Princesses Azemah & Fadzillah, Princes Abdul Azim & Abdul Mateen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Princess Azeemah attends final event of sponsored torch run

August 1, 2005- Her Royal Highness Princess Azeemah Ni’matul Bolkiah, Royal Patron of the Special Olympics Brunei Darussalam and Chairperson of the Pusat Ehsan Board of Trustee, last night consented to attend the final event of the completion of the sponsored torch run of the Bocce Special Olympics Asia-Pacific 2005. Her Royal Highness was welcomed upon arrival at the Taman Haji Sir Muda Omar Ali Saifuddien in the capital, by the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports, Awang Haji Jemat bin Ampal and other members of the organising committee. Also present was Her Royal Highness Princess Fadzillah Lubabul Bolkiah.
http://www.rtb.gov.bn/news3.html

Both sisters still looking very tanned. Pictures from Infofoto.​

Attachments

• 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,814
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,181
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,712
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 9,783
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,360
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,870
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 7,403

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 14,085
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24,760
I must admit that i don't know much about the Brunei Royal Family, apart from the fact that the Sultan used to be the richest man in the world!

But, I'm just wondering do the Brunei Princesses wear hedscarves at home and not when abroad, as in the last 2 posts you've poted, Humera? Is that common?

pictures of princess azemah and princess fadzillah; prince azeem and prince mateen; alongside with others...

(pics are from www.friendster.com)

Attachments

• 14991214240880l.jpg
    14991214240880l.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 19,276
  • 14987456037882l.jpg
    14987456037882l.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 11,363
Last edited:
Little_star said:
I must admit that i don't know much about the Brunei Royal Family, apart from the fact that the Sultan used to be the richest man in the world!

But, I'm just wondering do the Brunei Princesses wear hedscarves at home and not when abroad, as in the last 2 posts you've poted, Humera? Is that common?

well...I think one of our bruneian members might be able to explain it better. But since they've been away for a while I'll try to.
From what I've gathered after asking similar questions, this requirement for royal women to cover is pretty recent. Even Queen Saleha didnt use to cover her hair a few years ago. Some have suggested that she might have started doing so after she went for the hajj.
Also, the new crown princess doesnt cover all the time, mostly at official duties at home and abroad. But at less formal events in Brunei she doesnt cover. Most women of the royal family do wear the hijab. Not all of them though (Datin Faizah, wife of the Sultan's brother Prince Sufri etc)
As for Princesses Azemah and Fadzillah, they spend most of their time in London with their mom anyway so they're only seen wearing the hijab at official events in Brunei.

jennyfer said:
pictures of princess azemah and princess fadzillah; prince azeem and prince mateen; alongside with others...

welcome jennyfer, nice to see you finally posting!
btw...you might want to mention the source of your pics or they'll be deleted by the mods.

Thank you for the explanation, Humera.

thanks for the warning humera! im still not familiar with the "rules", heehee.

Attachments

• 15275725021217l.jpg
    15275725021217l.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,357
  • 15276120363095l.jpg
    15276120363095l.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7,857
  • 15295974338804l.jpg
    15295974338804l.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 9,136
Last edited:
great pics again jennyfer.
Azemah and Fadzillah seem like they're very close to each other and to their adopted siblings. I think its wonderful.
Its too bad they dont seem to have the same relationship with Queen Saleha's kids.

are they fromn the sultan's second marriage, and why are they so tanned???

hania said:
are they fromn the sultan's second marriage, and why are they so tanned???

Yes! they are Hjh Mariam's daughters. They are enjoying the summer holidays at the beach, mostly jet-skiing and other water sport activities.

September 19, 2005 - Prince Azim and sister Fadzillah at the Versace Shop Re-Launch in London. From Newscom
The other two must be friends of theirs' or perhaps adopted siblings?

Attachments

• zumalive261040.jpg
    zumalive261040.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,140
  • zumalive261041.jpg
    zumalive261041.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,136
  • zumalive261042.jpg
    zumalive261042.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7,874
  • zumalive261043.jpg
    zumalive261043.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,221
I would just like to ask something. So, how many children does the Sultan have with his 2nd wife?

I hope someone could give me links to their biographies also.

paulette said:
I would just like to ask something. So, how many children does the Sultan have with his 2nd wife?

I hope someone could give me links to their biographies also.

The Sultan has 4 children with his 2nd ex-wife Miriam, their first child was a son born in 1982, then their first daughter was born 1984, the second daughter born 1985, their 4th child together was a son born in 1991.. The Sultan and Miriam were married 28th Oct 1981 and divorced early 2003.

hey evrione! im a newbie here.. hope to noe u guys better.. im interestd in the brunei royalty too..btw..anione has those two cute princesses' profile on friendster>?

for a mment there i thot that was prince mateen eating ices with the princesses;)

I actually, found out about the Brunei royal family through one of my best friends who is from Brunei. His family owns a lot of businesses and are extremely well off. His father was sent on a few occasions to scout for the hairem and a few other jobs which he won't tell me about. But yes, my friend knows personally the children, some better than others. He talks to azeemah on friendster.

Also, it would appear that the sultan really is still the riches man, but its very hard to keep count of such things. I've been told that Brunei is like a big family business, with fingers in a lot of business pies. Its incredibly hard to make an accurate account of the true value. Did you know that the Sultan owns and incredibly large portion of Harrods? I don't know what % or anything, everything I know if from my friend.

Anyway, if you guys want stories I'm sure i can get them.

heylo djante...do you mind.. u noe wats azeemah's nick on frenster? ive been trying to find her for ages! id appreaciate if you couldfind out for me.. ;)

Hello

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here still wondering around how to get around this site.

I really enjoy reading the stories of our Royal family especially with His Majesty's children with Puan Hajah Mariam. When their parents got divorced I actually read Princess Azimah's comment in brudirect HYS. I feel sorry for them, I know its hard for them having to get through the situation especially when they're still in their teens.

I manage to get some updates on their whereabout and their current activities from a very reliable source. I hope that they will succeed in everything that they're doing.

I hope to hear more updates on them. I'm a huge fan of Prince Azim, Princess Azimah and PAIPA Sarah.

Cheers everyone.. Take Care:)

Hi there..
Brudirect HYS is a brunei based website, HYS is the "Have Your Say" column.. Anyone can post just about anything there.. You try to search maybe they still have it there.. Go to www.brudirect.com

Norjinah said:
Hi there..
Brudirect HYS is a brunei based website, HYS is the "Have Your Say" column.. Anyone can post just about anything there.. You try to search maybe they still have it there.. Go to www.brudirect.com

could you please tell us what Azemah's comment was about her parents' divorce?

Princess' Letter Over Divorce Touches Hearts of Bruneians

I don't think it would be easy to find that particular post on HYS' archives since they have highly likely deleted it. They say even the Sultan reads HYS sometimes and some even speculate he even had replied anonymously to a few posts. Who knows right?

So here's an article with some quotes from Princess Azemah's entry on HYS, I found at http://www.gossipmagazine.com/ManageArticle.asp?C=140&A=216

Princess' Letter Over Divorce Touches Hearts Of Bruneians
February 10, 2003

The princess, one of four children from the Brunei ruler's second marriage to Ms. Mariam Abdul Aziz, also expressed the agony she and her siblings were going through because of the breakup of the royal marriage.

Taking direct aim at the rumour-mongers on the Internet, the princess wrote: 'We can take your views but those cruel and heartless comments are tearing me and my brother (Mateen) apart because you are talking about our parents.'

'This was actually a private matter that has been mismanaged, abused and taken advantage of, and the fact that you think you know better only shows how ignorant you all are,' the princess added in her report on the Internet.

She went on to say that this 'has been one of the best smear campaigns in history and I wish to thank all of you for your heartless comments'. Her father, the 56-year-old Brunei ruler, divorced her mother after more then 20 years of marriage according to Islamic rites on Sunday.

According to the website, Brunei has been rife with gossip that all was not well with the marriage for more than three months. News of the divorce brought on a flood of comments. But Pengiran Azemah's retort in Brudirect found a quick and sympathetic response in the Brunei public.

One person wrote to the website: 'I share your sadness. Just to let you know, not all people are heartless and cruel. I am one of the many who have my sincere sympathy. There are still many who care. You and your brother are still very young. Be strong. Life must go on.'

Wow. Thanks for sharing that Dang Ayah.
Its so unusual to have a royal speak out in this way about their parents' divorce. But I guess Azemah must've felt very hurt at the time, not only because of the divorce but also because of the rampant gossip it generated (although I didnt know anything about the royals of Brunei at the time)

We see this sort of gossiping about royals and famous people so often, it must be so hurtful to the people who are the targets of such speculation.
None of us would want to go through something like this under the public and media spotlight.
Azemah's comments are really so compelling.

Last edited:
I went through the previous threads and read the speculations about their divorce... those speculations were really hurting specially since they weren't true (such as being caught in bed with someone else...)

Recently, I attended the Imperial College Bruneian Night at the Shaw Theatre in London. The guest of honour was Puan Hajah Mariam. Princess Azemah and Princess Fadzilah was also at the event and other royalties.

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures!

I remember when i was in brunei i ever saw the sultan and HJ mariam riding a Harley Davison Motor bike at the Jerudong Beach, they both look so lovely and happy and very romantic. About 12 body guards was all around the beach area. Time pass by, unforturnaly HJ Mariam can't stand the loniness and unhappy life. Certainly, life is not easy for her. As the 2nd wife of the Sultan, YTM Azrinaz now she must be full of curious and enjoy her luxury life. In future.......hey u never know!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom