Royal Family of Thailand Current Events 2: Aug 2005 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy said:
Has she been given the title of Crown Princess or she Princess Sriirasm?

No she isn't. Her title is Princess. Technically the system is quite different. To be a the Crown princess, her title would have been started with "Somdej". In Thai royal family, its rare that a princess consort would get such title. In the old days, even the title princess consort would be divided into tiers e.g. those that came from royal descent, courtiers, civilians etc.

jidanant said:
No she isn't. Her title is Princess. Technically the system is quite different. To be a the Crown princess, her title would have been started with "Somdej". In Thai royal family, its rare that a princess consort would get such title. In the old days, even the title princess consort would be divided into tiers e.g. those that came from royal descent, courtiers, civilians etc.

In my opinion, if her (Princess Srirassami) title was "Somdej", she wouldn't still be called crown princess either. Princess Soamsavali (crown prince first wife) never was Thailand's Crown Princess either before she divorced the Crown Prince.

Please remember to post a credible source (article, newspaper, magazine, etc as mentioned on TRF Rules & Guidelines) when posting a statement. Any post that is based on a hear-say or speculation is not credible to be regarded as a source, thus, will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding

purple_platinum
Thai Forum Moderator

UK Thais throng to celebration
Princess welcomed by 5,000 people to help honour the King

Over 5,000 members of Britain's 36,000-strong Thai community turned out in the capital on Saturday to celebrate the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's accession to the throne.
Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsavali graced the celebrations at Wat Buddhapadipa, in the Wimbledon area.
The Princess's arrival at the 40-year-old royal temple was greeted by cheers from a crowd of school children, civil servants, diplomats, expatriate Thais and well-wishers from around the UK, who formed long lines on both sides of the temple's entrance.

Receiving the Princess on her arrival at the temple were its abbot, Phrarachbhavanavimol, Vikrom Koompirochana, the Thai ambassador to Britain, and other high-ranking officials.
"It's a great pleasure to be able to visit the temple, join in this most auspicious event and meet Thais here," said the Princess.

During the ceremony, the Princess conferred certificates to more than 200 outstanding Thais for their contributions to Buddhism and the Thai community. After participating in religious formalities, and despite the sweltering heat, the Princess added to the day's jubilation by going on a walkabout in which members of the Thai community got up close with their princess.
https://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/06/19/national/national_30006759.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Chulabhorn

Princess Chulabhorn in Varsow with the President of Poland and wife

from terra

Ine said:
Khun Mai as a honorary model for Front Mini Magazine.
Everyone was so surprised by her close resemblance to Princess Ubolratana.
Wow! she is one spectacular beauty!

Purple Platinum, I was so intrigued by your post on the Crown Prince's affairs and the way the King dealt with him. I found an article that explains why he was able to have a wife and a lady friend in the 70's while the King (who does not like that tradition) made the rules more modern and as result disqualified the children born out of wedlock from his son's mistress, the actress Yuvadhida Polpraserth.
Here is the link: Sun Jan 12 2003 http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=Vajiralongkorn

That was a very interesting article. It answered some of the questions I have had about the Crown Prince. Too bad Sirindhorn can't become Queen -- I would imagine she would be excellent and continue on her father's work.

Princess's daughter received a bachelor's degree from Silpakorn University yesterday.

News from paploy.com

Congratulations to hers

Matichon.co.th

Princess of Thailand, Her Royal Highness Professor Chulabhorn Mahidol during a lecture at the 5th International Symposium on Chromatography of Natural Products. The symposium is dedicated to herbal medicine as well as natural healing products.

June 19, 2006
Lublin, Poland

(photo by Miroslaw Tremebcki)

HRH princess chulabhorn is so preety and intelligent. i wonder how old is she now? did she already marry and have kids?

nadiana said:
HRH princess chulabhorn is so preety and intelligent. i wonder how old is she now? did she already marry and have kids?

This is from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Chulabhorn)
Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn or Chulabhorn Walailak, born July 4, 1957 in Bangkok, is a Princess of Thailand, the youngest daughter of HM King Bhumipol Adulyadej and HM Queen Sirikit of Thailand.

Chulabhorn studied Chemistry and graduated in 1979 from the Faculty of Science at Kasetsart University, with a Bachelor of Science, First Class Honours. She continued to study Science at Mahidol University, where she received her Doctorate in 1985. She was awarded the UNESCO Einstein Medal for her efforts in promoting scientific collaboration in 1986, and she was the first Asian to be invited to join the Royal Society of Chemistry, in England, as an Honorary Fellow.

She married Royal Thai Air Force Flight Lieutenant Virayuth Didyasarin (Air Vice Marshal now), a commoner, in 1982. According to custom, she lost her title when marrying a man of lesser position. However, she was granted a special permission by her father to keep her rank of Chao Fa.

The couple eventually divorced, but out of this marriage she has two daughters:
  • HRH Princess Siribhachudhabhorn
  • HRH Princess Adityadhornkitikhun
Currently, she has been in a relationship with Chaichon Locharernkul, a professor at the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.

You can also read more on Princess Chulabhorn here :
http://www.thaimain.org/eng/monarchy/chula.html

found this interesting pics from pantip, don't know if I post in the wrong forum or not...

b.jpg

p.jpg

r.jpg

u.jpg

a.jpg

m.jpg

s.jpg

t.jpg

credit goes to both pantip.com and paploy.com

Ine

Please could you identify these people

Yhank you

All of Them are the grandchilds of HM King Bhumibol. (order by age)
1. HRH Princess Bhajrakitiyabha, Daughter of Crown Pirnce Maha Vajiralongkorn
2. Khun Ploypailin Jensen, Daughter of Princess Ubol Ratana
3. HRH Princess Siribhachudhabhorn, Daughter of HRH Princess Chulabhorn
4. Khun Poom Jensen, Son of Princess Ubol Ratana
5. HRH Princess Adityadhornkitikhun, Daughter of HRH Princess Chulabhorn
6. Khun Sirikitiya Jensen, Daughter of Princess Ubol Ratana
7. HRH Princess Sirivwannavari Nariratana , Daughter of Crown Pirnce Maha Vajiralongkorn
8. HRH Princess Dipangkorn Rasmijoti, Son of Crown Pirnce Maha Vajiralongkorn

Last edited:
iparity

Thank you - I had guessed they were the Kings grandchildren but didn't know which was which.

Some pics from ThaiExpat of HRH Princess Bejaratana.

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn will be granted the Intergovernmental Forum on Chemical Safety (IFCS)'s Special Recognition Award for her efforts and achievements in promoting chemical safety in Thailand and neighbouring countries. The award presentation will be held on Monday at the IFCS's fifth session in Budapest, Hungary.

Created by the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, the IFCS or Earth Summit serves as a platform for all stakeholders, including governments and non-governmental organisations, in promoting environmentally sound management of chemicals. The princess has received many awards for her contribution to the country's well-being. She was given the EMS-Hollaender International Fellow Award from the Environment Mutagen Society, USA, in 2002 and the UNESCO Einstein Medal promoting scientific collaboration in 1986

(Bangkok Post)

Last edited:
For more info
HRH Princess Bejaratana is the only daughter of King Rama VI.
She was born in 1925-two days before the King's death..

HRH Princess Chulabhorn in IFCS (Earth Summit) V

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand (above) speaks at the IFCS Forum V opening ceremony

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand, and the Chulabhorn Research Institute were awarded the Special Recognition Award for building capacity for chemical safety and for research to prevent negative impacts of chemicals in all areas of development.

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand (forth from left) at openning ceremony of IFCS V or Earth Summit in Budapest, Hungary on September 25, 2006
from this pic you can see Dr.Chaichon Locharernkul, HRH's husband sat behind her.:flowers:
(www.iisd.ca)

Last edited:
Princess Chulabhorn won Nagoya Medal Special Award

Princess Chulabhorn recieved the Nagoya Medal Special Award, the first person to recieve this honour. The ceremony took place in Naha, Okinawa, Japan on the 1th International Conference on Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry in Asia on Decenber 16-20, 2006:)

Pride moment of Princess Chulabhorn with her husband with the Nagoya Medal Special Award on her hand.:flowers:

The official annoucement about Nagoya Award stated about HRH.:)
(photos from thai embassy and Nagoya University)

Wednesday December 6, 2006
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/12/6/apworld/20061206210323&sec=apworld

Princess in the house, Thai royal takes up residence in Athletes Village

DOHA, Qatar (AP): Thailand's Princess Sirivannavarinariratana is not alone among royalty at the Asian Games.

She is, however, the only one who took up residence at the Athletes Village.

"It feels good that I can develop some new relationships with the other athletes,'' said the 19-year-old badminton player. "If I am not participating I will be there cheering for my team at other sports, particularly boxing.''

The Thai princess said her Athletes Village experience is easy to deal with: "I know when I have to be a player and when I've got to be a princess.''

She won her first gold at the Southeast Asian Games last year in Manila.

Princess Soamsawali visited Augsburg, Germany

This week, HRH visited the City of Augsburg in Bavaria, Germany as a guest of the City to open the city anual spring festival. The City welcomed her with lovely period costume ceremony.;)

Picture of the welcoming ceremony
Königliche Hoheiten aus Thailand zu Gast in Augsburg

Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol will visit Indonesia

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol will pay a royal visit to the Republic of Indonesia between the 7th and 10th of April, B.E. 2550 (2007).

During this Visit, Her Royal Highness will deliver an opening keynote speech, as well as participate in an International Symposium, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology and Clinical Studies of Asian Plants, at the invitation of the Chairman of the Scientific Committee, in Surabaya. (This is from Thai news)

I wish we would see more of her. I have always liked her.

Good for her! Princess Chulaborhn performs her duties very carefully. I think she is a worthy Princess. And I also likes her husband very much. It seems a good, simple man.

Vanesa.

I hope we will see some more photos of her during the visit. She is very intelligent and pretty! Her oldest sister Ubol Ratana and Chulabhorn seem to resemble their mother the most ( when Sirikit was young)

Ine said:
found this interesting pics from pantip, don't know if I post in the wrong forum or not...

credit goes to both pantip.com and paploy.com

Thanks for these great pics!! More of the granchildren would be great!

Princess Chulabhorn in Antalya, Turkey

HRH Princess Chulabhorn will attend the 5th International Conference on Environmental Mutagens in Human Populations in Antalya, Turkey. :graduate:

During the conference, HRH will deliver a keynote lecture - Opportunities and challenges on environmental health in Southeast Asia after the opening ceremony on May 20th.

ENVIRONMENTAL MUTAGENS IN HUMAN POPULATIONS 2007 | Antalya-TURKEY

Princess Chulabhorn visits Bhutan

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand will be making a goodwill visit to Bhutan from June 18-27.

This is Her Royal Highness’s first visit to Bhutan and will be received in audience by His Majesty the King and other members of the Royal Family.

Her Royal Highness will be accompanied by the Royal Consort, Associate Professor Dr. Chaichon Locharenkul, M D. During the visit, Her Royal Highness is scheduled to attend an executive seminar on Environment Toxicology for Safe and Sustainable Development to be organised by the Chulabhorn Research Institute at the Royal Institute of Management and deliver a series of lectures on toxicology, chemical carcinogenesis and pesticides. The Princess will also be visiting places of religious and cultural significance in Thimphu and Punakha. :flowers:

http://www.kuenselonline.com/modules.php?ame=News&file=article&sid=8599

2007, June 19 : Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand has arrived in the Kingdom on a nine day goodwill visit yesterday. Her Royal Highness is accompanied by Royal Consort and a 43 member entourage.

Upon arrival at the Paro International Airport, Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol was received by Her Royal Highness the Princess Ashi Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck, the Health Minister Lyonpo Dr. Jigme Singye and the Foreign Secretary Yeshay Dorji.

On arrival at the Mothithang palace Her Royal Highness was received by Their Royal Highnesses the Princesses Ashi Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck and Ashi Kesang Choden Wangchuck. The Gyalpoi Zimpon Penjore was also present to receive Her Royal Highness.

Her Royal Highness will receive an audience with His Majesty the King on Tuesday.

This is Her Royal Highness’s first visit to Bhutan.

Bhutan's National Radio and Television Service

20 June, 2007 - His Majesty the King granted an audience to Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand at the Dechenchholing palace yesterday, June 19.

His Majesty the King and their Royal Highnesses the Princesses also hosted a lunch at the Dechenchholing palace on the same day.

Kuensel Newspaper - Thai Princess in Bhutan

Toxicology class by Princess Chulabhorn

22 June, 2007 - Bhutanese policy makers, senior government officials and private sector executives were introduced to what is regarded as the oldest science in the world – toxicology – in an executive seminar led by Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol of Thailand, on June 20 in Thimphu.

Her Royal Highness said that in the less industrially developed countries in Southeast Asia the main environmental toxicological problems being addressed currently were water pollution caused by uncontrolled industrial effluents and urban air pollution caused by traffic and industrial discharge. Uncontrolled use of pesticides also resulted in toxic substances entering the food chain and causing groundwater contamination.

“Setting appropriate environmental standard for the whole country is one of the issues the regulatory agencies face when they are frequently faced with developmental challenges,” said Her Royal Highness. “It is important to recognize the relative ‘risk’ for the government to make the right decision.”
But inadequate infrastructure like qualified trained scientists, equipment and facilities limited the ability in developing countries to conduct research for evaluation and assessment of risk. “Education and training in environmental toxicology, pollution control and pollution prevention is the corner stone of an environmental and public health management system,” said Her Royal Highness.

Kuensel Newspaper - The science of poisons

Princess Chulabhorn offers scholarships

27 June, 2007 - The Chulabhorn Research Institute in Bangkok, Thailand will provide scholarship to about four Bhutanese every year for five years and conduct short-term trainings in Bhutan. A memorandum of understanding was signed between Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol and Her Royal Highness Ashi Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck on behalf of the university and the Bhutan Trust Fund (BTF).

Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol, who was in Bhutan for a 10-day visit, returned to her country today.

According to BTF officials the decision to provide scholarship and short-term trainings were made during the Princess’ stay in Bhutan.

Kuensel Newspaper - Thailand offers scholarships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom