HRH Princess Azrinaz current events 1: March 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well..congrats i must say the newborn..

bigheadshirmp said:
can you kindly scan the pic and post it here? i would love to see that pic!! many thankz!:D

Here's the pic of the ex-2nd wife, Mariam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/tlklhm/Portrait-Mariam.jpg

The pic is from the following book:

Title : By God’s Will: a portrait of the Sultan of Brunei / by Lord Chalfont
Author : Chalfont, Arthur Gwynne Jones, Baron, 1919 –
Publisher : London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, c1989

i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!

I found some pictures of Azrinaz at this Blog. A few of them are her old pictures but I am almost sure that the ones with the pink hijab must be her latest pictures.

http://mckk8286.com/azrinaz

Hi All,

I have been coming to this site on and off to view the photos of The Brunei family. Havent been in here for ages.I am now kinda horrified at reading some of the things that has been said about Azrinaz.

I seriously do not understand how anyone could write such awful lies about her.I mean she is one lucky girl, to have been born fated and destined at birth to marry one of the richest man in the world.Even tho I do not know her personally, I AM HAPPY for her.Sure, the Sultan is old, but he is still a good looking man and certainly very able to have a young wife. And TRUE LOVE does and can exist between a young woman and an older man as long as he can care for her.The only reason for some of the people here to comment things like her "hitting the jackpot" stems only from jealousy!

Worst still, to even say she has had previous marriages, and also a son! She was single before she married the Sultan.And as a young woman, i'm sure she has had her suitors but never husbands.Rumours have said she was romantically linked to Khairy but then it could also be concluded from one date! Don't believe everything you hear..

I am fortunate enough to know Azrinaz 's only older brother.And he is 30 years old. So, be rest assured she is still in her 20s.And for your information this newborn prince is his ONLY nephew.

To me Azrinaz is pretty in her own way, and she does know how to carry herself.She has groomed herself well, probably learnt how to when she was working for the TV station.Arent they (tv presenters)all groomed well for the tv shows?Furthermore, It is possible for her to look better when she is now happily married to the one of the richest Sultan. She glows from within!

It really is sad to hear people passing rumours of her nose job. I seriously doubt a pregnant woman would put herself under a surgeons knives to make herself look better when she is already securedly married to the sultan. Believe that TRUE LOVE can transform one to being beautiful..

pixelle ur right. i know that we lost our contact (me and azrinaz) but i think she has always been the same person like she was 10 years ago. i do not agree that she was married before and had a child with that person. anyway, in subang jaya word spreads.....if she was married, i tell u....we would know alright!! but as far as myself and other ppl in subang knows....she wasnt attached to anyone. just to clarify that. anyhow...what can u do about it if a royalty proposed to u? cant do much can u? furthermore the sultan is good looking....age is only a number. right? and i have relatives in brunei who knows the internal affairs about the sultan...so dont spread gossips....u'll do more sin. but who am i to judge good or bad ay? well.....laterz..

I believe YTM Azrinaz was conferred the Pengiran Isteri title already, yea? Hahaha I'm not sure cos I was away from home for 9 months! Just got back yay!

hani9791 said:
i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!

cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?

What exactly is this confinement period? is it a tradition after giving birth? how long does it last? Is it compulsory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally malay family have this "confinement" period from the day of birth and lasted for abot 40 and to some 44 days. The mother is forbid to a certain food or actions like lifting heavily thing and walking fast (don't ask me why, I myself cannot rationalised this, although old folks believe it's not good for the uterus as it's in "sickly condition") The woman (new mother) also will wrap themselves, sometimes accompanied with certain application of herbs (in addition to oral herbs), wrapping around her abdomen (this is mainly to get back her figure and to tone up abdominal muscle. Confinement often accompanied with traditional massage.

I think a miss a bit more of "confinement period", but this is basically what it means. Hope you get the idea.

i think confinement not only applies to muslim women who just gave birth, but to most (if not all) women. tho the rituals may not be the same, all women need to have that confinement period to rest from giving birth and most important of all, spend precious time with the new baby :)
most babies have a "confinement period" as well, because they are very prone to disease so are given a few days to stay at home

cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?

hi issa so sorry i havent replied ur msg. anyway...she was an average person. wasnt that popular at high school but tried seeking the seniors attention. friendly?? hmm she was alright but she always had this snobby look on her face. but she's a nice person though. does that answers ur question?

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]an article from a few days ago...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Istiadat Bersiram at Istana [/FONT]

Thanksgiving prayers for the "Istiadat Bersiram" of Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar on the occasion of the birth of His Majesty's son, His Royal Highness Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel, were held yesterday afternoon at the Istana Nurul Iman's Surau.
. . .
It is an event to honour, announce and welcome the newest member of the royal family. Borneo Bulletin

Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?

Cukur Jambol

Greetings..

Got these photos thru mail.Thought i'd share these with this forum.
I think these were taken during a ceremony called "Cukur Jambol" (a malay custom to snip off a little bit of hair)for the latest prince. It is usually held at the end of the confinement period.Normally, this ceremony iincludes reading some religious rites known as barzanji or marhaban, praising of our prophet.

The Prince looks gorgeous, doesnt he?

Photos below are from www.bruneiresources.com

Attachments

• pic06366.jpg
    pic06366.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,802
  • pic26068.jpg
    pic26068.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 979
Last edited:
What a precious looking little fellow! I am curious that the Queen takes part in this also -- can anyone comment on the relationship between the wives? Is it expected that the Sultan will have several wives and therefore no jealousy - are they all family and care for one another's children -- do they live in the same complex/different complexes? Does anyone have insights here?

I think the Brunei Royal family is a close knit one.After all, if we look at Queen's Saleha's photos of her smiling at Azrinaz, you see her smile as genuine.I would assume the Queen would look upon Azrinaz as a younger sister.She probably also help guide her .I shouldnt think jealousy exist since the Sultan is fair and treats both wives equally. Moreover the Queen has experienced having the former second wife around for years.

I was told that when Azrinaz was in hospital during delivery, most of the members of the royal family were there. The Sultan and also Queen Saleha was in the delivery room. :)

The Queen is very noble. I applaud her sincerity.

I must say, there's no word fit to praise Q Saleha. a woman is a woman, although the husband is equal, but still, sharing him ?/?, The is soo compose, and don't mind taking part in it, love her.
Such a nice picture, never been published. good job

Great pictures! This baby is obviously surrounded with love and care.

He certainly is one beautiful baby. Its nice to hear the Queen is nice to the Sultan's 2nd wife, otherwise it would be difficult I would imagine. I take my hat off to her because I don't think I could share.

She is a wonderful lady... some one now when can i find a biografi of her?

I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.

HRHAmy said:
Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?

No. They had a low key gathering for their wedding in Malaysia, the bride's home country. It wasn't covered by either countries' press, only reported afterwards by the Malaysian press and no photos of the wedding became public.

It was incomplete wedding as they didn't even have the "Bersanding" - which is the major showcase part where bride and groom are blessed by family and friends. They only had a "vow" or "Nikah" ceremony.

The wedding was actually held in Brunei's Palace in Kuala Lumpur, along the Embassy Row in Malaysia .Neither countries press attended because none were invited.Only close friends and relatives of the bride were invited. Infact, it was such a hush hush wedding that nobody knew until it was reported in Malaysia's newpapers the next day.(Most probably leaked by one of the guests) As to why there were no photographs was because all the guests were sworn to secrecy and no cameras nor handphones were allowed in.

A muslim marriage is essentially the "Akad Nikah", the vows, if you will. "Bersanding" is just a custom. One can be married only with the akad nikah even without the Bersanding but one is not married if it was the other way around.

Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today. :D

Zina said:
I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.

Zina, i hope you're not suggesting that the Queen is faking it. To me , she is the epitome of a true muslim wife, who carries herself well in public, abide by dressing the muslim way , and accepts her husband's right to have a second wife. After all, Azrinaz is not the first of second wives.

You are probably right when you say the rest of the royals were there not by choice. But neither were they forced, im sure. It is more probably because they want to be in the Sultan's good books. Hence they show their faces.

Morever, it is a normal practice that an entourage of people always follow the Sultan wherever he goes.. and that day was no exception.

From your previous postings that i have read, you seem adamant to put Azrinaz in a bad light
Please do your maths, she married in August 2005 and delivered in the Prince in June.

People may criticise Azrinaz, maybe because some feels she isnt royal enough, classy/pretty/glamorous enough, or 'Bruneian' enough to marry the Sultan.But the Sultan HAS married her. If you think about it, the Sultan neednt even marry her, he can after all afford to keep her as a girlfriend BUT the fact is, he saw her good enough to be his wife, to be the mother of his child..the second woman to sit on his throne. Imagine, of all the beautiful available women out there.., he CHOOSE her. Shouldnt that say something?

It says a lot, but to write it here would reflect badly on HM, so I won't. I'm not being rude, it's how most people in the country view the 2nd wife, not my own exclusive opinion.

"Faking it" is too strong a word. "Keeping up appearances" is very important in any Royal Family, and Raja Isteri and her children are doing an admirable job.

pixelle said:
Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today. :D

I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.

Last edited:
In every single single shop in Brunei have to hang the Sultan and the Queen pictures on the wall, few years ago 3 pictures was hanging is Sultan, Queen Saleha, and Hajar Mariam. After the Sultan annouced the bad news divorced with Hj Mariam, her pictures has to take down. Now the Sultan married again i think for sure few month later another picture have to hang up in every shop, office and public. Hang up and take it down...what a shame. I wish the Sultan hurry to pass his throne to Prince Billar, the picture change for hanging in public will be a celebration for the new throne for Prince Billar and Sarah. If hanging for another new wife for Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah i think is weird and such foolish thing to people in Brunei hang up and took down and hang up another one again...woooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom