The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2020, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
I’m sure this is just a culture clash about domestic issues. Every court has its run in with the “Americas”! Thank God Queen Silvia had a European grounding.

But Grand Duchess Maria Teresa grow up in Switzerland not on Cuba.So she should also have an eurpean grounding. And then she lives for almost 40 years in Luxembourg.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But Grand Duchess Maria Teresa grow up in Switzerland not on Cuba.So she should also have an eurpean grounding. And then she lives for almost 40 years in Luxembourg.

The Duchess has a highly civilised Latin heritage being born in Cuba having spent her formative childhood in North America too.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Perhaps we can leave national stereotypes out of this discussion and move on? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2020, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
RTL claims that the report by Jeannot Waringo is completed and has been handed over to Prime Minister Xavier Bettel.

https://www.rtl.lu/news/national/a/1461311.html

Bettel erhält brisanten Bericht über den Hof

L'Essentiel says it is for now only in the hands of the Prime Minister but it will likely be sent to the Grand Duke and to the Chamber later this weekend.
"The Report will also be discussed in parliament and published for the wider public though it is not sure yet in which form..."
https://twitter.com/svenja_loves/sta...79794293567488

Oh my. Well... if the allegations are true... I wonder how the GDF will accept the report/fallout and how quickly changes will be implemented. Fortunately there will be happy distractions with the HGD couple's baby and all. Guess we'll continue to see Grand Duke Henri everywhere for a while and then a PR campaign for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Grand Duke Henri released a letter following recent headlines about staff turnover and mistreatment ... along with new photos with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Message de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Janvier 2020 (available in Luxembourgish, English, Spanish, and French)

ETA: My initial impression is... the letter isn't helpful and will be turn out to be a bad move...
Old 01-27-2020, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Grand Duke Henri released a letter following recent headlines about staff turnover and mistreatment ... along with new photos with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Message de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Janvier 2020 (available in Luxembourgish, English, Spanish, and French)

ETA: My initial impression is... the letter isn't helpful and will be turn out to be a bad move...
Let's wait and see what the Report really sqays. But in my opinion if half of it is true it's not ideal. Because this are different Issues and have nothing to to with each other.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a puzzling statement. Rather candid as far as statements from royalty go. Even the duke and duchess of Sussex have not been this blunt . You would imagine courtiers would be involved in such a statement, but if they were I can not imagine they would have come to this result.

I can't see what MT being a woman, mother or grand mother has anything to do with it, but perhaps the Grand Duke knows more than we do. Neither do I understand why HRH feels he need to explain that he is writing it from the intensive care unit in Geneva.

We can't blame the Grand Duke for defending his wife of course. But this statement has little value since the report itself is not made public yet. Until it is rumours are bound to go around because the facts are not available.

If somebody is running their publicity department that person must have been either overruled by the Grand Duke himself or is grossly incompetent. I suspect the statement will have the opposite effect of what was intended. It makes you wonder in what kind of cocoon these people are living.

The previous Prime minister stripped the Grand Duke of his powers. Perhaps this one would be wise to make a government office responsible for official communiques from the court, as is the case in The Netherlands with the RVD.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:26 AM
Gentry

The statement has clearly been composed by MT. She controls the Grand Duke. The government must step in and put a stop to this.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

All this should have been done before and in Luxembourg.
Even if Bettel will be asked not to publish the Rapport , everybody knows the Grand Duchess's Behaviour.
What is sure , no Abdication for the moment .
Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I’m really puzzled by this statement!

What is the relevance of being by a sick relatives bedside? To look for sympathy? Do we know who the ill relative is?
Old 01-27-2020, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I’m really puzzled by this statement!

What is the relevance of being by a sick relatives bedside? To look for sympathy? Do we know who the ill relative is?
I agree its very bizarre.

The brother of Grand Duchess Maria Theresa has been in hospital

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

What an odd letter. I'm very puzzled as to how any of this is relevant, especially the bit about the GD being a woman,but perhaps that will become clearer after the report is made public.

Not the best PR move, that's for sure, and the photographs are really bizarre.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post

In light of the way the Grand Duchess reacted against her mother-in-law Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte, I was wondering if there would be a similar reaction against the Prime Minister... The letter is at least milder than the press conference in the 2000s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
What a puzzling statement. Rather candid as far as statements from royalty go. Even the duke and duchess of Sussex have not been this blunt . You would imagine courtiers would be involved in such a statement, but if they were I can not imagine they would have come to this result.
The statement seems less blunt than some of the statements from the duke, but I agree that it is unusually candid in the context of a statement from Luxembourg's head of state, and it is interesting that he chose to release it prior to and not after the public release of the Waringo report.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In light of the way the Grand Duchess reacted against her mother-in-law Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte, I was wondering if there would be a similar reaction against the Prime Minister... The letter is at least milder than the press conference in the 2000s.
What are you referring to?

The statement was clearly wrote by or under direction of the Grand Duchess. If what they say about her is true, this is really not unexpected. But where were the courtiers to stop this? Oh, wait. They are too frightened to do anything.

What's interesting is will the Government stop this farce? And will the Grand Duchess be subordinate?
Old 01-27-2020, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
What are you referring to?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...a-Lady-Di.html
Old 01-27-2020, 11:15 AM
Nobility

"In 2015, a maid threatened to write a book on the daily life she had lived at the palace and said she was traumatized by this experience."
I'd love to read it.

If she's really bullying employees someone has to stop her. And they should not hesitate to go to court.

I mean, she's raging with public money.

And what this entire situation is saying about the Grand Duke? If he knows and sees it and allows it, he shall be accountable for this, not his wife. It's always him who takes responsibility.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Why the reference to MT being a woman, what does have this to do with anything?

and to indicate that somebody is above criticism only because of the promotion of good causes? A bully is a bully, and it doesnt matter what good he or she might to elsewhere.
very, very weired statement for a HoS.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:39 PM
Majesty

A strange statement indeed. I’m not sure why the GD thought this was a good idea. So many questions open up just by reading this.

Some say the pictures are in Paris but since he says he is in Geneva I’m thinking this may be Geneva lake instead. It would be strange / under mining to release pictures in Paris if people claim MT spends too much time there.

In fact it’s strange to release pictures at all with a statement such as this... puzzling. A serious statement wouldn’t have pictures.

And I’m unsure why he mentions he’s at the bed side of his in law. Maybe to signify they are facing a tough family situation as is?

The whole reference to MT being a woman is really strange too.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Addending and smiling in a Stephane Bern Event in Paris instead of attending the Comte de Lannoy's Funerals is a very strange and unpopular behaviour.
I never understood Grand Duke Henri's attitude.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

carlota, yes I thought the photos were in Geneva as well.

RTL - Tëscheruff vum Roy Grotz: Message vum Haff: eng souverän Reaktioun?

RTL commentary:
- finds the statement puzzling
- while the Grand Duke defends and shows loyalty to his wife, the statement doesn't address the alleged staffing problems
- RTL editorial office asked the Cour for comment on January 17 but their request was rejected so it's untrue that GD Maria Teresa "is not even being given the right to defend herself?"