HRH Princess Azrinaz current events 1: March 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zina said:
I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.

My dear Zina,

The fact is, in Islam a man can have up to 4 wives. He neednt get permission from his wife. As long as he treats his wives equally, then in the eyes of Allah , he would not have commited any sin. Only certain Islamic countries make that its land law ie. The needs to get permission from his 1st wife so as to deter men who abuse this right. In other words, marry only when you can afford, who better but the first wife should know if her husband can afford financially or physically his extra wife. In Brunei Sultan’s case, he is the head of state, he knows he can afford both. He need not obtain the Queen’s permission.

As I can safely assume, us here in this forum are merely repeating “hear says”. Meaning we are talking from what we have heard from people who claims to know, who are “close” to the royal family but not the Queen or Sultan themselves. (God forbid if they knew this forum is discussing their private lives!)Hear says can also be distorted. What im trying to get at is, how do we know that the Sultan didn’t tell Queen Saleha of his intended marriage when they were both alone? She may have kept that secret to herself and left it to the Sultan to break the news to his people and country, his way, his time. (Infact it was also possible she could have prayed and hope it wouldn’t happen) Seriously, I am not trying to colour any event nor am i trying to coerce anyone else thinking my way. Since this is a forum, I am merely giving my opinion on its other possiblilities., merely complimenting (balancing) your quite negative views ...

Most Sultans in Malaysia that has 2 wives never marry their second wives in grand weddings. Even normal men don’t. And it is out of RESPECT for the first wife. (By all means marry but don’t flaunt the event). It is just not done.

Im curious did Mariam have a grand wedding with bersanding when she married the Sultan?

hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.I am also originally from S Africa and just moved 2 Turk about 15 months ago.I would also like 2 say that I was a fan of the Brunei royal fam. since the 80's & would like 2 know alot more about them.I know that the sultan was married 2 an airhostess.would like 2 know what her name was,I forgot.Anybody remember?Thanx

To Pixelle.Read what u explaned 2 Zina about having 2 or more wives in Islam.I would like 2 explain 2 u that u r a little wrong.I am not only an Eng teacher but also an Islamic Madrassah teacher.A man has 2 ask his 1st wife for permission 2 take a 2nd wife.If she refuses he may not take a 2nd.She can also agree but the reason should be a valid 1,ie. either the 1st wife cannot have any kids, she is cripple, blind,etc,physically or mentally unfit 2 carry out the duties of a wife,then he may marry again.He can also marry a woman if he fears that she would commit 2 adultery if she is a widow as the men did in the time of our beloved prophets when their husbands went 2 Islamic battles & left them (the wives) widows.So, even if u r a king or sultan and u r a muslim u have 2 ask yur 1st wife for permission 2 marry again.There is a saying that goes, (by having more than 1 wife is the quickest way 2 hell),cause even if u r the richest person alive on earth, u can never ever treat them equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before HM marry with the 2nd wife Hajar Mariam, Brunei is only allow to have one wife, more then one wife is not approved by the muslim in Brunei. At that time HM fight with his father to marry with Hajar Mariam and a title for her. At that moment it was a disaster for Queen saleha (at last they both become very cross to each other). After that, HM legal for every muslim man allow to have 4 wives. This muslim's law is made by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah to have 4 wives. Azrinaz before she marry to the sultan, she already divorce twice, if follow the Royal brunei law this is not allow, but the sultan has his own way never care Queen saleha's face and bad influence for the people of brunei. But one thing is good Brunei has no tax....:D everyone happy and no worry

Can we please stick to the topic at hand? ie: Princess Azrinaz's current events. Lets not get into a religious debate or discussions about other members of the Brunei royal family.

Thank You

~*~Humera~*~
Royal Family of Brunei Moderator

nooj said:
hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.

im from brunei, living in australia. so if ozzie is ahead 8 hrs, brunei shud be ahead of turkey 6 hrs because australia (well brisbane), is 2 hrs ahead of brunei. does tht make sense?

yes thanx PP it does make sensecause sydney is about 8 hrs from here,cause my sister phs. me often from there. thanx again,now I know brunei's time too

Hİ GUYS just seen the most adorable pics of azrinaz's cute little bundle of joy.He looks soooo sweet on his prayer meeting day.

Please note that since Princess Azrinaz does not perform solo royal duties, you will not always find information on her latest public appearances in this thread. Right now the Royal Family of Brunei and the Queen Saleha threads have links to her latest pictures from events she has attended with other members of the royal family.

Last edited:
princess azrinaz is certainly lovely. i find her really pretty and discrete. do you think he has a good relation with princess sarah considering they are both around the same age?

yeah azrinaz..i know her personally...we were college mates and become tv reporters..

Azrinaz is glamorous because she was a TV personality before her marriage to the Sultan. I like her dresses, simple yet elegant.

She is indeed elegant, but news about her for awhile.

Wasn't there a roumor the Princess was pregnant again??

The rumour is a couple of months old atleast. Azrinaz was present at the royal banquet to mark the installation of the new King of Malaysia and she does not look pregnant in any of the pictures. Now you see why we prefer to wait for official confirmation of such news at TRF.

You can see pictures of Princess Azrinaz, and other Brunei royals attending the celebrations in Malaysia here

Thank you! Will it be safe to say the Princess isn't expecting??

Princess Robijn said:
Thank you! Will it be safe to say the Princess isn't expecting??
Yes it should be quite safe since we have no credible information to prove the contrary.

Last edited:
Princess Azrinaz looked very elegant during the banquet to mark the installation of the king new king of Malaysia.

Yes, she is elegant and pretty too.

How do I get the contact no of Mr. Masri Osman, the Brunei Royal Photographer?

Is Azrinaz previously married before she became Princess of Brunei?

She is not pretty but she is YOUNG, young lady or woman always attractive!! Young man or woman has fresh face and fit body.
Nothing special from Her, if we look from the head till the toe but she is still young and after she married the top wealthy man in the world no wonder if she looks "OK" now.
We have to admire for Queen Saleha, because in Her ages She still looks charming and Her body (after delivery 6 children) still amazing.

Both look wonderful and charming to me..:flowers:

PI azrinaz is indeed pregnant. as evident in this pic, from 26th october,to celebrate the birthday of Queen Saleha
RAFEE_9.jpg

it is not customary for the Royal Household to make Official Announcements on Royal Pregnancies. we usually just hear the good news of them safely delivering the newest prince/princess. According to inside sources, PI Azrinaz is due around March. her tummy isn't very obvious but she was also like that when she was pregnant with Prince Wakeel.

Princess Majeedah is also expecting. yeah, more royal babies!

PI Azrinaz. pic taken from the commemorative book "Dirgahayu" for the Sultan's 61st birthday this year. not sure if this has been posted here previously. enjoy anyway.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/feathers_91/DSC01290.jpg.

and this is the one year old Prince Wakeel, taken from the same book
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/feathers_91/DSC01292.jpg

here is Prince Wakeel, a bit younger. now this is from the commemorative book from Princess Majeedah's wedding in June 07
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/feathers_91/DSC00898.jpg

PI Azrinaz from the same book.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/feathers_91/DSC00892.jpg

azrinaz is pregnant

Yup, in one of the latest photos where HM and his two wives left for Singapore, you can see an obvious baby bump on Azrinaz :wub:

Didn't knoe Princess Majeedah is pregnant too..

IMO, Azrinaz is so lucky to have His Majesty as her husband and the cute litle Prince Wakeel as their son.

How do you know Princess Majeedah is pregnant?

Thanks for posting all the pictures of Azrinaz! I think she is very attractive and stylish.

Is Azrinaz have indon blood? she look like Indonesian on the 1st photo.

Princess Ameerah will have her "mandi belawat" towrds the end of march. The Dirgahayu are only given to guests attending his majesty's birthday celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom