The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???
She lives in Istana Nurul Iman, the Official Palace.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Sara.Niez's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sibu, Malaysia
Posts: 39
The Sultan's private bedroom is just under the Golden Dome? Oh my God! It must totally massive!!! :o Maybe as big as a football field! And maybe bigger than that. Oh my.. I am speechless!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jerudong, Brunei
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissluxi View Post
As far as I know, the crown princess and the crown prince are living at Istana Nurul Iman, they do have a 4 or five bedroom appartment in the palace...at least this was told by the mother of the crown princess in a swiss magazine after the wedding.
Actually from a popular commercial area in the capital, you can see the new extension of the palace for the Crown Prince and his wife. I don't think it is a 4 or 5 bedroom apartment, but maybe 4 or 5 floors! Looks more like a lavish hotel.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jerudong, Brunei
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenawi View Post

I can say the interior of the Palace is unimaginably majestic! I have personally been invited and have attended a couple of His Majesty's Birthday celebrations on both the morning award & title ceremonies and the evening dinners. Besides that, i have been lucky enough to attend a few of Prince Maleek's birthday parties because I used to go to the same school with him.

The Palace is Massive in size. If i'm not mistaken there is 3 or 4 floors of underground basement parking lots. and another 5 stories above this. His Majesty is really generous in inviting High-end officials and their children (above the age of 13) and also distant relatives of the Royal Bloodline (ie. Pengirans; these are the very distant relatives from great great great grandfathers which they share with the Sultan). So therefore these basement levels are reserved for official dignitaries vehicles (+police escourt vehicles) and other royalty vehicles. So we are assigned to park at the base of the Palace Hill and catch a coach that drives us up to the "Unofficial Entryways" (the back doors; this is far from the OFFICIAL Entryways but closer to the function area).
Yes the parking space for visitors alone is huge. But His Majesty's private garage is MASSIVE. I think the size is about half of the length of the main palace building alone. Seriously, there are at least a thousand cars parked there. There are buggies to take you from one of the garage entrances to where ever your car is. I've got pictures here but sorry, can't post it up.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jerudong, Brunei
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by plkong View Post
dear all,

is there a book available on the etiquette and protocol of the palace?
how do we conduct ourselves in the midst of royalty?
how to address each one of them according to their rank?
i think every royal household has different customs...no?
i hope that somebody can help me with this.
Actually there is, a 774-pages book called The Royal Brunei Customs and Protocol, or in Malay "Adat Istiadat DiRaja Brunei". You can buy it at the State Customs and Protocal Department. Tells every single thing you want to know about customs and protocol of Brunei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???
Quote:
Originally Posted by linakoc View Post
She lives in Istana Nurul Iman, the Official Palace.
At the moment yes. But currently the Sultan is building a $55 million "palace", up the hills right in front of Istana Nurul Iman.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-16-2014, 11:31 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 6,223
Does the Royal Palace have flower gardens?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 303
Do you still keep in touch with Prince Maleek or any members of the royal family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenawi View Post
Yes, His Majesty resides in the Istana Nurul Iman (Palace). There is a big Golden Dome under which the Sultan's whole Master Suite/Bedroom is. That Dome is the exact size of his private bedroom alone.

I can say the interior of the Palace is unimaginably majestic! I have personally been invited and have attended a couple of His Majesty's Birthday celebrations on both the morning award & title ceremonies and the evening dinners. Besides that, i have been lucky enough to attend a few of Prince Maleek's birthday parties because I used to go to the same school with him.

The Palace is Massive in size. If i'm not mistaken there is 3 or 4 floors of underground basement parking lots. and another 5 stories above this. His Majesty is really generous in inviting High-end officials and their children (above the age of 13) and also distant relatives of the Royal Bloodline (ie. Pengirans; these are the very distant relatives from great great great grandfathers which they share with the Sultan). So therefore these basement levels are reserved for official dignitaries vehicles (+police escourt vehicles) and other royalty vehicles. So we are assigned to park at the base of the Palace Hill and catch a coach that drives us up to the "Unofficial Entryways" (the back doors; this is far from the OFFICIAL Entryways but closer to the function area).

I remember once where the que's for the Coache's were so long we decided to just go and walk up the hill. Wrong decision, it actually took us 20minutes to walk up the hill. (It didn't seem that far when we rode on the Coache's)

I hope this gives you an idea of how big the Palace is. Hope its been much help to your curiousity
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-27-2019, 12:51 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 839
visiting the istana during hari raya festival

My experience was a few years back. A friend works in Brunei and invited me and a mutual friend to the Hari Raya festival there. We went on the third day. The first day is not open to the public because that's when the royal family entertain friends. I got to see the main hall, very opulent and huge, where we stayed for around 3 hours waiting to shake the hand of the Queen and some of the Princesses. I think it can hold at least 3,000 people. Then we moved to a much smaller room where the Queen and the princesses were. I think they were 6 of them, but 2 were already seated and did not greet the visitors (I guess they were exhausted because one of the older princesses was shaking her hand out of exhaustion). The Queen still had a huge smile after greeting thousands of guests. After greeting and shaking the hand of the Queen and the princesses (you can't linger because a female aide kept on saying, "please hurry"), we all went to a cafeteria where lunch was served. Amazing and plenty of choices (buffet set up). After that, the palace staff gave out coupons, which served as claim stubs for souvenirs. That year (2015) it was a yellow metal box with delicious carrot cake and a Hari Raya card from the Sultan. The kids also got a money envelope. Everything was in order, no fuss, despite the throngs of people coming in and out. Buses were there to bring the visitors to and from the main gates. Oh, and people were allowed to stroll in the palace gardens but they did not allow photos outside and inside the room where the Queen and princesses were. It is a nice experience and we even saw the Sultan and some of the princes crossing the hall (they finished the morning meet and greet session ahead of the female members of the family). They also smiled and waved. The Sultan's two youngest children were with him. Dress code: no jeans or shorts, with long sleeves top. You only greet/briefly meet the members of the family of the same sex/gender. It's a very nice experience and I don't mind waiting for 3 hours again should I go back.

My friend, who used to work as one of the royal family's flight's attendants, said the palace help are contracted from a hotel chain - can't remember now if from Hilton or Holiday Inn. And the royal family clears out their pantries and rooms regularly - staff members are free to take the food, furniture, etc.
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:49 PM
JulieS's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Canada
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
My experience was a few years back. A friend works in Brunei and invited me and a mutual friend to the Hari Raya festival there. We went on the third day. The first day is not open to the public because that's when the royal family entertain friends. I got to see the main hall, very opulent and huge, where we stayed for around 3 hours waiting to shake the hand of the Queen and some of the Princesses. I think it can hold at least 3,000 people. Then we moved to a much smaller room where the Queen and the princesses were. I think they were 6 of them, but 2 were already seated and did not greet the visitors (I guess they were exhausted because one of the older princesses was shaking her hand out of exhaustion). The Queen still had a huge smile after greeting thousands of guests. After greeting and shaking the hand of the Queen and the princesses (you can't linger because a female aide kept on saying, "please hurry"), we all went to a cafeteria where lunch was served. Amazing and plenty of choices (buffet set up). After that, the palace staff gave out coupons, which served as claim stubs for souvenirs. That year (2015) it was a yellow metal box with delicious carrot cake and a Hari Raya card from the Sultan. The kids also got a money envelope. Everything was in order, no fuss, despite the throngs of people coming in and out. Buses were there to bring the visitors to and from the main gates. Oh, and people were allowed to stroll in the palace gardens but they did not allow photos outside and inside the room where the Queen and princesses were. It is a nice experience and we even saw the Sultan and some of the princes crossing the hall (they finished the morning meet and greet session ahead of the female members of the family). They also smiled and waved. The Sultan's two youngest children were with him. Dress code: no jeans or shorts, with long sleeves top. You only greet/briefly meet the members of the family of the same sex/gender. It's a very nice experience and I don't mind waiting for 3 hours again should I go back.

My friend, who used to work as one of the royal family's flight's attendants, said the palace help are contracted from a hotel chain - can't remember now if from Hilton or Holiday Inn. And the royal family clears out their pantries and rooms regularly - staff members are free to take the food, furniture, etc.
Wow, it's a great experience !
__________________
"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-27-2019, 06:19 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
Wow, it's a great experience !
It is and Hari Raya is the best time to visit. Not only is the palace open to visitors but many locals also welcome visitors/tourists to their homes. My friend and I got to visit three homes of locals. I cannot forget the graciousness and sincere smile of the Queen. And her kind aura. From all accounts, she is very much beloved by the people of Brunei.
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-27-2019, 08:54 PM
JulieS's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Canada
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
It is and Hari Raya is the best time to visit. Not only is the palace open to visitors but many locals also welcome visitors/tourists to their homes. My friend and I got to visit three homes of locals. I cannot forget the graciousness and sincere smile of the Queen. And her kind aura. From all accounts, she is very much beloved by the people of Brunei.
The Queen seems to be a very nice person.
__________________

__________________
"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
December/January 2005 Newsletter: A Royal Christmas GrandDuchess Forum Announcements and Admin 24 11-29-2005 01:34 PM
What Is The Point Of The Gr Family? sky The Royal Family of Greece 82 10-21-2004 02:26 PM
Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events December 2002 - October 2003 Julia Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 76 10-14-2003 09:40 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones background story bridal gown british royal family british royals buckingham palace canada chittagong commonwealth countries coronavirus daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii emperor facts family life fantasy movie hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume historical drama history introduction jewellery king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mail mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names northern ireland norway plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde queen maxima royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress settings speech stuart suthida taiwan thailand tips uae customs united states of america von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×