Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to Part 1 of the Queen Saleha thread where you may post recent news, pictures, comments and articles. Please remember to follow the Attachment and Copyright Rules. Happy posting!

Is her title Queen Saleha or Sultana (or something else)?

La la said:
Is her title Queen Saleha or Sultana (or something else)?

Yes! her title is Her Majesty Queen or in the malay language in Brunei - Her Majesty Raja Isteri

Her Majesty, Crown Prince in farewell audienceJuly 25 - Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha yesterday granted farewell audiences to the spouses of three foreign envoys. The audiences took place at the Istana Nurul Iman.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/jul26h11.htm

Attachments

• 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 483
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 592
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Strong family, stronger nation [/font]

The strength of family institution plays a significant role in fostering and safeguarding the solidarity and harmony of all levels of the society, especially the younger generation.
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha said this in a titah during the launch of the Domestic Science Exhibition 2005 and prize presentation ceremony, held yesterday in conjunction with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's 59th birthday celebration.
.........Her Majesty was accompanied to the ceremony by HRH Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah Nuurul Bulqiah, HRH Princess Hjh Hafizah Sururul Bulqiah, and HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/aug15h1.htm

Pics from Infofoto

Attachments

• ARIF 02.JPG
    ARIF 02.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 401
  • RAFEE_001.JPG
    RAFEE_001.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 287
  • RAFEE_0001.JPG
    RAFEE_0001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 246
  • ARIF 11.JPG
    ARIF 11.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 414
  • ARIF 10.JPG
    ARIF 10.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 369
  • ARIF 08.JPG
    ARIF 08.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 351
  • ARIF 06.JPG
    ARIF 06.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 442
  • ARIF 05.JPG
    ARIF 05.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 275
  • ARIF 09.JPG
    ARIF 09.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 252
  • ARIF 05.JPG
    ARIF 05.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 255
more pictures...

Attachments

• RAFEE_007.JPG
    RAFEE_007.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 323
  • RAFEE_012.JPG
    RAFEE_012.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 274
  • RAFEE_011.JPG
    RAFEE_011.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 237
  • RAFEE_010.JPG
    RAFEE_010.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 277
  • RAFEE_008.JPG
    RAFEE_008.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 308
  • RAFEE_006.JPG
    RAFEE_006.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 378
  • RAFEE_005.JPG
    RAFEE_005.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 362
  • RAFEE_004.JPG
    RAFEE_004.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 547
  • RAFEE_003.JPG
    RAFEE_003.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 288
  • RAFEE_002.JPG
    RAFEE_002.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 290
and finally..

Attachments

• RAFEE_013.JPG
    RAFEE_013.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 250
  • RAFEE_014.JPG
    RAFEE_014.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 498
  • RAFEE_015.JPG
    RAFEE_015.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 351
  • RAFEE_016.JPG
    RAFEE_016.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 324
  • RAFEE_018.JPG
    RAFEE_018.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,822
  • RAFEE_019.JPG
    RAFEE_019.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 391
She look sooo calm, cheerful as usual, at least we can see that or she manage to hide the sorrow ...... she must be very strong person, especially being a figure known to public, and we, follow every foot steps of her's and what happening in the family. With her husband new marriage, I really wonder how she kept herself that way, not easy though ..... love and admire U Q.Saleha!

BOLK said:
She look sooo calm, cheerful as usual, at least we can see that or she manage to hide the sorrow ...... she must be very strong person, especially being a figure known to public, and we, follow every foot steps of her's and what happening in the family. With her husband new marriage, I really wonder how she kept herself that way, not easy though ..... love and admire U Q.Saleha!

you know I agree. I think its such an insult to a woman like Queen Saleha who has been by her husband's side and been his dutiful Queen for decades. And the sultan doesnt really seem to care about her feelings. First marrying and then divorcing Hjh Mariam and now marrying a woman who's younger than many of his own daughters.
I hope the Crown Prince will not turn out like his father, his mother's treatment at the hands of his dad should be enough to teach him a lesson not to do the same thing to his lovely wife Sarah.
Queen Saleha always comes across to me as a very strong woman. I hope she wont be too unhappy.

How does their dynamics change then? With a second wife to contend with, how does her role as first wife and Queen change? What would be the role of a second wife?

I'm not looking down at any group, but in my opinion, a man who marries more than one woman is disrespectful and ego-fueled.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
How does their dynamics change then? With a second wife to contend with, how does her role as first wife and Queen change? What would be the role of a second wife?

I'm not looking down at any group, but in my opinion, a man who marries more than one woman is disrespectful and ego-fueled.

you're not the only one with this opinion.
I think its very disrespectful to Queen Saleha and her kids. As for marrying more than one woman at once, the sultan seems to be the exception both in the royal family and in brunei in general. I'd agree that this act reflects badly on him and makes him out to be the indulgent sort.
The Queen is the first lady in the family anyway and will remain so despite this marriage. Atleast we can be thankful that the Sultan knows where precedence is due. In all the pictures I've seen of the Sultan's ex-wife Mariam at official events, Queen Saleha was always present with her and took precendence over her. So Im pretty sure thats how it'll work now.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're not the only one with this opinion.
I think its very disrespectful to Queen Saleha and her kids. As for marrying more than one woman at once, the sultan seems to be the exception both in the royal family and in brunei in general. I'd agree that this act reflects badly on him and makes him out to be the indulgent sort.
The Queen is the first lady in the family anyway and will remain so despite this marriage. Atleast we can be thankful that the Sultan knows where precedence is due. In all the pictures I've seen of the Sultan's ex-wife Mariam at official events, Queen Saleha was always present with her and took precendence over her. So Im pretty sure thats how it'll work now.

i dont think it'll work that way. she will remain title-less. and i dont think she will make a royal appearance.

so she wont be a princess like Hjh Mariam? that sounds strange but I think its appropriate. I'd be happy with that.

I doubt if she the first wife feels sorrow, she is his cousin whom he married when they were young. Besides, there was another wife for over 20 years until recently. The first wife may very well have encouraged taking a second wife.

His first wife probably knows him better than anyone and her love extends to his happiness, just as when he had a second wife for over 20 years. Whatever makes him happy should make her happy, this arrangement is nothing new for any of them, except perhaps the new wife. Sultan and his first wife are seldom seen together except at family functions. I notice he and all of his children participate in a lot of physical activities, without his first wife.

What he has done is not illegal. I am happy for the entire family and wish them all well.

Last edited:
i doubt she'll be a princess like hjh Mariam. unless...His Majesty wants it like that. but it will detoriate the views of his rakyat (his people) who have loved him unconditionally. i m sure most of them feel betrayed by this hidden knowledge. and will side with the Queen. the first time HM got married to hjh Mariam, rumours had it that the Queen cried her heart out. it is no doubt that she will cry again. though she is a courageous queen whom i admire deeply, no woman wants to share her husband, especially when she has no choice to choose.

Last edited:
I agree completely jennyfer.
The sultan has tremendous wealth, he has a wife, he has lots of healthy kids.
What more could he want.
The way he has behaved surprising to me. I wont even get into the debate over the very strict conditions required for making polygamy "possible"
None of those requirements exist in this case.
I think this whole thing will make people love Queen Saleha even more.

Last edited:
I think that's very uncalled for, whether he has done that before, on any occassion, the fact that he's taking a new one must hit the wife badly. I don't see any justification to the fact that they were married for a long time, that they were cousin, and marry at early age, remove her feeling towards the husband.????? why would she wants to encourage him to take another wife??? he had enough children, 10 of them, including 4 boys, for heir matter, ...
........... I don't see any reason in your statement, or at least the grounds was unjustifiable....sorry

yes I never believe people who suggest that the first wife encouraged something like this or had no objections. NO woman would ever give into her husband in such a situation willingly. As for the Queen, i bet she knows that her husband will do whatever he pleases anyway.

I just wish the Queen best of luck.I know it sounds "cheesy" but she deserves better than him.;) :)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes I never believe people who suggest that the first wife encouraged something like this or had no objections. NO woman would ever give into her husband in such a situation willingly. As for the Queen, i bet she knows that her husband will do whatever he pleases anyway.

Yes! Humera, that was definitely the case. The Queen definitely has objections upon her husband taking another wife especially after what had happened to the ex-wife. The Queen was very happy to have had her husband to herself after he divorced Hjh Mariam. But I did notice last year that her happiness changed again when I attended a royal function. I just hope the new 2nd wife would just leave the royal duties to the Queen & just stay out of the limelight.

I think the Queen seemed so happy at the CP's wedding. There were so many pictures of her and the sultan talking and smiling at each other. Its too bad it didnt last long.
I hope too, alfie, that the new wife has no real offical role. And I think the sultan will respect his first wife's position as Queen. It would be really odd if she had to share a position that has been rightfully hers for decades.

will the new lady have kids?

.. and that will strenghten her position/relationship with Sultan .... and in case anything happened to him or marriage, the "bulk" will be much bigger ......

I wish the Sultan would have thought twice about htis. Now after successfully rasing alot of kids, he has to raise more? And in his older age. This lady was pretyy enough to marry someone younger. He shoudl have given her to one of his sons or brothers.

i was thinking the sultan should think about the marriages of his own daughters. Some of them are older than his new bride. His kids are his responsibility first.

Zina said:
I have heard stories that the whole family were not at all happy about it. And that the Queen wanted HM to get back together with Hjh Mariam, his ex. But Hjh Mariam did not wish it, as she has a boyfriend now. I also heard stories that all of HM's kids were very upset , especially Hjh Mariam's kids.

that much i suspected too. I doubt any of his kids are happy about this.

The Queen didnt find out until after he was married? I cant believe it.
I hope God gives her the strength to get through this. Knowing that her family and her country are on her side will make things somewhat easier. I never realized I'd be so worried about her in a situation such as this.
I also hope all of this will be a lesson to the Crown Prince, his mother's pain, his family and country's dissapointment should be enough for him to never do something like this to his own wife.
Lastly, I have avoided saying anything about the bride. But I wonder at any woman who can be a part of something so deceitful and sneaky.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors with the family and especially a husband and wife, any comments regarding that are pure speculation. I would like to think that the Sultan and his wives respect, honor, love and support one another. When Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed were married there was a lot of "how could they?!" and pics of them show that they are both very happy together. I hope in time this too will prove that the Sultan is very happy and content with his decision to take another wife and that the family and public will see and respect his choice.

If in fact the Sultan did not inform anyone of his plans to marry, then there was obviously a break in the perceived closness that was shared, all the more reason to take another wife. Again, I wish them all well and a lifetime of happiness.

Back
Top Bottom