Websites for the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Official website has new design. I think taht it is better than before and there is also agenda, I have never found it in the old version... What are your opinions??

Yep, I like it too. They also updated some of the biographies.

Too bad that there is no English language.

there is a pdf in english that gives a pretty good background.

It's time for the Grand Ducal court to update the 'family' page on their website: prince Charles is still missing and grand duke Jean's passing hasn't registered either.

It's interesting how they stress that they are close and spend a lot of time together as a family. I wonder what the reality behind that statement is. They haven't been able to produce a picture of the whole family together for a few years now... (or were all of them together during the last skiing holiday?)

The biography pages of both Guillaume and Stéphanie haven't been updated (i.e., included the birth of their son) either; and Charles doesn't have his own page yet.

Regarding Stéphanie's biography; I wonder why they state that "She grew up on the family property of Anvaing in Belgian Hainaut, surrounded by her seven brothers and sisters." - as I would assume that most of her childhood the majority of her sibling had left the 'family property' (i.e., castle); or did all of them live at home up until they were up to 36 years old (Jehan was 17 or 18 when she was born) while studying at university, starting to work and stay there after marriage?! Stéphanie was 9 when her eldest brother married and 12 when her sister Nathalie married. I don't know at what age her sister Gaëlle entered her convent but if younger than 32, Stéphanie would still be living at home.

Last edited:
The Cour website has been inconsistent/slow to update for years. Recently, it seems their media/PR person is prioritizing social media with instagram, twitter, and facebook updated before the website.

With such a big family and several adult children having families of their own, I'd imagine it's difficult to get everyone together for a group photo. Members come and go during summer and winter holidays.

As for the statement about Stephanie's childhood surrounded by siblings, well...maybe the siblings kept in touch? Stephanie attended secondary schools in northern France and Brussels so she wasn't at Anvaing constantly either. I agree the writer could have left out the "surrounded by her seven brothers and sisters" part.

Last edited:
The family use to spend a lot of time together and, like any family, have "drifted" somewhat since three of the children married when, like any family, suddenly holidays have to be split between the two families and there are children and suddenly even that big house is Cabasson isn't as big and roomy as it once looked. I think they are close its just tricky getting everyone in one picture, I know in my family there aren't that many occasions we are all together.

The website is massively out of date, I wonder if that will change soon as one of the point noted in the Waringo report was that while the Grand Duchess has a fancy new website of her own that of the Cour is outdated.

Maybe we will soon see a new website for them all which is more up to date.

The family use to spend a lot of time together and, like any family, have "drifted" somewhat since three of the children married when, like any family, suddenly holidays have to be split between the two families and there are children and suddenly even that big house is Cabasson isn't as big and roomy as it once looked. I think they are close its just tricky getting everyone in one picture, I know in my family there aren't that many occasions we are all together.

The website is massively out of date, I wonder if that will change soon as one of the point noted in the Waringo report was that while the Grand Duchess has a fancy new website of her own that of the Cour is outdated.

Maybe we will soon see a new website for them all which is more up to date.
Hopefully. As the current one is hopeless. While they do report on activities, it shouldn't be too hard to keep the rest of the website up to date as well.

Cleaning up all the pages, so it doesn't paint a rosy picture that isn't true would help; such as them spending lots of time together - you can still be close without doing so - or having Stéphanie grow up 'surrounded by' her siblings, while pretty soon, most of them had left home. The message that the family is close; and that Stéphanie was the youngest of 8 provides sufficient information.

A New Year's surprise ;) The official website has finally been updated:

** monarchie.lu **

At the end of the year, the http://monarchie.lu site is getting a new look and offers you a brand new modern user experience, clear and optimized for your smartphones and tablets. A multilingual version will also be launched in 2021.

Good discovery!

** Announcement **

:previous: It's regrettable that some information was removed, but it's a pleasant surprise to see the expansion of content, particularly in regards to the historical framework and organization of the monarchy and household.

Much better than the "updates" of many other official websites (the British for instance) which largely removed content or made it more difficult to find.

It seems a similar style to that personal website of MT's, which has now btw been taken down and redirects to the new Cour website. It is much better than the old one and I suspect over time more info will be added. They say they are working on a different language versions as well which would be good.

I agree with Tatiana Maria about the information removal yet I hope that's temporary and look forward to seeing how the website develops. I didn't see an "agenda" section.

On the occasion of her birthday today Grand Duchess Maria Teresa launched her website Maria-Teresa.lu.

I'm surprised. It was only two years ago that the Waringo report was critical of the fact that the Grand Duchess, uniquely, had her own dedicated website at grande-duchesse.lu, resulting in it being reincorporated into the grand-ducal family website.

Sad because the website of the Grand Ducal family doesn't have a calendar to see the schedules

Back
Top Bottom