Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that should be seeing instead of sating anyone in my last post. I hope the rumor is true as he would make a great husband and he needs someone at his side. but as they said it is a rumor of all things but yes we will have to wait and see

was there no gala dinner last night?

Wasn't there an gala evening this year? Or are there simply no pictures of it?

Luxembourg's National Day: June 23, 2012

Luxembourg's National Day, also known as The Grand Duke's Official Birthday,
will be celebrated on June 23rd.

:luxflag::luxflag::luxflag:

The Grand Ducal Family will mark the occasion with a traditional Te Deum service at the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Various other events take place both on June 22nd and June 23rd as part of the festivities.​

Program of Events for June 22nd and June 23rd

June 22nd - Eve of National Day
16:00 - Changing of the Guard at the Grand Ducal Palace
18:00 - The Hereditary Grand Duke visits Esch-sur-Alzette
21:00 - The Grand Ducal Couple visit the city of Differdange
22:00 - Torchlight procession through the City of Luxembourg, with a performance by the military band in the presence of the Grand Ducal Family at Place Guillaume
23:30 - Fireworks

June 23rd - National Day/The Grand Duke's Official Birthday
10:30 - The Grand Ducal Family attends the traditional Te Deum Mass at the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Luxembourg City
11:15 - 101 Gun Salute at the Fetschenhaff
11:30 - The Grand Duke and the Hereditary Grand Duke 'take military arms', with a parade in the City

Last edited by a moderator:
Very strange and inappropriate Stephanie doesn´t attend.

I didn't think she would be there. She is not a member of the family yet, and I think her attendance at the church would be a distraction. I'm sure that there is a certain protocol to be followed. Next year she will be front and center.

I didn't think she would be there. She is not a member of the family yet, and I think her attendance at the church would be a distraction. I'm sure that there is a certain protocol to be followed. Next year she will be front and center.

But she could have attended the Visit to Esch-sur-Alzette with Guillaume yesterday. Would have been a nice Introduction for as she has not attended any public Event in Luxembourg since the engagement.

I think so too. She´s the next Grand Duchess and she ist the fiancee of Guillaume. She was with him in Sweden so she should be on his side on her new country´s National Day to be introduced to the country.
Just my opinion.

Btw does Tessy look pregnant?
PPE Agency

I am thinking it is just a dress. if you look at the pic of the the whole family her belly does not look any different then P. Alexandra.

That Cathedral is breathtaking, the wedding should be amazing. :whistling:

I am as impatient as everyone else to see more of the Royal bride-to-be...I wonder is the Court keeping her under wraps until she has a better grasp of Luxembourgish?

Isn't she still living at her family's Castle in Belgium?

I don't think Tessy is pregnant...just a residual "pouch" from having two children in quick succession.

The princesses such as Tessy should wear longer skirts. I can't see whether she's pregnant in that dress, but I can see that her skirt is way above her knees. This is the current high style, I realize, but it does not seem appropriate when the princesses are dressed up for formal occasions. On the beach, yes.

Yes, I was surprised at the length of Tessy's and Alexandra's skirts too....:ohmy:

I don't think they're skirts are too short. Giving their age, I think their skirt lengths were just right.

Pity Stephanie was not there.

Pity Stephanie was not there.

I agree. The fact that she was in Sweden would suggest that she would have been here, too. It is a disappointment. :sad:

She's not yet married into the royal family I don't see why she should attend their national day. She was in Sweden for the christening yes? That's a family event not a royal one, just with royal people attending.

I think so too. She´s the next Grand Duchess and she ist the fiancee of Guillaume. She was with him in Sweden so she should be on his side on her new country´s National Day to be introduced to the country.
Just my opinion.

Btw does Tessy look pregnant?
PPE Agency

I'm getting a photo of Queen Beatrix at the naval review from that ppe link.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all fairness to Stephanie, I don't think she refused to attend the National Day Events or anything.

I think the Grand Ducal Court is calling the shots, and if they wanted her there she would been there.

They know how much buzz this wedding is attracting and they know people are curious about Gui's fiancee...but they have still decided to adhere strictly to tradition and keep her away from official events until she is Hereditary Grand Duchess. :ermm:

That's just the way they roll in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom