Divorce of Princess Azrinaz and the Sultan: June 16, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I think she would NOT divorce the Sultan. So, she wouldn't return to Malaysia. As far as she remains the second wife of the Sultan, she'll be living in Brunei. Isn't it? :)

Vanesa.

They are already divorced as of Wed June 16.

In Islam, once you are divorced, you can't be living together. Eventhough, the Sultan has given a first talaq (reconciable) but in my honest opinion the fact that a talaq (divorce decree) was given at all, means it is serious enuff to anticipate they won't reconcile. Just my opinion on the issue. I don't think it is a good idea for her nor will she live in Brunei after the divorce. She has probably left Brunei to be back in Malaysia or worst come to worse live abroad ie London. My bet is she has already returned to Malaysia.

According to official sources, all of her royal decorations (including jewels) have been rescinded by Royal decree. :eek:

Ahh... the Jewels. One of the reasons why HM Sultan divorced her.You'll get it if you know the real story behind it :whistling:

Ahh... the Jewels. One of the reasons why HM Sultan divorced her.You'll get it if you know the real story behind it :whistling:

that's soo right! one of the reasons why HM the Sultan divorced her! some how i got a rumour that she wouldn't be send to her own country by HM the sultan/the royal councils:eek:

Salam,

I hope those of you bent on spreading such rumours are ACTUAL witnesses and in the know of the actual events you are circulating online. Otherwise, you have a lot to answer to .. in the day of judgement if it all turned out to be false.

IMHO, it is so much easier to entertain to gossips and slanders at others' expense.

Wasalaam.

Happier times, they seemed to blend in as a family. Queen Saleha is also a very nice and gentle person.

It is the Bruneian subjects that hate AzRinaz IMO becoz she is a foreigner.
I wouldn't think they will have this much hate for a person if she is from Brunei.

I know this coz I have been listening to all sort of made up stories from Day 1 she was married to the Sultan, when Queen Saleha just came back from Milan- from close Bruneian friends. All these unhappiness only came from the Bruneians, not the ruling family themselves. I can't even repeat what is said of her, even her eyes was the subject of much slanders..her clothes, etc. Everything she did or didn't do, and everything she wear and her physiques from head to toes since Day 1 she married the Sultan is the subject of much gossipings.

I just feel bad for this lady from the first day she married into the Brunei Royal family coz of the what the Bruneians been throwing at her and they didn't even know her personally.

Even when the Sultan divorces her, they still continue to slander her. It wasn't her choice to marry the Sultan, it was the Sultan that pursued her and she accepted her fate.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn294/radin87/royal-family.jpg

I do hope the Bruneians will now be happy with the situation.
I do wish them the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was that picture taken, at the wedding?

Thanks,
Josette

that's soo right! one of the reasons why HM the Sultan divorced her! some how i got a rumour that she wouldn't be send to her own country by HM the sultan/the royal councils:eek:
Now, excuse me but that is just too cruel and possibly even a crime! Noone in this world, let it be a Sultan, king, or etc, forbid someone to travel outside of the country. Yes, it is done in Iran etc, but hey, they are seen as crimes. No matter what she did or didn't do, that is a freedom that cannot be restricted.:bang:

When was that picture taken, at the wedding?

Thanks,
Josette

Definitely NOT at the wedding :)

I think this is a family picture after Azrinaz gave birth to her 1st or 2nd child, so it is probably taken in 2006 or 2008.

No picture was published nor circulated from the hushed up wedding at Rumah Awang Alak Betatar in Jln Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
A Bruneian family I am close to was invited and attended the wedding and they have never said any bad things about Azrinaz. The only Bruneians probably :)

The rest seems have something bad to say about her (IMO for marrying their Sultan and immediately on first day she got married conveniently labeled her as a gold digger), eventhough some of them never know her or ever met her.

I also observed some Bruneian friends who are close to ex-wife Mariam is definitely all set against her from Day 1. I decided to just observed and not give any comments since this is a matter of the Bruneians except I really feel bad for this lady. No one should be slandered like this from the first day she got married. I also feel bad coz she is my fellow Malaysian and she really does not deserve this especially since Malaysians are not hard up for money coz most of us are highly educated and have our own careers and Malaysia is an affluent country in its own right with a vast reserve of oil and gas, with its own royal families. We have 9 royal families to be exact.

Life is not all about money, wealth and jewels.

I am sure this lady is only worried about her 2 children and not some jewels and tiaras and wealth that seems so much the subjects of many Bruneians w regards to this marriage.

Malaysia is an affluent country with up-to-date world class facilities and highly educated people who are warm, generous and hospitable. Come visit Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur one day and you will know what I mean :)

Now, excuse me but that is just too cruel and possibly even a crime! Noone in this world, let it be a Sultan, king, or etc, forbid someone to travel outside of the country. Yes, it is done in Iran etc, but hey, they are seen as crimes. No matter what she did or didn't do, that is a freedom that cannot be restricted.:bang:

IMHO opinion, these ppl that say all this, do not know the truth themselves, so do not take it as the truth.

The Sultan is a very nice and fair man and so is the Queen. We should expect a just way for the Sultan to handle his family affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some updates on Azrinaz's situation from the Malaysian newspapers:

Latest news on Azrinaz
Utusan Malaysia Online - Berita Utama

Previous news on her whereabouts..
Utusan Malaysia Online - Berita Utama

This is in Malay, loosely translated it says:

1. Azrinaz still living in one of the royal palace in Brunei. This is until she completes/finishes the "iddah" period. At the end of the "iddah" period (some time in September) if they do not reconcile as husband and wife, she will then leave Brunei.

2. It says if she left Brunei, she may live in London or Australia or come back to Malaysia. Her family lives in Shah Alam.

3. It also says, unfortunately she would not be getting custody of both her children. These children are the Sultan's heirs and will be living and brought up by the Brunei palace.

4. This article also says all her mobile phone no, her facebook account etc have all been terminated. She is not reachable since the day of the divorce in June.

this thread may be old but it's interesting to note that there is a forum this kind ;-) I was actually looking for beautiful houses/ palaces when i remembered the Sultan's abode but my searches led me to this very thread. i have heard about Brunei and the Sultan when i was growing up and until now, my dream of meeting him and seeing his palaces never died down. i am not a Bruneian but i heard His palaces glow golden at night... and that vision of a golden Palace remains with me until now.

but having read all the posts on this thread, it's really sad that the Sultan divorced his 3rd wife. i really feel for the kids. i wish the kids grow up to be kind and upright citizens. and i wish their mother the best.

As a common information,yes,the Nurrul Iman's palace will glow in night time, and from the glowing-golden-palace,we can see how wonderful and beautiful the palace..even me as the bruneian,also loves to look at it..

This is such a shock! Even more so than the news of their marriage had been. Apparently there were rumours in Brunei but I had no idea. I really wonder about the reasons, it's only been 5 years and the couple have two little children whom I feel especially bad for.
All of Azrinaz's titles have been revoked. I guess she'll go back to Malaysia now and the kids will probably stay with her since they're so young. I'm sure we'll see more of them once they're older.
Only a few days before CP Victoria's wedding, this is very sad news.

HUMERA,Im newbie here :) ..im so sad bout the news,,,... B ut ithink GOD knws well wat really happen..So,do you hve any new picture of P.A.Wakeel and P.Ameerah wardatul bolkiah?

I have seen no new images of Prince Abdul Wakeel and Princess Ameerah since the divorce.

As a common information,yes,the Nurrul Iman's palace will glow in night time, and from the glowing-golden-palace,we can see how wonderful and beautiful the palace..even me as the bruneian,also loves to look at it..

hello,im newbie here... its true wat u said,i went 2 Brunei last week.. and visit the Nurul Iman palace..So nice... But only outside the gate..buut its ok...cuz the palace looks splendid ... :)

What happened to Azrinaz? Became the divorce final and did she leave Brunei to live abroad?

Whats the story behind the confiscated jewels?!

Yes, it's her on April 25th departuring for London with TM the Sultan and the Queen Saleha.
oh god!! Time is going by so fast .....princess Ameerah became very cute girl
and I feel so glad to see her with the sultan and the queen :flowers::flowers::flowers:

While its sad, its no different than other royal houses. If something was to happen to any of the royal marriages with Fred/Mary, Maxima/WA, the custody of the royal children is dependent on the monarch, not the mother.

Although it does appear that Arinaz no longer lives in Brunei, which I agree is sad if she no longer gets to see her children on the regular. Is that the case?

What is the scandal of the stolen jewels?! anyone?

What is the scandal of the stolen jewels?! anyone?
The info was not confirmed, auntie.
It's only rumors from the other forums about some Queen Saleha's missing jewels. Noone knows for sure...:ermm:

While its sad, its no different than other royal houses. If something was to happen to any of the royal marriages with Fred/Mary, Maxima/WA, the custody of the royal children is dependent on the monarch, not the mother.

Although it does appear that Arinaz no longer lives in Brunei, which I agree is sad if she no longer gets to see her children on the regular. Is that the case?

These children are very young and need their mother. If she was
living close by and had visitation that would be one thing, but if she
has left the country, this is a tragedy.

Was not this marriage humiliating to Queen Saleha? Azrinaz could be Sultan's daughter!

Back
Top Bottom