HRH Princess Azrinaz current events 1: March 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the baby is premature. I think they just never announced she was pregnant. All of us were just speculating from her pictures that she looked pregnant but I don't think there was any official announcement until she gave birth.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Birth of a prince [/FONT]
By command of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Hj Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Hj Abu Bakar, Grand Chamberlain, announced that YTM Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar has safely given birth to a prince on Thursday, 4th Jamadilawal, 1427 Hijrah corresponding to June 1, 2006 at 12.43am. In conjunction with the birth, a 21-cannon salute was fired at the vicinity of the Istana Nurul Iman.http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/fri/jun2h4.htm

probably because of the money. Before, she got a family in Malaysia and got a husband without any economic problem why she go for another man. By the way, her ex is rich, but he is not as rich as the Sultan of Brunei (Oil king).Hey the Currency note in Brunei is the face of her husband now,who else can do this. I don't believe because of love she married to the Sultan of Brunei. she is 26 and the sultan 60 is coming. The exchange rate of Brunei $100 to Malaysia $229. So will she give up her family in malaysian and chose a grandfather, think about that.

Four-day-old Abdul Wakeel, the prince of Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and his second wife Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, is presented to photographers at the Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan June 5, 2006. Abdul Wakeel was born June 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 4,413
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 2,447
Thanks fanletizia.
The baby looks very much like his father.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is his title/style?? (of Abdul Wakeel)

Prolly the title will be Pengiran Muda. Same as his four half-brothers' titles. I mean, even tho' the mother's a foreigner, he's still the Sultan's son, right??:p

does the new baby have style of Royal Highness??

Baby Abdul, so cute

fanletizia said:
Four-day-old Abdul Wakeel, the prince of Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and his second wife Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, is presented to photographers at the Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan June 5, 2006. Abdul Wakeel was born June 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Thanks for the baby pics, he has such distinct features to be only four days old. The Sultan and Azrinaz are most surely beaming with pride, that is one cute baby :) , I am happy for them.

More pictures of the new prince. (Infofoto)

can anyone explain what that is around the baby's neck? I think I saw something similar in the pictures of Princess Rashidah's son. Are they Quranic verses?

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sultan names new prince [/FONT]
By command of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Grand Chamberlain YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Hj Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Hj Abu Bakar has announced that His Majesty has with great pleasure named his newborn son, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Duli Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel ibni Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah.

In a statement from Istana Nurul Iman, His Majesty and YTM Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar as well as other members of the royal family thanked everyone who were involved during the birth of the prince and also to those who have sent congratulatory messages.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/jun6h2.htm

Congratulations to the Sultan and to Azrinaz.

I think that what is around the baby's neck are Quranic verses against "the bad eye and the bad spirit".

But why we can't see the hand of the baby? Is this a tradition in Brunei?

The baby has the same face as his father. I see that he doesn't have a baby face like the other newborn babys. He has a mature face.

Joumana said:
But why we can't see the hand of the baby? Is this a tradition in Brunei?

I don't think so. We put mittens on the baby to keep them from scratching themselves accidentally. Newborns have pretty fast growing nails that you have to keep trimmed, and the mittens help prevent any accidental scratches and poking of the eyes.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]named his newborn son, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Duli Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel ibni Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan ...

How interesting ... so am I understanding correctly that Sultan is both a name and a title?

Hai Joumana, the Quranic verses against "the bad eye and the bad spirit" around the baby's neck ... is there any significance to the wearer .. in this case .... the baby ..

my question is; why her?

To me, she looks rather ordinary. I have seen many beautiful women in the region, yet she was chosen by a man who probably had seen all the women in the world! She is even married several times (according to RF)...
so she is a TV reporter...she is probably good at asking questions and making conversation alive due to her profession. What is her family background? Anyone knows? :confused:

julial said:
Thank you. Flower0007 :) : ) I remember seeing the pic of the divorced wife... she was also quite pretty and feminine...she seems happy being single in London, though.

Yes, the divorced second wife is the ex-KDYMM Raja Isteri Hajjah Mariam .. and currently residing in London .. she was an ex-stewardess ... fair complexion and a pretty face .. :)

Latest news, Azrinaz Mazhar has safely given birth to a son on Thursday, 4th Jamadilawal, 1427 Hijrah corresponding to June 1, 2006 at 12.43am. His name is Abdul Wakeel.

I have some pictures but the file size limitations are too prohibitive for me to upload them. Sorry. :confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
More pictures of the new prince. Can anyone explain what that is around the baby's neck? I think I saw something similar in the pictures of Princess Rashidah's son. Are they Quranic verses?
Yes, it's a template of Quranic verses, in Malay we called 'Azimat'.

I wonder what happened to the ex-second wife?Anyone knows?

royaltyfan said:
I wonder what happened to the ex-second wife?Anyone knows?

She is single and lives in London. Her children spend most of their time with her. I saw a picture of her a while back and she looked very good. No doubt she feels liberated after the divorce, not to mention extremely wealthy.

Last edited:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]His Majesty confers royal title [/FONT]​

The following statement was issued last night by the Office of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam:
By command of His Majesty Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the Chairman of the Council of Mesyuarat Adat Istiadat of Brunei Darussalam, hereby announces to all subjects and residents of Brunei Darussalam that with effect from today, Friday 12th of Jamadilawal, 1427 corrresponding to June 9, 2006, His Majesty is pleased to confer His Majesty's wife, Yang Teramat Mulia Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar with the title "Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar".

http://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/jun10h2.htm

Attachments

• 10pic1.jpg
    10pic1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7,048
Last edited:
So this finally makes Azrinaz a princess? I guess its time to change the name of this thread :D

~*~Humera~*~ said:
She is single and lives in London. Her children spend most of their time with her. I saw a picture of her a while back and she looked very good. No doubt she feels liberated after the divorce, not to mention extremely wealthy.

I would like to know how many children does she have?:confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
So this finally makes Azrinaz a princess? I guess its time to change the name of this thread :D

:D Well, I agree this....

But I'm curious... if Azrinaz gave birth to a girl, does she stiil get the title of "Princess" ? :cool:

I wonder if she will be "Queen Azrinaz" in the futur like "Queen Saliha" because she is also the wife of the King.

Maybe she will be a queen if she has her second baby boy ;-).

But seriously guys ! I see NOW that she has another style of dressing. "Hijab" We can't see her hair anymore . Is here any relationship between her titel and the covering of her hair???

Last edited:
Joumana said:
I wonder if she will be "Queen Azrinaz" in the futur like "Queen Saliha" because she is also the wife of the King.

Maybe she will be a queen if she has her second baby boy ;-).

No she won't be queen. The Sultan's ex-second wife was only given the title of princess even after 20 years of marriage and two sons and two daughters. The title of Queen will remain reserved for the Sultan's first wife.

But seriously guys ! I see NOW that she has another style of dressing. "Hijab" We can't see her hair anymore . Is here any relationship between her titel and the covering of her hair???

Yes you're right! I noticed it right away too. Now that she's officially a member of the royal house, she has to cover her head just like the Queen, Crown Princess and other senior ladies of the family do. And I might add this was predicted by Zina a while back.

Last edited:
lotus said:
I would like to know how many children does she have?:confused:

She has four children. Two sons and two daughters.

Hope to see some official portrait with tiara and Order without covering of head. btw, I have a book which show the official portrait of Queen Saleha and ex-2nd wife, Mariam with tiara and Orders and, best of all, no covering of their head. The latter is beautiful and sweet...think she's about late 20s to early 30s. The Queen didn't aged much though..can't see the diff now and then.

Azrinaz used to live in the same suburb as me when I was still living in Malaysia. But if I've seen her previously I would not even recognise or glance at her because she looks exactly like a normal malay girl there. :eek:

ps. Hi flower007, you are here too. I'm mallan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom