Kingdom of Tonga

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[FONT=&quot]Vanesa[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The article from Matangi [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tonga[/FONT][FONT=&quot] said that there are foreign dignitaries, but do not mention names, but am sure there are representatives from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Samoa[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fiji[/FONT][FONT=&quot] since[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]there are royal and noble houses from there…here are some more photos from[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]planet-tonga.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I would imagine that there were members of the royal families of Uvea, Sigave and Alo, the three kingdoms that make up the Wallis and Futuna islands.

Memorial Service for Prince Tu'ipelehake & Princess Kaimana of Tonga

By Planet-Tonga

Last edited by a moderator:
visit of Queen Elizabeth to Queen Salote of Tonga

King "gravely ill"

The Sydney Daily Telegraph reported today that King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV "is gravely ill in a New Zealand hospital".

The King has been in Auckland for treatment for poor health since April, returning to Tonga to celebrate his 88th birthday on July 4.

Hope he'll recover quickly. It could be very sad for Tonga if his health doesn't improve since the Kingdom had two important loss with Prince Tu'ipelehake and the Princess Kaimana...:sad:

Please, keep us updated.:cry:

Vanesa.

I don't think he is going to recover. The Tongan Prime Minister said that "only God can save the king now" and I somehow feel that God has decided that his time has come. When you look at recent photos of the king he looks a poor soul and is obviously in a lot of pain and distress. I think that when death comes it will be a blessed release. May God grant him a holy and peaceful death.

Tongan king dies aged 88 after long illness
"His Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV passed away peacefully at 11.34 pm, on Sunday the 10th of September at Mercy Hospital," the palace office said in a statement.
Tupou died with most of his family at his bedside, including Queen Halaevalu Mata'aho and Prime Minister Feleti Sevele, the palace said in a statement headed, "The sun has set in the kingdom of Tonga."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060910/wl_asia_afp/tongaroyalking_060910214631

Our deepest sympathy to the people and the Royal Family of the Kingdom of Tonga and all the persons and royal watchers interested in the Kingdom of Tonga. Here are some news and a couple of extracted quotes that came during the past few hours:

Tongan King dies in New Zealand at 88 (includes picture of the King when he was in better health)
...In the 1990s, Tupou IV led his 108,000 people on a diet and exercise regime aimed at cutting the levels of fat in a nation where coconut flesh and mutton flaps are dietary staples. From a weight listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the heaviest for any monarch (462 pounds) the king shed around 154 pounds...

The King of Tonga at peace
...Kuo to ‘a e la’a ‘o e ‘Otu Tonga: The sun has set in the Kingdom of Tonga.
His Majesty King Taufa’ahau Tupou IV passed away peacefully at 11.34pm, on Sunday the 10th of September at Mercy Hospital. He was surrounded by the love and prayers of Her Majesty Queen Halaevalu Mata’aho and members of the Royal family. The Prime Minister of Tonga Honourable Dr Feleti Sevele was also in attendance in Auckland...

Tongans in mourning for king

Leaders pay tribute
10.30am Monday September 11, 2006
...Prime Minister Helen Clark said flags on government buildings in New Zealand would fly at half mast today and on the day of the funeral as a mark of respect for Tonga's King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV who passed away last night. Miss Clark said the people of Tonga had revered the king throughout his reign...

New King Of Tonga Being Sworn In
11:02 am, 11 Sep 2006

Tonga's Privy Council meets to discuss Ascension to the Throne
11 Sep 2006 12:07 pm

Official mourning for King of Tonga begins and new King sworn in
Sept 11 2006 11:12 am

Last edited:
My sincere condoleances to people of Tonga and to the new King. Taufa'ahau Tupou IV was really a remarkable man.

Vanesa.:sad:

I don't know whether the new King of Tonga will use the name 'Topoutoa' as part of his title.However,he will have 'Topou V' to indicate that he is the fifth monarch of the dynasty.

Aidan.

My condoleances to the people of Tonga & to the royal family
and “Long Live” the New King.

1. from the book--QE2 by penny junor
2. from the book -Jubilee by tim graham
3. from the book-- HM the queen by hugh montgomery massingberd
4-5 Getty
6. Tongaturismo.info
7. Mirrorpix
8. chinaconsulatesf.org

1.with the emperor and empress of Japan (profimedia)
2. in Japan (park6.wakwak.com)
3-5. with Prinz Louis Ferdinand von Preussen (seeger)
6-8. closing of parliament (alamy)
9. spimag.com
10 seawanhaka.com

1-2 anp
3. alamy
4. bruceconnew.com
5. royal ark
6-7 alamy
8 with US state sec george Schultz (aapimage)
9 tonga-king 77th bday (tabisite.com)

His majesty, the King of Tonga passed away on Sept. 10th. May he rest in peace.

iago said:
His majesty, the King of Tonga passed away on Sept. 10th. May he rest in peace.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Last edited:
Tongan king's funeral next week

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060911/wl_asia_afp/tongaroyalkingfuneral_060911073005

King of Tonga dies at 88
His 58-year-old elder son, Crown Prince Tupouto’a, who has been acting as head of state in the last months of his father’s illness, took the constitutional vows of succession in a ceremony at the parliament in Nuku’alofa.
He will take his father’s name and be formally crowned as King Taufa’ahau Tupou V at a date yet to be set.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Display...eworld_September327.xml&section=theworld&col=

From Getty

The body of the Late King of Tonga, Taufa'ahau Tupou IV arrives at his residence Atalanga in Epson, September 12, 2006 in Auckland New Zealand. The body of the Late King will lie in state at his Auckland residence before flying back to Tonga tomorrow for a state funeral. (Photo by Sandra Mu/Getty Images)

Image no.5
Prime Minister of New Zeland Helen Clark is among the first to pay last respect to the late King Taufa'hau Tupou IV of Tonga.

Royalist0007 said:
I don't know whether the new King of Tonga will use the name 'Topoutoa' as part of his title.However,he will have 'Topou V' to indicate that he is the fifth monarch of the dynasty.

Aidan.

One source said he will be Taufa'ahua Tupou V and another said he will be George Tupou V. We will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Source--http://palaceoffice.gov.to

The King lies in State at ‘Atalanga Royal Residence in New Zealand

Image no.1

Maori King Te Arikinui Tuheiti Paki pay his last respect to the king.

AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND - SEPTEMBER 12: Tuheitia Paki, the Maori King (3rd R) and his wife Te Atawhai (4th R) stand outside the house for a karakia (prayer) after paying their respects to the Late King of Tonga, Taufa'ahau Tupou IV in Epson, September 12, 2006 in Auckland, New Zealand

from getty

Tonga is about 50% Methodist and 50% Mormon, I wonder which church the royal family adhere to.

Landgrave said:
Tonga is about 50% Methodist and 50% Mormon, I wonder which church the royal family adhere to.

The royal family are Methodists but actually Mormons make up 15% of the population not 50%.

On Wednesday 12 of septemember His Majesty King Taufa Ahau Tupou of Tonga Passed Away.
RIP your Majesty.
God Save The New King Of Tonga

Back
Top Bottom