Brunei Royal Palace and Court

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRHAmy

Courtier
I was wondering if you could kindly post picturs and info about the royal palace of Brunei! And do the crown prince and crown princess live there? who else lives there? thankyou!:)

Yes, it looks very modern from far away. Thanks for the pictures!:) I wonder if there are any of the inside of the palace?

Dear the Bruniene

I post some meassaages for royalty bruniene, am from Cambodia according to our custom culture past petriot we have to be Royal and loyalty to our country, tru the tribes and long history of Cambodia we love our king.
I really prefer to see the jewelry of the royals world, therefore in Cambodia there are the Gem,rubbies,Gold for the jewelry! I need an Idea from anyone of you!!!!!:mad:

are the crown prince and princess living in the Istana Nurul Iman?

As far as I know, the crown princess and the crown prince are living at Istana Nurul Iman, they do have a 4 or five bedroom appartment in the palace...at least this was told by the mother of the crown princess in a swiss magazine after the wedding.

Wow! very nice palace
Just wondering if there are any interior photos?

hrm..so it means that the sultan is not living there is he?..

hrm.. it is nice but then.. there are too many things.. hehe.. but it is sweet to see the cp's wedding photo on the table..

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious about the size of the Palace?

Yes, His Majesty resides in the Istana Nurul Iman (Palace). There is a big Golden Dome under which the Sultan's whole Master Suite/Bedroom is. That Dome is the exact size of his private bedroom alone.

I can say the interior of the Palace is unimaginably majestic! I have personally been invited and have attended a couple of His Majesty's Birthday celebrations on both the morning award & title ceremonies and the evening dinners. Besides that, i have been lucky enough to attend a few of Prince Maleek's birthday parties because I used to go to the same school with him.

The Palace is Massive in size. If i'm not mistaken there is 3 or 4 floors of underground basement parking lots. and another 5 stories above this. His Majesty is really generous in inviting High-end officials and their children (above the age of 13) and also distant relatives of the Royal Bloodline (ie. Pengirans; these are the very distant relatives from great great great grandfathers which they share with the Sultan). So therefore these basement levels are reserved for official dignitaries vehicles (+police escourt vehicles) and other royalty vehicles. So we are assigned to park at the base of the Palace Hill and catch a coach that drives us up to the "Unofficial Entryways" (the back doors; this is far from the OFFICIAL Entryways but closer to the function area).

I remember once where the que's for the Coache's were so long we decided to just go and walk up the hill. Wrong decision, it actually took us 20minutes to walk up the hill. (It didn't seem that far when we rode on the Coache's)

I hope this gives you an idea of how big the Palace is. Hope its been much help to your curiousity :rolleyes:

My God !!! What has the Royal Brunei Family with FLOWERS???

Everything is flowers. The clothes , the palaces, ... This is too much

Can anyone tells about it?

Been there several times. It is big and massive. Everytime we go there, we go to the different living room. They even have an bird aviary there and a good size too.

Joumana said:
My God !!! What has the Royal Brunei Family with FLOWERS???

Everything is flowers. The clothes , the palaces, ... This is too much

Can anyone tells about it?

I've never actually thought about the excessive use of flowers. But cultural having flower patterns on the national dress or "Baju Kurung" is quite normal. Most of the prints on the silk materials used for the Baju Kurung are flower patterns as animal patterns are discouraged by religion. So if you really notice, there aren't any statues of animals or pictures. However, Queen Saleha is an immense animal lover. She has her own menagerie in the Palace, her most prized possession.

Jenawi said:
I've never actually thought about the excessive use of flowers. But cultural having flower patterns on the national dress or "Baju Kurung" is quite normal. Most of the prints on the silk materials used for the Baju Kurung are flower patterns as animal patterns are discouraged by religion. So if you really notice, there aren't any statues of animals or pictures. However, Queen Saleha is an immense animal lover. She has her own menagerie in the Palace, her most prized possession.

Yeah, you are right. When we were they, she showed my late mother around the palace and her aviary.

Beside that she is a really nice and humble person.

spoiltbrat99 said:
Yeah, you are right. When we were they, she showed my late mother around the palace and her aviary.

Beside that she is a really nice and humble person.

spoiltbrat99, you are quite right. i remember one of those days when the istana was open for hari raya celebrations and she talked to my grandmother when it was her turn to shake hand. she really is a friendly person, sincerely asking my grandmother where she was from with a smily face. i guess us being commoners, there's some "intimidating" look some royals may give off but never judge a book by its cover!

You know purple princess, some people can act as if they care, but for her, she is genuinely concern and interested in those people she met. You will never see her with a sour face.

Any of your here have been or seen other palace. I have never seen the photos before. Istana Nurul Izzah.

I remember Istana Darul Hana and Istana Edinburgh. Do they still exist. Also another old one on beach near Maura, and the Raja Isteri's family Istana (Pengiran Bendhara's Istana) downtown. There were other old istana's I cant remember now. The new one, Istana Nurul Iman, replaced most of them.

spoiltbrat99 said:
You know purple princess, some people can act as if they care, but for her, she is genuinely concern and interested in those people she met. You will never see her with a sour face.

Any of your here have been or seen other palace. I have never seen the photos before. Istana Nurul Izzah.

You can find the interior and exterior design of Istana nurul izzah here :

http://archnet.org/library/images/thumbnails.tcl?location_id=2166

Just click large image to view bigger image

Last edited:
Really beatiful pics! I wish I could visit Brunei some day to come...:flowers:

Vanesa.

Are the Royal Family all live in same palace? What about Sultan's brothers and sisters?

el-khanz said:
Are the Royal Family all live in same palace? What about Sultan's brothers and sisters?

All of his brothers and sis have their own 'palaces'.

How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???

i have some picture of Istana NuruL Iman (the interior design) but, how to post them???

Sara you can post the pictures by simply copying and pasting their links here.
If you took the pictures yourself or you have permission from the copyright holder to post them here, you can attach them directly to the forums by using the "Manage Attachements" feature when posting a reply.

i really admire the Queen...

spoiltbrat99 said:

What a lovely Queen. :wub:

Istana nurul izzah is where Mariam used to live rite?

Back
Top Bottom