Royal Family of Brunei Current Events 1: July 2005-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/fri/aug12h22.htm

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Last day to view display of strong royal bonds [/font]

By Rosli Abidin Yahya

The public has until today to visit an exhibition, "Paduka Anakanda Julangan Kasih Ayahanda", held at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Berakas, which focuses on the overwhelming love between His Majesty and the late Sultan. There are altogether 10 galleries at the exhibition, with the first depicting the life of Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien since childhood, through adolescence, until the late Sultan ascended to the throne on June 6, 1950. At the final gallery, photos taken during the funeral of the late Sultan can be seen as well as His Majesty's Titah on October 20, 1986, regarding his father, which reflects the emotional nature of the exhibition.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.brunei.gov.bn/hotnews/0805/17/CPrince_Visits.htm

Crown Prince continues series of working visits to departments under PM's Office

His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muthadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office, has continued his working visit. Tuesday, the focuses were several more departments under the Prime Minister’s Office namely the Departments of Management Services, Audit, Petroleum Unit and the Economic Planning and Development. The morning part of His Royal Highness’ visit covered the Management Services Department, Audit Department and the Petroleum Unit in Berakas.

princess rashidah's children

princess rashidah's children: (1) front in the centre, (2) extreme left with the doll and (3) the boy, extreme right in red sleeves. sorry i do not know any of their names.
pic from www.friendster.com

Attachments

• 14374911732789l.jpg
    14374911732789l.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,605

Attachments

• nite011.jpg
    nite011.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,590
  • nite09.jpg
    nite09.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,828
  • nite10.jpg
    nite10.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,161
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,646
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,124
Last edited:
Hi,Iam sort of new to the Brunie Royal family.The only person I know of is Princess Sara,so can anyone tell me who is the lady above in those pictures?Thanks!

polop said:
Hi,Iam sort of new to the Brunie Royal family.The only person I know of is Princess Sara,so can anyone tell me who is the lady above in those pictures?Thanks!

Her name's Amina (I think I got the spelling right)
She's the wife of Wudood, the nephew of the Sultan of Brunei (ie. the son of the sultan's sister Princess Masna)

jennyfer said:
now that i have no difficulties in posting i hope humera wont mind if i post these. their pics of Pg Wadood's wife and him. they're just photos that i havent seen posted here. the wedding pics are from www.brudirect.com and the rest are from www.friendster.com.to view their article in the papers go to http://brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/y2k/Apr04/190404.htm

thanx for thos pics jennyfer..
btw..Wudood has the title of Prince right? I dont remember if he does. His wife's not a princess I know that.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Her name's Amina (I think I got the spelling right)
She's the wife of Wudood, the nephew of the Sultan of Brunei (ie. the son of the sultan's sister Princess Masna)

Thanks,Humera.;) :)

jennyfer said:
princess rashidah's children: (1) front in the centre, (2) extreme left with the doll and (3) the boy, extreme right in red sleeves. sorry i do not know any of their names.
pic from www.friendster.com

P.Rashidah's kids are so cute:)
I looked up their names:
oldest daughter: Raheemah Sanaul Bolkiah
younger daughter: Hariisah Widadul Bolkiah
youngest son: Abdul Raqiib
All the kids have their maternal grandfather's last name.

Some old pics from 2004 (Infofoto)

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,923
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,586
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 742
~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx for thos pics jennyfer..
btw..Wudood has the title of Prince right? I dont remember if he does. His wife's not a princess I know that.

Hi All, been busy with work again. To answer your question Humera, Pengiran Anak Wadood doesn't have the title of Prince. Hopefully I can explained it better this way, all the children born to Princes & Princesses automatically has Pengiran Anak to their names. However the sons of the Princes carried the title Pengiran Muda (which stands for Prince) e.g. Prince Mohammad and Prince Jefri's sons carries the title Pengiran Muda

thanx for answering alfie and nice to see you back:)
So basically the children of the Sultan's brothers have the title of Prince and Princess but not the children of the Sultan's sisters?
That seems to be the rule for most other royal families as well.

Her full name's Dayangku Seti Aminah Binti Pengiran Othman. She's got the "Dayangku" title just like Sarah did before marrying the Crown Prince. But now Mena (Aminah's nickname) changed her title to Pengiran Seti Aminah. This is what Dayangku's usually do after marrying another Pengiran and an Awangku (for males) would also change to Pengiran after marriage (regardless of having a dayangku or a commoner as a wife). But I also see dayangku's changing to Pengiran even if they marry commoners(meaning people with no royal titles!).

P/s: nice to be back. Been busy with University application...

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx for answering alfie and nice to see you back:)
So basically the children of the Sultan's brothers have the title of Prince and Princess but not the children of the Sultan's sisters?
That seems to be the rule for most other royal families as well.

Your welcome Humera! Thanks good to be back. Yes! thats right.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
P.Rashidah's kids are so cute:)
I looked up their names:
oldest daughter: Raheemah Sanaul Bolkiah
younger daughter: Hariisah Widadul Bolkiah
youngest son: Abdul Raqiib
All the kids have their maternal grandfather's last name.

Some old pics from 2004 (Infofoto)

yea they're adorable! for some reason if u read the newspaper article, Pg Wadood also inherited the name "bolkiah",. how is that possible as he is not a prince but people like prince qawi do not have it? (or does he?)

Sultan of Brunei marries his second, second wife
By Sebastien Berger, South-East Asia Correspondent
(Filed: 22/08/2005)

The Sultan of Brunei, once the world's richest man, has taken a former newsreader 32 years his junior as his second wife, reports said yesterday.

Family members and close friends were the only people to attend the wedding of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, 58, and his 26-year-old bride, Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur, the New Straits Times said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/22/wmalay22.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/22/ixworld.html

They have been to many functions together, supposedly as a "couple". Now my question is, a couple of what???

I dont think they're a couple. I've seen many pics of them together, at Prince Azim's birthdays and other events. At Live 8 Prince Azim was photographed with Faye Dunaway and her son. Azim also has had a longtime crush on Jerry Hall and he once bought her a diamond bracelet. Since then she has been out with him at movie premiers etc.
Azim's friends with lots of celebs like that. But I doubt he's romantically involved with any.

Here are the pics, from Brunopress

Actress Faye Dunaway and Sultan Of Brunei's son on a nightout at the exclusive Nobu restaurant in Mayfair, London. UK 21/06/05

There are similar pics of Prince Azim with other celebs like Jerry Hall.

Attachments

• big_faye_dunaway_14.jpg
    big_faye_dunaway_14.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 595
  • FM_5314410_PrinceAz_Chris.jpg
    FM_5314410_PrinceAz_Chris.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 462
  • FM_5313782_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313782_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,427
  • FM_5313776_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313776_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 489
  • FM_5313773_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313773_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,115
  • FM_5313758_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313758_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 614
  • FM_5313756_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313756_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 728
  • FM_5313731_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    FM_5313731_PrinceAz_NNiko.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,045
  • big_faye_dunaway_13.jpg
    big_faye_dunaway_13.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 431
What is with older woman & younger men fad? I mean if they are a couple (not saying they are) & they make each other happy then that is great. The age difference (espec. w/ these two) is a little eww (No offense). She could be his mother (I shuddered at the thought). Maybe he is friends with her son.
No offense to anyone I hope

I hav eno trouble saying this:if they are going out with each other yuck, yuck, yuck. I think ppl should keep in mind age differneces no matter who is the older one-male or female. Sometimes a line has to be drawn. And I do mean to offend (but no offense to ppl who don't mean offense).:)

But personally I think that they are great friends. If that is the case I am glad they enjoy each others company like they do. Friendships should cross age barriers.

obviously people who aren't familiar with Prince Azim are jumping to conclusions. I see pics like this in the british press all the time and no one says they're going out.
Prince Azim lives most of year with his mom and sisters in London and he, and his two sisters, socialize with celebs all the time. Faye Dunaway and Jerry Hall are regularly seen with them and they were at his last birthday party. There's even a picture of Faye with his mom, the former Princess, Mariam.

http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/tue/aug23h13.htm

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Crown Prince visits Defence Ministry [/font]

By Lyna Mohamad

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
23pic10.jpg

Crown Prince in his new office at the ministry[/font]

23pic11.jpg

Signing the royal parchment[/font]

23pic12.jpg

Crown Prince attends a briefing at the Ministry of Defence. Photos: Rudolf Portillo[/font]

23pic13.jpg

HRH in conversation with the Deputy Minister of Defence[/font]

23pic14.jpg

Posing for a group photo[/font]

It's amazing how an ugly man like Wadood can attract somebody as gorgeous as Mena

Heya Zina :p. Don't say that :eek:. Just because a guy is not that handsome does not mean he is not allowed to fall in love with someone as gorgeous as Mena. Not all relationships are based on the outside. I'm sure they love eachother inside-out;)

To Jenyyfer :) . Not to sound rude, but I find it a bit disturbing that you had taken people's photos from Friendster and posted them on a public forum. Have you asked Mena for permission? Yes, although she did post them up on Friendster for people to see, I don't think she would be happy when she finds out that people are posting up her pictures else where. Perhaps it would be better to post the url address of her Friendster homepage. In that way you'll only be guilty for advertising her Friendster page ;) Btw, this also goes for all the other royals that has a Friendster account, not just Mena.

An article about Princess Rashidah's cute little son

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan's grandson, classmates visit Nutri Bake[/font]

The grandson of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, YAM Pg Anak Abdul Raqiib bin Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Maharaja Setia Laila DiRaja Sahibul Irsyad Pg Anak Dato Laila Utama Hj Abdul Rahim went on a school trip to Nutri Bake, Jerudong yesterday.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/thu/aug25h14.htm

Attachments

• 25pic15.jpg
    25pic15.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,847
  • 25pic16.jpg
    25pic16.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,663
  • 25pic17.jpg
    25pic17.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,638
Status