Royal Family of Brunei Current Events 2: August 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard some rumors of reconciliation between Prince Jefri and the Sultan. Are they true?

It doesn't look like...I mean HM's government through BIA is trying to evict everyone related to DPD from its mansion in Singapore, BIA took control of all the properties that used to belong to DPD in the USA, there is a pending arrest warrant against DPD in Europe.
Unless this is all "smoke screen" I would say it will take a while until DPD and HM get back. But I would like to believe you're right and they will reconcile as Brunei was much better to live or "endure" when DPD was an active member of the Government.
I see Brunei now as a "dead" place going backwards only. Poverty has hit the streets, drugs are becoming a serious problem among unemployed youths, no diversification of the economy, abandoned buildings...a total disaster! The worst is that HM is NOT (at least not totally) the one to fault but the people below him that to please, keep on saying "all fine, everyone happy".

Thanks for the update, Observer08. I haven't been there since 1996, so it's really sad to hear that the situation is now so bad. I hope there's some truth in the rumors that I heard so that the country can revert to its former splendor.

I see Brunei now as a "dead" place going backwards only. Poverty has hit the streets, drugs are becoming a serious problem among unemployed youths, no diversification of the economy, abandoned buildings...a total disaster! The worst is that HM is NOT (at least not totally) the one to fault but the people below him that to please, keep on saying "all fine, everyone happy".

Are you in Brunei when you say this? What an exaggeration.

As far as I know Brunei is a stable country, no conflicts, no demonstrations, unlike its South East Asia counterparts such as Thailand, Myanmar, or Indonesia. But, since I never been there, I have no idea about what exactly happen there.

I like Brunei, however I think it could be more "occidental", if you know what I mean.

White Princess: occidental as in it has the POTENTIAL to or it IS quite occidental?

el-khanz: Brunei is indeed stable. Praise to God.

Observer08: You should be embarrassed to have to criticise a country when you are not even there to see what has actually been happening. Even if you've been there lately, shame for your lack of acknowledgement of what progress there already is and some more that are still being worked on.

Admin: I apologise for being slightly off-topic.

I believe you are not living in Brunei right?

Because if you were, you'd see with your own eyes. Indeed Brunei is still safe, stable, etc. but economically speaking, its a dead country. Its a country with people living beyond their means, through credit! Much like the USA. Pretending all is fine and wanting to upkeep things but if you check with the local banks, you see the ugly truth!!!

No development since 1997. No diversification at all!

Those are facts and I am sorry for that because I love Brunei!

White Princess: occidental as in it has the POTENTIAL to or it IS quite occidental?

el-khanz: Brunei is indeed stable. Praise to God.

Observer08: You should be embarrassed to have to criticise a country when you are not even there to see what has actually been happening. Even if you've been there lately, shame for your lack of acknowledgement of what progress there already is and some more that are still being worked on.

Admin: I apologise for being slightly off-topic.

I do live in Brunei for a significant part of the year and are abroad for the rest. Your words are unbecoming of someone who loves Brunei. Please give the lack of respectful words for Brunei a rest.

Dang Ayah,

I am sorry. I will not engage in a "battle" of words here.

Why Prince Abdul Qawi don't get married yet!

Is any one know that why Prince Abdul Qawi don't get married yet! Wanna know more about him.

Investigation into the Brunei Royal Family

The firm who shook the British Government to its core by exposing the UK government expenses scandal is now turning their efforts on the Brunei Royal Family and the Sultan of Brunei. Their attention is focused on a financial scandal against a British business man who worked for a senior member of the Brunei Royal family. The web site Royally Shafted. A blog about dealings with the Brunei Royal Family is slowly releasing the details of what has been going on and according to the site, it's about to hit the main stream media. The firm exposing this have a massive reputation, especially after recently exposing the biggest scandal in the UK government for more the 100 years.

The site seems very credible and is packed with documents and hard evidence to suggest it's for real. If its being driven by this professional firm to expose the scandal it will be interesting to see where it ends up!

:previous:
Note to members

It's not a website as such but a blog concerning a Jersey-based [UK] businessman who claims a cousin of the Sultan promised to invest £4.5-£7m in 'The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf' store franchise in the UK, but didn't.
This commercial dispute was reported in the London Times in February 2005; the disgruntled businessman is now stepping up his campaign which appears to have expanded to include the Brunei Royal Family as a whole and the Sultan in particular.
As part of this campaign a new member associated with the businessman's blog has made multiple identical posts about the dispute of which one now remains.

Warren
TRF Administrator

hi!

Is any one know that why Prince Abdul Qawi don't get married yet! Wanna know more about him.

just want to comment
I'm not from Brunei and neither a Muslim but I happen to know prince qawi and I would say, he is such a sweet and nice person.. Regarding the marriage, we happened to talk about that before and I could tell that the main reason why until now he ddnt settle down yet is because he is such a responsible and practical guy.. He said he wanted to make sure that the one he marries is the right one and that woman will be his only one.. Isn't that sweet! I mean, coming from a guy like him.. He looks up to his parents' relationship as the perfect example of how marriage should be..and I think the same too, marriage is something very sacred and its a lifetime commitment..

Besides Infofoto, any other websites had publish their pictures?

It's so nice to see both sarah and azrinaz attended event together with their childrens. The kids are all so adorable. By the way, i wonder what happened to sarah? Did she fall or something before the event?

So rare to see both Azrinaz and Sarah without their head scarf and appearing together. Is Azrinaz pregnant again - she looks very tired and round in the tummy area??

HRH Prince Jefri Bolkiah

Alhamdulillah,

Finally the only Brunei Royal with brains is back!

I hope he put some senses back to the country!!!

Insha'allah

Birth of A Princess

Bandar Seri Begawan- By Command of His Majesty the Sultan & Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Haji Alauddin, the Grand Chamberlain, announced that Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah, the wife of Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Rahim bin Pengiran Indera Mahkota Pengiran Anak (Dr) Kemaludin Al Haj, with the consent of Allah safely gave birth to a princess on Wednesday at 6.59 am. To mark the auspicious occasion, 17 cannon shots were fired at the compound of Istana Nurul Iman.

First pictures of Princess Rashidah's 5th child

HM's granddaughter named

BY THE command of His Majesty the Sultan . . . the monarch's newly-born granddaughter has been named Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Raqeeqah Raayatul Bolqiah Pengiran Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pengiran Anak Hj Abdul Rahim.
HM's granddaughter named | The Brunei Times

Last edited:
Brunei Darussalam 26th National Day

Yesterday NBD celebrated their 26th national and im browsing the photos of the parade. Im still waiting for more photos to be uploaded. Im a little puzzled as why the Queen and the Sultan's 2nd wife were not present at the parade. Cause in the last year's national day photos, all the family members were present. This time only the prominent male family members can be seen.

Seeger Press has pictures. Search for Royals Brunei.

Josette

The 26th Brunei Darussalam National Day's celebrations - The Brunei Times article
An official 26th National Day website with a great amount of fantastic photos.
HRH the Crown Princess is amazing while marching with the Royal Army women during the parade!

another great website is Gallery . Theres a lot of galleries to view.
Its nice to see the crown princess being so patriotic by participating in the parade.

I don't see the Sultan's youngest prince being brougt along for events. Is it because he' too young?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that Prince Jefri was also present at the National Day celebrations!
His first appearance with the Royal Family in years: Photos

HM the Queen Saleha and HRH the Princess Consort Azrinaz had attended the World Thinking Day 2010 held by the Brunei Darussalam Girl Guides Association at their headquarters in Anggerek Desa, Berakas on March 5th.
BruDirect.com

Back
Top Bottom