slate I think.
The Sultan was a willful participant in some of Prince Jefri's pleasure antics. Some of the girls inerviewed said they had given the Sultan sexual favors; one even stated that the Sultan refused to take protective measures, insisting that birth control or protection was the responsibility of the girls. He's by no means without blemish. It's only in recent years he's distanced himself from Jefri to appear pious and religious, so that no one could question his moral authority to lead the conservative Islamic sultanate.

Thats true, the Sultan was part of it all. One of girls in the US even tried to sue him and his brother.

bluetortuga said:
Does anyone know what disease/condition P. Sufri has why his skin is in such bad shape?
Cancerous tumours.

Ephram said:
Her name is Datin Faezah and I don't know whether she has children or not.
She has 3 children - 2 daughters and a son, with Prince Sufri.

La la said:
The only thing I could find out was that P. Sufri divorced his Malaysian wife of 17 years, Pengiran Bini Mazuin Hamzah, earlier this year. So I presume they don't have any kids, yet. But I don't know her name. :(
Mazuin has about 3 kids with Prince Sufri.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Here's another royal couple from Brunei I'd like to know about.
This picture looks like Pengiran Muda Abdul Wadood and his new 19 year old wife - Sarah's friend.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
covering one's head is not a big religious issue, some muslims just like to make a big deal out of it. Queen Saleha herself doesnt cover all the time, I've seen pictures of her during a visit to the UK without the hijab. Same goes for some of the sultan's daughters and other bruneian princess who've been photographed in London. Princess Sarah's mother doesnt cover all the time either.
It is not uncommon for minor members of the royal family to not wear the headscarf. However for more important royalties such as Princess Sarah - i believe it is mandatory, as she is the wife of a Crown Prince.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
That could be true. Although Im not sure. But Princess Sarah's a Muslim who grew up in Brunei but she didnt cover, it was only after she became Crown Princess.
Datin Faezah, being Malaysian, would have been a Muslim before she married Prince Sufri.

cutie said:
why does faezah have no headcovering, no title, no orders?
I think after marrying and divorcing so many wives, the Sultan decided that any future wives of Prince Sufri's should not be given titles anymore. Despite being divorced from Sufri for years, it is only within the last year that Mazuin had her titles removed. There seems no point giving the wife a title, since most of Prince Sufri's marriages are so short-lived.

cutie said:
Prince Jefri was married to a Malaysian singer, the former Amy Mastura?
Prince Jefri has been married to a lot of women, but Malaysian pop singer, Amy Mastura is not one of them =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom