Princess Sarah current events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that is Sarah herself who must decide about having children right now or not. Certainly, she is very young, and for our new west globalizated culture she seems to be claustrated into a Palace to "waste" her teenager years there.

However, let me said that not too longtime ago, teenagers made revolutions, dreamed about changing the world, raised children and made great things. Did you know how old Evita was when she died?...33...And many other characters of Universal history, women and men are the same. Nowadays, a person is a teenager until he/she reachs 35 years old. It's O.K to feel forever young in spirit, but I think that our modern world preaches inmaturity as a lifestyle.

Princess Sarah seems a great person to me, and the fact she doesn't go to discos to dance until she is tired, don't mean she must bore at Palace.

In fact, I should love to be a princess like her...Not to go to parties and receive ambassadors and wear beatiful dresses, but to be able to help other people with my money and time. :eek:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
I think that is Sarah herself who must decide about having children right now or not...
Why Vanesa.... well said.

That is exactly what a princess or anyone in a position of means, wealth, fame or power should ideally do,...to make a difference to the world , improving the lives of people of lesser means.i mean look around you.... its a travesty that in some parts of the world we actually still have people dying of hunger and denied of basic needs like health care and education., earning less than $1 USD a day etc . By living a life of purpose and making a differnece makes this human life worth while. I really think HRH is capable of doing these instead of wasting her life away flagrantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said too, Minnie!!! :D

Vanesa.

im sure she would have been trained (or is still training) to speak well and to carry herself well in front of the cameras. its great that brunei press is not as fanatic as paparazzi in other countries, and in fact are respectful to the Royal Family in the area of privacy.

Sarah must have her own skills to be a princess, for most of princess were taught since little girls to held in front of cameras and to speak, and however, they does it badly. Good for Princess Sarah can do her task with natural grace and sweetness.

And good to Brunei's paparazzis too! Its a good thing that they let live and breath their Royal Family ...

Vanesa.:)

I hope Princess Sarah is as smart as she is pretty. I think she is, personally.:)

I seem to recall a discussion during the time of her wedding about the princess being allowed to take college level courses or go to school or something like that. I asked this before then and I'll ask it again because I'm old and forgetful:D :D

Are the female members of the royal family allowed to get an education?

mgrant said:
I hope Princess Sarah is as smart as she is pretty. I think she is, personally.:)

I seem to recall a discussion during the time of her wedding about the princess being allowed to take college level courses or go to school or something like that. I asked this before then and I'll ask it again because I'm old and forgetful:D :D

Are the female members of the royal family allowed to get an education?

Yes! they are allowed to get an education. Both Princess Rashidah & Princess Muta-Wakkilah have master degrees to go with their bachelor degrees. Princess Azemah & Princess Fazillah are attending universites in United Kingdom doing their bachelor degrees. Princess Mansurah Izzul, daughter of Prince Mohamad recently graduated with BA Honours degree in International Relations from Keele University, United Kingdom on thursday, 6th of July 2006. Many other royal cousins too have graduated & are now working in the government.

yup, i heard sthg similar too. i think her mum wanted princess sarah to finish her education as a "condition"

She does seem to be doing alright as a crown princess :)
but it is such a shame, that her parents allowed her to marry a 40 something year old man! it makes me question, the motives? was it really her decision to get married or her parents? although Princess Diana was young as well when got married, she was still over 18. Considered an adult. I never got the feeling that Diana was forced to marry Charles, but that she chose to do it on her own. She also didn't seem to have the best childhood, and I'm sure that forced her to grow up a bit quicker. Again this is simply my opinion :)

JOY! said:
but it is such a shame, that her parents allowed her to marry a 40 something year old man! it makes me question, the motives? was it really her decision to get married or her parents? although Princess Diana was young as well when got married, she was still over 18. Considered an adult. I never got the feeling that Diana was forced to marry Charles, but that she chose to do it on her own. She also didn't seem to have the best childhood, and I'm sure that forced her to grow up a bit quicker. Again this is simply my opinion :)

Crown Prince Billah was born in the year of 1976, so he isn't 40 something quite yet.:)
His father, the Sultan is celebrating his 60th birthday this month.

Last edited:
Saba said:
Crown Prince Billah was born in the year of 1976, so he isn't 40 something quite yet.:)
His father, the Sultan is celebrating his 60th birthday this month.

Crown Prince Billah's birthday is 17 Feb 1974.

Her Royal Highness At Peepolykus Show

Bandar Seri Begawan - Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah last night enjoyed a performance by Peepolykus, (pronounced `People like us') one of the UK's premier comic theatre groups.

The entertaining performance took place at the Dewan DiGadong, Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports.
http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/Archive/July06/090706/nite11.htm

Pictures from Infofoto

JOY! said:

Crown Prince Billah is just 32, darling!

has she ever been seen without a scarf on her head? i think i've seen pictures of other brunei royal women without the scarves and they were at official functions. is she allowed to do that?

I think she is allowed to be without her hijab. I remember I saw a pic or two of her without it in this same Forum, but I can't remember in what thread...Maybe this very thread in the first pages? Please check them out just to see if I'm right...:confused: I think she looks great without hijab, but she looks better with it. She looks very stylish in her traditional dress. I'm a little bored of seeing people always dressed in the same way, so, Brunei dresses seems wonderful to me with all these colours and bright flowers in them!

Vanesa.

Yeah! I was right! You may find a good pic of her without hijab in the page number two of this thread..and some more in the page number 3. Enjoy! ;)

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Yeah! I was right! You may find a good pic of her without hijab in the page number two of this thread..and some more in the page number 3. Enjoy! ;)

Vanesa.

Just to let you all know that the local word for headscarf is "tudung" in the Bruneian language.

"Hijab" refers to headcovering inclusive of face veil, which Bruneians don't wear.

Sarah only wears tudung for official royal functions, the rest of the time she walks about freely showing her hair like any other western teenager. With her Swiss mother, she is mostly western influenced in her upbringing I believe.

thank you so much!! both of you

Thank you for the insight, Zina! So...I like Sarah wearing her "tudung". I will use the right name of the headscarf.

However, I have lots of Iranians reviews and they call "hijab" to all kind of covering, not necessarily the one includind face veil. Iranians doesn't cover their faces (and much less nowadays), but the women covering is named "hijab" in a whole.

Vanesa.:)

PAIPA Sarah had recently started her orientation week in Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Previously, she was taken on a private tour around the campus where she was accompanied by PA Wadood's wife, Pg Seti Aminah.

Sarah's doing a 4 year bachelor degree in Public Policy or something to do with Policy. Maybe she's preparing for her future role in running the country!

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Orientation Week commences at UBD [/FONT]
Article: Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto

This must be quite exciting for Sarah. I see her parents and Prince Wudood in the pictures but was the Crown Prince present as well?

Good luck sarah! It must be tough to be a university student and at the same time being groomed to be the future queen. If you need any help in economics, i wouldn't mind helping, just give a shout! :)

Rock, Sarah, Rock!

anyone can post some HRH Sarah with out her "tudung"? she looks more pretty and cute with out it... anyone?

thanks,
_miss_miracles_

Check my answer in one of my messages above, Miss_Miracles_ . And you'll also find a little discussion about the whole "tudung-scarf-hijab" thing. :blush:

Vanesa.

mena is older than her by 2 years. is she an incoming freshman too?

Actually Mena is older than Sarah by 3 years. She's a freshman in UBD too yea though I don't know what course she's reading.

Back
Top Bottom