Royal Family of Brunei Current Events 1: July 2005-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfie, do you know why the younger sisters of Sultan never show up or joint the royal function and who is the old lady sitting before princess Rashida's husband at Pangeran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah wed and who is the lady sitting next of Princess Norain ? Would you please tell me, thank you.

Samirah Abdullah said:
Alfie, do you know why the younger sisters of Sultan never show up or joint the royal function and who is the old lady sitting before princess Rashida's husband at Pangeran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah wed and who is the lady sitting next of Princess Norain ? Would you please tell me, thank you.

The lady next to HRH Princess Norain is her sister, HRH Princess Amal Nasibah. And the old Lady next to Princess Rashidah's husband is HRH Babu Raja , Her Majesty Queen Saleha's Mother

Thanks, Intandelima and why Princess Amal Nasibah, Princess Amal Jefriah and another Sultan's sister if I'm not mistaken is Princess Amal Rukiah, they never show up in royal function, only three sisters of Sultan present in the royal funtion (Princess Masna + Princess Nor'ain + Princess Amal Umi Kalsum).

Dear members did you see Princess Radhiah wed photo and both of HM and Queen Saleha were there but the situation was different of the previous time when the HM only has Queen Saleha (specially in Prince Billa wed both of them always smile and talked together and in other function) in Princess Radhiah They just sitting and keep silent, no smile, no talked. For the Queen I always say " I love you and May Allah Bless You "

What is the relationship between Arab People and the people of Brunei? Because Brunei people uses Arabic names like, Rachida, Saliha, Sabiha, Nor 3ain etc...

Samirah Abdullah said:

Princess Hjh Amal Jefriah's husband represents her on her behalf. he is the one sitting 2nd from the other end, same row as the Crown Prince Billah at Pengiran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah's wedding. Princess Hjh Amal Nasibah occasionally goes to the royal functions. Princess Hjh Amal Rakiah is a very busy businesswoman. I'm sorry I know more but I think this is the best details I can give you.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Their Majesties attend wedding [/FONT]
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/jul3h2.htm

Im posting the wedding pictures from Infofoto since the link will stop working in a while.

The groom looks quite young. Does anyone know how old he and the bride are?
Its a shame we didnt get more pictures from this wedding, no close-ups of the tiara or the rest of the bride's jewels:(

Thanks Alfie for your information. If you don't mind what kind of business of Princess Amal Rakiah doing : gas, oil, property, diamond, gold or something else ?

The groom looks quite young. Does anyone know how old he and the bride are?
Its a shame we didnt get more pictures from this wedding, no close-ups of the tiara or the rest of the bride's jewels:([/quote]

I am not sure how old the groom is but he is a Ltd pilot for the Royal Brunei Air Forces. The bride is 26 years old. Her birthday falls on the 27th of June 1980.

Samirah Abdullah said:
Thanks Alfie for your information. If you don't mind what kind of business of Princess Amal Rakiah doing : gas, oil, property, diamond, gold or something else ?

Your welcome Samirah. She is in the property business ; hotel etc...

I see .... no wonder, once again Alfie thank you very much and please don't be bored - sometime in the furture I need your informatin or explaination, good luck and take care.

Ak Md Ezul Hazrin is another alumni of Maktab Sains (Science College) Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan. He was still in Upper Sixth Form in 1999, which was also the year Crown Princess Sarah enrolled into the school. So estimating that he's her senior by 6 years, he should be around 25/26 years old.

2-7-2006

His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei took part in a walkathon this morning commemorating His Majesty's 60th birthday. Before the start of the brisk walk, His Majesty Sultan of Brunei and HRH Prince Abdul Malek along with the other participants performed a warming up exercise to tone up body muscle.

from brunopress

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,127
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 476
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 824
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 786
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,613
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Jenawi said:
Well from what i know, her being given a title has been on hold since His Majesty married her and with her producing an heir, the appointed palace officials finally allocated an appropriate title for her. By traditional rules of title allocation, i think since she is not a distant royal family member (dayangku) nor is she a local, she can only be given the title Yang Teramat Mulia (YTM) or if i'm not mistaken the exact translation would be Her Most Excellency. However, the Sultan can overrule this and if he wanted to, he could give her the HRH title.

She is now awarded with the title "Pengiran Isteri" with effect from 6 June.

Joumana said:
So the king and his brother are married with malaysian women. Have the malaysian girls special?

King's brother, Pengiran Sufri married 2 Malaysians.

The first Malaysian is Mazuin Hamzah, married in 1987 and divorce somewhere in 2004. Mazuin was a singer before she married Pengiran. Mazuin's picture :
URL]

This picture was taken few years back when she's still the wife. Compare this with her picture in 1988 taken with her daughter, Princess Ajeerah:
URL]

She looks young isn't it?

The second Malaysia is Datin Faezah, married in 1994. She is still the wife of Pengiran. Datin Faezah's :
URL]

Mazuin, to me is cute, Datin Faezah is gorgeous.

Last edited:
yeah, Zina I think I got what you mean... a crown princess is for the daughter of a monarch who will be the ruling Queen. Yup, thanks for that correction. If this is also not correct, by all means, correct me again.

Does anybody know how old Queen Saleha is?She doesn't look so very young

oh i like princess faezah! she's malaysian, i heard. do you know how man children do datin faezah and prince sufri have?

alfie said:
I'm sorry Zina but Sarah is automatically Crown Princess of Brunei when she married Crown Prince Billah. She is the wife of the Crown Prince. Even in the website : www.bruneiresources.com States she is the Crown Princess. As for Princess Norain's daughter you are right she is not a princess but as the english calls it Lady(Pengiran Anak)

Another point is that her title has HRH (Her Royal Highness) states that she is in fact Princess Sarah. As for Pengrian Anak Siti Radhiah( Princess Norain's daughter) she only has HH (Her Highness)

I've already placed a warning in this page addressing the title issue.
Any further posts on this subject will be deleted.

~*~Humera~*~
Royal Family of Brunei moderator

The brunei royal family really are elegant & powerful. I kiss their hands.

Somebody have pictures of Sultan´s sisters?

While the rest of the royal family were at the Sultan's birthday celebration at Jerudong Ampitheatre on Saturday, 12th of August. Prince Azim, Prince Mateen, Princess Azemah & Prince Fazillah had they on birthday party at the Baze,Empire Hotel & Country Club. I was one of the guest. the VIPs included Caprice, Monica, Omarion, Annuar Zian(Malaysian singer) & lots more actors & actresses, supermodels etc...Their mum Hjh Mariam was also there...Everybody was well dressed...The theme of the night was Hollywood..Before entering the Baze we walk on the red carpet with the famous stars names on it & we also can posed with a replica of the Oscar..

:sad: Hi everyone! I'm also a new here... Speaking of Prince Hj Sufri Bolkiah... How is he? Have not heard or seen him anywhere.. not even at His Majesty's Birthday celebrations.. ???? wondering.....:ermm:

Last edited:
Picture is worth a thousand words

alfie said:
While the rest of the royal family were at the Sultan's birthday celebration at Jerudong Ampitheatre on Saturday, 12th of August. Prince Azim, Prince Mateen, Princess Azemah & Prince Fazillah had they on birthday party at the Baze,Empire Hotel & Country Club. I was one of the guest. the VIPs included Caprice, Monica, Omarion, Annuar Zian(Malaysian singer) & lots more actors & actresses, supermodels etc...Their mum Hjh Mariam was also there...Everybody was well dressed...The theme of the night was Hollywood..Before entering the Baze we walk on the red carpet with the famous stars names on it & we also can posed with a replica of the Oscar..

Hi there! I live in Brunei and as with you folks, are interested in our royal family.

As to the above "do", sounds too glamourous to be believable. Maybe some pics to support your claims that this event took place, especially the claim about Hjh. Mariam being in Brunei?

Jewelle said:
Hi there! I live in Brunei and as with you folks, are interested in our royal family.

As to the above "do", sounds too glamourous to be believable. Maybe some pics to support your claims that this event took place, especially the claim about Hjh. Mariam being in Brunei?

It doesn't sound too glamorous actually... They have big bashes all the time! Especially Hjh Mariam's family!

Dang Ayah said:
It doesn't sound too glamorous actually... They have big bashes all the time! Especially Hjh Mariam's family!

I'm sure, overseas perhaps. My question was...this bash in Brunei...recently? Especially the part about Hjh Mariam being here. Quite curious about that.

"i may not know the HRH Princess Azeemah and HRH Princess Fadzillah but i happen to know that they are wonderful people and very friendly too =) Im much more closer to their adopted siblings and friends rather than them in person. Recently went to their birthday bash and it was awesome. The two sisters looked amazingly stunning as usual and i couldnt be more happier for them. God bless them" -babyamy

You can try asking her.... got this from the Princess Azemah & Fadzillah thread

Plus, a couple of my acquaintances attended the party too... I'm much too shy to ask them about it though since I don't know them too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom