Vatican City:The Late Pope John Paul II friendship with Mrs. Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
I dont know if TRF is the right place to discuss this topic but i would like to share the following BBC report with you:ermm:

Pope John Paul letters reveal 'intense' friendship with woman - BBC News

Hundreds of letters and photographs that tell the story of Pope John Paul II's close relationship with a married woman, which lasted more than 30 years, have been shown to the BBC.

Last edited:
I read an article concerning this matter earlier today and my take on it is that there is nothing scandalous or out of character for John Paul II in this friendship. I have absolutely no doubt that he loved this woman and treasured his friendship with her over decades and I don't doubt that this woman could have come to feel that she was "in" love with him but my gut feeling tells me that HH saw this as a normal, human reaction that happens between friends of the opposite sex sometimes and wisely was able to not only veer away from any kind of a "romantic" interlude, but also be able to lovingly support his friend in such a manner that the friendship didn't suffer for it.

Then again I could be totally wrong as I did not know this man personally and can only go by the impressions he's projected in his public life.

:previous:My impression is the same as yours Osipi. They were close friends and his late Holiness treasured the friendship and loved this woman. It makes me admire St. John Paul II even more. He had a tremendous capacity for loyal, deep relationships.

I don't see a smoking gun. Indeed if there was one, the media would be blasting it to every end of the Earth.:whistling:

:previous:My impression is the same as yours Osipi. They were close friends and his late Holiness treasured the friendship and loved this woman. It makes me admire St. John Paul II even more. He had a tremendous capacity for loyal, deep relationships.

I don't see a smoking gun. Indeed if there was one, the media would be blasting it to every end of the Earth.:whistling:

I agree with you & I have the same feeling too.

One reason I do believe I feel the way I do about John Paul II as a man is that my mother had the opportunity to meet him up close and personal and got a very good close up photograph of his face. She had described to me how looking at him face to face, she just felt an awesome sense of peace and love. I was skeptical until I looked at the photo. She was right.

I also have to admire the wording the journalists have used writing about this remarkable friendship. They were courteous, kind and respectful and made sure to state that there is no evidence whatsoever or anything to suggest that HH ever broke his vow of celibacy. Now if only all journalists could be like that with the people they cover.

Back
Top Bottom