The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Bhutan - April 14-15, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just showed the Cambridges greeting the King and Queen inside and then it cut back to the studio. When WK and K/Q came back outside and went to light candles in the temple, it went back to live coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Duchess of Cambridge tries archery in Bhutan after Royal couple bow 'William and Kate of Himalayas'
he Duchess of Cambridge has won over the people of Bhutan by trying her hand at the national sport of archery at the start of a two-day visit to the Himalayan kingdom.

The Duchess, wearing a skirt made from Bhutanese fabric and a top by Paul & Joe, could not resist unleashing an arrow at a tiny target after the Duke of Cambridge had tried it out.

When the couple arrived at an archery demonstration in the capital city, Thimpu, crowds lining the archery field had been told the Duke might try his hand at archery, but clearly had not expected the Duchess to get involved too.

After the Duke fired two arrows at a dinner plate-sized target from 50 yards away, shooting wide both times, he offered the bow to the famously competitive Duchess, who prompted a huge cheer from the 1,000-strong crowd when she accepted.
Read more - If you have access.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oJDK0TH-gc

Last edited:
this looked like a wonderful visit. bhutan must be an incredible place to visit and all the decorations and traditions that they brought up for the visit must have been amazing to see.

kate looked really lovely in her bhutan inspired outfit. she's always up for fun, trying out archery whilst in a long skirt and high heels!

Their Royal Highness are doing a beautiful job on this tour, but I know it can't be easy for them to be away from their children for this long though.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h2 hours ago
William & Kate are taking a 6-hr hike to Paro Taktsang today. Prince Charles made the trek in 1998 #RoyalVisitBhutan

5 mins would be enough for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the pics Rebecca has posted, I agree. Beautiful scenery, but I could last closer to 5 minutes than 5 hours. I love the mountains but I let horses do the work, sit on their back and let them do the hard walking :flowers:

Some great photos/video's on Rebecca's twitter as their team heads up in prep for the royal hike

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Well they are both pretty physically fit...should be a good hike for them.

LaRae

They must be pretty confident that they can make the hike. If a car can't take me, I wouldn't be doing it, lol.

Even for physically fit people, this will be a challenging hike. Its not like a hike in the highlands. They are dealing with high altitudes as well as the steep climb. They will definitely have a hard five hours ahead of them.

Wonder how they will feel in the morning. I'm worried about Will and Kate not wearing a hat didn't anyone advise them Wills bald patch will be burnt.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are tackling an energy-sapping six-hour trek 11,000ft up in the Himalayas to visit one of Bhutan’s holiest sites.

The royal couple are making their way to the Taktsang Palphug Monastery, better known as the Tiger’s Nest, which is the cradle of Buddhism in the country.

Getting to the spectacular site, built onto the side of a cliff, involves a three-hour hike each way, scrambling over slippery boulders in the thin mountain air.

In the 8th century, Guru Padmasambhava is said to have meditated for three years, three months, three weeks, three days and three hours in a series of 13 caves at the site.

Legend has it that the guru flew to the site on the back of a tigress, giving the site its name. Padmasambhava is credited with introducing Buddhism to Bhutan.

The first temple on the site, in the Paro valley near the capital, Thimpu, was built in 1692 by Tenzin Rabgye, who some people believe to have been a reincarnation of Guru Padmasambhava.

The Prince of Wales followed the same trail when he visited Bhutan in 1998, but opted to stop halfway up the mountain to paint a watercolour of the Tiger’s Nest rather than carrying on all the way to the monastery itself.

The Duke and Duchess will be able to give him a first-hand account of the monastery on their return.

Because the Tiger’s Nest is a sacred site, no journalists or photographers will be allowed to accompany the Duke and Duchess into the monastery itself.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge*tackle six-hour trek in Bhutan to holy site in Himalayas

Such lovely photos of them holding hands etc on twitter. They do look very happy

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today took on the challenge of walking up to Bhutan's famous Tiger's Nest monastery; 17th century Paro Taktsang which nestles on the side of a cliff. Their path up to the Tiger's Nest led through a pine forest on the slopes of the hill, with piles of symbolic stones dotted along the route. The royal couple held hands and looked relaxed as they walked along the winding path through the idyllic landscape.
Home - ITNSource News

Instagram ..Royal tea with jam ..has some beautiful photos if anyone is interested and on Instagram

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have begun the sixth day of the royal tour with a hike up to Bhutan's famous Tiger's Nest monastery. They posed for photographs before setting off hand in hand for the six-hour round trip through a pine forest on the slopes of the hill.
Home - ITNSource News

The pictures of them on this hike is very stunning. I'm glad they made it up there.

They're so loved up. Adorable pics of them holding hands and and walking with their arms around each other.

I love how the Daily Fail argues in their headline that Catherine "dragged along" her entourage for the hike, but they seem like the happiest prisoners ever - walking sticks and all! :lol::lol:

Natasha is hanging out with Royal photographer boyfriend Chris Jackson from Getty. They aren't the press officers or the private secretaries so they would have the option to stay back if they wanted. However, if you flew half way across the world to get there, you aren't going to want to stay in the hotel. It's probably a once in a lifetime experience

Natasha, Sophie and hairstylist Amanda probably got to explore some of the tour areas a bit since they weren't constantly with WK like Rebecca and Miguel or babysitting the press corps like the press officers.

i wished i looked this great after a 3 hour hike! :)

WK are always so sweet - i liked how they held arms, despite all the cameras around!

i couldn't help but notice that kate's hiking outfit alone could have provided meals to all those slum dog kids they visited some days ago though...

Last edited by a moderator:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m2 minutes ago
William & Kate met Prince Jigme Namgyel Wangchuck while in Bhutan, their education minister said

Great look for their leave taking from Bhutan.

LaRae

What did William and Catherine give the King and Queen of Bhutan?
The Queen gave Catherine a diamond and gold necklace.
What was exchanged in return?

The Queen just gave birth two months ago, any presents from William and Catherine or the BRF to the King and Queen of Bhutan in celebration of the birth of their first child and heir?

William and Catherine were still in Bhutan on the day royal baby was named, any word of any gifts for the baby on this occasion?

Last edited:
There was no mention of any gifts given by Will and Kate, only the mention the necklace she wore when leaving Bhutan and that was it. They left in the morning of the name ceremony, so it would be nice to think they at least had a gift or the little prince. Will is said to have bought a tiger for his son when Kate bought her earrings up at the temple, but that was the only child gift mentioned. But of course they would bring something with them, not buy it while in Bhutan.

Back
Top Bottom