Royal Family of Brunei Current Events 2: August 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
BruneiArms.jpg

Brunei Arms

Welcome to Part 2 of the Royal Family of Brunei Current Events thread.

Here you can post comments, pictures, articles, and news related to the Royal Family of Brunei's recent activities.

The previous thread can be found here

Please keep the following in mind:
  • All images must be posted via photo-hosting websites like Imageshack, Imagevenue, Photobucket, or Supload.
  • Pictures and articles must be accompanied by a copyright credit.
  • Only 20% of an article may be posted, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Please be civil, stay on topic and be respectful of each others' opinions.
Have fun posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Religious gathering - Night of Ascension of the Prophet Muhammad

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royalty at Israk Mikraj celebration [/FONT]
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar attended a ceremony to mark the Israk Mikraj celebration yesterday at Istana Nurul Iman. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

I would like to reply to Jewelle's posting. Prince Azim's & his sibilings regularly host private parties in Brunei during the summer holidays. Unfortunately there are private parties & the guests aren't allowed to bring their personal cameras & even their camera phones to the parties. During the latest birthday bash at the Baze recently which i did attend. We got our pictures taken by the private photograpers hired by the princes & princesses & also got pictures taken by polaraids which we can bring home with us. Sorry I won't post those pictures. Well if you happen to buy a copy of Italian Vogue next time. I was told that the magazine covered the birthday bash & took lots of pictures.

Puan Hjh Mariam is always in Brunei. When her children is in Brunei she is definitely in town. She is regularly seen at Empire Hotel & Country Club having lunch or dinner with her friends. Even though she is not in the public eye anymore doesn't mean she is not in Brunei regularly her family still lives here. She is in England most of the time because her children is studying there. She is also seen in Singapore & Malaysia too..

Last edited by a moderator:
Alfie, when the bersanding will be done? What kind of party prince Azim & his sibbling made ? So, the kids of HM from P.Mariam just party... party.... in Brunei or London ? They look like not good relationship between the kids from QS and PM-specially for the girls, boys look OK : prince Malik & Mateen ok sekaliii....
If you so close to them, you must be known why the HM divorce her ?
Who the man sitting behind Huda's father and the lady next to him is his wife, with pink clothes and songket hijau ?
After Azrinas has a baby boy the relationship between QS & her look OK, am I right Alfie, maybe you know much ? Pls explain? I'm still have admiration for QS, She is a tough Lady, can you imagazine the different age between Her to the 2nd, likes Her daughter, isn't it. And always smile all the time and every where, God Bless you QS.

alfie said:
Puan Hjh Mariam is always in Brunei. When her children is in Brunei she is definitely in town. She is regularly seen at Empire Hotel & Country Club having lunch or dinner with her friends. Even though she is not in the public eye anymore doesn't mean she is not in Brunei regularly her family still lives here. She is in England most of the time because her children is studying there. She is also seen in Singapore & Malaysia too..

Hi there Alfie, thanks for the reply.

I didn't mean to imply anything more than being curious. In that case, then I supposed that the divorce was, contrary to most that I heard, amicable then if she is still free to come to town. That is good to know for them, as divorces, to the poor or the super wealthy is never an easy matter to accept.

Why is it that wherever the Queen goes, the second wife goes along? Doesn't Queen Saleha have her own functions anymore?

These are family events. The whole family is there and in their case that includes both wives.

Samirah Abdullah said:
Alfie, when the bersanding will be done? What kind of party prince Azim & his sibbling made ? So, the kids of HM from P.Mariam just party... party.... in Brunei or London ? They look like not good relationship between the kids from QS and PM-specially for the girls, boys look OK : prince Malik & Mateen ok sekaliii....
If you so close to them, you must be known why the HM divorce her ?
Who the man sitting behind Huda's father and the lady next to him is his wife, with pink clothes and songket hijau ?
After Azrinas has a baby boy the relationship between QS & her look OK, am I right Alfie, maybe you know much ? Pls explain? I'm still have admiration for QS, She is a tough Lady, can you imagazine the different age between Her to the 2nd, likes Her daughter, isn't it. And always smile all the time and every where, God Bless you QS.

The bersanding took place yesterday, 27th August. They had a joint birthday party. This recent party was in Brunei. They have good relationships among the siblings, it's just that the daughters of QS are more reserved & private people and the daughters of PM are more easy going people. The husband & wife in pink are the groom's parents. I'm sorry I won't comment why HM divorced PM. It's a long time ago anyway. Both parties have moved on.

It's been written about before here why HM divorced Hajah Mariam. There are many reasons why it happened, one story was that she was secretly seeing an Indonesian singer, behind her husband's back. It's also said that the Sultan's brother Prince Mohammad may have been responsible for driving Mariam out, as she was widely unpopular within the family. Whatever the reasons, Hjh mariam and the Sultan are still close friends, as Mariam paid for and provided the entertainment when Crown Prince Billah married Sarah.

Hello folks

Hi... i'm newbie here and i'm so sorry that didn't have anythings to post yet.
I just found that the royalties have their own stylish which is Indonesian. his name is Peter F. Saerang. He has been the royalties's stylish for 25 years. He goes to Brunei at least five times a year, especially during royal ceremony/festivities, to do his job. He said that if the royals (esp. The sultan & The Queen) want to cut their hair, they will call him and he will go to Brunei. What a big job...!
He is the make up artist for CP Sarah during her wedding festivities. he was also Princess/s rashidah make up artist on her wedding.
i hope i can be more active in this forums :)
(sorry for my poor English)

All posts related to the wedding of the daughter of Princess Umi Kalsum have been moved here

Hmm... whats this i heard Prince Azim sending diamonds worth millions to singer mariah carey?

Is he proposing marriage?? :flowers:

mhcampboy said:
Hmm... whats this i heard Prince Azim sending diamonds worth millions to singer mariah carey?

i heard the same story , actually there was an article in Yahoo about this Big gift from the prince to Mariah Carey , i don't know if its true

mhcampboy said:

is there any special relationship/purposes/occasions so the prince give her such a worthy gifts?
Is it usual for the royals to give gifts to artist or singer they like?
talk about prince Azim, what's his education? is he still in college or may be he run one of family bussines?

the month of Ramadan.

I'd like to know whether the sultan :king: also gives food to the people at the mosques at IFTAR time during the holy month of Ramadan in Brunei like some other countries? I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish the royal family of Brunei a very blessed Ramadan and to wish them all well during this period.:) :flowers: FROM NOOJ.

Marhaban yaa Ramadhan...
I'd like to wish the royal family of Brunei a very nice and happy Ramadhan. May Allah gives us His bless.

She still may. Having said that the newest addition to the Bruneian court, must be taught royal protocol. A thing which takes a few years to master. It may be a temporary arrangement.

I think CP Sarah did the same thing, within the first months of her marrage in order to get her bearing. Now we see her and she can more than hold her own.:flowers:

MoonlightRhapsody said:
Why is it that wherever the Queen goes, the second wife goes along? Doesn't Queen Saleha have her own functions anymore?

Last edited:
I would like to wish Selamat Berpuasa to Tuanku and family :flowers:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan bestows title on wife of Prince Sufri [/FONT]

By command of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah . . . Yang Mulia Hajah Faizah binti Dato Haji Nasir has been bestowed with the title Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Faizah, effective today, Friday, the 6th of Ramadhan 1427 Hijrah, corresponding to September 29, 2006. Borneo Bulletin

Picture from Borneo Bulletin

Picture from Infofoto

Last edited:
Humera said:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan bestows title on wife of Prince Sufri [/FONT]

By command of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah . . . Yang Mulia Hajah Faizah binti Dato Haji Nasir has been bestowed with the title Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Faizah, effective today, Friday, the 6th of Ramadhan 1427 Hijrah, corresponding to September 29, 2006. Borneo Bulletin
http://s2.supload.com/free/IMG_1590-20061002155412.jpg/view/

I thought Her title was Datin which, some said, means Lady. Is that right? Does the new title mean that now She may be called as Her Royal Highness or Princess?

yes I was told that her previous title roughly translated to "Lady," not sure what the current title means, I dont think she'll be called "HRH" though, the article didnt refer to her that way.
Anyway I hope to see more of her at royal events. She's been away from the public eye for quite a while.

Are there any special events in Brunei during Ramadhan? If yes, what kind of events? Or maybe they are 'off' from official duties dring this period?

So now.. no more Datin for Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Faizah?.. Ampun Tuanku...

hi alfie.. hrm.. intersting.. u noe so much bout them.. how did you get to know them? :)

Back
Top Bottom