Divorce of Princess Azrinaz and the Sultan: June 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reneesme

City
Forks
Country
U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Wednesday, 16th June 2010, 8.00PM, been announce on air, HM of Brunei Darussalam Divorce Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim.

:previous: By no means is it always credible, and it's best to wait for actual confirmation, but wikipedia has already updated Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim's page concerning the divorce, on this day, June 16th.

It also states that all styles and titles accorded to her by marriage have been henceforth revoked, as was the case when the Sultan divorced his former second wife, Pengiran Isteri Mariam.

Does anyone know why or can correctly speculate the reason behind this divorce?

This is such a shock! Even more so than the news of their marriage had been. Apparently there were rumours in Brunei but I had no idea. I really wonder about the reasons, it's only been 5 years and the couple have two little children whom I feel especially bad for.
All of Azrinaz's titles have been revoked. I guess she'll go back to Malaysia now and the kids will probably stay with her since they're so young. I'm sure we'll see more of them once they're older.
Only a few days before CP Victoria's wedding, this is very sad news.

:previous:
Is His Majesty Sultan Bolkiah of Brunei going to attend Crown Princess Victoria's wedding? The divorce is an unpleasant event for all the parties involved.

well what were the rumours?

It is very sad, but not very surprising. She was an independent working woman. But when she was with HM, she was not the second, but the third. The Sultan, His First wife and Azrinaz. This picture can't have been her dream about being a princess. But at first she must have taken being the second wife for granted. Their marraige did never look like a fairy tale at all.

It already amazed me that shemarried a Sultan 33 years older that her...& already married. Four of her stepchildren (how does it sound concerning them all, ha ha ha...) are older than she! (maybe they all failed to set proper relations? Such a trouble occurs frequently in such a little difference of age bertween stepmother & stepchildren. The latter usually suspect her to have married their father for life in luxury & prestige, not for love)
If she is really so independent, why did she sacrifice her "free, colorful life" to enclosure in a golden cage?
Providing she really returns to the work in the TV & get a programme to lead, how it's popularity would grow...

In fact, for what she needs, (sorry!) such an old chap?

I wonder if she will be able to keep her jewels?

If the Sultan gave them to her as mahr, she will. Unless it was her decision to divorce. Then she should give them back.

Yes I wonder about the jewels too. She was given at least three different tiaras during the 5 years she was married to the Sultan.

I think every Bruneian knows the reason behind this divorce (which I will not speculate more here :D ). As a Bruneian myself, the divorce came as no surprise since I've been hearing about the 'issue' way back earlier this year. It was just a matter of time. Now, they finally publicized it and for once, rumor was true. :D

Yes I wonder about the jewels too. She was given at least three different tiaras during the 5 years she was married to the Sultan.

I only remember one diamond tiara, do you have pics Humera?:flowers:

Shocking news :blink: I feel quite bad for the children and wonder if the Sultan will allow her to keep them if she decides to move back to Malaysia or stay.
They are too young to go through this but if teh couple are not happy or had problems which were not solveable then I guess seperate ways is the best way to go.
The did make a good match.

I think every Bruneian knows the reason behind this divorce (which I will not speculate more here :D ). As a Bruneian myself, the divorce came as no surprise since I've been hearing about the 'issue' way back earlier this year. It was just a matter of time. Now, they finally publicized it and for once, rumor was true. :D
Will you please tell us about the real reason for us non-Bruneians? What were the rumours about?

Ponyo, if you cant write it here, please pm us?

OMG! im shocked, bt more of sad for azrinaz. in cases of divorce, children always become the victims. & im sure the children will stay with HM till they grow up. Maybe becoming a '3rd' person, especially royalties, isnt a fairytale at all. your independence is taken away and u dont get to see ur family as often as well as ur frens. no matter what, all e best of luck to azrinaz! shes still young and i hope she'll be back to the media world soon! :D

this is not sad news, this is good news for a majority of people in Brunei :D

this is not sad news, this is good news for a majority of people in Brunei :D
I cannot believe you rejoice after the ending of a marriage. For us non-Bruneian can you pls explain why is this such a joyous event?

Was the Princess not liked in Brunei?

Some maybe like and lots probably don't like her for the first time. But since she was married to the Sultan, all of the Bruneian's accept her as long as HM is happy. But so sad that they only can stand together for a short period of time..

Again I ask, why is she not liked?

this is sad news! i always liked azrinaz. as most here, it also shocked me to see her marrying the sultan and it's shocking to see her divorcing so soon as well. i wonder what the reasons for both were.
i hope we get to see her though, although with all her titles revoked and away from brunei i guess not.
what tiaras did she get?

I will try to post pictures of the tiaras in the Brunei Jewellery thread once I have the time.
As far as Azrinaz not being liked by some people in Brunei, I guess the main reason would be the fact that Queen Saleha is so very respected and loved by everyone. At the time of the Sultan and Azrinaz's marriage, I remember that many of the Bruneian posters here were concerned about the Queen.
As for the kids, I expect them to spend much of their time with their mother because of their age. I don't expect the Sultan to have sole custody of them at least. His children with his ex-wife the former Princess Mariam spend a lot, if not most, of their time with their mother in London. They've been performing more official duties in Brunei now that they're older.

Okay, I ask again, why the divorce. This board is to share information. There are rules to be followed, yes, but for those of us who are not Bruneian, please enlighten us.

Back
Top Bottom