Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
a soap opera indeed.
No wonder the younger men like Rashidah's hubby are behaving this way. The Sultan isnt exactly the best role model. I am often surprised at how he portrays himself as a pious and upright man when his personal life is quite the reverse. The women in that family must indeed feel very insecure about their position.

Your exactly right Humera! The women in the family are feeling very insecure. Unfortunately I have to give you all more BAD news, very sorry. Princess Rashidah's hubby got married(akad nikah) to his lady friend, why so quickly & hush-hush is because apparently the lady is pregnant too.

wow. I dont know what to say.
I thought he was being watched like a hawk? Does this mean the sultan allowed him to go through with it? Well it would've been hypocritical of him (the sultan) if he stopped his son-in-law from doing something he himself did only a few weeks ago.
I wonder if Princess Rashidah blames her dad for this.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
wow. I dont know what to say.
I thought he was being watched like a hawk? Does this mean the sultan allowed him to go through with it? Well it would've been hypocritical of him (the sultan) if he stopped his son-in-law from doing something he himself did only a few weeks ago.
I wonder if Princess Rashidah blames her dad for this.

I guess it was too late already..Well, there isn't much the sultan can do..if you get a lady pregnant in Brunei you have to marry her. So I'm guessing Princess Rashidah will definitely divorce him after she gives birth to their 4th child.

its all very sad. The royal family seems to be going through a crisis at this time. I hope things turn out well.

Princess Rashidah's Husband's New Wife

This just gets more juicy by the day. Can you tell us anything about his Lady friend, Alfie? (Or should I say, 2nd Wife!) Just curious.

So is the second wife now living at the Royal Palace??
Has she been given a royal title??

It was said in some news articles that it was love at first sight for both of them, Sultan especially, when they met 4 the 1st time 2 years ago when the second wife was on a news assignment in Brunei. From then on, the Sultan started watching her broadcasting news.

I think no matter it was true love or not, a kind and sensible girl should not mingle into another man's marriage as if all other men in this world have died.

Last edited:
Poppy said:
So is the second wife is now living at the Royal Palace??
Has she been given a royal title??

It was said in some news articles that it was love at first sight for both of them, Sultan especially, when they met 4 the 1st time 2 years ago when the second wife was on a news assignment in Brunei. From then on, the Sultan started watching her broadcasting news.

I think no matter it was true love or not, a kind and sensible should not mingle into another man's marriage as if all other men in this world have died.

I imagine it was love at first sight for him, if not her. He's easily charmed, as Hjh Mariam found out when she met him.

The 2nd wife hasn't got a royal title yet. Except for "Yang Teramat Mulia". I imagine the Brunei people would not be happy when she gets one.

As for kindness and sensibility - those things tend to be pushed aside, when the ex-richest man in the world is pursuing you.

Zina said:
I imagine it was love at first sight for him, if not her. He's easily charmed, as Hjh Mariam found out when she met him.

The 2nd wife hasn't got a royal title yet. Except for "Yang Teramat Mulia". I imagine the Brunei people would not be happy when she gets one.

As for kindness and sensibility - those things tend to be pushed aside, when the ex-richest man in the world is pursuing you.

Oh so Mariam found him very easily charmed?? Please tell me more.

I agree with you Zina about the men of this family. I look at Prince Azim and he seems just like his father, so easily enamoured of celebrity. The way he hangs around socialites and celebs in London. I mean I understand he's a young man with wealth but its disappointing to see him not do something worthwhile with his life. I get the same feeling about most of the other men of this royal family. They're taken by anyone, and women in particular, who can gratify their ego. Its quite sad really.
The sultan is lucky indeed to have found a wife who has stayed by his side through all his shenanigans. The CP should count himself lucky too. Who knows what CP Sarah will have to put up with in the years to come. If it wasnt for the women of this family I dont know what the men would do.

Reina said:
It's so sad that the Queen had to move out of her own home. COuldn't the second wife go somewhere else? But at least she will never be divorced.
She should get divorced so she can find someone who loves her. I'm sure she'll get a good settlement.

Lindy80 said:
She should get divorced so she can find someone who loves her. I'm sure she'll get a good settlement.

As the Queen, she cant just marry anyone. Imagine the Queen of England, divorcing her Prince Philip and marrying somebody else - who could she marrY?

She's stuck in the life she was born and bred to lead. A divorce would be out of the question. Although she has moved out of the Palace. That's as good as a separation. Good for her.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I agree completely jennyfer.
The sultan has tremendous wealth, he has a wife, he has lots of healthy kids.
What more could he want.
The way he has behaved surprising to me. I wont even get into the debate over the very strict conditions required for making polygamy "possible"
None of those requirements exist in this case.
I think this whole thing will make people love Queen Saleha even more.
The sultan of Brunei is no more hero to the people of brunei due to this time he married again. what a bad suprised for me when i heard the news, his highness marry a reporter from malaysia. Is he try to make a cinderella story , make all the girs' dream come true , one night turn to rich and famous?

Can someone tell me about the realationship of Queen Saleha and Sultan ex-wife HJ Mariam, as i watch the previous news in RTB they both always attend every woman funtion in BSB?They both talk and laughed to each other.
Prince Jefri where is he now, is he still in Brunei? As i heard from my friends in brunei who is his wife cousin, the father in law (Luis) had 4 wives too, each wife have their own house which cost 100million and their kids disco everynite in their home, they will invite their friend to their house in the early morning (2am) and crazy until morning. my friend saw luis (prince jefri's father in law) son and daughter kissing each others....this is true and life for them is easy going and no worriness at all, and prince Jefri took Luis 2 daughter to be his women when the time Prince Jefri is having his freedom in the kingdom.

Zina said:
I am surprised to learn that the Sultan's new wife is a divorcee! Azrinaz was previously married to a high profile Malaysian Minister's son and had 2 children with him! That is something that the newspapers didn't report....it just proves what a character Azrinaz must be to leave her husband and kids for an old grandfather and somebody else's husband! It adds more sordidity to the already sordid affair. There is speculation also, that Azrinaz is not really 26 years old but in fact much older - she certainly looks older than 26.

Princess Rashidah's husband has married a divorcee too - the lady friend he made pregnant is Malaysian, like Azrinaz, and has 2 children from her previous marriage. I must say that the Brunei Royal family, with all these intermarriages with divorcees - it's what we call "second hand goods".

this gets better and better. Was the new wife already divorced when she met the sultan or did she get a divorce after meeting him?
Its amazing that the media didnt cover this aspect of the relationship, not even the Malaysian media at the time.
I remember some sources at the time of the marriage in August said that she was 23 and I found that hard to believe.

Latest pictures of Queen Saleha (Infofoto)

I don't know so much about Queen Saleha, but she seems a very cheerful lady! People in Brunei must be happy to have such a charming Queen.

azrinaz is not a divorcee.when she got married to teh sultan...she is still single. do not believe the rumours.

great to see Queen Saleha back to her full duties (so far I have only seen her receiving dignitaries at the royal palace)
Here are some articles and pictures.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Her Majesty declares Leaders Gathering open [/FONT]
The Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam is hosting the eight-day "Leaders Gathering 2005". Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha declared open the gathering held in Gadong yesterday.

Also present were Her Royal Highness Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah Nuurul Bulqiah, HRH Princess Hjh Hafizah Sururul Bulqiah and HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam.

http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/dec6h17.htm

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Face challenges with courage [/FONT]
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha yesterday said strengths and values of leadership are key issues for any organisation or movement.

"The challenges of leadership are many and they should be faced with a moral courage forged through understanding, and also a strength and will that is tempered with compassion."
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/dec6h1.htm

Attachments

• 6pic1.jpg
    6pic1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 661
  • 6pic2.jpg
    6pic2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 6pic19.jpg
    6pic19.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 740
  • 6pic15.jpg
    6pic15.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 601
  • 6pic16.jpg
    6pic16.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 620
  • 6pic17.jpg
    6pic17.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 567
  • 6pic18.jpg
    6pic18.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 650
This Brunei royal' thread gives me know that even showered with diamonds and other precious jewelries their life are quiet sad (at least in my opinion). I was hoping that this womanizer habit of sultan and her brothers won't continue to the new generation but its already hapenned with princess Rashida's husband:( :eek:. I agree that new generation behaviour often gets an influence from previouse generation's.

Last edited:
Brunei Family Unit

galuhcandrakirana said:
This Brunei royal' thread gives me know that even showered with diamonds and other precious jewelries their life are quiet sad (at least in my opinion). I was hoping that this womanizer habit of sultan and her brothers won't continue to the new generation but its already hapenned with princess Rashida's husband:( :eek:. I agree that new generation behaviour often gets an influence from previouse generation's.

I can certainly see your point. The family seems rather distant from one another and quite openly so, different ones going their separate ways seeminly without regard to the others. I often think of their interactions with one another and feel they have found a way to be a family in their own unique way.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Her Majesty grants audiences at Istana Nurul Iman [/FONT]
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha yesterday granted an audience to Mrs Ivy Lim Swee Lian - the spouse of the Second Minister of Defence and Minister of Manpower of the Republic of Singapore - at the Istana Nurul Iman. The day also saw Her Majesty granting audiences to both Mrs Koesmoekandarimah Herijanto Soeprapto, the spouse of Indonesian Ambassador to Brunei Darussalam, and Mrs Fauzia Jawed, the wife of Pakistani High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/wed/feb8h11.htm

Pictures from Infofoto:

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha consented to receive in audience the wife of the Chief of Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, Mrs Rukhsana Kaleem. Also present was Datin Hajah Kalshom binti Haji Suhaili, wife of the RBAF Commander, Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi. Brunei Online

pictures from infofoto

i admire queen saleha. For her age,she still has a nice body..

always a brave smile on your face.. you're a darling Mother. Wish you all the happiness..

The most beautiful smile of Queen Saleha is captured on (from left) the 3rd picture with the wife of the chief of air staff, Pakistan Air Force posted by Humera.

Last edited:
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

jello said:
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

wow. I did not know this. So the Queen was actually supposed to be NO. 1 of the country has she been a male...The Queen seems to be one tough, great woman. I guess you have to be if you are in that position. :)

I was borned in Brunei Darussalam. I study Brunei history in my school, and very well about the Brunei's Culture:)

Back
Top Bottom