State Visit from Italy to Luxembourg: February 2-4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Maria Teresa's coat in the first photo is interesting (lol). Strange coat aside, she looks really pretty in that first photo. I also thought that she looked very beautiful at the gala.

I don't think The Grand-Duchess's dress is very appropriate for a gala banquet, though The Grand-Duke looks well in his uniform

I think the grand duchess looked lovely at the gala and the grand duke was rather handsome himself;)

:previous: I couldn't agree more. The Grand Duke almost always looks handsom and the Drand Dutchess looks breathtaking! I loved her dress but I do not understand how it was inappropriate. Guillaume also looked good as well.

:previous: I couldn't agree more. The Grand Duke almost always looks handsom and the Drand Dutchess looks breathtaking! I loved her dress but I do not understand how it was inappropriate. Guillaume also looked good as well.

IMHO I just think dark dresses always look so drab at state banquets and do not set off the sash and jewels very well, The dress was also quite plain and I didn't like the neckline and shoulders / lack thereof.

And the first coat worn for the welcome ceremony was just awful, like rags sown together, apart from the clothes though I think HRH looks quite well and her hair is nice.

BTW I never have been a big fan of GD Marie Therese's wardrobe so please ignore my moaning;)

Last edited:
The jewels are beautiful .. but her hairdo and the way she wears her sash are not.

the grand-duchess was so pretty, so lovely !! I love her dress and her hairdo !!! congratulation !!!! And Guillaume was so beautiful too !

IMHO I just think dark dresses always look so drab at state banquets and do not set off the sash and jewels very well, The dress was also quite plain and I didn't like the neckline and shoulders / lack thereof.

And the first coat worn for the welcome ceremony was just awful, like rags sown together, apart from the clothes though I think HRH looks quite well and her hair is nice.

OK I see what you are saying. I totally agree with you on her coat for the welcome ceremony. I don't know what she was thinking!

:clap:

WoW!
MT Looks fabulous!...
thinner even!
I love it!

:notworthy:

On February 3rd, the main four paid a visit to the Italian Art Painting Exhibition at the Luxembourg National Museum for History and Art.

Pic 1**Pic 2**Pic3

On February 3rd, the main four paid a visit to the Italian Art Painting Exhibition at the Luxembourg National Museum for History and Art.

Pic 1**Pic 2**Pic3

Great photos! The art that they are standing in front of is very beautiful. I think that Maria Teresa has looked very beautiful throughout this visit (with the exception of the strange coat on the first day).

Wow! MT is thinner now. I like her gown, however, I don't think I like the way she positioned her sash. I like it better when it was over the gown not under it.

I was quite suprised at how "young" the GD looked with her longer hair. And she is thinner (again). Or maybe it is the longer hair and her black clothes that are making her look younger? I don't know, but she looks great. And her hubby looks very handsome, as always!

MT looks great - she looks thinner.

I love the gala hairdo but not the big strand of hair hanging down by her face.
This is a teen-age trend - it looks messy and unkempt on a Grand Duchess.
Leave this look to Alexandra.

Wow!! Maria Teresa looks great in her state visit pictures of Italy. She has gotten so much thinner and she looks so youthful. It's as if we had been put in a time machine and were looking at her during her early years of marriage to Henri! I also like her long hair. I always thought that MT looked better with long hair, though she had periods in her life when she cut her hair really short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom